Not understood at the time

Other urls found in this thread:

bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3445732/spawn-remake-delayed-due-todd-mcfarlanes-demands/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I should check it out, I loved the Spawn comic as a preteen.

Spawn is part of the Marvel Universe now isn't it?

Who knows, even if not it's probably owned by disney anyway.

The villain was top tier. And the effects (barring the Playstation One-tier graphics down in Hell) were good too.

Hahahahaha hell no
Todd MacFarlane would never hand over his precious IP to anyone, let alone Disney.

Every practical effect was top tier. And a lot of CGI, bar Satan, still holds up artistically if not technically.

The part where Spawn fights Violator's final form was the best part, followed by the party crashing scene [Angellica tease] IMO.

Everything else just seemed corny.

Spawn is shit

Capeshit is corny, trying to make it """"""""""""serious""""""""""" is the greatest joke of the 100+ years of cinematography. Spawn does it right.

Don't act like Spawn is initiated, small guy.

That's it, I'm torrenting this shit.

One of my favorites childhood movies.

Or perhaps he is wondering why you would shill a film that doesn't have a plane.

How much is he making nowadays. One truck of disney shekels and Spawn hangs out with Iron-Man.

ahh, the good old days when you could cast a black guy in a lead role for a comic book film and still not have diversity related bullshit shoved down your throat.

Weird how they haven't tried doing a reboot. Him, Static Shock and Steel could've been good black heroes to revive without MUH DIVERSITY quotas and they would've been cool. But no one wants to remember Steel or Spawn because HAHA THE 90'S LOOK SO OUTDATED GUIZE and SHAQ CAN'T ACT AMIRITE :) , and Static Shock never seemed to go anywhere despite being a decent show with cool powers.

But you know fully well that if they got revived it would be endless reminders about big black bucks and evil white capitalist men, or cranking up their ghetto levels to 11 or casting them as poor misunderstood NASA-MENSA-MIT geniuses because they're black :(

Not to mention Michael Jai White is an actual martial artist and cool guy.

tfw no Blood and Bone sequel :(

I don't remember the cape being quite that ridiculously large.

Daily reminder that the HBO animated TV show that followed is also top КИНО material, maybe even better than the comic books.

Really makes you think. The acceleration of muh diversity over the last few years have come at the expense of actually cool niggaz like White oh the ironing and Dr. Thomas Sowell, as they tend to get lumped with the BLM tier hood rats in the eyes of non-niggers.

bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3445732/spawn-remake-delayed-due-todd-mcfarlanes-demands/

Supposedly the idea he has is not focused solely on Spawn, more on the detectives Sam and Twitch with Spawn being an omnipresent demonic force lurking in the background, more like a horror movie kinda like Predator. Not sure how that'd work since Sam and Twitch are cool enough, but I wanna see Spawn battling it out and disemboweling people with chains. Still, good on McFarlane for not bending the knee to (((them))).

Both Michael Jai White and Wesley Snipes were fantastic cast choices for their respective roles. If they ever try to reboot Blade just a matter of time tbqh, I can't imagine anyone else filling Snipe's shoes. Same with Spawn.

They're both solid action actors and martial artists to boot, which makes them even better.

Maybe at 135p or whatever those gifs are. At 1080, not so much.

Poopy underpants clown better than stiffen kang's clown

His comics are doing well enough for a indie title, so he isn't that desperate yet to sell the rights. Besides Todd fucking HATES Marvel and Disney for stealing Angela, one of Spawn's supporting characters. He lost the character in a lawsuit to Marvel, who proceeded to turn a hot chick into a tranny-loving feminist lesbian.

That reminds me.

The cartoon already did that.
And if that's the case there's no reason not to bring Keith David back as the voice

What about what happened to Chapel?
He was only Spawn's fucking killer, how do you retcon that shit so it was random chick?

Huh. I always forget that she was in it.

Mine too. But recently I saw it, and finally, after all those years, I've realized what's wrong with it.

I'm a big fan of the comics inb4 >>>Holla Forums, and it's one thing that the story is overly simplified and misses such elements as Chapel, the maffia or Overt-kill, but the actor hired for the Spawn-part is bad. He was an okay Al Simmons, but they should have got someone else to play Spawn. Also the nose he has distracted me the whole time, because sometimes in the comics he has a nose, then he has a skeletal nose, sometimes he has none.

