github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/35
tails.boum.org/donate/
gnu.org/proprietary/proprietary-surveillance.en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here's the video.

youtube.com/watch?v=KPgyTzqDJhM

Catholic whore.

This is fucked up.

I feel like this might be a better fit for Holla Forums.

someone at Google is having a really fucking good day.

This is clearly Holla Forums related as it directly affects Mozilla and Firefox.

It is also Holla Forums related since it involves FUCKING Antifa.

They gave money to riseup, an email company.
The Mozilla Foundation also gave money to other Open Source projects because that's what they do.
To claim "Mozilla gave money to ANTIFA" is as stupid as saying "GoDaddy is nazi because they host Daily Stormer."

Who does rise up support? It is awfully fucking convenient to want to separate the software from the politics when it runs this way.

If Mozilla is supporting this shit, even indirectly, fuck them. I'm moving to Qupzilla.

Install Waterfox

RiseUp doesn't support anything. It's an open source, privacy-focused email, XMPP and VPN provider that has existed since 1999.
You could compare them to OpenNIC or Cock.li in the way they function.
You're acting just like the retards that refuse to use Tor or whatever because "they don't actively go against nazis, so they're supporting them."

Faggot, it's called RISE UP. Get a clue for fucks sake.

This shit has been going on WELL longer than the Dreamcast's birth year.

lmfao all I can think is it's one hell of a honeypot

Oh, so antifa has existed since 1999? Good to know.

Have you taken a peek at their twitter, user?

They've been around A LOT longer than that.

News at 11

u wot
Antifa has been around for nearly a century.

This is the first time I heard of them. So I looked it up. It's more than disingenuous to say they don't support anything, while they don't outright say HEY GUISE WE'RE ANTIFA. It takes some thick blinders on to not see they clearly do hold an agenda with the usual symbols and buzzwords found with leftist anarchists crowds.

riseup.net/en/about-us/politics
riseup.net/en

... so post it there too.

This is good though, we now know not to hire anyone with a @riseup address.

Is waterfox good? is it the best? I want to change browsers and I don't like brave help me Holla Forumspriests

Color me surprised.

It's normal. All it says is that they closed some nazi accounts (which is something literally everyone except, perhaps, cock.li is doing.)

Yes, I've never said they're not commie/anarchists.
What you gotta understand is that commies/anarchist in late 1990's are very different from the ones today, especially in the US.
To say "they're literally antifa because they have similar political alignment" is to say "every conservative is kkk."

Waterfox is Firefox with some bullshit you don't want removed. It's maintained by a completely separate group and has no affiliation to Mozilla.

Huh.. Qupzilla actually isn't half bad.

never change

I've had it with Mozilla.
Switching to Palemoon unless someone has a better suggestion.

Someone tell furfags about it, I want to watch a full on nazifur explosion on Holla Forums. I might even actually go buy popcorn.

Try again charlie, I actually did live through the 1990s and no, they're not that different from today, back then they still have the usual storewindows smasher elements, and the same type of college commie whiners.
Except the latter is actually pushed by MSM, leftist academia and HR-PR fucks as well as their social media beta orbiters.

The Mozilla Foundation is a non-profit.

that sounds good. thank you! polite sage

Riseup and grow a spine.

Even non-profits need to turn a profit. It's the nature of business.

Eeeh, the antifa connection isn't very strong. Though Rise Up does seem to be a radical left organization which aligns somewhat closely with them.
I think it's more of an issue of Mozilla supporting leftwing / radical leftwing organizations. I'm pretty sure Rise Up didn't even need the money and are essentially just pocketing it. I couldn't possibly see the total server costs being over $1k a month.

Tell that to RiseUp, they're the stupid commies.

Is Tyson Tan trying to make a mascot for every FOSS project or what?

I still don't know why Mozilla being a shitty organization is the straw that breaks the camel's back for people. I've never given them a dime and I will continue not to, but that doesn't mean their browser is automatically a pile of shit. There's plenty of technical reasons to be fed up with them.

Maybe if you compare it to vanilla Firefox, but nobody uses Firefox for its vanilla performance or features. Just like the rest of the browsers, it's short on critical features.

This is what grinds my gears. Everybody got worked up when the Cock.li guy got into trouble because he posted a Hitler did nothing wrong satirical video on the page or when some retard used a Cock.li email to send fake bomb threats, but now if antifa uses an email service, that email service becomes antifa itself. Bullshit.

That could change if more people started using it... I mean, FF is about to break most extensions anyway.

At a minimum RISEUP is Antifa friendly. That's still pretty fucking bad.

