Linux Presinstalled Computers That Don't Suck Dick & Are Good Price

Why have you not installed this OS or bought one their computers with it pre-installed yet Holla Forums?

pureos.net/
puri.sm/

Other urls found in this thread:

puri.sm/products/
puri.sm/shop/librem-13-i7/
youtube.com/watch?v=tz1ZAk02OVo
raptorcs.com/content/TL2DS1/intro.html
github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances
youtube.com/watch?v=z3q6qPEtiYE
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14956257
raptorcs.com/TALOSII/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express#PCI_Express_4.0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coherent_Accelerator_Processor_Interface#CAPI_2_2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR4_SDRAM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POWER9
raptorcs.com/
emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/
stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop
pcengines.ch/apu2.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't need the distro. Would rather install straight-up debian
As for the laptop, I need a quad-core, so if I were looking for a new one, I might try one of the Thinkpads that can be corebooted, as you could add a quad core to those. Unless of course they make a laptop with one, then that would become an option.

puri.sm/products/
puri.sm/shop/librem-13-i7/

What you think of this?

kek
And yet still not reference in the FSF list of free distributions.
HAHAHAHAHA
You mean you have a GPU besides intel, Nvidia and AMD that doesn't require non-free firmware blobs that aren't a decade old ?

Install Gentoo.

i7 =/= Quad core
Do you work for Purism?

youtube.com/watch?v=tz1ZAk02OVo

I don't get this meme.
It's literally just a metasearch engine.
It just grabs shit from other engines.
Isn't that like using multiple botnets at once?

Do not trust them they have scammed people by making them believe even before trying that they could remove the intel ME on recent hardware.
They even paid some baitclick article to say that RMS approved their project but what RMS really said is that he would approve the project if they could remove the ME which they didn't.
They are liars and profit on gullible people.
If their's no RYF certification there's nothing to buy.
Go see the Talos 2 if you want free hardware.

I have searx.me as my primary browser on one computer and duckduckgo on the other. I tried to get used to using searx.me but for most purposes duckduckgo is better. Some things searx.me is better but 90% of searching I prefer DDG.

I agree about Privacy Badger. uBlock Origin is better.

and yeah PureBrowser... reminds me of Linux Mint's habit of renaming a whole bunch of different programs while barely changing them at all for the fuck of it. An annoying habit.

...and yes Gnome 3 sucks dick. Mate or... Cinnamon would be better.

Nope .

Their kepler line aren't a decade old yet. Even then it's enough to run most games.

Yes but you add useless data to each botnet that it only thinks came from that searx instance in such a case.

Yes according to: youtube.com/watch?v=tz1ZAk02OVo

At about 1 minutes 30 seconds in they say it.

You don't have any knowledge about network do you ?
When you make a request on google, google fingerprints your browser and IP flashed.
When you make a request on google trough searx, it's the searx server that gets fingerprinted and IP flashed not yours.
You basically proxy your requests.

These guys are basically trying to make computers that are finally uncucked even on the hardware level.

Ignoramus detected
So it's intel GPU based.
How that reverse engineering of the intel's firmware going on ?
Anyway still the same problem with blackbox hardware you can't trust it.
Also 6000$ dolarinos for a laptop I can get a completely free hardware for less than that:
raptorcs.com/content/TL2DS1/intro.html

He's beginning to lie/speculate about the ME removal at 2:08.
Lies again at the 2:26 question.

15 minutes in he mentions physical hardware kill-switches for microphone and cam

BASED

If so they need to go to IBM.
Intel, AMD, ARM, Nvidia and others will never give away their code.
We have tried for years and years there's no advancement there's actually a loss of communication.
A funny thing tho is that Intel employee comes into the coreboot mailing list and ask how shits works.

Right here.

We have tried for years and years there's no advancement there's actually a loss of communication.
A funny thing tho is that Intel employee comes into the coreboot mailing list and ask how shits works.

