Can Most Expensive Indie Movie Ever Break Even?

youtube.com/watch?v=SJQWvw9nLTI

LOS ANGELES—The new science-fiction spectacle “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets” opens with a memorable montage of intergalactic communities joining to form a giant space colony, all set to the tune of David Bowie’s “Space Oddity.”

“Under Pressure” would have worked, too.

“Valerian” arrives in theaters on July 21 already boasting an unusual, and high-stakes, record: It is believed to be the most expensive film in history that wasn’t made by one of the six major studios. Its $180 million production budget is in line with costly competitors like “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” but its production company, Paris-based EuropaCorp , is a fraction of the size of Hollywood’s major players.

A 3-D extravaganza that’s been called a cross between “Avatar” and “Star Wars,” “Valerian” will have to overcome a host of obstacles to turn a profit. Released in the most competitive part of the summer movie season, it’s the only big budget movie that isn’t based on characters or franchises already well known to audiences. There is also the foreign nature of the name itself, “Valerian,” based on a French comic book. “To a U.S. audience, that is an unfamiliar name,” acknowledges EuropaCorp Chief Executive Marc Shmuger.

archive.fo/6lVNm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_shrCoqWh9k
####.nz/#F!oRV31ZBb
####.nz/#!YJUCXAhD
####.nz/#!RMMiCbrR
archive.fo/V8RiM
hollywoodreporter.com/news/funny-die-alternative-constitution-president-trump-9709
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hope this aryan kino will succeed but (((you know who))) will probably make sure that it doesn't. Not only do they wish to prove that there isn't a market for films targeted at white people but there's also the fact that this threatens their power. All big blockbusters must be under their control.

The protagonist is a nu-male

Cara I love you.

Dead on arrival

Is that a nice way of saying "this isn't a remake, sequel or based off tired Ameriburger capeshit, therefore it'll fail"?

Kill yourself Cara

The movie is pro-multi cult and the bad guys are ethno nationalists.

Vive la France!

Another trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=_shrCoqWh9k

Pathetic, Cara is the epytom of beauty, you are salty because she will never grace you of her presence.

I loved Cara first!

why it should be supported tbh.

but didn't even the Fifth Element kinda bomb?

I loved Cara the first time I knew about her 5 years ago

noah was an expensive indie movie

>>>/christian/

Indie technically means anything made outside the studio system

Noah was vegan kino.

Jew spotted

The jew is afraid.

Yeah no shit they can't make it back. It's bloated. You could make 500+ innovative feature length indie films with that money. A big reason why cinema is so shit right now is because they'd rather pump millions into a sure thing like Marvel than diversify and do a few different smaller budget films.

pick one and only one

It will be a success, we all love Cara.

but there's almost zero pressure in space

THAT FUCKING PLATFORM GUN SUCKS
the part where he uses a gun to shoot platforms to walk on looks like shit
In a modern videogame the platform would react when the player steps on it, it would move down lightly or have some form of visual effect impact when stepping on it. But in the movie, fucking nothing, it looks like ass!!!!

this will not be remembered in a decade at all

Besson fucked up by casting young actors instead of middle-age (closer to the comic), big names; especially considering how much he invested on the movie.

Jean Reno and Bruce Willis can carry a movies of this scope, but What's His Name and the stupid bimbo can't.

I like Cara too but why stick her in some starshit rip-off? I wish Cara would act in some actual kino sometime soon and not trash. She has such a unique look, like an attractive Frida Kahlo.

If it's not like the foam gun from Shadow Complex/Prey then it's already failed.

I think Cara might be popular enough. Question is if Besson and Cara's Masonic connections are enough to beat the synagogue of Satan.

The most millennial post I've ever seen.

are they playing siblings in this?