Commies aren't the smartest people.

Again, have you seen the shit they've been putting out about Antifa themselves?

Mozilla gives $100k to RiseUp, an email service used by them. It is not the same thing.

No. Their website and Twitter account has no mention of them.
Unless I missed something, looks like yet another "corporations are bad use our service" kinda startup.

Oh, so the same mozilla that pushed out their CEO for "problematic" personal politics and donations? Imagine that. Leftist regressive authoritarians being hypocritical assholes. Not even surprising at this point.

Let me get this straight: they're not anti-fascists because they act against fascists?
And yet they never get sued into oblivion over refusing service. An email provider deletes someone's email, possibly causing a huge amount of inconvenience? No biggie, he was literally Hitler. Baker doesn't want to bake a dick cake for faggots on religious grounds? That'll be 130k shekels, goy. Do you commies not realize that you're allowed to refuse service but natsocs aren't because the man considers you not a threat but a useful tool?

Riseup's cybersecurity infodumps are quite decent, and they are supposed to run Tor nodes, I believe. Seal of approval.jpg at least in that regard.
I tried to signup for rheir openVPN/mail account, but they're asking for invite (supposedly because of spammers).
There's some other VPN account you can get without an invite, but you need to install some "bitmask" vpn client or whatisit.
Also, there're rumors, they snitched on their users to the FBI at least once.

What I don't understand is why a non-profit like Mozilla is throwing money around, instead of spending it on the development?
I wouldn't worry about antifa per-se, but it does smell like a money laundering scheme to me.

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/05/faq-on-ceo-resignation/
Oh, the Soros thing is also fake. Two completely different things, Mozilla will only make a campaign so stupid people don't believe everything they read online.

Shit bait fam.

"Voluntarily submitted his resignation" is what companies do when they don't want to pay you for firing with no legally justifiable reason.

Because the Mozilla Foundation is much, much more than just Firefox. They develop other projects like the Mozilla Location Service, a libre alternative to the Google and Apple location services that is used by the GNOME and KDE projects. They're also developing a libre speech recognition system to rival Siri, Cortana and Assistant. So far Mycroft is the only system using it.
Video chats, blogs and file/screenshot sharing are some of the other things they tried. Recently they also bought Pocket and part of a German search engine.
They also have a lot of developer tools for web devs including programs, tutorials, etc.
They even pushed for some new standard online such as animated PNG and jpeg2000.
MOSS is a program to support and give money to other open source projects. Rise Up wasn't the only benefited this time (though they did receive the most money.)

Kill yourself.

Yes, because workers don't have rights or something.
Eich's take on the story aligns with what Mozilla said, and Mozilla's blog post denounces media and even claim that they don't care about fag marriage; but sure, keep spouting lies and buzzwords.

I really can't wrap my head around this non-profit venture funding business model.

Me neither. They do all this things, but then refuse to update Thunderbird and Seamonkey because they don't have enough money or something.

Their logo is an AnCom flag for God's sake. Of course they're Antifa commies.

Being a communist in 1999 doesn't equate with being antifa. The only thing that makes you antifa... Is being antifa.
So unless you can find any proof that these guys actively support antifa, or that they're actually antifa, then you've proved nothing.

I hope they do more shit that pisses off Holla Forumsyp autists

99% of people posting in this thread are retards.

God, I don't come to Holla Forums to have the political opinions of manlet.

It's the "being an intel front getting your funding from the tax serfs via the deep state" model. Very sustainable and with lots of leeway regarding your projects.

they need REVENUE, not necessarily profits.

(checked reddit spacing)
I was going to give you props, then realized you're a faggot as the rest.

It's been around since at least the early 1900s, you dip.

>don't use designated functional shitting language (((Rust)))
Feels good

(((Bryan Lunduke)))

Oh did Cock.li get $100k from Mozilla?

How is Waterfox any better than IceCat? I mean, what it brings to the table?

Holla Forums absolutely hates Antifa

Riseup has done more for helping protect people's freedoms online than any of you, and definitely moreso than fucking Lunduke.

They should give it to infinity. :^) riseup is used by next to nobody.

This.

I'm not Jewish or a communist. Why should I care?

Holy fuck! That was the straw that broke the camel's back to me.

