archive.is/oitX4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W7rhEKTX-sE
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ao3clVneKk
youtube.com/watch?v=ywaT65aXoq8
twitter.com/buttsIug/status/839916251807805440
imgur.com/a/ikrgs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ignoring the fact that Lakewood Plaza has been a thing forever, this sounds like just another Mighty Magisword marketing exercise.

looks autism +3

Wait they aren't made by the same people?

Lakewood Plaza Turbo was the name of the original pilot. For the past year CN has been posted animated shorts of the characters on their YouTube but this is the first confirmation that it will be a show.

I thought that this has been in the works for awhile?

I can safely say this show has always been and always will be shit.

Cartoon Network CalArts coddling has tied it off from new and actually creative talent so much that it is relying on five year old pilots to get itself off the ground again

Holy fuck I thought they were going with that ugly Calarts style. I'm so happy they scrapped that and got a better more unique (compared to current potatofaces) style.

Looks alright, but the only reason I have to look forward to this show is that Jake Kaufman's composing the score for it.

Looks like something you'd see from the late 00's.

literally who

Composer of Shantae, Contra 4, most of Shovel Knight and a good majority of WayForward's games.

Still pretty bad but that's just the intro. The actual show will probably still suck eggs.

So, DeviantArt-tier trash?

What's the point of not doing CalArts shit if you make it even uglier?

This.
Cartoons nowadays are complete shit, but I'll gladly swallow the kool-aid from the Big Black Cock rather than have those tasteless, insipid, forgettable crap that plagued my early-mid teens again.

You didn't see pic related in action. It had all the stereotypes of a Calarts cartoon like adventure time smiles, off model shit, and very inconsistent hand drawn animation. At least the intro showed some dynamic shots and actions. Like how Steven Universe was magical girl anime, this is shounen anime. It looks fun. Then I realized it's gonna be animated in Flash a la Motorcity.

He's actually pretty good.

Those were just as bad. Definitely not worse as they weren't spreading SJW propaganda to the youth.

Reminder that the nigger behind this is in a relationship with Rebecca Sugar. Expect this show to be pozzed.

Get out.

This picture has a pretty horrible fucking argument. There's plenty of shit flash shows. Some of them in the fucking picture. Expressions do not automatically equal quality.

Good directors = Quality animation.
Everything in modern hand drawn in that image has shit art directors.

fuck off shill

I think it's no coincidence all the shows on the bottom are from CN's Burbank studio…ever since Adventure Time they've been using the same Korean sweatshop studios to make something the target audience could doodle on Tumblr

nice try faggot, but you are not fooling me

Was there really much TV cartoons then besides HB factory cartoons?

Good, that pilot style was awful and generic.

Chuck Jones cartoons, Filmation, (Good) cartoon specials made by canadians, Meme spiderman, Dick Tracy and more. HB was cheap simple.

That was terrible

II'll reserve judgement until the show actually drops. But I'm not nearly as interested in modern cartoons as I used to be.

So far, it has a lot of CalArts hallmarks, but it at least uses them in a different way that doesn't make my eyes bored.

but that artstyle LOOKS cal arts. its even fucking worse

The colors are way over saturated.

At least its hand drawn, this shit is made in flash.

Does it matter considering both are heavily computerized?

One looks like trash while the other one is a polished turd, no not really.

This

The argument wasn't whether the show had bad writing. But regardless there's definetly some more flow and consistency than in modern frame by frame animation. You can chalk it up as another example of the stagnation of animation. Now modern animators have to rely on technology to make consistency unlike the original masters. At the same time I'm really happy the technology has evolved for Flash. But mostly because even without the Calarts face cancer, we didn't have smooth as fuck animation like Wander in older tv animated shows.

This is an edit. The original was advocating how modern cartoon is so much better by just showing some reaction faces, which even showed how bland the Calarts shows are in reacting. The new one seperates the Calarts face from the ones with actual effort.

This looks bad

Indeed

youtube.com/watch?v=W7rhEKTX-sE
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ao3clVneKk
youtube.com/watch?v=ywaT65aXoq8

He doesn't do just chip music though.

