Logan

Didn't see a thread about it and given the recent buzz I thought it'd be worth making one.

Anyone seen it yet? Why was it shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

rsdb.org/search?q=korean
rsdb.org/search?q=japanese
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was idk ,just boring I guess. I don't think I will remember it after a month.

It was pretty good, it really embraces its R rating. My only issue with it has to do with how the bleak future pretty much makes all the shit done in DOFP pointless.

The story was pretty nonsensical. Nothing was explained and the character development was almost non-existant.

That being said the fight scenes were nice, I just wish X-23 wouldn't screech every two seconds.

I had actually forgotten it was coming out.

they will simply give it the same treatment they give their comicbooks , just have something"big" happen that re-writes everything or just flat out pretend shit never happened and have another reboot .Just look at spiderman

Last acting hurrah by Wolverine and Professor X? pretty much gotta give them credit, the Caliban change of actors ruffled my feathers, and the overall theme of Old Man Logan didn't resonate that well considering the world isn't as crapsack as it was in the first comic series, and the death of the X-Men didn't leave that much impact, because what, the movies were always about Wolverine, and how much screentime did they give the other X-Men for the audience to care? well, kudos to them, X-Men needs a full-on reboot, even the Nu X-Men actors are getting tired and the entire franchise by Fox was never meant to have a cinematic universe.

Isnt the bleak future and mutant genocide always the end result in most X-Men stories?

you must be on the spectrum

From the countless "Age of (Insert here)" Mutants are destined to kill themselves and humanity along with them, fun times and it's been done over and over.

The movie leaves out a lot of crucial plot explanations and just expects you to be fine with it.

It doesn't say how the mutants died out. It just says they did and says "that's enough, why the fuck do you care?"

It's so often that I think the whole movie is basically playing on the whole expected cliche.

Might have been the Legacy Virus.

Well that's pretty stupid then. Saved the world and changed the fucking timeline for none of it to matter in the end. I don't know how Cables future can be even bleaker then.

The problem is they're still gonna milk the young 80's X-men for at least one more movie then just drop em for future X-men as movies leading to that point just kinda happen. So the whole timeline shit's gonna only get more confusing from here on.

This.
What was the point of rebooting everything if it doesn't even matter in the end?

You okay user?

>>>/cuckchan/

Because no one else can write X-Men stories

I fucking HATE the mutant genocide stories since the writers always turn it up to Warhammer 40k levels of PURGE THE MUTANTS.

There was another one where humans werent racist to humans but UH OH mutants enslave humanity.

Well technically it is still a Marvel property. Film wise it ain't owned by them but comic wise they still got em.

Every story is mutant genocide or mutant supremacy. There's no substance with the X-men Hasn't been for decades. It's sad really. It's an alright enough concept that was dragged down by numerous writers that wanted to recapture Days of Future Past and other such stories. Just a waste.

I just wish they could succeed fucking once. Just fucking once can humanity successfully kill the mutants? Give us one victory.

Even in the alternate universe where they nearly did (don't remember the name but I remember Tony was grafted to his suit or something and Hulk was carrying a bomb) all of a sudden the heroes go "nah let's not kill the mutants" and kill the Hulk because the writers can't give humanity a single fucking victory.

If fans had just accepted the Mutants and X-men suck then they would've died/been phased out years ago. But the constant backlash of it from retards has kept them around. I don't like the Inhumans that much but I'd much prefer them over the X-men.

i keep forgetting it's Disney not that it makes that much of a difference

The whole mutant concept was originally just a lazy excuse to explain away each character's powers without giving them a detailed origin story.

If they rebooted it by getting rid of the mutant genes and oppression bullshit and instead made the X-Men a team/school for all kinds of youngsters and teachers with superpowers then Marvel might actually learn to have fun with them for once.

There was one comic series about what if "Everything in the marvel universe going to shit" where all the mutants were destroyed and the X-men were in prison with Kingpin as the warden

I kinda like had Ultimate took on the mutant story

Like I remember when Spiderman was freaking out if he was a mutant but Wolverine told him if he doesnt have the X-Gene then hes no mutant.

