Dartlang thread

So Holla Forums, why aren't you writing your server applications in Dart, and your user applications in Dart (with Flutter)?
dart-lang.github.io/server/server.html

flutter.io/

Google's AdWords, their main source of income, was rewritten in Dart (from Java), and Flutter is going to overtake Qt, Gnome, wxWidgets, React Native, and other user application cross-platform libraries/frameworks over the next year or two.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.dartlang.org/2016/11/dart-strong-mode-and-ahead-of-time_30.html
news.dartlang.org/2017/01/dart-in-2016-fastest-growing.html
youtube.com/watch?v=w2TcYP8qiRI
gigaom.com/2014/06/30/the-dark-side-of-io-how-the-u-k-is-making-web-domain-profits-from-a-shady-cold-war-land-deal/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If I wanted something running in a VM, I'd use Limbo.

Just reading about Dart now. I've been aware of it for years, but always ignored it as some probably slightly less disgusting JS.
It seems to be moving towards a statically typed and compiled language with version 2.0.
It also seems a lot like Java in it's OOPiness, but much less verbose and not so horribly designed.
I do hate Google though, so I'm not sure I should try something that might be very attached to them...

free software can't be really attached. unless it depends on nonfree software.
at the very worst, you will have to pretend it's abandoned by authors at some point.

because rust exists
flutter is mobile only????????????

I thought google abandonded this years ago. Is it still going?

It's gradually becoming an aotc language, particularly with Dart 2.0, where types are mandatory rather than optional, and you need to specify 'dynamic' for any variable with dynamic typing, which makes aotc easier.

news.dartlang.org/2016/11/dart-strong-mode-and-ahead-of-time_30.html

It's taking over all their internal stuff.
news.dartlang.org/2017/01/dart-in-2016-fastest-growing.html
Poor Rob and Ken :(

For now.

it is also in alpha for now. it will take quite a while (if ever) for it to be not mobile only.
also who wants material desgin on desktop?????????????

everyone, thats why youtube uses it

lol

Cool. Another hipster UI framework, there are even mandatory hipster glasses in first screenshot. Also uses .io domain, you know it's good then.
No.
Maybe. There is new UI framework out every month it seems. You might get away with this on shitty mobile apps, but real useful software will still look like pic 3 related.

those colors in pic 3 are awful.

Nobody cares.

How many Android phones do I need to buy to display that much information simultaneously on them?

Made me smile. It's supposed to make the android development easier, not assblasting crossplatform world. Electron tried it and it's a disgrace to the users.

Electron is basically recreating web apps natively, with all the bloat and shit performance that entails.
Failure was inevitable in that case.

youtube.com/watch?v=w2TcYP8qiRI

Shows how easy developing in Dart is.

this is truly disgusting.

It can replace webapps.

I want fuck Emily Shack so badly

Wow! I am so grateful to Google® for bringing us so many great products such as Go™ and now Dart™! Making cool trendy web apps has never been so convenient!

Now that's what I call innovation! OOP is the hottest shit around, and null pointer exceptions are the bee's knees!

Marvelous! Programs silently doing the wrong thing instead of failing is exactly what we need. Fuck types.

Fellow Googlers™ will feel right at home with these cargo-cult Cfantastic features, I'm sure.

Oh I just can not. I just can not.

lol google is fucked

What's wrong with it? I think it's quite impressive how quickly you can create an App with Flutter.
Consider me sold.

Rust is a systems programing language, not for apps.

Jesus why are women in tech always so ugly and beta?

Because betta than nothing, AHAHAHA

It became self aware.

2D > nothing > 3D

Wasn't Dart a dead FOTM meme language from years ago like Elm & Fortress? Nobody uses Swift either, so what makes it anymore enticing than getting shit done in Python?

It's turning (witn Dart 2.0) into a statically typed and compiled language but with lots of OOP and data structure libraries, kind of like Java, but with out the discusting design and verbosity.
Also Flutter is built with it, and it is the future. The better question is why use Python?

Never use a .io domain gigaom.com/2014/06/30/the-dark-side-of-io-how-the-u-k-is-making-web-domain-profits-from-a-shady-cold-war-land-deal/

because i dont write webshit

Dart is not limited to webshit and Dart apps are not webapps generally.
You must be confusing it with electron or something.

was just thinking the same thing

Another electron?

Good luck faggots...

kys faggo

Eat shit and grin.

Write something that isn't fizzbuzz

Golang is harder to build "webapps" in than PHP.

They both look okay. The short-haired one is awkward, though. I see that she's wearing a wedding ring, though, which is something that most people on Holla Forums will never do, at least not honestly.

Rust is a meme programming language, for when you want to wait several hours for a compile.