Scientists 1:You know what regenerates so fast that it is virtually indestructible and immortal?

Scientists 1:You know what regenerates so fast that it is virtually indestructible and immortal?

Scientists 2: Deadpool?

Scientist 1: That too, but this one regenerates faster

Scientist 2: The Hulk!

Scientist 1: You know what would be a great idea? Lets pump The Hulk full of adamantium so he is double indestructible!

Seriously? This is the kind of thing that looks awesome at first glance. But falls flat as soon as you think of it. The hulk can already break the world in half by walking. What benefits does he earn by having wolverine claws? None! Unless… unless… they're going to mind—

God Dammit, if they pull another "Uncanny Avengers #17" I'm going to go to marvel and shoot somebody in the dick. I don't know who yet, but someone.

Maybe bendis.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/axelalonsomarv/status/835174115912863745
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is just fanart. Right?

Does this answers your question?

twitter.com/axelalonsomarv/status/835174115912863745

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I suppose against another Hulk or Hulk-class opponent they might come in hand. Or maybe not, in which case he can just keep them retracted.
Worst case scenario: a lot of money was wasted, which happens all the time in weapons development, and at the point where we start getting upset at wasted fictional money is when we've crossed the threshold of critical autism.

If this doesn't turn out to be "Weapon Plus Resurrecting Hulk's bannerless body to mind control him" Lets not fool ourselves, thats what it is going to be (or the same but a clone), the worst thing that can happen, is that this will actually limit banner to his hulk form. Since his skeleton wouldn't be able to go back to normal size, now that its all infused with adamantium

which is weird, since the adamantium in wolverine's bones changed its composition after being exposed to wolverine's healing factor. Allowing it to bend, reshape and regenerate.

Aparently that happens after adamantium is inserted into anyone with a healing factor. And Hulk's healing factor puts wolverine's and deadpool's to shame.

Maybe they're trying to bring back Logan AGAIN and make him a Hulk this time. Either one sounds extremely stupid. If it's bringing back Hulk with or without Banner then it's gonna end in disaster. The whole idea is a disaster itself.

I don't care, as long as it replaces "Hulk", the hulkless serie based around she-hulk being stressed

Then I hope you're ready for pointless fights with Wolvie Hulk and Chulk.

Didn't they already do this in Marvel Boy with the Bannermen? They were like composite Hulk/Wolverine/Captain America types.

I love you guys

So, they depowered him for stupid reasons, killed him for stupid reasons and now they are bringing him back as some unholy mixture when Hulk could already bend adamantium if he was upset enouth?

I just want gentle but intelligent Banner to be back, maybe with him and the Hulk in peace and maybe spend some quality time with his child and get back with Betty.

See that's what you'd get if it were a well written series that wasn't just a cheap product by Marvel meant to never die. To continue going on forever and ever as a soulless product. Only going away to come back with "shocking" plot device of sorts to excuse it. Any hopes of getting a well written and down to earth comic that will stay that way from the big two is a fruitless effort.

You mean like at the end of Heart Of The Monster?

In there, he was at peace with the fact that he and the hulk were one in the same. He left his some to lord over the savage land (in his own, horrible mini series) and in this page. Jumped into the horizon with betty, to start the closest thing to a happy life that a couple of hulks can have.

To me heart of the monster is where the hulk's story ends. There is nothing after that.

And the thing is. The one run that came after, also left him at peace and happy with the hulk. The one after that was the one that fucked everything up. And the one he have now. Is Pak… screwing up the series he was a master of? HOW?

Garbage, come back when they take into account he can have infinite strength gain based on how mad he is meaning, if they permanently grafted an anger generating device into him and structures to stop his brain from exploding, he could effectively turn into a Great Old one OF VAST /fit/ GAINZ

I just want Banner and Hulk to be happy, but they just keep bullying him, making them look like monsters, 'deconstruct' them and basically shit of them because they are 'mad scientists'.

Hulk is the best hero and he was shat on by both the stupid citizens of the marvel universe and edgy try hard artists trying to 'deconstruct' him.

