Signal

I've collected a few editions of 'Signal' magazine from the internet and want to share them with you.
Signal was a magazine published by the German Wehrmacht from 1940 through 1945.
Signal was a modern, glossy, illustrated photo journal and army propaganda tool, meant specifically for audiences in neutral, allied, and occupied countries. A German edition was distributed in Switzerland and to various other countries with a strong German military presence, but Signal was never distributed in Germany proper. The promoter of the magazine was the chief of the Wehrmacht propaganda office, Colonel Hasso von Wedel. Signal was published fortnightly (plus some special issues) in as many as 25 editions and 30 languages, and at its height had a circulation of 2,500,000 copies. It was available in the United States in English until December 1941. The last number was 6/45, only known in one sample from the Swedish edition.

I have a few in the collection, but I'm always looking for more. If you have any more, or links to them, please upload them or at the very least link them, so I can compile them.
Unfortunately all the copies that I've found so far are in Italian, which is great news if you can speak it but my German is better than my Italian. English copies are hard to find.

Any other German ww2 magazines, feel free to post as well.
If I find enough versions of Der Adler (Luftwaffe magazine) I'll upload them too.

mega.nz/#fm/qwcywQiC

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!j5E2mJyS!ihUqqcvSlSNRLZ6oUnAK_kH7hmOFMDuxyWiSYqDsGpo
simplicissimus.info/index.php?id=6
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/what-does-your-connection-is-not-secure-mean
fedoramagazine.org/letsencrypt-now-available-fedora/
virtuallyhyper.com/2013/04/setup-your-own-certificate-authority-ca-on-linux-and-use-it-in-a-windows-environment/
simplicissimus.info/index.php?id=6&tx_lombkswjournaldb_pi1[action]=index&tx_lombkswjournaldb_pi1[controller]=YearRegister&cHash=7bd725116f2142fe2a3b2ba7faa1a7e6
4shared.com/archive/uHimQJciba/Simplicissimus_33-34.html
signalmagazine.com/signal.htm
simplicissimus.info/uploads/tx_lombkswjournaldb/pdf/1/$i/$i\_$o.pdf
startpage.com/do/dsearch?query=kalergi
solargeneral.org/wp-content/uploads/library/ss-race-theory.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you download, please post in the thread to keep this bump. I imagine quite a lot of people will want to see these.

Final bump

Asking for a login. I'm not making an account for this.

Nice finds, though.

Huh? I might have posted the wrong link

I'd really like to read these, I've been fascinated in Signal for some time.

I speak no Italian however so would need the English or German edition.

I'd really like to read these, I've been fascinated in Signal for some time.

I speak no Italian however so would need the English or German edition.

POSTED THE WRONG LINK LADS

Actual link

mega.nz/#!j5E2mJyS!ihUqqcvSlSNRLZ6oUnAK_kH7hmOFMDuxyWiSYqDsGpo

It's pretty good for the pictures etc. There is some German throughout the magazines.

see

Cool

I am Spanish, I can understand Italian with some effort. So thanks.

For the rest of you, may I suggest to use Optical Character Recognition and a translation service?

Sweet, thanks

bumping

Bump

Did anyone check?
Is this disguised cheese pizza or malware or a spybot?

It's legit, thanks

This is what it looks like unpacked
Not to say there's nothing hidden in the pages of the PDFs, that's always possible, but this is what's in the link

I see a lot of meme potential in here.

This is now an OC meme thread.

Kek

Well fuck. One last bump before bed. This thread would be livelier in less turbulent times. Good stuff, OP.

Directing interested anons to Simplicissimus simplicissimus.info/index.php?id=6

I have a vpn, so I've exceeded bandwidth. Can anyone post a torrent?

How big is it?

Your connection is not secure

The owner of www.simplicissimus.info has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Try www.simplicissimus.info

Same.. this is too recent, too raw to be disconnected from. The potential wasted is unfathomable. Life could have been so much better.

It's a weird layout, some pages have the exact same text in German and Italian side by side then full German articles with parts in Italian and vice versa. Was it trying to encourage people to learn both languages? I hear very few Italians speak German and it's seen as impressive if a native Italian can speak it.

>simplicissimus.info/index.php?id=6

Still getting that error, you need a new certificate,
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/what-does-your-connection-is-not-secure-mean

I think you can use fedoramagazine.org/letsencrypt-now-available-fedora/ for a free certificate.

A few more free certs,
virtuallyhyper.com/2013/04/setup-your-own-certificate-authority-ca-on-linux-and-use-it-in-a-windows-environment/

Collecting heaps of screenshots on my phone, do I need to change the filenames of these screenshots for privacy reasons in the same way you can track someones fb through their filename they have if they downloaded it from fb? Got a huge dump standing by.

>"Ja, das juden!"

Thank you. Du bist ein wunderbarer Neger!

I'd imagine not, but upload them to a pc and change the names there if you feel like it.

I'll look shortly and see how long it will take to download then upload. I'll only get issues from 1933-1945, might do a separate one later.

Testing, all I could see would be the date in the filename.

Seems that the first set of numbers is the date but the second seems to either be the order or the time, should hopefully be fine

There are fucking LOADS of issues, there are 52 per year. I'll get started on it, but it will have to be broken down into years. Don't expect it finished quickly.

I'm going to post the first year (33-34) but I'm not going to have internet for the next couple weeks as of later today.

This is the link to the years, if someone wants to continue from where I'm leaving off
simplicissimus.info/index.php?id=6&tx_lombkswjournaldb_pi1[action]=index&tx_lombkswjournaldb_pi1[controller]=YearRegister&cHash=7bd725116f2142fe2a3b2ba7faa1a7e6

4shared.com/archive/uHimQJciba/Simplicissimus_33-34.html

Dump stuff here

ill thank you with some wallpapers here

Can you post this on /pdfs/, OP?

theyre compressed wrong,
i cant open any pdf

THIS might be welcome

signalmagazine.com/signal.htm

thanks for sharing OP, this is some very fine stuff

'die Juden' surely?

yep

Very cool op, very cool.

Bumping

You idiot.

The one who needs a valid certificate is the site owner, not the user.

And a self-signed certificate will trigger an error on any web browser, you are supposed to use one which has been signed by a trusted certificate authority. Which means you (the site owner) have to pay cash.

> Simplicissimus simplicissimus.info/index.php?id=6
Learn to use wget.
I am downloading from the last ones.

Here is the wget command to get them in order, btw.

It will save them with the same structure that the website. If you want to save the pdf files directly to the folder where you run wget, remove '-r'

for i in {01..49}; do for o in {01..52}; do wget -r simplicissimus.info/uploads/tx_lombkswjournaldb/pdf/1/$i/$i\_$o.pdf -c; done; done

what is kalergi and why is it depressing?

startpage.com/do/dsearch?query=kalergi

White Genocide

Either I am going crazy, or some comments where deleted since the other day. Anyways, some guy asked for this sort of stuff:

solargeneral.org/wp-content/uploads/library/ss-race-theory.pdf

So what, no storytime?