You do know that you can make DDG request by going in the preferences and adding it to the searx results ?
You do know that there's multiple instances besides searx.me ?
github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances

3-17-17 Purism Vs. Vault 7 CIA Hacks, Interview with Todd Weaver - Founder/CEO

youtube.com/watch?v=z3q6qPEtiYE

Ok searching that now but tell me before I get too carried away with this is this only ancient-tech or is it gonna let me shitpost at full capacity?

You can run any games if your resolution is shit. Unless you specify what resolution you're talking about running games at, you're just memeing on us. Can it run most games at 4k? 2k? 1080p? Some shit-tier lower-resolution?

It's gonna let you shitpost at light speed, user. It's basically an IBM OPENPOWER server computer in a desktop case.

but hasn't yet succeeded to remove it.
WEW
I don't think he's a bad guy be he's obviously had to much enthusiasm about removing the ME.

When I search Talos 2 on DDG I get a lot of irrelevant results. Please provide me with a link and don't just tell me to search shit like most pricks usually do. I found some hard-drive but I don't think that's what you're talking about?

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14956257

That's only because I top-spec'ed everything in there.

Preinstalled Linux is a joke. Every Linux user has their own favorite applications, configurations, and distros. Just sell it without any OS and let the user choose.

just look at the presentation
raptorcs.com/TALOSII/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express#PCI_Express_4.0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coherent_Accelerator_Processor_Interface#CAPI_2_2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR4_SDRAM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POWER9
And Raptor has membership in the OpenPOWER foundation and will be releasing their code to the public.
Basically you can sign yourself the software's hardware so that no one can change YOUR configuration.
Etc...

What do you think of Proton mail btw? I met up with a guy who is selling me weapons illegally and we're planning to carry out a terrorist attack n' shit, he gave me a USB thumbstick, and demanded I use protonmail to communicate with him so that's what we're using, and so far the gubbermint hasn't tried to stop us although he went quiet for some reason awhile ago maybe (((they))) nabbed him I don't know.

Oh and if you're wondering how I got into that situation to begin with it's because I just got over my fear of walking into a honeypot and decided if I was going to suicide at least I could do so in a cool way like by trying to overthrow the gubbermint. I knew it was in all likelihood a trap and he's a government agent but I didn't give a shit one day and went with it.

raptorcs.com/
This is the website. These desktop systems will be getting RYF certification soon.
Of course this doesn't solve anything for laptops, but it could for desktops, and it also gets us away from (((Intel)))

What a larping faggot who is so full of cum he didn't even know what a osciliscope is.

I think that it's an email provider who can enforce arbitrary bullshit like all email services providers.
Also if you want to avoid plain text sniffing just use GPG.
emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/
There's a very simple rule that you need to understand on the clear web.
Has long has it's not encrypted it's content is known by anyone who wants to know about it.

At this point x86 is pretty much useless if you want privacy and openness.

What needs to be developed is a new, open architecture which has provable technical advantages over x86, and a new non-Unix operating system developed with modern computing in mind. It’s 2017 and we’re still running a clone of a 40 year old OS on IBM PC compatibles, completely ignoring all advances in hardware and software that have taken place since the 80s. It’s a farce. Only Microsoft has the balls to take any risks; look at Singularity for instance.

My dream may soon become reality. We’re already seeing POWER9 and RISC-V making headway. Linux developers have hit a wall, and are forced to build their edifices upwards on loose foundations. When it topples, we may have to find another site.

Not really because some people value their time and having all hardware supported by default is awesome while getting a computer and realizing some of your hardware will never work or only work very poorly sucks dick.

When computers come with linux preinstalled then linux development will be greater and more people will use linux.

The way I feel about tech right now with absolutely everything being compromised and with my adversaries successfully shutting down a lot of my shit and blackmailing me I am pretty much ready to go Amish for a couple years. I don't know when I should resurface, maybe 2020, just going to live my life technology free for a couple years because I can't deal with all the pozz concerning our hardware, browsers, operating systems, batteries, and everything else. When do you reckon the tech nightmare will finally end?

Your mom is a clone of a 40 year old OS

When the (((people))) who backdoor it are destroyed. So until never.

