Lore and Drama

Either:

Or:

What pushes this?

Neither.
I don't think R&M had a lore, is just a backstory, the series style really fucks the drama though, is like they don't wanna spoonfeed but they end up going to the opposite extreme and nothing really gets mentioned and is lacklusting when revealed due to lack of hype from the series.

SU clearly wanted to create a plot with lore and drama but fails miserably because authors want to shove their morals on the filler episodes and the lack of proper use of the main characters makes them loose grips of their personalities.

I really hate the term "lore" and everything it represents.

Lore has always been there since series started having a world, as early as Star Trek Animated Series and He-Man, is just how you reveal it.
Especially avoid "Reveals" unless unavoidable, try to make the new discoveries as natural as possible so people get acostumed to the world history and rules instead of gushing over a dramatic scene.

"Lore" is something TVTropes regulars jerk off to and compile into autismal wikis, and try to elevate it to something more profound than it actually is.

I guess you got a point, if you think the backstory of your world is that fucking interesting why not to just make the show about it.
That doesn't change the fact that lore or world backstory has been since forever.

I'm not talking about backstory or worldbuilding. I'm talking about "lore."

How you differentiate from each other?
As far as I know any kind of backstory can turn into lore if people are autistic enough to categorize it like it.

Rick and Morty has no world building lore. Just backstory for Rick.

It's the autismal obsessive behavior and treating "lore" as if it were the same thing as a story.

You mean like waiting for the lore to reveal something that makes the plot move foward instead of the plot itself moving foward by its own events and even once in a while the backstory making an appearance?

I mean using the term to begin with and giving it undue importance, reading too much into it, treating it as a substitute for a story, treating it as an end in itself.

I just decided to google steven universe lore:

What category does Star Vs the Forces of Evil go under?

Get in line pal

A really straightfoward one, besides what's need to be revealed for the plot I've only seen the series lore up once and it was for comparative reasons.

I'll say that world builds somewhat but as says up to know everything they've revealed seems to build up to the season finale, it has a healty amount of things that happen as consequence of actions that took place in the main story itself anyways.

The Steven Universe one.

ALL of its shallow lore bullshit could be finished in 3 episodes if anybody ever asked followup questions.

But trite shipping bullshit could last forever I guess.

Cuckold training

I'm guessing you've had to deal with Soulsfags.

It seems like they wanted to go the Tenchi Muyo route but they fumbled the ball every step of the way.

Tenchi Muyo is sexist bro. Why not a show where everybody is an aggressive loser?

Star Vs works a bit better because while there definitely is some real attempts at lore with the history of Star's family and the nature of the wand, it's clear that most of the setting is an excuse to have any and all kinds of weird and crazy magical shit to adventure through.

Kind of like Adventure Time before the meteor episode made it clear they really don't have any ideas and are just throwing around symbolism in a vain attempt to seem like they have anything interesting to say.

Would you guys say that Steven Universe is like a bad anime where they drag out "lore" only for it to be underwhelming at the end?

The level of effort SU puts into not advancing its plot is on another plane to even the worst anime. The stuff they do with their filler (Promote some of the most direct SJW bullshit) is also something unique to the modern cancer of cartoons.

No not even close, why in the ever loving hell would you believe that?

I'm still triggered by what they did with Peridot.

You mean turning her into a meme character?

I believe this trend in cartoons started with Adventure Time.

I can see that. I almost feel ashamed for liking it in the beginning even with the episode that reveals Ice Kings origin. Maybe the "lore" would've worked better as a background thing.

I think the problem with SU is that the only way it could actually bother to dump exposition or make the lore actually relevant to the story is if they were forced to make it a major plot point and get stuff done. I think the problem and the reason the lore is put to the side in so many episodes is because the people behind it aren't really interested in actually building a world, which is why I think they tend to fixate so much on more mundane and self-contained situations, they're lazy and would much rather fans try to build their world for them rather than build it themselves

It just hit me that you could find more plot and development in a Steven Universe fanfiction than you could in Steven Universe itself.

I've begun seeing this more recently. Why are the creators of these things such lazy bums?