How much do you want to be that as soon the first arc is over, the Hulk will get rollay pissed off and his ultra healing factor will kick in and push
the adamantium out through his skin

→>804390

Pak was one the deffinitive hulk writers, how did he get this bad? I blame bendis and civil war 2. He obviously had a plan for powerless banner.

He was going to be a supporting character to Cho's hulk. I read that run from the begining with an open mind because I read Pak's run on turok just before and it was great! I trusted pak. And after a couple of crappy looking issues, it revealed itself! Cho had his own set of problems. He had his past, obviously not as violent as banner's. And then was banner. For the second time Pak depowered him. And i kept reading. Because the first time pak did it, it was awesome.

It showed that banner had the biggest balls in the marvel universe, and that even depowered he was as dangerous as the hulk, because he IS one of marvel's 7 smartest characters (cho is the 8th).

This time he was going to be the wise master to another young hulkling. But then came Bendis and the Editorial staff to piss in everyone's cereal. Bendis killed banner, and thanks to the editorial staff. Cho's Hulk is playing basketball with "celebrities", forming a team of asians, and checking everyone's privileges in "champions"

And his arc? Dropped like a hot potato

Seriously. Go back and read Heart of the monster. Hell, read Fall of the hulks before that. It comes as a really satisfying ending after all that trouble.

It will make you happy. You'll just have to pretend that there weren't any other hulk comics published after that.

user get it together

Ok, back from reading Hearth of the Monster and it sure has a satisfying ending.

As you said I'll pretend that is the last thing related to the Hulk.

No it doesnt

I was half drunk and falling sleep

Couldn't you just give him an adamantium sword and he would be just as effective? Just give some sort of security feature so that only the Hulk can touch it without getting hurt.

That last part may sound retarded but Ahab from X-Men:Days of Future Past has "anti mutant" harpoons that would hurt any mutant touching them, so apply something similar for the "non Hulks."

Or maybe something only someone with the healing factor of the hulp could hold without losing his hand.

Pfff. They could make it so it hurts the hulk too, and keeps him angry.

You know. Just right now I remembered that Banner has multiple personalities, and that most are savage, and he can't be mind controlled because of that.

Then maybe something irradiating Gamma radiation that could give angry cancers to anyone but the Hulk?

All hulks absorbs gamma radiation. It makes them stronger and heal faster.

Well, we were talking about something only hulks could use, right? Besides, isn't Cho the last hulk?

Fuck whoever wrote the Omega Run arc. Fuck them all to hell and back.

and no. Red Hulk is back in the shitshow that is USAvengers. Kind of.

joke's on you, nobody at marvel has a dick.

Oddly enough, the Ang Lee Hulk movie got the origin the closest to comic book accurate.

Bruce Banner's Father did some weird science shit on Bruce which ended up giving him the genetic quirk to absorb Gamma Radiation.

I still can't be the only person that wants to shoot Bendis

Some writer in the 80s said that he was a mutant with the power to absorb gamma

Can't remember who was who said it, but i know somebody said it.

I also liked the whole psychological angle they brought in with the Hulk.

Explored in the comics too. Banner has a very holywood-esque case of multiple personality disorder. Banner, Hulk, Joe Fix-It, The Professor and The Maestro are just some of them. He has many more fighting inside him.

lots of reasons to drink these days

Shoot Bendis? You'd do that?

NM, looks like Marvel Boy was out of continuity, despite deliberately using Dum Dum instead of Fury because he was dead at the time. So I guess it was written to be Earth 616 then edited out of continuity.

**I like the incredible hulk: the end.
it's not that I don't feel the hulk deserves a happy end, I just know by his very nature this is the best of what could happen.**
no one left to hurt and no one to hurt hulk

That's one of the most depressing things I've ever read in a comic book.

Fuck you for making me read this again.