Switch to icecat or palememe

Can someone redpill me on Qupzilla? Do they have political affiliations? What reason shouldn't I use this?

typical rightist retard

lmao

black pots

Ok faggos...so what's the best browser to use right now?
Which browser respects your privacy, freedoms, and also supports all the modern web standards?

curl

I fucking hope so. I'm waiting for the furry mascot harem. :^)

[email protected]-D3H-B3:~$ sudo apt purge firefox[sudo] password for adrint: Reading package lists... DoneBuilding dependency tree Reading state information... DoneStarting pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 0Starting 2 pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 0DoneThe following packages will be REMOVED: firefox*0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.After this operation, 172 MB disk space will be freed.Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y(Reading database ... 269861 files and directories currently installed.)Removing firefox (56.0+build6-0ubuntu0.16.04.2) ...Purging configuration files for firefox (56.0+build6-0ubuntu0.16.04.2) ...Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.22-1ubuntu5.1) ...Processing triggers for mime-support (3.59ubuntu1) ...Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.5-1) ...[email protected]-D3H-B3:~$

sure thing, kiddo

If you're the Adrint I think you are you never get on XMPP anymore.

While I'm not an anarchist, I'm definitely on the left, and I don't know any leftist that seeks to overthrow capitalism while somehow existing outside of it. If that could be done, they wouldn't need to overthrow it. Don't be retarded. /politics

Opinion discarded.

+1 Counter-Sage Bump

Congratulations on outing yourself, reddit.

Xombrero is my current browser of choice. Has tabs but basically nothing else. Follows the Unix philosophy very well.

What is it with spics and communism?

Riseup isn't like cock.li at all. Cock.li lets anybody register for an account. Riseup requires you to have an invite code to get one, with the original invite codes having been seeded to people that they specifically approved because they were involved in leftist activism. It's explicitly ideological about who can use their services. (Not to mention that their TOS says they can terminate your account for doing anything that they deem "evil", and we know how much shit leftists deem evil nowadays.)

xombero is abandoned you LARPing mongoloid

American minority management.

Trash threads belong on trash boards.

You know what we should do? We should shame mozilla into oblivion, they fired Brendan because he supported a point of view deemed problematic, they fired him because his personal associations and how he used his own money. Bredan didn't use mozilla's money to support anti gay marriage, but now we have mozilla supporting a terrorist group. Call mozilla on its own hypocrisy and support of political violence. Leftists don't have a problem shaming people they disagree with, why should we? Find the developers associations and shame them, shame them for supporting censorship and violence.

Been on Opera for so long, dodged these bullets 2 years ago,
Cultural Revolution Comrades!

What the hell? I skipped through the first minutes and it's all just adds. What the hell is wrong with this shit?

Not a browser. Use wget.

Shame is a tool leftists use to silence people who have it.

This is the future you chose by spreading adblockers.

This didn't happen, he stepped out himself because there was so much bad PR and people started sabotaging Mozilla.
This didn't happen either, MOSS gave money to several open source projects including a "descentralized" email/VPN/XMPP provider that some antifa members, as well as some WikiLeaks members, have used.

I'm not sure what you're not understanding about the fact that Riseup is not an open platform.

lol

He's gotten a lot better than he used to be, to be fair.

I use palememe, but I know some are turned off from it after the AdNauseum thing. Brave is pretty good if you turn off all ads, though personally I'm waiting for more extension support for things like uMatrix. Most people shitting on Brave haven't actually read the site and just saw "replaces ads with its own ads." There's plenty of reasons not to use it right now, but it's not a bad option. A lot of folks also swear by IceCat; however, I don't have a lot of experience with it, so I can't help too much there.

The most incriminating things for RiseUp are the ToS and the invite-only aspects. That is what makes it shady.

You nignogs, Debian has members from RiseUp that work on Debian.

Source:
riseup.net/en/about-us/projects
archive.fo/rM9o8

They also share the same building/adres with the TOR Projects:

Source:
riseup.net/en/about-us/contact
archive.fo/wHJof

No wonder why (((Soros))) invested a lot in Mozilla as he uses Mozilla as a proxy to donate money to salt-left projects such as these.

Also reminder that systemd is made by the US Gov't. Have fun.

Antifa is exactly what leftypol want you numb nut.

Some ad network codenamed MOSSAD, used to hide money laundering activities.

Lynx/Links/w3m tbh fam

I hated Lunduke for fucking around with RMS via clickbait jornalism back at LAS.
I liked Lunduke for the W3C thing.
Now we're back at clickbait jornalism and hate.

Welp, time to install two copies of firefox on my computer

Holla Forums really likes fighting strawmen it seems. Holla Forums thinks Antifa is a disaster made up of neoliberal faggots and retarded anarchists. How do I know? I asked them. Instead of spewing lies, go ask them yourself.

