Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio officially charged with criminal contempt

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio officially charged with criminal contempt.

archive.is/42tI0

The longtime sheriff of metropolitan Phoenix was charged Tuesday with criminal contempt-of-court for ignoring a judge's order in a racial-profiling case, leaving the 84-year-old lawman in a tough spot two weeks before Election Day as he seeks a seventh term.

Prosecutors promised two weeks ago that they would charge Sheriff Joe Arpaio, but the misdemeanor count wasn't officially filed against him until U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton signed it.

Arpaio could face up to six months in jail if convicted. A misdemeanor conviction would not bar Arpaio from serving as sheriff.

Democratic challenger Paul Penzone said Arpaio, through his acts of political defiance, has no one to blame but himself for the charge.

"It's another example of the sheriff putting his own personal objectives ahead of the best interest of the community at our expense," Penzone said.

Arpaio lawyer Mel McDonald said the sheriff will contest the charge. "We believe that when the final chapter is written, he will be vindicated," McDonald said.

McDonald said Arpaio will not be arrested and no mugshot will be taken. He will plead not guilty in a court filing.

The criminal charges stem from the profiling case that Arpaio lost three years ago that morphed into a contempt case after the sheriff was accused of defying a 2011 court order to stop his signature immigration patrols.

Arpaio has acknowledged violating U.S. District Judge Murray Snow's order but insists his disobedience was not intentional.

Snow disagreed, concluding Arpaio knowingly continued the patrols because he believed his immigration enforcement efforts would help his 2012 re-election campaign.

Arpaio ran a TV political ad last week saying the Obama administration's Justice Department planned to prosecute him because of its opposition to his immigration enforcement efforts.

In the past, Arpaio has walked away from criminal investigations without facing charges and still has managed to get re-elected.

He faced a federal investigation four years ago on allegations that he retaliated against two local officials and a judge at odds with him by accusing them of corruption.

His office also was investigated for misspending more than $100 million in jail funds, including on those failed investigations into rival officials and his traffic patrols targeting immigrants who are in the country illegally.

Neither investigation led to prosecution of the sheriff or his employees.

County taxpayers have spent $48 million so far to defend Arpaio and his office in the profiling case. The cost is expected to reach $72 million by next summer.

The contempt violation led the judge to order the creation of a taxpayer-funded system for compensating Latinos who were illegally detained when Arpaio ignored the order.

Maricopa County officials have set aside $1 million for funding the system.

What, you goyim thought you lived in the land of the free? Better not cross the government or you'll be next
We're only the land of the free when we're also the home of the brave

The liberals should be forced to pay back the tax payers money that they wasted even if it means it comes outs out the education funds.

I hope Trump pardons him the first day he gets in office. The mexicans down here are so afraid of him. He's the only thing keeping this place from becoming actually mexico 2.0.

Of course the kikes have found that the easiest way to control their agenda is to gain the courts, which they have owned for many years now. Of course the usual argument is that "The courts say it is so, he is breaking the law!" Also, even if a justification is made, the court can just say "Nope" and throw it out to keep their agenda in power. Yet people think the courts are not biased, when in fact they are more so because of the power they hold.

Can he arrest the judge instead?

Fuck you king nigger, and fuck every bleeding heart who thinks flashing an ID when you're blaring spic-tunes and driving drunk is a violation of human rights.

I came up with anreally good argument.

Liberals say that the guy profiles.

Yet the liberals would say that the guy is profiling Asians if we lived on the border of China.

REEEEE

Look on the bright side. It took them this long to even get a charge pressed. By the time this goes through the courts, the God-Emprah will pardon him.

They will never get a jury to convict him in Phoenix

I stated

Liberal said

What should I say next?

I'm considering saying the following.
The Majority of Illegal migrants are Latinos.

It's like the DOJ attacking a police department for targeting young males who wear sagging pants who're out past midnight in order to reduce crime.

The sheriff needs to go on the offensive. Arrest that cunt first. Turn her over to the American people for a fair trial. It will be the most honest trial in a hundred years.

Good. Contempt is getting off light. Sheriff "I'll fix it in one term and leave" Arpaio (a fed himself) has been bleeding maricopa county dry for three fucking decades. This is the nigger who makes the county pay to slap his name on everything, and of course cover the settlements/other legal fees his policies bring on.

He dedicated an entire task force to "rooting out illegals" (million dollar photo ops) which usually consisted of raiding restaurants and getting one arrest, if that, while ignoring rape and murder cases. MCSO has taken part in everything from drug smuggling to fast and furious on up to human trafficking on his watch.