And also the dialogues are pretty shitty, most of the time. Leguizamo does his best performance though, but I still could not understand, why did they made Terry into a white guy…

They didn't remake Spawn, because
1. the black character sells his soul to the Devil
2. the black character kills people
3. the Devil is not a white dude
4. it's 2deep4them

can you read faggot?

It was just like that in the comics.

I know comics are cucked beyond belief but that sounds like complete bullshit.

The source of your confusion is the fact that Marvel owns the rights to the Spawn character, Angela Queen of Hell. What happened there was Neil Gaiman, who created her while writing Spawn, won a lawsuit against Todd Mcfarlane for the rights to the character. Later, Gaiman sold her off to Marvel. So Angela is now a Marvel character despite Spawn still being Todd Mcfarlane's IP.

Thanks for clearing this up anons. I knew there was something wrong when I saw those Angela comic pages and kept wondering "but she's a Spawn character, wtf"

Arguably the worst thing they could have done to her is turned her into some bulldyke SJW.

Keith David nailed it as Spawn, his voice has the right kind of raspiness to it.

The problem is that while Chapel is tied to the Spawn mythos, he was created by Rob Liefeld. And was one of the main members of Liefeld's Youngblood comic. So in order to use that character the movie would have had to secure the film rights from Liefeld. Basically it was a cluster fuck.

Now, the film rights to Youngblood are currently tied up. The was the problem with Image comics in a way. Many different continuities crossed over, but all the characters were owned by different creators. Hell, a lot of Chapel's backstory is gone since Wildstorm split from Image and got purchased by DC Comics.

Let this serve as a lesson, never let your creations fall at the hands of the Mouse.

If you only knew how bad things are.

That isn't even the worst thing they did. They decided to make her Thor's long lost sister born from Odin and Frigga that died and reveal she actually belongs to a tenth Asgardian realm that was sealed off by their parents after she presumably died, retconning the universe's rule even more to make her fit in.

They could have easily make her an angel in the Biblical sense, since those are established to exist in Ghost Rider comics.

If you have a kikeflix acc it's on there.

Everything but the cape is top tier.

The cape is fine.

The movie needed more Jessica Priest.

They could make a movie about Leguizamo's violator and I'd watch it tbh.

Must be better than vid related

That was supposed to be Angela? Pffft how lame.

Chapel would have been cooler
Wanda should be the fanservice girl, she's the whole reason Spawn makes a deal with the devil in the first place.

eh, she is a bit plain.

I am more bummed out by the fact that some red-headed was supposed to be Angela than by her looks.

ya it was pretty nice i agree with this post

what

Spawn: Nigger are you retarded? Who gives a fuck about this tranny horseshit?

Priest: HELL IS INVADING THE EARTH you stupid cunt, we don't have time for this.

Todd McFarlane vs a Collider shill

Look, it was pretty good, but not as good as the books, though I'd argue that it's still worth a watch.

Basically imagine how Spawn does all the shit in the backgrounds but focus mostly on the cops and more human, relatible characters and you see shit like the various people all twisted up, torn apart, weird ass markings, and so on.

Spawn was always fucking cool and even in his most emo periods, he was dangerous as fuck.

McFarlane is /ourguy/

I heard it was because they wanted to get Wesley Snipes to play Chapel, but it would cost too much to bill him, so kinda at the last moment, they flipped the gender and character to Priest, who was "totally not Chapel", but played the same part.

Any truth to that?

Snipes as Chapel would have been a great choice.

Either Snipes or Michel Clarke Duncan would have been solid choices for Chapel.

Come to think of it, had he been alive today, he would make a fantastic Barracuda for the Punisher series Netflix is working on.

And funnily enough, although they blatantly casted a huge black guy for the role of Kingpin, he turned out to be the best thing out of the trainwreck that is Daredevil.

He was fucking phenominal. Large, intimidating, but also helped that Duncan loved the shit out of Kingpin the character, so when they went looking he said to just sign him up because he acted like god looking down on peons when he was in that suit.

Haven't watched the Netflix series, for those who watched it, is D'onofrio's Kingpin better or worse than Duncan's? considering that D'onofrio is not a big guy U U U U and that Clarke Duncan had set the bar really high.

he was fucking incredible.

Hey, Violator had his own comic series for a while.

Webmed for future generations

couldn't tell you, haven't seen it either

why can't spawn catch a break

Spawn had a hard life

what the fuck are you a masochist?

There was a tv show, what happened to that?