An even better way of finding out is by using the search feature.
8ch.net/search.php?search=antifa&board=leftypol
Seems like some posters think they're benign, many more posters think they're shit, and everyone agrees they're retarded.

What Holla Forums imagines antifa are is what Holla Forumss imaginary version of leftypol want. Neither are reality. Theres occasional posters who think they're great and people typically shit on them for it and it derails the thread.
it wouldnt be right to say "retarded anarchists", authoritarian posters there would think so, but anarchist posters would more say they're retarded liberal pseudos.
basically right though.

Holla Forums are basically guys we talk to everyday in here, who think and act just like us in 95% of questions, hate the world we live in as much as we do, except they see capitalism in essence as the problem and not capitalism as delivered by the jews, it's simple as that.
While Antifa is simply and literally reddit.
Just do the math.

Holla Forums are basically the same fags we talk to everyday on all other boards, who think and act just like us in 95% of questions, hate the world we live in as much as we do, except they see capitalism in essence as the problem and not capitalism as delivered by the jews, it's simple as that.
While Antifa is simply and literally reddit.
Just do the math.

kys antifa

This. I have just as much, if not more, in common with my Holla Forums friend than non-channer friends who are much closer to my political views.

Capalism delivered by Jews IS the problem you fucking mongoloid.

Thank you, user. You made me realize that there is indeed virtually no difference between sjw and Holla Forums commie scum.

That's exactly the problem here, ya?
Riseup ```is``` random creepy group of people who use Tor.
At least other donations will result in some webshit being developed, but all riseup's cash-sensitive infrastructure is behind closed doors, and inaccessible to general public.

More appropriate hypothetical headline would be

Real tired of this shit. The "same fags we talk to everyday on all other boards" is why 99% of everything ever posted here is crap. You, Holla Forums and Holla Forums, are all both shit and have to go back.

If Mozilla actually literally gave money to antifa (which doesn't make sense, because antifa is not a real organization, but let's ignore that for the moment) I might have a problem with it. Politics are not completely irrelevant. But at most, Riseup just happens to allow antifa to use their services, like cock.li and Holla Forums would.

You need to be invited by anyone who has been a member for at least a short while. It's not that closed up.
And they provide other services that you don't need to register for. I used their Etherpad service a few years ago. Their (temporary) file upload seems fine.

I had a revelation after posting this:
I actually don't want more webshit.

Mozilla should give all it's money to internet revolutionary LARPers who will spend it on hosting their super secret chats and weed.
That way we won't get another WebGl game engine or framework for web assembly integration or whatever else they donated to, and world be in a better place.

There's a huge difference.

Nazis would send you to a concentration camp (that they didn't even invent and had to borrow from the commies) for being a weeb degenerate, for example. They'd either gas you in there, starve to death or perform medical experiments.
Otherwise you'd spend day after day in a grey, featureless hive-like factory of a city being a pointless, easily replaceable cog, constantly under surveillance and scrutiny. Always afraid to do or say something wrong lest you are branded a traitor, a degenerate, a spy and so forth, in which case GOTO death_camp.

Commies, on the other hand, would turn the entire country into a shithole comparable to a second-world prison and make your life so miserable that you'd want to kill yourself anyway. And if you do something they really hate only then they'd send you to a concentration camp and force you to work until you die.
Otherwise it's the same as in the nazi scenario.

Isn't socialism a great concept?

This, 100%. Because taking huge dicks in the butt until you can not move let alone walk without gushing blood violently, that's not actually bad. It's just that when I don't like or choose who is doing the fucking then it's rape.

Where's the right-wing equivalent of Mozilla? That's right, there isn't one.
Maybe it's time to admit you're on the wrong side of history.

By your measure, the real winner here, and the one we should be siding with, is Google. Good job sucking that corporate cock and collaborating with the dystopian capitalist future they're building. You must really love them sheckels, boy!

It was Mozilla before the kikes made a power play.

this is what happens when we let reddit go on side by side with us
We once ruled the internet with our might, wtf happened?

[citat-
DO I EVEN NEED TO DO THIS?

ौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौ
ौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौौ

(((Bryan Lunduke)))

this desu

It's recently gone through some major changes (uses KDE and Chrom* assets), and isn't known to be especially secure. I don't know about ideological baggage, but the technical side is definitely worth a mention.

I've been using this service as my email provider for like 4-5 years. Convince me that I should stop using it as they have been doing great and I'm no where near a communist.

There is nothing wrong with it, it is even recommended by the FSF. I've been looking to get an an account there since openmailbox went botnet, could I please get an invite?

[email protected]

More like

Fuck riseup. Absolutely fuck riseup.