It always rustled me how heroes like Captain American or Iron Man could let the sentinel program and the mutant rounding up happen when the X-men were featured with other marvel heroes I have seen people say X-Men only work when no other marvel heroes are around but ehhh that is even worse in my opinion.

X-men really just need their own universe. It makes no sense for them to be hated so much for having powers in a world of powered heroes. Sure as the years go on more and more shit happens because of mutants that makes the hate justified but then every hero should be just as hated if not more.

Xmen is made by Fox, you mongaloid

Segregating the X-Men at this point would be pointless because they're now attached at the hip with so many other Marvel elements that they'd be back at ground zero. More importantly they'd still be dependent on the writers' ability to do stories that aren't just mutant vs. mutant and holocaust/extinction stories.

You need to learn what commas are and how to stop abusing them.

You mean it'd require actual creativity?

Back to >>>/reddit/

Mutants and the X-Gene are such a fictional crapshoot that I'm really not surprised that later writers wanted to genocide every single one of them and start from scratch.

At the beginning, it was hand-waving to give characters powers, so they didn't have to come up with a dozen "accidentally exposed to plot-device" origin stories. Then it became "mutants are the next step of evolution" which makes no fucking sense, because "evolution" doesn't mean "you can shoot lasers out of your eyes".. and then it became a disease that needed to be cured, but you can't fucking cure something genetic like that.. It's like curing someone of having a superior kidney by injecting them with something that makes their Kidney magically vanish. SHIT DON'T WORK THAT WAY.

And then when they started doing shit like 'the meat dimension' and 'omega level' mutants who could unmake reality..

Really good movie, only flaws being that to someone unfamiliar with the characters, it must be really confusing and that it hardly connects with the other movies.

Is it just me or did X-23 seem a bit too smart?

Mary sue levels of smart?

YES!

Of course. There's been more stronk womyn undertones with these X-men related movies lately. This doesn't surprise me too much.

Im going to see it this Tuesday, can't wait.

And now that I think about it, did she really need to be with Logan in the first place?

Gotta get that Last of Us/last bit of Wolverine money that you can. So you need double the Wolverine in there. One to say goodbye too. The other to use as the new face for the movies to come in this mess of a cinematic universe. Least they aren't DC.

(Checked)
That makes sense in writing terms. But plot wise? Eh.

I haven't seen the movie anyway so I can't really answer that. Based on what I've read along with past experience of cape movies and Fox/Marvel/X-men franchise shit in general, I doubt I'll ever actually see it.

do you know what Fox is?

fuck off

Plotwise, it was inevitable. Even if the Reavers didn't have Laura tagged with a tracking device, Logan himself was ridiculously easy to find. It was a matter of time before the Reavers and the nurse approached him for help, being Laura's biological dad and all

I hardly doubt they'll cgi Jackson.

Never said they would. I'm saying they're gonna use X-23 as the new Wolverine face in future movies AFTER they finish with at least one more movie in the past with 80's/90's X-men team.

But they've already CGI'ed Michael. They did an entire South Park on it

I've noticed in a lot of smaller superhero settings, the author will just come up with one origin for why people have powers and stick that on everyone. You're right, that was originally all the mutant thing was before it became a hamfisted metaphor for oppression.

its mediocre as a standalone movie
however normies are gonna wanna see it anyway because
BRAND
NAME

actually, i take back the mediocre part
its unremarkable

The message they first came up with was that gaining mutant powers was like puberty, because it happens around that same age, and there's all the confusion and self discovery that's supposed to come with puberty.

Then they changed it to civil rights, because that was happening, so being a mutant was like being a nigger being told to go back to Africa… And then it became an allegory for being gay, right around the time they really started with the "curing" mutants storylines.

If they hadn't wiped away most of the mutants, I'm sure they'd be an allegory for rapefugees in the latest books.

It was alright. Better than the othee Wolverine movies, but that isn't saying much. The main problem was it ended with virtually all the important questions unanswered.

[spoiler]Where was Magneto? If he was alive, couldn't he just pull out Logan's adamantium as he's done before? Where were all the other X-Men and how did they die? Did Xavier kill some important people in his seizure before?

It just felt like a forced legacy ending. I'd be okay with Logan's death if some of the main mutant cast were still around, but they want me to watch a fucking X-23 film? Fox can blow me. [/spoiler]

FUCK SHIT PISS

I thought it was obvious. Charles had a stroke that killed pretty much everyone, and evil corp killed the rest with anti mutant drugs in the food\water supply.