Couldn't tell you the last time I saw affleckdevil but D'Onofrio did a great job as well. Unlike Duncan, he has a character arc before becoming the Kingpin.

Didn't he get buttfucked?

the cartoon got cancelled less than a quarter into the comics, i think it just ends with spawn shapeshifting into a white dude and fucking his wife

So long as he isn't spending money on them or supporting the industry, its fine. Besides, comics nowadays are a dumpster fire on the same level as Sonichu.

I forgot to say "some red-head extra" that should make it clearer.

Eh, Chapel wasn't supposed to be some huge guy, he actually looked a lot like Spawn did when he was human. (symbolism and all that)
The're both kinda two sides of the same coins being ruthless killers except Spawn did it because it was his job while Chapel actually enjoyed killing people

what's he talking about, that having the hero get beaten up makes them less fantastic or special?

did the guy forget his own comics, spawn got his ass kicked on a regular fucking basis, sometimes even by normal humans just wearing armor for chrissake

It ends with Spawn having saved Cyan from a fake murderer who was clown in disguise and then he turns into Violator who's pissed that Spawn is not following through with the shit he needs to in order to lead hell's army.

While the acting was good, it fucked some parts of the story, namely how Spawn butchered the fuck out of the kid killer.

He's talking about a story where there is only this ONE thing that is supernatural and if it was removed, it's a normal story that could happen in the real world.

Think of the Predator movies before the predator shows up, or the F13 movies; remove the killer's supernatural aspects and those films are pretty straightforward. He's saying he wants the Spawn movie to be like that; spawn is the only supernatural thing in it and without him, it's a cop movie or something.

What the baldheaded beta numale with painted nails is trying to say is that Marvel "does the same thing" and he quickly said "no, it isn't" because even in the first ironman movie, iron monger showed up and beat the shit out of ironman, requiring tony to have a panic button backup plan to save his ass because he couldn't beat him, showing that he wasn't even special.

because violator was just your average normal clown-demon that could transform into a 10 foot tall lizard monster?

HIPSTERS

STOP TALKING ABOUT BOARD RELATED THINGS AND POST ABOUT BLACK DICKS AND DRUMPFARUMPF

This is the only super hero film I am interested in tbh.

Sounds like we might get something à la ‘Sam and Twitch, Book 1: Udaku’, a dark, gritty noir detective story with the supernatural looming in the background and being a presence throughout the film.

you have no idea how popular spawn was in the 90's

True story:

I remember seeing Spawn comics in magazine racks as a kid and seeing shit like this and being blown away. Started buying a couple issues and I remember there was some flashback scene and it shows his wife and I was really shocked that she was black and was like "wtf". When I found out Spawn/Al Simmons was black as well, I was really disillusioned. Even as kid, it's not like I hated black people but I really couldn't identify or idealize myself as Spawn anymore and dropped the comic.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Not just any beard, the lazy kind of beard that only requires clipping every month or so.

He shaves his head because he's going prematurely bald, but the only reason these people wear beards is because they're too lazy to shave. Keep in mind that they are under constant pressure to smash the patriarchy and eliminate anything that even remotely indicates masculinity, but they're still too lazy to shave their ebil patriarchal beard.

This faggot is doing exactly what the average hipster contrarian does on Holla Forums

If this movie came out today and had an ounce of popularity he would shit on it. Now thats its old and forgotten by the normies he says its "underrated" and a "hidden gem" that only edgy hipsters like him apreciate.

If you come back here in 10 years you see some faggot doing the same shit with extremely popular movies right now

Back do Leddit.

LE LEDDIT XD

Bro, don't think about the Spawn comics or the cartoon or the movie! Think about Todd's vision: he wants a movie like what this guy describes. No Clown, no Malebolgia, no Urizen, no angels, etc. Spawn would be the only thing with superhuman powers in it

no his dad just beat the shit out of him and his mom. i think anal is implied though.

go back

Yeah same here, it's almost like I didn't care about this race shit until niggers had to push it in everyone's faces

Also
>Link is

omg yeah remember when all those black ppl showed up shouting about how spawn was black and all everyone had to "deal with it" omg so annoying.

no dumbfuck that's the point, they didn't do that with characters like spawn or blade
now every character that's a nigger is a nigger first and foremost, before their personality or purpose

Spawn in demon's hand was much better.

>The literal faggot Elf
You're a fucking pleb, a fag, a moron, or all three. The ONLY good guest character in Soul Calibur is Heihachi fucking Mishima..

This movie was shit.