No, they are a couple.

they do look similar in some respects; sunken eye, downturned mouth and manjaw so bix nood i guess

To be honest, they do look like siblings.

tbh i wish dane still posted

he got so freaked out that people figured out who he was, despite giving blaring details.

who?

the cuck to the left of cara

They are just aesthetic.
Gave me a chuckle.

lemme expand on that real quick:

after chronicle came out, like a year or so, dane posted on half/tv/ that he was a dude who was in a movie that was recently a success despite having a low budget. chronicle was literally the only film that matched the description, so people figured he was dane dehaan (ugliest and most autistic), and he started freaking out in his responses, vehemently denying it.

it's like whenever you see someone post about jay baruchel in a positive form, it's actually jay baruchel posting about himself.

Did Dane post here? How do you know it was him?

Shame he stopped posting. He should have come here, we appreciate kino.

see

Dane is pretty cute tbh. I'd give him my number.

user, this is a movie, they're not allowed to show movies with a couple where both members are white anymore.

it's luc besson though, he hates niggers and has no problem portraying cis white couples.

Read the thread, this is the final white kino blockbuster if the jews get their way. It's beyond the long bloodsucking noses of Kikewood and if it is successful it is a threat to their monopoly and politics.

It would be a heterosexual relationship, Mr. Pence.

A MtF transgender is still male.

Jay is a pretty humble and chill guy with many talents tho, so it's no surprise that people on the chans like him

So who are the two dudes in your image?

Sorry, I just clicked the archive link and read about some guy (tranny, I guess) named "Cara"

He's almost femanine-looking enough to pass as a woman. Pretty disgusting, tbqh fam.

i hope it bombs

Um… what does this unrelated factoid have to do with anything?

what did the savior of white kino mean by this?

I'm not sure but it made me laugh.

something got lost in translation there

ebin

Is he comic good?

you tell me

it's a pg-13 film, don't expect any of that.

it's a European pg-13 film tho

Nice. I will probably buy a couple of issues. Don't have anyone to take and see the film with me who would appreciate it though. This is why the white kino will fail, we're too atomised and going to the cinema is a social experience.

It's gonna get buried by Dunkirk

Wrong, it's going to bury Dunkirk.

it also has a curvy, obviously female woman in it. Don't expect any of that in this film either

That's a pity, cause it might be the first big budget movie worth to be seen on the big screen in years. I don't think there's anything wrong or stigmatizing with going to the cinema alone, or you could take the kids of some relative with you to show them actual cinema.

Dunkike will bomb. Dolan will wish he delayed the release so it didn't coincide with the return of white cinema.

I'd go see this except for Cara. Can't stand seeing that bitch's annoying face for some reason.

I found this on leddit when searching for a torrent or download of some kind, I think it's complete.

>####.nz/#F!oRV31ZBb

>####.nz/#!YJUCXAhD

>####.nz/#!RMMiCbrR

poetry

triggered ✔
bumblistered ✔
stormweenie inbred pride mocked ✔

beats being a cumskin porkie

Is that poop?

Whites win again!

Yes, there's a niggerNEET from Germany who spends all day posting pictures of shit here.

We should get the mods to ban him.

Are there still mods here?

lol, they're literally paid money just to exist, and given jobs they aren;t qualified for because of diversity hiring

you think the pigs are gonna save you on the Internet?

see you fuckbois when this pos movie bombs, I am looking forward to the cumskin salt, as if salty wasn't your default state

noah was written by atheists though???

the fact that you're still going on shows that you're the only one here that's mad lmao.

keep crying cumskin

why is watching white women take black dick so satisfying?

It degrades everybody.

because that is what cumskins were made for

I'm not sure Goldberg, I'm not sure.

English ver. didn't have the last three comics
mega.nz/#F!oNtW1K7R!cigZcgrz_48vklv6J-9_IA

Never catching on, freech.

Thanks, user.

Fucking reported Jew or Muslim spotted.

I am coming for you.

Black penis literally looks like poop, it's repulsive.

Ok stop with the zoophilia posts it is derailing the thread and it is overall gross or I will report you and this time gor real.
My wife just died three days ago, someone has just stolen my car and fucked up my dog.