I'm honestly fine with the legacy thing as long as X23 doesn't turn into snarky quip girl.

Jesus. These movies just make me side with the anti mutant sides more and more.

I hate both sides since they are always poorly written.

Yep

That's fair.

You have to go back.

Sure

Still kinda confused how the world turned to shit.

Who?

Will they ever going to make a happy ending for x-men?

Immediate and sudden erase from the universe is the only good ending they can possibly get. Or the rights get sold to Japan.

Hold your horses kid, storywise not derailing shit with unrealted stuff.

If it ends

SHOCK!

Literal fucking maximum genocide tier for no reason and or death camps just because "lol mutants got to be purged" always poorly written in the bad light

The best and brightest of the entire planet always seen in the good light to the point of making far off mutant civilizations with multiple achievements in the technological,medical and various other fields.

The only good anti mutant character I have ever seen was this alternate universe where the fucking punisher lost his family to mutants so he becomes a general in the army to destroy mutants.

Many mutants are basically walking nukes, if people have a problem with nuclear proliferation why wouldn't they hate phoenix tier mutants!? Not to mention all psychics are the biggest security and espionage risks known to man.

I wonder if TMS could have done a whole show of that quality. They really made those openings look like the Jim Lee comics of the time.

They mostly do easy colorful stuff now

Didn't Charles say that he could essentially wipe out humanity with a single thought, thanks to Cerebro? It was during a period in which he was being forced to use Cerebro to either track down some mutants or kill some humans. It did show that Charles can link everyone up on the planet and control them if he ever felt like it. That's a massive issue if Charles was ever compromised by some sort of entity.

Real is

When was this addressed?

X2 is a good example.

Just got back from the film.
It was ok. Probably wont watch it again any time soon, or ever own it. The fights were prety good at times, though there was lots of running at guys with guns while they dont shoot you. I like how Logan was not straight up immortal in this one.

The first scenes of the movie were kind of a mess of a bunch of things going on at once, and you dont find out too much about the bad guys besides the fact that they are making weaponized mutants.

There will never be happy ending for the X-men, because Professor X, and his vision of a world where humans and mutants co-exist is wrong. Not only wrong, but pathetically naive, a child's dream suspended by wishful thinking.

Mutants and humans are wholly different groups with different needs and different capabilities. There is no "one-size-fits-all" society that is capable on effectively accommodating both. In nature, varying subspecies do not peacefully co-exist. One always establishes dominance over another. The strong survive, the weak perish. Mutantkind's very existence is rooted in this fact, and a educated man like Charles Xavier ignoring natural selection going into play is ludicrous.

Magneto had the right idea with Genosha. A wholly separate ethnostate that meets the needs of mutantkind and keeps them apart from humanity at large is the ideal way of ensuring the two species can exist in tandem. With two separate ecosystems the eventuality of domination need not come to pass. But with Xavier's dream of "co-existence," all he can do is send in his X-men to continue diffusing conflict which will eventually boil over to a point he cannot contain.

Better than no real endings to the point that it becomes less of a story and more of a soulless product. See IDW Dredd.

You know Im not even Holla Forums and this makes perfect sense. Which is why Marvel had to destroy it because it did.

Maybe all humans would naturally become mutants or maybe not. Let mutants have their own spot (Plenty space on the moon).

Its outright bad for both sides. Mutants can be much more comfortable when they have a level playing field and Humans don't have to look out for guys that might incinerate them when they sneeze.

Yeah but their stuff is still pretty detailed. If you look at the two most recent Lupin series, the animation quality is incredible. Which leads me to believe that they could conceivably make an X-Men show that looks as good as those openings.

For the action bits, they still fall into average Japanese timesaving pitfalls, anyone can make anything pretty with Premiere Pro and a good person behind the coloring. Honestly besides some Gibi films, I can't really recall a tv show that had the jaw and mouth movements accurately animated.