And you haven't read the part where he kills himself.

right, but I just can't see a different end for him

The entire comic is depressing. Just banner on his own with the hulk. Everyone is dead, he can't die, he just wanders the earth alone, thinking about how much he misses everyone

you have no soul

and yet.. every single thing about this is more enjoyable than anything written by the current crop of kool-aid poisoned hipsters.

no, I'm not a monster, I just understand the score.
The hulk at the end of the day either be alone or a tyrant.
it is the nature of his being

That would make the hulk's human form would be harder to kill, not sure that would be reason enough to do it though.

This reminds me of something

They are injecting the adamantium in his hulk form. Banner only has a healing factor when hulked out. So going reversing to banner would actually kill him, since one, adamantium is solid and his skeleton wouldn't shrink.

And also. The only reason Wolverine, X-23 (fuck you thats her real name), Daken and Sabertooth don't die of metalic poisoning, is because their healing factor prevents them from doing so.

End of Planet Hulk was him losing his kingdom and the woman he loved though. Not exactly happy. Now the What If version where he lands on a peaceful planet and becomes it's guardian is comfy as fuck.

I like to think that the actual ending of Planet Hulk is the one on the animated version. Where that fucking bug decides not to be a bitch

But you're right about the what if. So much that here it is in its entirety

If only.

It amazes me. It really shows how unfairly the hulk is treated when receiving justice like this, satisfies me almost as much as the second half of this issue

Now, onto the comfy one

And that is the best ending the hulk will ever meet.

I thought Wolverine's healing factor is actually weakened by the adamantium, since it constantly has to counteract the poisonous properties.

But this is comic books, where the writers pretend to be obsessed with continuity until they see something shiny and come up with some more dumb shit.

I'm reminded of the time I theorised giving Godzilla an adamantium skeleton.

Hell, Hulk is basically a mini-Godzilla.

That was comfy fam.

Just out of curiosity is there any comic where Godzilla fights the Hulk?

in this comment i basically said that

Sort of.

Thanks fam.

This art is too good to be from the publishing side of things. This is likely production art for the Square-Enix videogame.

hulk doesn't deserve happiness, It warms my heart to think thunderbolt ross happy with his family now that hulk is stuck in the hell he deserves

bump

Why are you speaking in third person?

In the internet, nobody knows if you're Thunderbolt Ross

When the Hulk turns back normal though, wouldn't Bruce Wayne gets eviscerated by his new bones?

Unless the Hulk figures out how to travel between universes on his own, Bruce Wayne is fine.

Bruce Wayne would make a great Hulk.
BATMAN SMASH PUNY CLOWN!

Seeing how he always blacks out when he turns back, i theorize that his body spends a ton of energy dissolving everything and bushing it out of the body.

Probably through sweat

I meant Banner, pardon.

Shit would make me laugh. Batman vs Superman would be much more equal thats for sure.

If batman had superpowers, he would bullshit his way into turning them into cosmic powers… or just be a giant asshole and get blinded by his own powers and needed to be bitchslaped back to human by a human clark kent.

Wait, no, that already happened.

I like Batman, but it always pleases me when he gets powers and Superman still puts him in the dirt.

Thanks user, that was pretty good. Are all the what ifs this good?

There are a bunch of stinkers. But most are either epic, charming or hilarious.

Did you already read the Golden Oldie one?

Some are depressing tho.

this will end well

What's with Marvel always loving Violence? I just realised how much they love to butcher and maim when their comfy stuff is so much better.

Im all for punch outs but they seem to revel in misery pain and destruction.

Jesus, that lady is one of the biggest Mary Sues I've seem.
I understand the Avengers/Illuminati can be assholes, but in this ladies head, doom a whole civilization because of the mistake of a few is justified?
By the way, how would she just win like that? There would be plenty of people in the planet that could put her down.
But since it is just a "what if…" people don't really care.
When seeing her, I think she was the biggest inspiration for Grail. Another gigantic "Mary Sue." Both really look alike.
>Both are gray and have similar hair cuts
>Both came from a warrior race.
>Devoted to one male.
>Can only be stopped by relatives.
>Both stay with the males they love in the end, alone.

