Valerian on track to make 16 M all weekend

The budget alone was 200 million plus without marketing.

I kinda want Valerian to do well, even though I have little interest in it, just because its independent. That means less power to the Hollywood (((studios))). (Yes, I know kikes can make independent films, but ditching the big companies can be good)

Hollywood wins again.

>That means less power to the Hollywood (((studios)))
Just watch non-american productions, and watch out for certain people, and you would have a jew-less ride
Problem is that you would only watch 3 good movies a year, but that's 2 more than America, so

This. Though I'm kind of interested in it as a sci-fi production that isn't part of an existing franchise. I'm so sick of franchises. I know it's an adaptation, but at least it's adapted from a comic we don't really know in America.

From what I've gathered, it's no Fifth Element. Visually stunning but the people they chose for the main characters are shit, it's unfocused and is too long for what it tries to do. They are pitching it as a cult classic since it looks like it won't last long in theaters.

It sounds exactly as 5th Element thou

I think the male lead is fine but Cara has no place there, she's got no chemistry, she's also a forced meme. I would've liked to see AnnaSophia Robb as female lead.

I JUST LEFT THE THEATER THIS WAS THE MOST POZZED GARBAGE I EVER SAW. I TRUSTED THE FIFTH ELEMENT GUY. FUCK THIS MOVIE SUCKED. STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM IT.

Come on now, fifth element was garbage in its day too

How so?

I want more info before I accuse you of having (((ulterior motives)))

Elaborate

Not surprising. It isn't capeshit, the actors aren't too famous, and the movie is different then the usual crap that is released. People rather watch something they know, like Fast and Furious 10 or Star Wars 9 then bet on a new movie being good. Thats just how movies are now, reboots, remakes, and sequels.

And games, and series, and maybe music but haven't placed an ear recently to affirm that

You are hereby under arrest for spreading jewish lies without substance, on the ground now!

Alas, the Eternal Anglo-American had struck once again. Luc's is no disgrace.

Besson is a piece of shit, but paying 10 bucks and crying you received an interesting watch is high-tier pleb

What's wrong with you, Americans? Stop making kino flop. Stop exporting your judaic progressivism to Europe.

How is Dane gonna recover?

FAKE NEWS!

Sequels are coming

were you really surprised? i doubt dunkino is even gonna make its budget tbh.

amazing, he's already got JUST face and the movie only just opened

Hold your horses faggot. Here's the list of poz in the order I remember it:

1) The main villain is an evil white guy. He genocided an entire race during a space battle (the number is actually I shit you not-6 million) and is a caricature. He also wants to eliminate the survivors of the genocide to cover his tracks, and hunts them as they try to recreate their homeland (oy vey). He states he has to do it for the good of the Human race.
2) the aliens he genocided are played by female actresses for both genders. They are highly feminized and sinless. They are wise, starting from spears and loincloths they masters of technology and surpass Humans in 30 years. (They becumz kangz)
3) The aliens are a handsy race, putting their hands on their mates. I mention this because at one point a female (in the background) rubs her hands on two males.
4) The white girl apologizes on behalf of humanity for the genocide, because "we" were at fault.
5) The cuck main character at one point talks about how they can't give the McGuffin (which is government property) to the aliens, and the white girl goes on a screed about how awful he is because he wants to follow the law, and how she won't marry him (he had proposed earlier). He relents.
6) Having violated his oath, she tells him "maybe" to his proposal at the end of the movie, having chastised him for being unable to commit. He then affirms he will not see any other women.
7) a shapeshifting alien at one point laments she is 'illegal' and forced to be a sex worker.

6) Having violated his oath, she tells him "maybe" to his proposal at the end of the movie, having chastised him for being unable to commit. He then affirms he will not see any other women

Cuck Besson.

Remember when he did sci-fi movies with manly protagonists?

I don't
Haven't seen Dernier Guerre thou

THERE IS NO END TO THIS SUFFERING

I outright refuse to believe this unless someone provides another, non-imageboard source with plot details

I was there. I saw it. If you doubt me, go spend your fucking shekels on the film like I did. I'm trying to warn you.

