Weird ass obscure comics that you like and aren't currently being discussed right now

Slapstick is basically a living cartoon that was made for pure parody and humor that got it's roots in the 90's.

he was a character that lasted about 4 comics and made a bunch of jokes at the expense of other series, like dropping a bucket of water onto Ghost Rider's head or the like, but in the end he was a parody character with an intentionally short run. For some reason he got re-used for Deadpool's gang during Mercs for Money, and had a stint in the Avengers Initiative, where he got background roles for the first wave of it.

And now he has an ongoing comic, which is unlike Deadpool's ongoing comic in that the character is essentially a more clean version, pure comedy, that isn't bogged down by Deadpool's current writers, it's under the radar and the writing is refreshing imo.

At current the arc is centered around Slapstick and his friends taking on a bunch of cartoon parodies who he keeps accidentally summoning by accident because he want to find a cure to his cartoon affliction so he can get his wang back.

It's not bogged down by politics or whatever and he even fucking literally mulches MLP Smurf fuckers, both of which I hated with a passion as a kid and as an adult, honestly. And his new comic is still getting updates and just released a new issue.

What other comics out there have you guys found that you actually like?

Sounds interesting… Care to storytime it?

Slapstick Infinite is a sequential comic made for digital shit, so you'll have a ton of pages that look the same but with a change on it (you'll have the panels come in one by one and sometimes they change, so for example the "page" before the Molar incident in pic four has him shown with an open hand and then him summoning his hammer in the next)

SO Instead i'll dump the original slapstick comic. Note that since he joined Deadpool later, his more recent comic has just a tint of edge since his character got fleshed out there.

aaaand dumping.

and done.

You should check it out, in later issues he really gets rolling.

Is that doctor fucking Vincent Price??

Thanks user

I really miss this sort of origin story. Complete bullshit, but sounds plausible and easy to understand.

That was.. Really good. Dripping with that 90s feeling, but still, I enjoyed it.

>A soldier's only friend is his weapon.
>Fortunately, I've got a lot of friends.

Wow, that's an obscure reference.

wow that was pretty fun fam. Thanks for posting it.

Yeah

Someone storytimed all of The Geek last year.. That series is fucking weird. Same guy who made The Prez, with a lot of the same weird hippy political messages and utterly absurd shit.

Joe Simon was a weird motherfucker.

rule 34 on that loli?

That have anything to do with Geeker?

Slapstick: Marvel's Answer To "Hey, the Mask is pretty popular right now; why don't we have anything like that?"

I loved Slapstick. Then they made him Grimdark McEdgelord during Civil War, and I basically said "Fuck that shit" and moved on with my life.

Pic semi-related, although I'd love to see more of the Heckler.

Didn't even know he existed. What's he about?

Actually, I'd like to see some Ambush Bug.
Those Kieth Giffen specials were insane, and so full of weird in-jokes you only get if you follow the behind-the-scenes as much as you do the actual comics.
Like the issue where the running joke was that the cartoonists were drunk, and Ambush Bug was trying to get Julius Schwartz' job as DC's Goodwill Ambassador, so he steals a Legion Of Super Heroes time cube and keeps going forwards in time to when Julius MUST be dead, and Julius Schwartz is still working for DC in every possible future, for ALL TIME.
And it ends up with the severed head of Julie Schwartz holding Postman Pat in a pit like Silence Of The Lambs, and he's saying IT RUBS THE WHITEOUT ON ITS BODY OR IT GETS THE HOSE!

That sounds awesome we seriously need to storytime that.

Well, if anyone can find it, it's the Ambush Bug Nothing Special. It marked the end of the Ambush Bug specials and the beginning of Heckler, and then Heckler died even faster.

I only ever read the first issue, but I loved it.

Slapstick Infinite is more a return to form.

In that one he's more a chaotic neutral type of guy, who only intervened in the he-man fight because his nephews told him to, with the excuse that he hates children crying, because it's annoying.

However, it's played for comedy because he's literally fighting fucking He-Man under a different name.

Fuck yeah, Ambush Bug!

I have all six issues, and I can't answer really answer that. He appears to be indestructible, very acrobatic, and he abuses his foes with one-liners so badly, even Spider-Man goes "Damn, nigga!"

The funniest part is his secret identity is a huge beta male with apparently no sense of humor whatsoever. I don't know if he was a classic hero who got a copyright bump or if it was the result of a bar bet, but that shit was cash. I was disappointed when it ended.

I dunno, man. He was still talking about killing people and shit. I liked the guy from the 90s who put the FU in FUN.

Decided to go looking for his motivations.

Biography
Powers and abilities

This is not true. Heckler tends to narrowly avoid stuff that should by all rights have killed him. Plus he bounces all over the place.

tl;dr - The Heckler: DC's Answer To "Hey, the Mask is pretty popular right now; why don't we have anything like that?"

That's exactly how I'd describe The Heckler: Bugs Bunny as a super-hero.

This shit is too Russian for me

Nikki is based though

How much Russian is too Russian?

Does Power Pack count?

I discovered this when it was storytimed on 4/co/ years and years ago. Despite some weird 90's gay agenda stuff, it's pretty good.

I quite like Charle's Burns' work. Although he has a tendancy to reuse themes.

I was forever affected by reading his stuff serialized in the alternative weekly papers as a kid. I liked X'ed Out until the final chapter, which I thought was a big let-down.

Damn, those are some next level inks. The only thing I'm really familiar with of his is watching Dog Boy on Liquid Television in the 90s.

I don't actually remember how X'ed Out ended, which is probably telling.

Inking's not bad

Do obscure vidya comics count?

Torrent?

When the flames start coming out.

Yeah. It really felt like he was building up to something, and then it's actually just a damp squib.

There's scenes of people street fighting and then two panels later they're all enjoying vodka together while bleeding profusely