*blocks Threadrippers path*

*blocks Threadrippers path*
What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph11859/91901.png
raptorcs.com/TALOSII/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>>/g/

You didn't think sage was a downvote did you?

RIP intel to THREADS xDDDDD

Not that AMD is any better but fuck Intel,

A socket change a year keeps the goyim in check.

*goyim in fear
You didn't even get the phrase right. And Skylake and Kaby Lake both use the same socket

Sure, but Coffee Lake doesn't.

Because muh memory speed boost or some retarded shit

Thank you, oh thank you my hasidic masters for allowing me to get my 7% performance increase on the same socket as last year. May we be blessed with nominal gains forever more.

Never forget the six gorillion. Always support our greatest allies!

bet it has extra botnet that consumers love because it lets them watch tv

Coffee lake does use the same socket but it will fry if you put it in a kaby lake motherboard. Intel didn't even change notches on the cpu to prevent it. Also they're changing chipsets once again for no reason other than shekels.

Source? I know the socket is the same while the pinout is different, but I figured it would've just failed at the BIOS/UEFI with a CPU error POST code. Does it really fucking fry boards?

It's not even 7%
Taking figures from here: images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph11859/91901.png
... the 8700K is 5.6% faster than the 7700K
BUT.. they're using the stock multiplier, which is 47x for the 8700K and 45x for the 7700k
Since they're both unlocked, there's no actual reason to do it that way. The actual clock that you would end up using depends on whether CL is more overclockable than KL, which is not something we know yet.
When you take out the artificial multiplier change, the actual IPC difference is about 1%

Unless it turns out to be an OC god I'd say Coffee Lake is pretty much a scam.

well well Intel had to finally get off the ass and make a proper cpu after screwing their customers for decade, and its still fucking hot like the i9, its the performance king thats for sure
AMD will probably still stay the best-price-for-performance-king for while thou

OK I was just being a bit dramatic, I don't think anyone has tried it yet.

What's the point? AMD already said they're keeping their sockets around at least until 2019, and Thread Ripper and AM4 are going to get two more iterations of Zen before a possible change.

If you go with AMD, in two years or whatever you just buy a new CPU and drop it in your existing motherboard. Or you can get Intel and either throw your motherboard away after a few years, or be stuck on the same quad core for 5 years because Intel hasn't innovated enough to give you a reason to upgrade.

wow amazing. 4% faster clock speed, 5.6% faster performance, and all results were done by a marketing site that has Intel as a client.

wtf I love Core i9 now xD

Just don't buy anything Zen+/Navi and before, AMD is in a transition phase.

Thank you based Lisa Su

X86 architecture is dead since the 80386.
POWER9 is the only sane choice that we have:
raptorcs.com/TALOSII/

What is it compatible with?

Wew lad keep LARPing

Intel single core performance was already ahead of Threadripper as it was and now they have a high core count chip for consumer prices AND significantly lower TDP

Face it, AMD got #Jew'd

After all this bullshit about 14nm++ they turn it in and the IPC is virtually identical? Yes it has two more cores. We knew that. Any expectations of improvement otherwise have been totally dashed. I fail to see how this could be worse for intel.

PS I haven't bought an AMD since the Athlon 64

I still buy the CPU that doesn't downclock itself 1GHz if I try to use its main new features

10nm is fucking hard to pull off apparently, and it's why the only 10nm chips right now are RISC processors from Qualcomm Samsung and Apple

I don't expect 10nm to be that big a jump from 14nm in terms of TDP though. At nodes this fucking small you really start seeing diminishing returns. The jump from 65nm to 45nm was huge in comparison

Get fire extinguisher ready

x86 emulators.