Ahah user must feel pretty bad to get upset on the Internet.

IT LOOKS LIKE YA SHIT AND I REFUSE TO SEE IT

By today's standards, thats cheap. Though I believe they spent as much on marketing as the usual studios, so a $360 million total budget is likely. Even so, this is mid-range compared to other movies. Furthermore, there is no way you could prove that the money would have gone and made 500+ good, or even better, movies.

You're not entirely wrong, however, you should ask yourself: why would a kinomaître like Besson, a man who started his carreer by directing music videos, a master of the craft who's among the finest audiovisual composers of film history commit such a mistake when it comes to a movie that he's been planning for two decades, one that he intends to be his magnum opus? He either lost the knowledge of his craft and his experience of almost 40 years in filmmaking evaporated into thin air, or this inconsistency is entirely intended on his part. While unusual, any intellectually honest man will be inclined to accept the latter case to be more logical, and thus more likely.

Throughout history, writers and artists incorporated discrepancies and seemingly out-of-place elements into crucial parts of their works to emphasize a hidden dimension of meaning underneath them. This method served a twofold aim: first, to conceal the author's central tenet, perceived as a threat to the dominant moral and political views in the society from censorship, and second, to separate the elect few, possessing the intellect to read between the lines and receive and incorporate the work's esoteric meaning from the masses for whom the exoteric meaning of the work was satisfactory. A somewhat well known historical example would be Buonarroti covering the walls behind the altar of Sacellum Sixtinum with images of the last judgment in defiance of the schemer and nepotist Pope Paul III.

The question that arises then is what suppressed concept does Bowie's artistic persona represents that serves as a leitmotiv connecting the dominant themes of the movie. As established in the article, the opening shows the the construction of the Alpha spacestation set to the Thin White Duke's Space Oddity.
This gets us back to the eternal questions of Holla Forums: is he /ourguy/, and what did he mean by this?

Wow, I would love to read your writings.

Stopped reading right there

Wew lad, the jokes write themselves.

Wow a french comic with nudity. What a shock?

Don't these people have sex all the time and see nude people in real life? why do they still need nudity in all their cartoons and comics and movies?

Why do they make these long ass titles that no one will hope to remember for a long time so they could recommend it to a friend?

“Avatar” and “Star Wars” are easily pronounceable and get their shit to the point.
It's almost as if it was decided through mediation and 2 months of bickering with getting the title as one that "everyone could agree to disagree" with.

Oh, marxist propaganda?
Pass.

You could just call it Valerian. And the unification thing is more like the Third Reich than a marxist world state.

I would have fuck you if you didn't go to that Jewish radio station.

she has a controversial face.

French are known to be more perverted than the japanese since WWI
Imagine, they even had Louis CK breeding grounds in the 70's!

So pretty. Men would have nothing to live for without them

can you pull up the thread on 4plebs so I can see dane's posts

C'est la faute des juifs, without them and now The Muslims and niggers we would be fine.
Never let someone enter into your home.

A hot face.

Don't pretend you guys didn't enjoy all that jungle fever, arabian nights and rice fields for some years
But even the japs knew you don't cum where you eat

I have a tough time believing that most french girls haven't been diddled before they're 8

MAN WHO (((SOLD))) THE WOLD

its not even written by bowie but they obviously claim it was, just to kikestart his career

Alcoholics deserve everything bad that happens to them.

Other projects that the Jew Fuckin Kike who faked his death started like the whole we'll be on the moon by the end of the decade failure that had to be hoaxed is obviously also referred to in this "artists" (Not even written by him but still "his") songs.
Heeb elders be glad that countries of the world are actually run like a cartel instead of competing with each other or else the russians would have obviously revealed the scam.