Nothing you described is mary sue, she's not perplexingly loved by everyone etc.

user, while Tv Tropes is truly not a good source, it is one of the few we have.
What it say is:

So, how exactly both girls don't fit that description?

How would any woman survive his giant dong?

See absorbed the power of an entire planet, whatever that means

Well, her mother was a literal Amazonian Spec Ops, and managed to get into DS pants in order to create the most powerful weapon against him:
Child Support.
I mean, a child.
And her mother had a Gryphon. That's better than WW already.

Well that's cool
Still seems like he'd rip her in half or something. He's a big guy

How about wikipedia?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue

She's not idealized, she's not perfect, she's just strong maybe the loving her husband thing is ronery author wish fulfillment but it's hard to see any author having the hulk as their stand-in.

Well, big guys might not be all big… And since she is an amazonm she probably can probably fuck an elephant and still have a walk in the park of 50 km. Those girls are sturdy. Perfect for big guys.
Maybe even for you.

Both sources suck, but let's see.
Both fit.
Grail fits this better than Caiera. Grail manage to defeat and control both Darkseid and his weapon, and, in the end, seems to be redeemed. Caiera is doing what she thinks Hulk would like to do. And is avenging her people, so, maybe.
To me, both work as wish-fulfillment. Both ladies enter in the stories and wreck wreck classic characters. Famous ones. They became the most powerful beings in their stories. So, this is kind of what authors do when they create those fanfics: Characters that will beat everyone like no one ever did before.

Man, Marvels sure like writing "One character kills the Marvel Universe" what ifs…they tend to be very stupid and dull.

Either heroes carry the idiot ball or the attacker gets ubered.

Which they should stop. Comfy silly stories are the best.

For you.

too bad they executed it so poorly in the movies

Eh

that was great

N-no I'm not, I'm just happy for that great man, he can live in peace now that she won't be hurt by that monster.

Hey Reddit

But I don't think you're supposed to root for Caiera (except for beating the crap out of the Illuminati). It's a tragic story. No rational human being would see enslaving heroes that had nothing to do with the Hulk's exile as justified. Improbable skill and power are warning signs if the story has avenues to develop a character and does not take them. In the case of this what-if, it is severely limited by the page-count, so I forgive it for cutting to chase and making combat a curb stomp.

Still better. Might get a fight scene within the first 3 issues.

Bendis? The comic book guy? That Bendis?

Yeah, right in the dick.

oh god

In the dick?

Impossible, any type of injection is impossible with hulk's psyche and how his powers work
he wouldn't be able to push them out of his knuckles, and wolverine was born with that shit, so putting that into hulk would be a bigger disaster than giving him a flu shot.

So guys, we have info.

How bad does "Totally awesome" has to be that even knowing that the guy in the picture is supposed to be Cho made me stop caring about this?

Like really i'm not even angry, i just don't care anymore.

I mean I would, but I doubt he even has a dick anymore. Have you read Infamous Iron Man?

They keep digging deeper into places that I didn't know could get any deeper.

Oh boy. Chulk fighting Zombie Wolverine Hulk while every other character relating to Wolverine probably does the most heavy lifting. Also where's X-23? I don't like her either but she makes sense to be there.

Wolverine always had his bone claws and the ability to retract them along with his regeneration. The regeneration allowed him to survive the adamantium grafting, but it wasn't so strong as to prevent the adamantium from being applied. Hulk's regeneration is much stronger than Wolverines and there's no way they could graft the adamantium before the Hulk healed and that's already assuming they have the ability to successfully perform such an operation on the Hulk.

The Hulk would be far more dangerous if they just gave him a giant adamantium hammer that he could swing around. Tiny little claws are retarded for the Hulk and a giant adamantium axe would be far more useful to him.

Isn't Cho a really weak Hulk? The claws might be more useful for him than Banner Hulk.

What where they thinking?

Seeing the storytimes for Planet Hulk's What Ifs and the reccs for Heart of the Monster, what other arcs or runs would they recc for seone wanting to read the best of Hulk?

I would guess the Peter David run. And there's Hulk The End if you want something depressing.

This will end well