Don't get your hopes up just yet. That intro was boarded by a Japanese animator. There's no guarantee the show itself would look like that.

twitter.com/buttsIug/status/839916251807805440

Would explain the jerkyness

i can already tell it'll be shit

Cocksucker will probably quit just before the final boss fight.

another low energy nuhippie shit

I know.

This is almost as bad as Ruby Gloom or the Loud House, plus squidward noses.

There's no excuse for a teaser intro being that fucking choppy.

Why he fuck does the animation look like a fucking new grounds flash?

man krillin used to be badass, and then shit became a powerlevel jerkoff.

Z was a mistake

Do you think they care? Just mash out more trash, who cares about craftsmanship anymore.

i guess some internet cartoonists still care, but as a rule of thumb, if it airs on TV today its mass-produced generic jewish garbage

Cut cutting

That's because they actually like animating. The hipster yuppie fucks that art schools are shitting out just want to be idea men.

He Will Not Divide U s He Will Not Divide Us He Will Not Divide Us He Will Not Divide Us

NITRO ARTILLERY

I've been looking at this image for a good 30 seconds and can't find a single appealing thing in it.

But cartoons cant be waifus because they aren't moe, get a real waifu with your friends at /a/

This is what counts as official art these days.

The change in style to something more chunky and heavy isn't bad, but HOLY FUCKING SHIT, why can't they animate at a better framerate than that?

I watched Tex Avery's entire catalog not too long ago, and I can tell you that Hanna Barbera's trash was never representative of what animators could do at the time.

FIXED

Fuck off CalArts grinning potato meme poster

>>>/tumblr/

Shit the designs got even worse.

Storyboarding, at least the way it's done in Japan, doesn't determine that.

I hate to contribute to the meme but damn that's ugly.

Loud House isn't flash.

Well, that was pretty much everything one would expect out of a modern CN cartoon. Crass, ugly, and full of le epic video game and anime references.

Redwood's playpen is probably salivating over this shit because a nigger off of the SU staff is making it. I can already see the drawthreads, chock full of people asking for the main girl to be ravaged by a turd colored black cock.

It doesn't matter. These lightweight, low-energy cartoons cannot compete with Loud House in the ratings. Sad!

That's great and all but the show still has a SU-esque drawing style.

Loud House is nothing to write home about either.

Take out the LGBT propaganda and it would be the best cartoon airing right now.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Considering the state of cartoons right now….

THIS ISN'T VERY FUCKING HARD

Which makes it sadder.

Would be watchable if it had better art and was animated better.

CALARTS FACE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Who hates their own fans more, Jhonen Vasquez or Ian Jones-Quartey?

IJQ is the kind of man who would fuck you, and as you're about to cum, gets up and runs away, giggling.

LOOK INTO HIS EYES AND TRY TO DENY IT

He looks like he got shoved into lockers and got swirlies everyday in highschool.

Just bring Mucha Lucha! back.

I like this discussion. Makes me laugh.
Keep it up.

He's just a shitposter

It'll only get worse

but there is a lot of LGBT racemixing propaganda in kid's cartoons.

SHE LITERALLY HAS 3 FINGERS

I found out about this show when I watched a particular episode of Steven Universe, "Future Boy Zoltron", months back. I don't know why, but OK KO and Jake Kaufman were mentioned in the credits, what was that about?

A lot of cartoons do

3 FINGERS

Oh the irony

bump

Shit, now I want to know what he said.

Every time I see a picture of him it looks like he's in despair and contemplating suicide.

You wouldn't be if your only romantic option in life is Rebecca Sugar?

I'd marry her and make her death look like an accident

bump

Kill yourself.

1/10 you put no effort into this see me after class.

THAT LOOKS LIKE SHIT

Dubs confirm

This. Literally Incest: The Cartoon
imgur.com/a/ikrgs

so what

So it's morally wrong and leaves a bad taste in my mouth, the same bad taste I get when I think of deformed people/fat people (because it's dysgenic). It's on par with Bella and the Bulldogs and other stuff pushing sexual propaganda.