Touché but we have to rise again , because or fathers were so cuck.
We have no other solutions but victory we must exterminate the invaders sadly the USA will enter the war but even if I am a Catholic my final statement is see you in Valhalla.
As our great master Jean Parisot de Valette I am proud to have served such wonderful countrymen I am prepared tp serve the cross.
They have awaken the sense of Justice in our hearts there is no more civilians any more.

What's up with the colors on this photo..?

High class black women want to be white. Thus the weave.

Why did I unspoiled this shit

Кино.

It is his fascination with Hitler and the Nazis that David’s fans would most like to forget — in particular, one notorious moment in May 1976.

Arriving in London on the Orient Express, he was met at Victoria Station by a chauffeur driving his newly-acquired black convertible Mercedes.
Finally he emerged from the train, wearing a black shirt which, to some, recalled the attire of Oswald Mosley’s followers, once so admired by David’s fascist-supporting mother.
He then stood up in the open-topped Mercedes, raised his arm and made what looked like the Nazi salute.

Afterwards he flatly denied it, insisting he had merely been waving to the crowds.
It didn’t help that David, who died on Sunday aged 69, had once said of Hitler:

Though David may have sounded devastated, he did not allow the furore to derail his plans and spent the next year or more living in relative seclusion in Berlin, where his interest in Nazi memorabilia grew.
His then lover, model Winona Williams, joined him there and recalled:

archive.fo/V8RiM

And what the fuck is it supposed to mean? Did they just mash together the titles of the first two books - The City of Shifting Waters and The Empire of a Thousand Planets?

Didn't Bowie marry a black woman?

Yup. As far as blacks go, she doesn't look too bad.

Nigger, every Star Wars Movie has 3 titles. Just call it Valerian and drag what few friends you have to a moving picture house to save the white race from (((them))).

Watched the trailers
Marxist shit. The enemy is probably a white robot with a yellow wig.

I won't be seeing this marxist Avatar-Star Wars ripoff. It's just another CGI trap with shit actors.
And probably an astroturf.
kek

The main actor looks like shit. They at least could have found someone that had some good nights sleep.
The actress is fine but just another tough girl.

It would probably be fine if it wasn't made by current year hipsters.

Game of Thrones movie?

I'd like to see a movie with CGI trap tbh

She looks like a guy.

Having read through his interviews he's either signalling us, or he's actually autistic. Seriously, please go and see this white kino in the kinema so he doesn't go bankrupt and won't have to resort to making capeshit extravaganza.

I want to meet the guys you know, user.

gaaayyy

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Not if they look like Cara.

Well that is the modern aryan.

Thanks to kikes putting chemicals in the water and food.

these goyim have some fucking chutzpah!

tits or GTFO

You should look at the titles of Light Novels.

CARA DELEVIGNE ISN'T APPEALING

Does he speak fluent English?

The jews are already pitting it against a Wrinkle in Time remake/adaption.

I want to fuck her eyebrows.

Name a single flaw.

I hope it blows A Nigger in Time out of the water. Fuck those people for ruining one of my favorite childhood books.

Do you guys think this film is okay to watch with my gf? I'm thinking she might get jelly of Cara's looks. That's why they made the mouth of sauron the protagonist of TFA, to make her safe for female audiences.

Real nasty looking eyes

Those caterpillars on her forehead she calls eyebrows. I want to know what her vagina looks like.

Every oldfags user love Cara, she is so beautiful and graceful, can't wait to see the film.

That's her best feature though.

Flat chest.

Her firm tiny boobs are so yummy.

Pleb-tier.

Strong eyebrows=/=looks like a guy

Praisw Cara!

Stolen generation ya

Can I praise her by kissing her?

Cara is too lanky for me tbh.

Found the manlet.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/funny-die-alternative-constitution-president-trump-9709

dropped

what do commie scabs mean by this?

Pretty cool Trump fanfiction tbh.

Whatever gave you the idea that they want to live in a country with western values?

women should have never been able to vote
stupid wenches

She just does what her overlords tell her to do, all women are like that.