Thank you for your sacrifice, user. ;_;7

sorry user, don't take it personally but I like Besson's older works and the whole plot that you described borders so much on parody that I've found it hard to believe

With special effects and slick production you can cram lots of propaganda into a movie and the media will make or break it for you. How rare is a movie independently successful?

I had high hopes for this. I heard it was independent, starring two white lead actors, and penned by the Fifth Element guy. But nope. Pozz.

I got some more:

1) Early in the movie the two 'agents' work with a military team of white guys. They are murdered by a raging beast and they don't care, abandoning them. The lead actress is miffed that her dress was damaged in the escape, not that soldiers died. No one cares or mentions their deaths.
2) At one point the cuck shoots a police officer who identified him with a freeze ray and confiscates his gun. The police officer was following orders to give him any assistance he required and told him this.
3) The aliens overpower the entire military wirh advanced shields and use nonlethal weapons to incapacitate everyone. They don't deploy this technology at the end of the movie, when killer robots from evil Clive Owen attack, and Human soldiers are massacred fighting the robots.
4) The aliens have completely forgiven Humanity (because foreigners are better than you, goyim) and lecture the evil white guy that he is his own true worst enemy (symbolism is obvious there).
5) the white girl punches the evil white guy until her knuckles hurt, stopping to blow on them before resuming. While she does this the cuck fights robots alone.

dunkirk is a brilliant movie about the evils of nazism, i'm glad people are watching it instead of a shit kiddie white supremacist scifi movie

OY VEY
REMEMBER THE SIX MILLION PEARLS THAT WERE KILLED BY HUMAN GOY MONSTERS SUCH AS YOURSELF
THESE TRIBAL BEACH-DWELLING DIRT PEOPLE WHO SQUAT IN YOUR SPACE STATION AND ATTACK PEOPLE AREN'T SAVAGES AT ALL AND YOU'RE A BIGOTED MEANIE IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE
THIS GENERAL WHO VALUED THE WELL-BEING OF HIS OWN PEOPLE OVER A RACE OF SPEAR-CHUCKERS HE NEVER MET BEFORE IS THE WORST GOY OF ALL AND DESERVES TO BE BERATED AND HUMILIATED FOR THE REST OF THE FILM

When are we ever going to see sci-fi that isn't rife with (((misanthropy?)))

none of that sounds pozzed, you're grasping at straws for things to be offended about.

This is pretty much why I saw it.

Can pretty much confirm that this is true.

This is reaching as fuck.

I didn't interpret it as pro-israel. If anything the kikes were the long-nosed goobers with batwings that were bargaining for their information made out to be pathetic. Or the banking/finance races that we didn't see an awful lot of.
It was however a fairly heavy-handed metaphor for why we should be sympathetic to refugees. That said the refugees did help themselves and needed all of 2 items from the main characters in order to return to their own isolated utopia. So it wasn't like an "oh yah we gotz to gib teh refugees alla everything" message.

Would be better without any messaging but it wasn't enough to make the movie unenjoyable. Very visually stunning and by watching it you're supporting sci-fi not made by the hollywood jew. It merits a eye-roll with the heavy-handedness but not being butthurt about.
The lead rolls weren't great but they weren't overdone which is my big peeve. Erred towards being dry which is fine with me.

Maybe I'll still go see it, then.

I think they've really dropped the ball in advertising for this.

Trips confirm. This movie was merely a rat pretending to be a white man's movie. Shame.

Should have spent 90% of the budget on the marketing, you can tell they've not done this before. People will watch complete turds like Disney's Star Wars films if you just put marketing into it. Should've had fake geeks paid off (includes Kike Cucklasa), ads everywhere, maybe "leak" something…

I saw plenty of advertising, at least on billboards and the like. Not so much online, but there was an effort.

GET FUCKED

it's ok Dane, you gave your best, we love you pal

This movie was going great up until the second half. It really sunk in how the movie had gone to shit when the shapeshifting negress we were introduced to 30 seconds ago died for no reason after fighting a bunch of retarded Lord of the Rings trolls that got in to space somehow despite being retarded cannibal savages.