First off I used to volunteer my time helping riseup back in the 2000's when there weren't many services like it (yes, I was one of those autistic "riseup birds"). However after it became apparent that they were more interested in circle jerking with telecomix and playing fringe politics, I left.

There are a few very important things you need to know about riseup. To begin with, they don't give a shit about your privacy. I won't name any names, but back in 2011 there were multiple instances of the admins searching through people's mailbox, and then banning them from the service after figuring out they were associated with opensc.ws, a forum devoted to discussing security topics. They did this because a group they were heavily reliant on for cash, telecomix, found out that an admin on opensc.ws named darkcodersec made a tool called darkcomet, which was used by the Syrian government to try and weed out access agents from the journalists that were working in the region. This was neither the first nor the last instance of this. I can remember this type of thing happening going all the way back to 2008.

Next off, their warrant canary has been dead for nearly a year now. The only guy with access to it won't update it, and refuses to answer any questions as to why, mocking anyone who sees it as a problem. To try and help ease fears they made a system that "automatically encrypts" your incoming emails, but this system still hasn't actually been implemented. They keep on pushing back the date they want to do it because of how "big" the migration will be. To add onto this, they have told everyone that they are using the system on all accounts now, even though they barely just got it working back in August.

To add more insult to injury, the decryption process takes place server side, and it keeps the files unencrypted onto the drive until you log out. This might not seem like a problem, but if you use anything but their web-client it means your files will be unencrypted 100% of the time.

And there is so much more. For example, they "accidentally" man-in-the-middled all of the OTR keys on their XMPP back in 2010 (they even have a setting in which they can start mitm'ing individual users, for "safety" reasons to protect against "bad russian hackers who browse exploit.in and antichat"). They also have their prosody server configured to retain logs of every conversation.

Now this is what I wanted to see. Instead of the stupid circlejerking over "muh antifa" just because Lunduke said so with little to no proof, we now have actual reasons, both political and technical, to dislike RiseUp and question Mozilla's actions.
The encryption and warrant canary bits can be easily searxed, by the way.

This clearly belongs to Holla Forums or Holla Forums. The only way technology is involved in this is because Mozilla is involved.
One could try to bother explaining the dumb ameritards here that Antifa is about as much as a thing as Anoneemoose, but my guess is that it would be pointless.

99999 times this.

This is why we need Holla Forums out of this board.

Are you retarded?

Get hanged man.

One website that shows some antifa members use RiseUp doesn't mean that every antifa member uses RiseUp or that Rise]Up itself is antifa.
Not only that, but that webiste shows most of those also had Facebook, Twitter and Google accounts; yet Bryan didn't accuse those corporations of being or supporting antifa.

I didn't know pol uses Windows

what in the fuck. leftists have a special place in hell waiting for them

Mozilla also didn't give those corporations $100,000.

But it gave money to other projects.

Your point being?

No.

Sorry dude I just used one for myself as openmailbox started charging for imap access and I had to migrate my personal email

You have a lot of info here that would be too hard to fabricate. Might I ask what you prefer to use for email?

It isn't? It says it was updated on the last date their canary said they update on.

This is not surprise when Mozilla is SJW/lefty as fuck

I honestly don't care about that right now. Nothing I do is illegal. I just want a service who won't shut me down for my wrongthink political opinions.

So, couldn't there be legal mummifications for supporting a documented terrorist group?

Well, I didn't type mummifications but it's funnier that way.

Probably, but they didn't support a terrorist organization. Please read the thread.

What about Brave?

soldierx.com/hdb/DarkCoderSc
So this frog got stomped by Telecomix snitches.

what a fucking bunch of clickbait. If I fund a site that just so happens to be used by antifa, am I funding antifa?

go back to >>>Holla Forums where this kind of dumbass reasoning is allowed.

"I have no source"

This is untrue

Source?

Forced meme that nobody gives a shit about, even less relevant than Opera

back to pol loser.

Why did I read this as "Fuck anime. Absolutely fuck anime."? Is my subconscious playing games with me? I like anime.

t. r/the_donald
While Holla Forums continually agitated sjw subreddits to the point that even mentioning it will get you banned there (see: catgirls), you trumpcucks were advocating an "alliance" between halfchan Holla Forums and r/t_d.
Don't fucking project your piss-poor politics and opportunistic decision-making onto others. You are what you are.

You asked for this.

This is why we need >>>/somethingawful/ out of this board.

What's the point of a privacy-focused email if you're not using it to spread goodness and justice in this world.

What the fuck is supposed to be bad about being natsoc-friendly. That's a badge of honor.