Unsure about Arizona laws, but where I live there are only 2 people who can arrest a Sheriff: the coroner or a US marshal. A loyal following can protect the sheriff. It would look REALLY bad for a paramilitary response to arrest a public figure.

You don't know how to argue user. You should argue its illegal to bribe law enforcement and delete evidence but that still hasn't stopped them from supporting a certain political candidate. They only care about the law when it suits them.

So fuck the law. And if the judge is so pissed, let her get the sheriff herself.

In their world, what you're suggesting is criminal. Its better to point out their criminality and support thereof than try to argue on their terms.

why don't some of you arizona bros go down to the court and do a armed protest? hold a sign that says, "if joe goes, so do you" or something like that.
>inb4 nice try fbi

Though they would of got him for abuse of prisoners and not this shit. Since he is doing his job, besides

?

My argument.

it should be taken straight from welfare

maricopa county sheriffs office.

Oh? I assume you live in maricopa as well?

Please do tell, have we had any better options since Arpaio took office? Every other option for sheriff here has been a limp dicked fucking idiot.

Hell, Penzone is fucking worse. He had no meaningful impact on the Baseline killer investigation, but hear him tell it, and you would get the impression he caught the guy single handily.

Go move to Bouse, it sounds like where you belong, try not to get trampled by Vicksburg cattle on your way there.

Well I guess you did pay for it… Maybe you can send him a gift card for more signs with his name on them. I'll pass.

Penzone is a faggot but to my knowledge has not cost my county hundreds of millions of dollars. Note that Joe never foots the bill himself. Even though he has "somehow" stumbled across half a billion dollars on 160k a year (MCSO salary+federal entitlement).

Just sayin'.

I have lived in this county my whole life faggot. Tell me more about that time you saw Joe sucking his own cock on nbc…

Former Maricopa County here.

Joe is a faggot. What he STANDS for is great, what he practices is rope worthy.

Every three months his loyalist possee faggots play real life cops and raid a car wash. Or the helado man pushing a cart in 100 degree weather (TWICE).

There really is no other option, every other candidate for Sheriff has been a faggot.

Arpaio is not some home grown cowboy sheriff, he was a goon in the DEA before and is a lifetime bootlicker.

Let me find my list and times I made on notepad.

When I was a little fucking fast food working faggot, he arrested every single one of the little fucking illegal scum I had to call my co-workers in one, one raid. While, I do not buy that he does it out of any obligation or idealism, however, he actually acts, where others whine and bitch. Hell, this whole costly lawsuit started because he was trying to root out illegals in his own posse. Penzone would cost us more, by virtue of being the kind of liberal fuckwit he is.

I bet you are just another Jobot coffee buying liberal shilling for free.

Oh fuck. And you just KNOW they'll stick him in his own prison out of some retarded sense of "poetic justice."

Marion Berry got to be the mayor of Washington DC while he was in prison for smoking crack and banging hookers. I'm not going to give a shit if Arpaio has to do six months on some politically-motivated Democrat bullshit.

So you've got like, what, 16 years of experience?

Work on your comma usage faggot.

Thanks for correcting the record.

nice try, fbi

How many illegals could Arpaio wrangle up at the WH?

Not an argument.

yawn

COLD BALONEY SANDWICHES AND PINK UNDERWEAR FOR THE (((PROSECUTION))

He's a senile old man. He should retire.

arrest the judge for obstruction of justice

Total coincidence I am sure. :^)

More than twice that. Try arguing against what I said instead of shitting out some schoolyard insults next time.

Protip:you cant

Going by his record here in AZ? None.

Or you know, don't just let falsehoods that the opponent simply stated, stand.

As points out, they don't care about the law. Get the list of Hillary's shit together and threaten to rattle it down every time they use the law argument.

That is what they imply when they say that and exactly that is plain false. It is good to racially profile. Racism is good, it means that your brain is working. You are counting the cases you see happen and identifying patterns within them. It's your subconscious creating statistics, which will be corroborated by real life crime statistics. I presume you're either living in or referring to a mexican-border state.

Ask yourself, why is the border being open for absolutely anyone with no controls whatsoever so important to them? You can still migrate to the states legally without an open border, there is nothing stopping law abiding citizens who want to live in the states and do their part from going through the paperwork and migrating legally. You know who it's stopping? People who wouldn't get through these controls, at least not that easily. Namely criminals. So you have a border that is brazenly exploited by criminals to stream in to escape their home country's law enforcement, escape the consequences of the lack thereof, or generally escape the result of a country being shit people like mexicans. What do you think a ridiculously large proportion of them is going to do once in the states? That's right. Commit crimes.