FTFY

BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS

I'm kind of proud of this film. I know it didn't get #1. That's impossible. I'm just happy it beat Spider-Man Homecoming. Wait until the word-of-mouth gets out, it's not going to drop hard after its second weekend, like Spider-Flop.

user is right about everything, however he failed to elaborate the movie is a giant steaming pile of shit regardless of its pozzness

if you like movies where things just "happen" with characters who act like narcissistic robots who make approximations of human interaction at each other and everything they do is without any real consequence or effect on the world and a plot that makes only the first 5 minutes and last 5minutes of the money actually mean anything, then yeah, you might have liked it if you didnt mind the pozzed ness of it

test

Was Dredd pozzed?

All of this is true.
This. Only by kicking puppies into microwaves could they have made it more clear he is the villain. No time is spent trying to justify his actions. It's never even mentioned WHY the battle was fought over the alien's home world. The evil white man even personally executes a negro because he might have spilled the beans about genociding the blue aliens.
also one of the blue aliens mind-rapes their soul into the main character so he will help, but this is presented as a very noble thing

Valerian a flop?

Let me help you. french humor isn't funny, it's stupid. french drama isn't dramatic it's pathetic. french action isn't tense, it's boring.

I had these arguments with a popular french art historian who was offended why we only sold remakes of french films in America.

There is a deep effeminacy in french psychology that is simply impossible to see upon self reflection. One has to have the mind of a woman to find any interest in french cinema.

If you study french plays (I have a bit) you understand where the tradition comes from. It's like shakespeare and sherlock holmes in the english.

And it has been a few decades since I studied this subject and understood the french arts, but I remember it well enough to say that french culture was too much affected by the farce, the plays, the operas and in particular the costumery, and all this nonsense lives on today in french like Henry V and MacBeth live on today in the english speaking world. Not because we watch them. But because everything we watch is an imitation of them.

The source of the effeminacy?

I know a few factors, the first of which is that the original gods in the gallic territories were venus worshippers.

The romans were more successful in Gaul than in germany and britan.

Efeminancy is the result of wealth signaling. But even for example, when we get to Agincourt, the mentality of the french knights was pure drama. Too "Catholic".

So i tend to think of it as the church was so dominant in france that the people passed the tipping point. It got the entire nobiity killed off at agincourt. Ended the era of knights. Which had become efemminate in france.

so how was Valerian? I wanted to see it but it seems like it's getting a lot of hate from a lot of different places.

Not very good in my opinion. It started off strong then went to shit halfway through

Reddit pls leave

It reminded me of Mass Effect. I still have good memories from Mass Effect. Fuck them.

Fucking trash people.

Don't call them Americans, as the current generation has nothing to share with the founders who gave themselves such moniker. They should better be called Goys, as the consumerist cattle with no God and no values they have become.

The problem is that most non-hollywood productions are still run by communist faggots. Most film-schools and industries are completely pozzed.

Dredd subverted BLACKED so I don't think so.

disgusting capitalist decadence

full redditcuck

riahnna is an illegal immigrant.
ebol miltary guy blew ip paradise to win a war.

What's with the Hollywood release scheduling dumping all these movies at once? We go months with shit and then shit dump them all in July and wonder why half fail - spread them the fuck out!

I'm spoiled on going to the large format screens, I don't even consider going to the regular size cinema screenings anymore. Theaters book the biggest blockbuster of the week to their single large format screen so it's impossible to see the second or third-tier films on the week on the large format screen.

War of the Planet of the Apes, Valerian aren't get any play on the large format screens near me. Baby Driver got like 3 showings on the large format. The Regal RPX is playing Girls Trip ffs. /facepalm

No wonder cinema is fucking dead. I have no hope of getting to see Atomic Blonde in large format either so (((they))) won't be getting my shekels either.

Build more premium theaters, spread out the premium movies that would benefit from the large format, stop putting the comedy movie in the theater with the Dolby Atmos or Auro 11.1 sound system. Fucking hollywood.