It's a nice movie. But it's the same shit as all other wolverine movies. It's not about wolverine. Just a character that happens to have the same name (and powers) than its comic book counterpart.
In all the movies Logan is a wimpy fella that is running away of everything, more often than not, he is lost on what to do. A huge difference from the comic book character that is the best at what he does.
Don't believe me? Watch the movie, you'll notice that Logan NEVER fucking wins a fight by himself.

Pretty enjoyable high note for a franchise of otherwise middle-of-the-road movies

Did anyone else have trouble figuring out exactly which movies were canon in terms of this movie? I know the referenced X1 and X2.

Neither X1 or X2 should be canon in this timeline.

I had a choice of Logan or John Wick: Chapter 2. I went with Wick and regret absolutely nothing.

There's already a cam out.

Days of Future Past altered the timeline

I marathoned all the X-Men movies released up to that point a couple years ago (so before Apocalypse came out) and I can say without fear of contradiction that pretty much all of them are X-Men in name only.

gooks are koreans and vietnamese
rsdb.org/search?q=korean
japanese are nips, japs, tojo and some others
rsdb.org/search?q=japanese

it's ok to be racist but it's not ok to degrade the language of your culture

IT was a nice end, hopefully they go off with a bang.

It*

lel

I get that it's cliche, but they go for those extremes because it's interesting. If they went for a slice of life, it would be petty tumblr shit like microaggressions instead.

well as for mutant refugees, there is genosha

rule 34 on this boy?

I think they're deliberately vague about it; see Logan's comment about the comic books ('Only a quarter of it happened, and it didn't happen that way')

He probably can't get it up anymore.

Interesting to see the franchise takes on what happens when people with superpowers get old. Charles going senile is a danger to himself and everyone around him, and Logan's body is basically collapsing on itself.

The relationship between Charles and Logan is interesting; a lot of it is the sadly normal dementia patent lashing out at their caregiver, but also Charles seems so disappointed in Logan basically having regressed into an amoral mercenary, too afraid of losing everyone he cares about for the umpteenth time to start caring about anyone else.

He can't anymore, Adamantium poisoning along with Not-Legacy Virus messing up mutant powers, some suppressing the X-Gene and making sure there is no more mutant births.

Pretty much Fox never planned for this being a universal franchise, and the only way to get Yuge Jackie Man and Captain Picard back is to get the X-Men to the MCU, Jackman wants a Wolverine versus Hulk movie and a team-up with Captain America and Iron Man, not even Ryan Dreadpool begging him can get back to return.

I think it was something the doctor put in the water or something. I missed his line near the end

Considering her strength and military training, it made sense

Something happened at West Chester where Charles first had a seizure and killed a ton of people, including most of the X-Men.

The Doctor (Xander, I think?) mentions in a single line that they genetically engineered corn so that soda and everything that uses corn syrup would gradually weed out the x-gene and stop mutants from being born in the first place.

It's also briefly mentioned that Pierce and Caliban were part of an organization that hunted down and gathered up mutants years ago.

But it's all secondary stuff because the focus of the movie is supposed to be Logan falling apart and trying to redeem himself.

In all seriusness Batman is the onlyone who ever sweated bleed and cryed to become Batman, but he could do it because he was still filthy rich

How much of a The Last Of Us ripoff is it?

what bothered me was Charles's decision to stay overnight at that family's house knowing fully well that they can track them with ease l.

So I'm guessing Daken doesn't make an appearance in this movie, since no one is talking about him?

Say what you will about nip shit endings
At least they FINISH their series every now and then
Name one mainstream western long runing comic series that has HAD an ending

X-23 is never in any real danger, and Logan never has to teach her to survive, because she's already trained with crazy murder skills and instincts.

Plus, the world isn't destroyed. The trailers make it look like it's post-apocalyptic, like it's Old Man Logan in movie form, but it's not. It's more like Wolverine's life went to shit and adamantium poisoning started kicking in, so he's a fucked up mess. Also some stuff happened to the X-Men and Charles Xavier has some brain issues.

I don't think they knew at that point Caliban was working for them, though I might be wrong.

Though it was at Charles' insistence, and Logan couldn't say no to him when he's finally acting like Professor X again.

If anything Laurie is more dangerous than Logan, you give a little girl a huge healing factor and indestructible claws and you basically get the world's most brutal blender.