When you're a law enforcer and get into a situation where there is suspicion of foul play or possible foul play, what do you do? You're not omniscient, so you can't know everything that everyone's thinking or intending. But if you just make no arrest, the criminals will run rampant and cause unrest and destruction. You know what you can do? Identify patterns based on which to find criminals and profiling based on those. If you're wrong, then due process (the same due process a lot of left-wing activists seem to have a massive problem with, but that's off-topic here) will save them from conviction, so who the fk cares if among the 200 criminal spics you arrest, there's one or two law-abiding ones?

They should instead of thinking about this one in a hundred law-abiding spics that got arrested and their feelings hurt becuz muh racial profiling, think of the many people each killer would have killed, each drug dealer would have gotten killed, each mugger would have mugged, each robber would have shot. So what if maybe there is a rare and often nonexistant spic who's ego is so fragile a single arrest shatters it, in the face of the many people that get actually, physically, existentially(in termsof money) and not rarely fatally hurt due to criminals getting away?

Then ask them the next question. If they were a criminal, or criminals, who have something to hide, and who have every reason to be in major distress whenever police approaches them, don't they think they would also employ the tactic at large to take offense and cause moral outcries whenever the cops are on to them, to try and get the police to withdraw from their territory as much as possible? Does your shitlib friend really believe all these Mexican men who seem to be offended because they were frisked or in some other way investigated, are just completely innocent and perfectly harmless-looking people who could never hurt a fly?

No

Good, we can finally put this White privilege nonsense to rest then.

Forgot the last question, the one that was one of my earlier redpills. Whenever police approaches me (only happened once until now, but still), I readily open up, show and reveal anything I've got on me. And who would have guessed, they're much more friendly than niggers and libshits make them out to be. What's different about these spics and niggers? Why is it so important that they don't have to show what they're up to?
When the police approaches/frisks/investigates them, why are they in such distress? What's so horrifying about the thought of law enforcement checking whether you're trying to commit a crime?

Yeah well, he wasnt exactly squeaky clean. Very far from it.

The lesson here is, if you are going to go against the Fed on policy, your ass better be clean enough to eat soup off of. Fuck this guy.

If that and the pink undies prison camp was all he was doing, they wouldn't even bother.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio is a fine man who has ever acted in the interests of his constituency more than for his own self-interests. That the Democrats paint him as a self-serving criminal really, really pisses me off. These Democrats are intentionally trying to break our Nation.

That's because the police where you are Aren't looking to manufacture a crime out of whole cloth because you're white. Canada's RCMP are cucks traitors and knowingly anti-white, to the point of going out of they're way to harrass a white jaywalker over the illegal migrants in surrey.

This man is a true hero. They are sending a warning to anyone who tries to resist the destruction of America.

Im sorry, you think Arpaio and Arizona are liberal?

(checked)
Which is why I don't understand all the normies not giving a fuck about SCOTUS. It's kind of a huge fucking deal that can determine the course of our nation FOREVER.

His point is that the libcucks are wasting our money on this pointless suit.

I'm honestly not a big fan of his anti-drug policies, but I want to keep AZ as white as possible. If he wants to try to round up illegals, then he has my full support.

``test``
(Italics formatting test)

So contracting every county service he can out to his brother in law is in the interest of his constituency? Using inmates as labor then charging the county coffer at a premium is good for us? How about using MCSO funds for his personal PR campaigns?

The biggest problem is that he doesn't give a fuck about illegals, or seemingly crime in general. He just larps being the "toughest sheriff in america" and hopes that enough boomers buy it to keep him in power.

Yep, and it seriously pisses me off. I honestly would've voted for ANYBODY else running as a republican other than him, but it was either vote for him or some piece of shit democrat who would likely try to make AZ as soft on illegals as CA. He doesn't really do jack shit, and he honestly needs to try to work hard to try to fix the rep of the MCSO. I haven't really interacted with many MCSO deputies, but the few MSCO employees I have talked with have been kind of, well, slow.

One example I've got

I don't know if the stupid fuck was lying or not but it wouldn't surprise me if he works in a clerical position or something and tries to say he works for MCSO to get laid.

Guys like him are worse than Neocons themselves. They showboat and are given a platform to go ahead and do something, to just fucking go for it.

And they do t, they just continue to dickoff. Its the Conservarive version of inner city commiecrats.