Because society has developed in such a fashion that it is allowing lazy bums to become creators.

Is it possible for western animation to do lore right?

For the same reason that Betty crocker cake mix asks you to add an egg. You don't NEED to actually. All the ingredients are covered. But that Egg makes you feel like a cook.

Why WORK to assemble a world when fans will feel smart for assembling it for you?

bump

For what reason? At least post some content you filthy refugee.

I'm honestly glad I never invested much time in either.

Shits like you give Disney more power and ruin good shit like 40k and Star Wars.

well you gotta pay some close attention
but some anons have picked up that sweet hips and edgy goth are into marco

er wait, sweet hips is probably a mermaid or some shit I mean

exactly

Mods better bumplock this thread.

The mods aren't your butlers, user

Why?

If either of these hows were good, they wouldn't be part of the liberal mainstream media.

Or

Tell me, why do you cucks worship the mainstream media?

Tell me, why haven't you gone back?

Back to where?

t. reddit

I've never been to Reddit. I detest Reddit.

confirmed >>>/reddit/

Ha. Ha.

>>>/reddit/

You got your laugh. Kindly swallow a handful of bitter almonds.

ok reddit

ladies please
you're both reddit

t. reddit

Everyone's reddit!

Why the fuck would I have anything to do with Reddit?

because you're from there

Prove it.

that sounds like something reddit would say

Would someone from Reddit lament how political correctness literally destroyed forms of art?

Liberal anti-SJWs are just as bad as SJWs. It has nothing to do with sexism, they're just bad liars.

at least try next time reddit

Yes, Reddit doesn't like political correctness or racism against whites.

You cucks are pure lunacy.

One, r/theBluePill. Two, what does that image have to do with me?

ok reddit

ok reddit

Are you even allowed to use a computer, you blind, deaf, drooling retard?

ok reddit

Is that a no? Do I need to report you for being underage?

ok reddit

alt-right mexican you are so entertaining, please don't ever leave

That's a yes. Reported.

Where the hell did me being Mexican come from?

we established you were mexican in the past, remember?
its part of your backstory

I get it, you cucks are just trying to rile me up.

And knock it off with the memes. They're a cancer of the Internet.

there's no such thing as pretending to be retarded buddy

ok reddit

Quit talking to yourself, statist.

ok globalist

Pot, meet Kettle.

meme meet reddit

Now you're rambling nonsense off the top of your tumor-riddled, fetal-alcohol brain.

that sounds like eugenics speak, you some kind of nazi?

Holy shit, you're a genuine cuck. What the fuck are you doing on a free-speech platform?

ok reddit

Hey, having fetal alcohol syndrome isn't a choice and it isn't funny, chill the fuck out

Throw in some multiple sclerosis and more inbreeding than the Habsburgs, because why not?

I know being a retard isn't a choice, but a shoe is a shoe.

ok reddit

dude that's really insensitive and you should realized how unfair that is to them to use that language

See the words following "but."

ok reddit

man how would you feel if you're entire family was special?

ok reddit

it's hurtful speech dude, ya gotta be more sensitive to the less fortunate, not everybody was born as privilaged as yourself

Go to Tumblr and swallow an entire puffer fish.

man that's hurtful language
I can't even believe how close minded you are

ok reddit

Get a tattoo on your genitals and get it removed.

But what I really can't believe is how weak your bants are in the face of liberal rhetoric and you're inability to spot liberal parroting
This is why everyone sees the alt-right as cucks, your weak as shit in both your convictions and you're vocabulary instills no outrage, you talk like a child that just learned how to swear and your going around using it to elicit a response

go drown trying to save refugees you cuck faggot

ok reddit

You mean me refusing to give hurt feelings the light of day? Because that's all you did, act like you were offended.

Oh, I spotted it. I just didn't take it seriously. As a bonus, you weren't being serious about it. Either way, no skin off my balls.

your a failure

I wasn't pretending to be anything, you Lewy-Body-addled git. I told you, I wasn't taking it seriously.

very not serious

ok reddit

Now you're just repeating what I'm saying.

ok reddit