The world is a pretty shitty place, but more in the sadly plausible sense (urban decay, automation likely causing massive unemployment, mercenaries killing American citizens with impunity) rather than full post-apoc.

what about when she got harpooned?

I liked it a lot. I thought it was a self-contained, one-shot story that takes a more plausible and realistic look at a world with mutants and how mutants would end up in that world. Bad End for everyone.

Some anons have been trying to figure out how it fits into the X-Men movieverse, but I don't think it does, not with how self-aware it is. I don't want to call the movie meta, but it is pretty self-aware, especially when Logan describes the comics as "ice cream for bedwetters." There are some hints of the previous movies in "Logan," like the katana he has on the wall in his room, but I think that the other movies, like how Logan describes the comics, didn't happen that way.

It's not that hard to place. It takes place in the future after the events of DOFP that caused a altered timeline where everything was okay for the X-men.

I've always liked the X-Men franchise because it has a better balance of new edgy/tacticool with silver age silliness unlike any other capeshit nowadays. I've only skipped wolverine in Japan shit and Apocalypse since the disappointment of DoFP.
I believe I have a good grasp of my sister personality and what can she take or is mature enough to see like I allow her to watch Frozen but not Zootopia until she's 13 or Invader Zim.

Anyways 7.8/10 overrated but not bad.

A harpoon only hurts people who can't immediately cut it off and then remove it and then instantaneously heal a harpoon wound.

You should complain to management and get him fired.

This. She was accompanied by an adult.

THISSSS

He was the manager, I claimed my money back but since I bought Kong tickets I couldn't claim that I was disappointed on the Kong screening.
Besides that I didn't had the Constitution in my pocket they in fact from there on they actually got a reserved rights rule… sorry for that.

Well, that's what's important

I really liked it, was a lot of fun, most of the Fox X-men shit is terrible but Wolverine was the best part of it all so it's nice to see that this movie is basically just his send off with him being able to go full animal on people.

I'll give it a 8/10.

Yeah why not.
I found that it could've been a little more shorter and I found it really awkward, then as I said I always came to the X-men movies for a little more Silver Age feel so going this way in LOGAN felt super uncomfortable.
But definitely Kudos on actually feeling adult, I don't know what it is but every death that would just be a number in any other R-rated movie has some undeniable feel of weight here.

I believe that is because of what I consider Capeshit I.e.
If you tell me that Supes doesn't kills his enemies I believe you because he was raised in rural christian Kansas where everyone tries to be the best they can be.
I believe Batman wouldn't kill because trauma and shit.
But if you tell me that warrior raised Wonder Woman doesn't slash up her enemies I call you bullshit.
Logan as a soldier of 5 wars here at least obviously doesn't have a problem with killing anyone trying to kill him but I never got mad at the first X-Men movies because I saw it as him trying to better himself while still fighting and this movie really feels like all that progress thrown to the gutter with each kill.
I don't remember DoFP that well, is this the same Wolverine from the original X-men movies

Remember how Jackman said this movie would have been in alternate universe beyond the post-DOFP timeline? That is how. I mean they reference shit from X1 and X2… And possibly even X-Men Origins.

Because of such underage b& opinions I left fucking 4chan 7 years ago.

And now the stupid fucks are here.

"LOLOL LOGAN WAS SHIT LETS POST DEVIANT ART WEBCOMICS!"

Hippolyta sure, she fought in ancient wars, but Diana was raised a warrior with no-one to fight, she'd be conversant with all ancient weapons, but used more to heavy sparring, like the Dog Brothers, as opposed to just taking heads like her mother.
Unless it's a Wonder Woman who fought in WW1 or WW2. Isn't the WW2 WW Hippolyta now?

Fucking spellcheck keeps trying to turn "Hippolyta" into Hippopotamus or Chipolata.

See that would be logical. We don't live in a very logical world.

Zoo Crew movie when?

On second thought >>>/suicide/ might be more your speed.

Logan that can't heal is a dead mutie

The most unthreatening bad guy in cape movie history

what the fuck did they do to the reavers? Jesus christ, they look like a bunch of nu-male faggots that happen to have a couple of robot arms here and there

You haven't actually given it any positives though. You're just upset people won't suck from the same cock you are.

I saw both and liked both. I have no qualms about either one.