That only works when you have the media on your side.
Nuremberg laws when?

how the fuck did I drop the reply link?

Google.

most nazis these days ARE weebs. It's 2017, ffs.

He means real Nazis, not the untermensch that like to role play as Nazis on the internet.

RiseUp is most prominent group that provides infrastructure for radicalism in the FOSS community. Some Debian developers use it, FBI has seized it at least once, EFF provided legal defense (abuse of anonymous remailer), some Tor members cooperated with it, one early Bitcoin developer used it, and many more. I assumed everyone who gets into FOSS has heard about it at least once.

If you are a Holla Forumsitician, or you think Mozilla wrongly supported a group, or you think RiseUp itself is trash, or it's insecure[1], feel free to talk about it in Holla Forums. Immediately screaming about "Mozilla supported RiseUp, and RiseUp = Antifa!" just after you see a flag is not legit.

For extra credit and to educate you, there is another similar group named Autistici (a.k.a Inventati), which provides hosting & mail. They require users to be "anti-capitalist, anti-racist and anti-facist" in their usage agreement. I hope if something happens next time, Holla Forums or Holla Forums won't start freaking out about it again.
>autistici.org/

[1] actually it's not solid secure, some minor issues about not incorporating best practice on the SSL/TLS and XMPP server, but they have been working on their new infrastructure and services recently, and it's fine for receiving automatic emails. registration was once open I think, perhaps because of abuses, now they increased the need of one invitation code to two.

Let me guess, you think Holla Forums are fucking libertarians? the r/thedonald civnats that are swarming the board certainly are Do you even know what the third position is? That Mussolini was a card carrying socialist before rising to power? Educate yourself.

RiseUP actually runs one of the 10 hardcoded Tor directory authorites, longclaw.

github.com/torproject/tor/blob/master/src/or/config.c#LC1082

Who the fuck cares about Mussolini? He was a little prick who tagged along with the winning team and ended up paying for it.

You guys are gay as fuck.

Mozilla donates to many "muh freedums" type organisations and rise up is no different. They may have anarcho-communist leanings but I think main thing is that they're about privacy and that's why Mozilla has donated to them.

You guys are acting like SJWs it's fucking disgusting.

They guy is a radio voiced attention whore who is only relevant because he is basically the only tabloid news reporter in FOSS.

I've noticed that Holla Forums is equally as hysterical as the SJW they claim to oppose. The bogeymen they fear have different names but the hysteria they display is the same.

the only thing missing from your post is "everyone who disagrees with me is Holla Forums"

I don't mind people who disagree with me with a sound rebuttal or with a different opinion. What is very common in Holla Forums is jumping to conclusions based on nothing but imagination. I know some people do this in an "ironic" matter and I know some of these people are plain trolling but I know that many of these people seriously believe that a dissenting opinion implies a conclusion that doesn't follow.

distant hand-rubbing intensifies as 5 cents is deposited into your account

But is it compatible with the addons I use?
t. Firefox pro

Qutebrowser will be good enough once they get proper ABP/uBlock compatible filtering rather than a simple hosts filter for ad blocking. It already uses qtwebkit (back in development!) or Qt WebEngine (Blink/Chrom*) for the backend so it's got a rendering process per tab and a nice Vim-like UI.

sand blasting is magnified as bitcoins are mined into wallets

Here's a minimal adblock-like userscript I just wrote:
#!/usr/bin/env python3import osselectors = ', '.join(line.strip() for line in open( os.path.join(os.environ['QUTE_CONFIG_DIR'], 'filters')))script = ("var elems = document.querySelectorAll('" + selectors + "');" "for (var i = 0; i < elems.length; i++) {" " elems[i].parentNode.removeChild(elems[i]);" "}")with open(os.environ['QUTE_FIFO'], 'w') as f: print('jseval ' + script, file=f)
Put a file called "filters" in ~/.config/qutebrowser/ or the equivalent, and put a CSS selector on each line. Keep in mind that nothing is escaped. Bind the script to something because you have to run it manually.

I see some plumbing in tabbedbrowser.py that does things when a tab is done loading, so getting a function defined in config.py to be executed when a tab is done loading might not be hard. Ideally you would do that through an actual feature provided by qutebrowser for config.py but I'm sure a dirty hack could manage it as well. The ideal way would also mean a pretty big change in the way you use config.py, and I think that change is planned, but it's not there yet so I don't know if that's achievable in the near future. You definitely wouldn't want an exception in a function you defined in config.py to bring down the whole browser.

I could have sworn this was illegal.