Everyone wants to be a summer blockbuster

Hollywood bubble burst when?

I just saw it. What a fucking let down. The obvious nods the china were blatant as always. Only the 2 main characters get any characterization which is: Valerian is a slut but he really likes the girl, Girl wants Valerian to be serious but she really loves him because? The rihanna bit was retarded and I struggle to understand how it moved the plot forward at all. The bad guy being a cartoonish genocide man was retarded too. Nothing about the setting is explained but I get the sense that Valerian is actually a 100 plus year old man. The actor playing him looks like a faggot. All the aliens were boring. The best part is the beginning with the multidimensional city since it was really unique and interesting. After that things become pretty boring. I dont understand how the aliens in the genocide planet survived their planet blowing up in a shitty bunker where the door handle falls apart. I dont understand why valerian is able to move at super strength blasting through metal with ease but the chick is helpless when she is placed in a fucking wooden thing. I dont understand why Valerian didnt go into that primitive alien culture in the space station and blast every one of those niggers with his gun. He said he was worried about diplomacy but they just kidnapped a member of your military so they already fucked up? I dont understand why Valerian has a special gun that shoots extra good while everyone else has shitty rifles that seem to be worse than guns we have today. I dont understand why they blew up the planet. I think the whole point of that was to steal the pearls and the animal that shits them out but they literally blew up the planet so I'm struggling to understand why they did any of that.

It's worse than 5th Element which in my opinion is a decent movie but not kino. I never watched lucy since I figured it was just a shit job Besson did so he could work on something he loved. Turns out he's fucking trash now though

What did he mean by this?

won't make a difference in a movie this culturally enriched

It was heavily funded by a chinese company. The first part is the connecting of the space station that become alpha. The chinese were the first visitors. Later on during the last battle there is a chinese guy who saves the day by stopping the bomb from going off which would kill the main character. He also is one of the few survivors.

It's been 20 years since he's accomplished anything of relevance, Leon and The Fifth Element. Since then it's all been shit like the Taxi series, the Transporter series, the Taken series… and each movie in each entry gets perpetually more retarded. It's like he's written himself into full retardation over the course of the years. No wonder he can't score a hit anymore, dude is a delusional fuck.

Wasn't this supposed to be an indie movie?

this is the only reason to watch the movie

It's "indie" in the sense it was not made by a major (((Hollywood))) studio.

I'm surprised that someone would walk out of Fifth Element like that. People are THAT turned off by sci-fi? It's not the greatest movie ever or anything, but it's not bad. I enjoyed it.

I want her to spit in my eye tbh.

im reading the comics right now. theyre not very good tbh

half of the issues seem to be about traveling to earths past

Every criticism ITT is completely accurate. Watched this movie about a week ago, it's bizarre how descriptions of this movie read like hyperbolic cuckposts without requiring a single inaccuracy.

Actually enjoyed the spectacle of it, despite the constant bad goy propaganda

Cuck kill yourself

The opening is optimistic. The setting were gorgeous. A lot of heart seemed to go into making it. Look like a very wonderful film until the main characters appear. The characters are forced, hackneyed, lack depth, lack real weaknesses, lack real emotions are just a compilation of cartoon traits designed to pander to manchildren and women.

The plot is just an excuse to get the action rolling, with tons of plot holes, tons of consistencies, tons of plot devices, and generally unlikable stupid characters.

The whole mystery of the films can just be solved in 1 minutes if they actually pay the ducks instead of threatening to shoot them. The female character should have just be killed off. She practically useless and cringed to watch. All she did in the movie is eye candy who do a lot of punching.

The male character is too good, a fucking mary sue who almost never made a mistake, and can cut down an emperor and his bodyguard singlehand and woo any woman he want. Why there is repercussions of that? Oh, and he tried to remind the girl of his duty as a soldier right after he punch the commander, his superior to sleep.

Bubbles the alien is a summary of everything right and wrong. Her death felt no weight. She is an illegal immigrant inside a city where everyone is an immigrant. She is just a plot device, not a character. She made an impression, act as deus ex machina and killed off when the writer can't think of any other use of her.