Red pill me on Riot, Holla Forums

Red pill me on Riot, Holla Forums
Is it just another botnet disguising itself as a good alternative, or is it actually worth using? I'm thinking of getting my faggot friends to quit Discord and this seems like the way to go so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

git.matrix.org/git/olm/about/docs/olm.rst
git.matrix.org/git/olm/about/docs/megolm.rst
briarproject.org/
riot.im/desktop.html
matrix.org/docs/guides/faq.html#what-is-the-difference-between-matrix-and-xmpp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's botnet
just use tox because it has homegrown /g/ crypto algos you know you can trust

Can't be worse than Discord.

Riot says they use Olm and Megolm end-to-end encryption.

git.matrix.org/git/olm/about/docs/olm.rst
git.matrix.org/git/olm/about/docs/megolm.rst

Isn't the whole point of Matrix that you don't have to use cancerous JS shitpiles?

Matrix seems to be pushing Riot pretty hard on their site as the "go-to" client.

The point of Matrix is federation, self hosting, and separating the daemon from the frontend.

The reason they're pushing riot.im as the go-to client is that it's retard friendly. If you want something to beat out Slack or Discord, you have to offer roughly the same things, but better. Riot is a good entry point for that crowd.

Oh my sides!

Pic related. But it's still better then the laughing stock that is n-s-yayyy-kuns eliptic curve bullshit.

What's your take on it? For some reason I've always had this intuition that there's some non-obvious but really simple attack surface with EC. I think about it once in a while but I haven't come up with anything. I don't trust it either, though.

lurk moar

No, you use a reply like when the answer is obvious, not when the topic is extremely obscure. Learn to internet, newfriend.

I know the answer off the top of my head and I'm not a cryptologist. I know it's one search away. Fuck off, faggot.

Ok, seeing how there is no known practical way in the mainstream I'll just assume you're one of those "quantum computer" tards and leave it at that.

no

I hope it was sarcasm.

what's your problem with EC?

lol

Assange is recommending Briar for Catalonians just in case Spain decides to nuke access to all websites. It's the firat time I hear about it, but it's on F-Droid so it can't be that bad, is it? Is it backdoored?

briarproject.org/

I don't know anything about Briar, but I do know Assange is a CIA asset.

into_the_trash.png

What?
riot.im/desktop.html

Tox's crypto is NaCl, only the protocol is homegrown.

You're a normalfag bitch and too fucking retarded to do any better when the spec is right there, so those are what you get to use.
Go back to jerking off with your closet homosexual friends on whatever SMS-over-Electron network you use

it isn't on Fdroid, they have their own repo, it isn't the same at all.

Riot.im's a pleb-friendly Matrix protocol frontend. Discord & Slack for people self-aware enough to not use proprietary VC trash.

Riot.im and the Matrix WeeChat script uses too much RAM that I can't recommend it to anyone.

Post discarded.

GUYS
WHAT IF
GUYS LISTEN
GUYS WHAT IF WE TOOK JABBER AND
GUYS YOU'RE NOT LISTENING
GUYS WHAT IF WE TOOK JABBER AND PUT IT IN HTML????

There are already a lot of XMPP js clients available mainly built on top of strophe.js. The problem is people want to be hipsters and build something new every other day so they can put their code on githug and brag about it.

So, there's literally no point this thing then.

This is their point
matrix.org/docs/guides/faq.html#what-is-the-difference-between-matrix-and-xmpp

The HTML UI here is optional. The XHTML in XMPP is not.