Mozilla didn't actually fund any terrorist organizations so it cancels out

These are mutually exclusive, modern web standards are effectively made by google and their business model is based on taking away your privacy and freedom.

I'd like to avoid making config.py a plugin system, because I think it's better if there's a thought-out and more or less stable plugin API first.

However, someone is working on Greasemonkey support, which would allow running JS on page load: github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/pull/3040

There's also the idea of doing something similar to autocmds in vim, though that'll probably only happen once there's a plugin API as well.

Related issues:
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/30
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/35

MOZZARELLA FOXFIRE IS (((LITERALLY))) FUDNING ANTIFA SUPERSOLDIERS TO BEHEAD WHITE AMERICA IN THE== ==[code]TOWN SQUARE[/aa]

also something something invisible pizza basement sauce

Get fucked commie spic

DONALD DUCK IS LITERALLY AN ATOM BOMB WHO IS GOING NUCLEAR ON THE WHITE ROME

Riseup is run by anarchists. Antifa is not all anarchists, and all anarchists are certainly not antifa. Read something other than SICP faggot.

TWO SCOOPS
TWO SCOOPS
BLONALD GRLUMPF IS A FASCIST
IMPEACH DLOLNAND PMUMPH

t. Mozilla

Its a fucking e-mail service
Nothing to get upset about

They sure as fuck aren't libertarians or classical liberals you fucking cock

[sitpost]
GODZILLA IS LITERALLY FUNDING THE ANTICHRISTS
[/shitpost]

I want gojira to rape my neghole

Come back when Polina gives you the good old Shibari.Or latex bondage.
Otherwise, fuck off

Jesus christ this is some shit-tier trolling. They gave money to an email service. Not to Antifa. fucking retards.

This is the standard in all the imageboards. People actually want to post shit while ignoring accuracy and clarity. This actually influences their worldview and many take on these shit posts as an accurate reflection of the issues.

Tails is a Riseup project, is mostly riseup devs and even uses RiseupLabs to handle donations.

tails.boum.org/donate/

Why is Bryan Lunduke interviewing antifa and promoting their software?

Any kind of open source software is eligible for Lunduke's time.

I never though of it this way. spooky

It's very common everywhere in life and the imageboards are no exception. In all the memeing and shitting that's pushed forward, they fail to examine the exact details of the scenario. The consequence is that they take on knowledge that is fuzzy, unclear and not completely accurate. When you collect a lot of knowledge that is unclear and not accurate, you develop a really shitty worldview. This is why I try to avoid memeing in the serious business threads.

MOZILLA = NIGGERS AND JEWS

>this organization that supports antifa and provides antifa with services doesn't publicly say they have the exact same ideology as antifa, they say they have a slightly different ideology than antifa
Why is Holla Forums so obvious?

An example of this is the "botnet" meme and how malware, adware, spyware, telemetry, security exploits, backdoors, proprietary software and closed source software all get lumped together in a very confused mess.

to antifa *in particular*, though?
you're just fucking saying
being on the "same side" doesnt imply actual ties of some kind. if you're a white nationalist, that doesnt mean you have ties with the KKK.

No, Holla Forums, I said that they're antifa because they provide services to antifa, and specifically to antifa. They don't provide services to just anyone. They only provide services to those they deem to be good activists working towards goals they support. Given that they provide services to antifa, this indicates they directly support antifa.

Also,
This is the most jewish arguing tactic I've heard out of Holla Forums for a while now. I guess the leadership is actually doing some legwork for a change.

They are. That was exactly the point. A program reporting anonymous usage statistics is not equivalent to ransomware or a DOS game from the 80s that hasn't been open sourced.

If it's being sent over my internet connection and it contains any data about what's going on on my computer, it is not anonymous.

BUT HIS STDS

It can be anonymous, and at any rate you are just trying to change the topic after realizing how full of fuck you are.

It is proprietary software.

Seriously nigger? Please explain to me how information disclosing what's going on on my computer, with my IP address stamped to it, is anonymous.

Because obviously when someone is referring to Chrome or Windows as "proprietary", they're comparing it to old DOS abandonware and not to spyware that sells all your private information to the NSA. Of course, the 1000000% literal definition is exactly what they are referring to.

Are you fucking autistic? Serious question.

This coming from someone arguing that malware, adware, spyware, telemetry, security exploits, backdoors, proprietary software and closed source software are all the same thing, all "botnet."

Just fuck off already.

Oh, and:
Yeah, if it's "proprietary" then it has to be spyware and has to be sending your info to the NSA. That's what proprietary means, right? hue huehueuheuhuehue

Given the extremely substantial overlap between what they do, I'd say it's accurate to say they're all alike.

