Why do people act like this is some impeccable depiction of Wolverine that cannot be matched and must be put in a vault?

Why do people act like this is some impeccable depiction of Wolverine that cannot be matched and must be put in a vault?

Its the Harrison Ford Effect and honestly there really isn't an actor that match and would you want more Wolverine movies when there's a obvious chance to halt them for a while?

There are fuckton of guys that look exactly like Jackman. He's generic as fuck.

Name some

Are you for real?
These are just from the top of my head, literally dozens of them. All look the fucking same - burly white dude with a beard.

These people look nothing like Jackman

Kill yourself

No, kill yourself

You should stop watching so much anime, this is ruining your capacity to compute real facial features :^)

Yeah I never saw Jackman being a good Wolverine fit ever. You need someone much more grizzled and much shorter with more hair. Also a FUCKING GODDAMN MASK! Of course it'll look a little silly. They're heroes. Silly looking costumes that can be made to look cool are their forte.

You won't find it. Certainly not in Hollywood
Wolverine's costume is cool though. The Hollywood people seem to have a strong aversion to yellow for some reason

Definitely not.

Yeah I think it's cool too but it can easily look too cheap in live action if it isn't done right. Kikewood just hates colors in general. Unless that color is black or grey.

I believe this was in one of The Wolverine's deleted scenes. The director gives a pretty dumb explanation for why they never want us to see him wear it

Yeah I knew about that "costume". They really should've fucking used it. The biggest problem with the X-men movies is that the people working on them hate comic books. So they don't embrace any of it. It took till fucking Apocalypse for Singer to give the X-men somewhat comic like costumes. But they're all fucking dead in the future of Logan. So at best we'll see them in costume just one more time.

It's not that nobody can replace Jackman, it's just that Logan's become something of a distraction in films that should be ensemble set pieces. And more Sniktbub films aren't going to help Fox extend the franchise's shelf life.

I was gonna say Deadpool would but that's only gonna extend the Deadpool franchise. Dunno how long Reynolds will wanna do it for though. Fox is just barely struggling ahead of DC in terms of having a successful cinematic universe. Marvel's way ahead of them but may start losing steam as everyone gets fed up with their shit.

Its the only things thats making him relevant

is it weird that i always saw reynolds as deadpool

True. But they can't ride the coattails of one character for more than 3 or 4 movies.

Can they…?

I wish he was in more movies. Seriously, he was fun to watch. Would like to see him as Kraven the Hunter.

I wished they used that costume.

I don't know of anyone that thinks Jackman is an "impeccable" depiction of Wolverine. But remember, Hugh Jackman has given a solid rendition of Wolverine for the past 17 years. It was never a perfect or amazing version, but he WAS pretty good. For 2 decades people have imagined ugh Jackman when thinking of Wolverine. It's going to take time before people will really accept another person in the role.

These men look nothing like him
Get your eyes checked

Already responded to you

it's impossible to properly cast wolverine because no man could ever be both 4'11' and respectable

Wolverine's 5'3. I think he's been as much as 5'6 more recently

He'd be a shit Kraven the Hunter. For one, he's not Russian

whatever, all manlets might as well be the same height

Are you a nigger?

Yeah but there's a difference between merely being a manlet and being a midget too

Pffft, not even. Maybe the casual audience does but the only true Wolverine has been from multiple animated renditions with Steve Blum doing the voice.

Nigga, what? Everyone knows the best Wolverine is Scott McNeil

Close runner up.

Glenn Danzig best Wolverine lol.

Confirmed for autism. Face blindness is the tell.

Close runner up my ass. McNeil was way better than Steve 'I do every role the same and I'm in everything' Blum

The user isn't saying "oh my god they look exactly like hugh jackman are we sure they aren't twins", he's saying they all pass the criteria for playing the part of wolverine. Considering that criteria is pretty much just "be a burly white guy".

Real criteria:

Of course, in modern Hollywood this is all far too much to ask.

>These are just from the top of my head, literally dozens of them. All look the fucking same - burly white dude with a beard.
You're as autistic as he is

Not being able to grasp hyperbole is a mark of autism user.

>>There are fuckton of guys that look exactly like Jackman. He's generic as fuck.
Not being able to read is a sign of genuine retardation, user

Rinse and repeat user.

Sounds like somebody's deflecting because they got called retarded by several people

More like you've run out of arguments and are resorting to accusing people of samefagging.

Consider the wisdom already said by in assuming only one person on a thread could possibly think you're being retarded.

Nice try samefag

It's obviously you though

But it isn't.

And not only that, but both me, and that other user know we aren't the same person. All you're doing by throwing that accusation around is make yourselves look like massive idiots in front of the very people you're trying to insult. Fucking why? Don't you realise how stupid this makes you look?

Seriously, does anyone know why Jackman looks sick and pale throughout the whole movie?

I think he looks fine

Jackman always comes across as confused in every role as Wolverine that I've seen him in.

Indeed. Sure, Blum may be good at a haggard, world-weary voice, but McNeil is the epitome of savagery, he can voice any berserker character and it would fit.

tom Hardy doesn't seem to bad

Well, Wolverine is a pretty confused guy.

Why the fuck is Wolverine's Revenge so underrated?

Because it was shit? Even Mark Hamill's kids say so.

Shit. That almost suits me, 5'11", covered in hair, strong beard genetics, balding slightly but my hair grows towards the back of my head so it'd be easy to style. Should I try and become the next Wolverine?

the fuck

Yes. Go hit the gym.

Hamill did an interview where he was talking about voice acting for games and he mentioned the X-Men game. He asked his children what they thought of the game and they were sort of like 'Er, you were good Dad'.

Top Cunny Thread, I guess.

God I loved him in X men Evolution.

10/10 will watch

well his kids have shit taste then

Most likely, the reason is that each movie was written by one singular person, it's one person's vision of the character, as opposed to the comics where it's 800 different people's muddled interpretations and revisions and retcons and retcons of retcons.

Also because the movies lean towards the "good" side of quality on average with a singular exception that was still entertaining as dumb shit, while the comics have been consistently really stupid over multiple decades with extremely rare exceptions.

Compared to DC's current output, this is the Citizen Kane of capeflicks.

You're funny. Screenplays are rarely the sole work of one person, as they're often revised by uncredited script doctors before and during production. Movies are no different than comics are when it comes to the problems of too many cooks in the kitchen.

not really

X-Men Origins: Wolverine alone was written by three separate people, including the guy who produces Game of Thrones which tells you a lot about his writing ability