Anyone else got a home server? I built me a LACKrack

Anyone else got a home server? I built me a LACKrack.

Y'all want me to host anything?

Other urls found in this thread:

voluntaryist.press
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

will u host a bitcoin mining botnet

That's a neat idea.

How well does it sit in the table? I've always wanted to make a LACKrack but figured they'd be a bit wobbly.
My home server is an Olimex board and a 2.5 inch drive mounted to some MDF, mounted to the wall. It's mostly a file server, and sometimes a web server when I want to experiment.

Host a 7 Days to die server for Holla Forums

host a bitcoin mining botnet for my wallet

show us that onahole fag

Fits perfectly, no joke. Only problem is depth, my a HP is about 1.5x the depth of the table. If you make one with something heavy, make sure to buy wall plugs and braces. The legs are hollow

My server consists of my router, a laptop hdd, and an Orange Pi One.

jsut an Orange Pi One running Owncloud, its like dropbox
host a BBS so we can shitpsot

how do you connect the HDD to your setup? also power?

if you live in /aus/ an xonotic server

The hdd is connected to the router using a passive usb to sata adapter I got from China for 4 bucks. The router is designed to handle it. It's running custom firmware and seeds torrents 24/7 (it has a 500MHz mips cpu and 120MB of ram) The hdd is shared on the network using nfs. The OPi is my actual home server. It cost me 13 bucks (thanks, China) and it's powered using a broken PSP charger I got for free. A buddy that's into electronics fixed it for me.

What's the point of an empty server? Why live when afps is dead?

is that a 1:1 monitor or is your camera just shit

4:3, it's called perspective

I had a setup similar to yours but using a hdd over a usb port is too slow, that's why I upgraded to an actual machine.

Mine is a piece of shit HTPC case, cost $15 with matx PSU from ebay. MSI AM1I with athlon, 1tb hdd storage and separate drive for system. Plays games, video, music and seeds torrents as well as acting as a backup file server for the house. Displays on second hand 1080i screen. Looks alright but the graphics processing is shit, the think cakes its' pants processing high motion 1080p video, that's with the proprietary drivers, apparently the open source ones are worse for an old processor like mine.

I want to buy a rack and turn it into a nas (because regular nas are pretty expansive, and run on proprietary bullshit), but I seriously, but seriously don't know what to buy.
It needs to be libre compliant at best, and not expensive.
Do you have some buying guide? I don't find anything on the install gentoo wiki...

Unless you find some ARM (without trustzone) board with 2-4 SATAs, you're fucked. If only there were some ATX board that aren't amd64.

Basically anything off eBay with older Xeons, personally. Make sure to research what firmware they require for ethernet to work. Most are not compatible with libre drivers and you could use a PCI card instead.

If you do want a libre server board you'll need a KGPE-D16 or similar libreboot supported mobo.

You don't know what you're talking about. TrustZone is not similar to AMT/ME or PSP.

Trustzone is kind of the same; the manufacturer can choose to use it as a backdoor (Intel/AMD always use it).

Evidence of that?

I got an old desktop with Debian that I use as a media server/nas/seedbox
Currently I'm looking to get an external raid enclosure

Look at what Samsung/Qualcomm do with it. See Samsung Knox, for example.

Knox is not some sort of backdoor.

Hell no. No home server should ever need FANS, much less the kinds those cunts come with. 100% fanless mini HTPC is all 99% of home servers should be, and if you're the 1% that needs more you put it in the god damn garage or the basement so you don't have to listen to the pleasant soothing noise of a a god damn ME262.

Fucking Ikea coffee table reddit bullshit.

It's actually surprisingly quiet. If I needed to make it quieter I'd take out 4 of the 6 fans.

If you actually do decide to do that, let Holla Forums know.
>>>Holla Forums13355029

I use it to host a couple websites right now, including voluntaryist.press (down right now due to maintenance).

Ye it's called an old laptop that does everything I need it to do. Why would you waste money on an enterprise rack server?

because I do more than host a fucking HTTP interface for MPD

What's wrong with pre-PSP AMD? SMM too much for you?

Holy shit dude, do you even like technology?

I'm gonna use that

what sort of shit you do with that?

posts fagioli articles to Holla Forums

Lots of virtualization.
Run my own windows domain, where I fuck around with GPOs and shit.
I'm also going to host some file syncing and my own e-mail.

So basically nothing.

I ran a BBS for you fuckers, worst I ever had. had 2 users a day, who only ever tried to hack the fucking thing. Screw that haha.

of course people tried to hack it, if not us then someone else would

BBSes always had a hacker culture. That was back during phreaking, when the telephone system in most places was not designed for what it had become. I used to call the operator and say I needed in to a busy line as it was an emergency, they'd buzz into the line which would cause the modems to disconnect, then I'd dial into the BBS and play TW2002. I was also using WWIVmail to access FTP via an amazingly complicated series of gateways - WWIV -> FidoNet -> UUCP -> FTP by email. It must have cost all those sysops along the line a fortune as I was downloading demoscene shit from Helsinki. A local BBS had asked me to mod their board for them so I added a backdoor that would give me a DOS shell. I used it to steal his copy of rollercoaster tycoon.

That was you?

aroooo

Do you have any model in mind, that could accept a lot of HDD?
I seriously don't know what to chose...

I'm in europe btw.

Some "dell 1950"?

lel

I used a similar method to surf the web via package radio. Nothing beats getting up in the morning and sitting down to read the webpages you requested three days ago.

Once you're done playing with Windows, skip Loonix and start playing with SunOS/Solaris/OpenSolaris/Illumos/OpenIndiana. SmartOS is virtualization GODWARE.

Besides, you look at this and tell me it's not redpilled :^)

sell us fam

What's this?

some high art

Japanese technology.