Also, you still haven't explained how information about what's going on on my computer with my IP address attached is somehow "anonymous." I'd really like that explanation, please.

Well, given that that's what all software Holla Forums refers to as "proprietary" (Windows, Chrome, Skype, etc) does, I'd say that it's pretty accurate to say that proprietary = spyware.

No, it is not accurate. No, proprietary does not mean your data is being sent to the NSA. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT YOU STUPID FUCKING CHILD.

For fuck's sake, am I the only person on Holla Forums with even elementary computer literacy?

So what are Windows and Chrome doing in the background that they don't want the goyim to know about?

Are you also enlightened by your own intelligence?

The fuck does it matter what they're doing? Just fucking stop. You have no idea what proprietary software means. Or what anything in general means.

Jesus fucking CHRIST you are stupid. An absolute fucking dumbshit.

Chrome could be fucking scooping up your brain and shipping it to the NSA moonbase using an Amazon drone and it would not make one fucking bit of difference to what we are talking about. You fucking idiot.

What we're talking about is how you seem to think that just because a program being closed source doesn't necessarily mean that it's scraping user data, that makes it incorrect for people on Holla Forums to refer to suspicious closed-source programs as "proprietary."

I'm pointing out that, as 99% of all closed source programs mine user data, conflating the terms "spyware" and "proprietary software" is fairly accurate.

You, on the other hand, are claiming that because 1% of all proprietary software, mostly old abandonware programs and '90s video games, does not conform to this use of the word "proprietary," it is inaccurate to use the terms as if they are the same. You do this because you are profoundly autistic, and think that because technically a term is not true for 1% of all cases, it is therefore incorrect in general.

What we are talking about, you fucking idiot, is your entirely mistaken assumption that "proprietary software" is necessarily equivalent to spyware. A proprietary software could be converting your keystrokes into synthesized fart noises. IT COULD DO LITERALLY ANYTHING, BECAUSE "PROPRIETARY" DOES NOT MEAN ANY SPECIFIC KIND OF PROGRAM YOU FUCKING MORON.

When that is the case 99% of the time, I think that's a safe assumption to make.

And given that 99% of the time the list of things a piece of proprietary software is doing includes "spying on the user", I think it's safe to group the characteristics of "this program is proprietary" and "this program spies on the user" together.

Seriously m8, you seem to be having a difficult time understanding this. I'm responding to you in my spare time between sets, and I seem to be following what you're saying more easily than you're following what I'm saying. I think you should try taking a DEEP BREATH, counting to ten, and rereading the thread.

It isn't the case 99% of the time you fucking meme-spewing idiot who doesn't know shit about anything. Fucking RETARD.

Chrome...
Windows...
Mac OS...
Chrome OS...
God knows how many iPhone apps...
Just about every Android app that involves editing data or using a VPN...
Amazon Echo...
Google Home...
LG smart watches that report user location...
Lenovo BIOS spyware...
Every "smart" TV/thermostat/appliance...
nVidia GeForce libraries that report user information...

gnu.org/proprietary/proprietary-surveillance.en.html

U mad bro? Because you seem mad.

DO YOU HAVE ANY FUCKING IDEA HOW MANY PROPRIETARY PROGRAMS EXIST AND HAVE EVER EXISTED YOU FUCKING RETARD????????????????????????????????????????

Seriously man, stop while you're not too far behind.

Seriously, you need to stop. I'm doing bench presses now and if you don't stop making me laugh I'm going to drop the bar on my chest and suffocate myself. If you're going to be this NOT EVEN MAD, at least wait until I've got a spotter.

YOU ARE SO FUCKING DUMB AND IGNORANT THAT THE ONLY FUCKING COMPUTER PROGRAMS YOU ARE EVEN AWARE OF ARE ONES THAT GET MEMED ON IMAGEBOARDS

JESUS

FUCKING

CHRIST

This is getting embarrassing user.

WHAT IS EMBARRASING HERE IS THAT YOU ARE COMPLETELY FUCKING IGNORANT ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO COMPUTERS YET YOU ARE STILL HERE TRYING TO ARGUE ABOUT THIS AND PRETENDING LIKE YOU FUCKING KNOW ANYTHING

KILL YOURSELF

You really seem to be getting worked up by not very much user. You should try not getting mad so easily.

No, it's like saying godaddy is a faggot because they gave you anal sex.

KILL YOURSELF

No

I HAVE AWAKENED THE AUTIST!

bump browser thread

like clockwork