I guess the only way outside of going amish might be to go full stallman.
stallman.org/stallman-computing.html

Or we move to a non-backdoored system.
See the previously mentioned TALOS II, as well as the Libreboot and Coreboot projects

You can't go full stallman and own a phone yet. The closest you can get is a samsung galaxy 2 but even that has the bootloader locked down.

See above. We already have laptops/desktops fitting such a description. Low power devices and very high power x86 devices for such don't exist. If you go non x86 you can get high power i.e talos. But no low power devices of such a nature exist.

Ahahahah stahp
Pure OS is just Ubuntu Gnome reskin, what so special about it? Even Google botnet OS is more interesting because it is based off Gentoo and is specifically tailored for machines it is shipped with.
Oh wow, botnet placebo, questionable placebo, dumb normie placebo, all these addons leak more information about you to third-party adversaries than vanilla Internet Explorer.
Cool, they know how to compile a kernel without proprietary modules
Passable
Shit performance and response time without kernel preemption, do they ship one too?
circles.xcf
Oh my, what OS has no internet support in 2017 besides Temple OS
Sadly, but most science tools are written for proprietary OSes
Real-time kernel?
Fine, it has ffmpeg preinstalled so neckbeards can cut kpop webms
Does it have Virtual Reality support? What about smart assistants?
Bwahahah, does that mean it doesn't even support such basic features like gamma adjustment and color temperature? It's 2017, everyone, no one wants to go blind at age of 30 in the age of technology.
First you tell us about free open source software and then, you present sandboxing feature that is primarily used for suppressing proprietary botnet garbage from phoning home and getting root privileges? Nice, might as well start using bloated Qubes placebo at this point.

Aside all memeing, they need to ship good hardware, not chinese ODM macbook air clones and make a quad-core model.

Ok Jew, we did this shit in the other thread.

Pure OS is based on Debian, not Ubuntu. It doesn't matter how (((Interesting))) you think Jewgle's OS is. A botnet is a botnet.
I'll maybe give you Duckduckgo, but the EFF is legit, and the thing about information leaks is a blatant jewish lie. If it was shit like Ghostery, then yeah you'd have a point, but since they didn't, you don't.
Good.
I think those are to sell the normies on this thing. Also, for graphics, GIMP, Krita, Darktable, etc seem pretty solid.
What?
I think it will also probably come with a GUI video editor as well.
"Yes goyim! Enjoy your cortana and OK google that are totally not logging everything you say, even when not activated"
Not sure on the gamma, but I read that they either have included or are going to include color temperature options directly into GNOME 3.
I think the idea is that if there's a vulnerability in one program, it makes it harder for it to get to other shit.

I agree on the quad-core model. Also, everything is chinese these days.

In X11 every piece of software runs the same IO through the xserver so it's trivial to keylog other programs including DEs and stuff. There's also the problem of like screen locking because that has to tie into other stuff underneath the xserver to be meaningful.

Basically X11 is a clusterfuck and should never be used by anyone anywhere for any reason ever. That's why wayland however shitty is still better.

Ah thanks for the explanation. I assume this was referring to the sandboxing section.
Wayland sounds pretty interesting. And with the main distros like Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, etc actually planning on fully supporting it in GNOME i may at some point start using it. Maybe with sway. Currently on bspwm.

XWayland is basically running a mini-xserver per process so you can still have it sandboxed while using X11 software.

Very nice. I heard about this feature. It's gonna be pretty much necessary to have backwards-compatibility with X11 if stuff like Ubuntu, Fedora, and Debian are going to make it the default.

Ignoring the preinstalled Linux part, I like these:
crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop
pcengines.ch/apu2.htm non-psp AMD CPU with coreboot but intel nics

Music recording requires real-time kernel, fast-paced reaction-based games like Quake too.

And it's not like all assistants are datamining botnet. Why won't they develop local-running one with all their money? Technology supporting that exists already.

has nothing to do with botnet, remote management functions don't work without AMT, and there is no proof other nics aren't backdoored too.
Just go for Turris Omnia, it has 5 ports and Marwell wireless chipset.

nigga gtfo

Nigger.

Enjoy your 10 ms response times, gramps

I did not imply your meme patchset or whatever that is. Audio production distributions often have an option to install a real-time or preemptive kernel.