Where is the truth in music? Music does not represent anything in the material world. It has no truth...

Where is the truth in music? Music does not represent anything in the material world. It has no truth. Why should then the pursuit of Music be an acceptable lifestyle?

How crippling is your autism?

Another shitty slide thread, thx OP

Excellent post, my friend. My question is still unanswered.

Are you incapable of hearing music or something, you nigger?

Too crippling

Suicide is the answer

ebin, go listen to Vivaldi's four seasons and tell me it represents nothing in the material world, plus materialism leads to modernity which leads to degeneracy, shit thread OP.
Suck on a shotgun, maybe then you'll be able to hear the music.

The same argument can be used with modern art. Modern art does not represent anything. It holds nothing other than the subjective feelings of the creator. Much in the same way as music. So again, what truth does it hold?

confirmed for only listening to coontunes.

Yes, I am comparing it to modern art. Both "arts" are subjective. There is no objectivity in them.

"Music is thus by no means like the other arts, the copy of the Ideas, but the copy of the will itself, whose objectivity these Ideas are. This is why the effect of music is much more powerful and penetrating than that of the other arts, for they speak only of shadows, but it speaks of the thing itself."
"Music does not express this or that particular and definite joy, this or that sorrow, or pain, or horror, or delight, or merriment, or peace of mind; but joy, sorrow, pain, horror, delight, merriment, peace of mind themselves, to a certain extent in the abstract, their essential nature" -Schopenhauer

Listen to classical music and tell me there is no objectivity in it. Music has been pure cancer since the 1960s, nobody here will deny that, but the pursuit of learning an instrument in a traditional manner is objectively a good thing. Using that instrument to propagate meaningless filth is not, are you stoned or just retarded OP?

See

Music is the true expression of the will and soul. A politician with evil in his heart may be able to feign virtue in a speech, but a musician creating music will always reveal and lay bare what is in his soul.

Good answer, however emotions are anything but objective. You can't call a wave in the ocean it's own form. You can't call an attribute it's own. Therefore, in order to seek objectivity you must not look at the subjective. The Will can not be expressed through any materialistic means. To try to express Will in the material realm is to try to represent God.

I am telling you there's no objectivity in it. There is no truth in it. The pursuit of perfection is objectively a good thing. Sadly, however, you can not reach perfection in Music. Ultimately I believe Music to have the same objectivity as speech. Both can express emotion, knowledge, and wisdom.

Is this the new face of the "Where is the Art" goon?

Beauty is its own virtue, faggot.

There is no truth.

Kill yourself muslim.

Autism speaks.

Music, especially classic/electronic (good one) is just Math. Trivium ad Quadrivium, as taught since long time ago: math in space (geometry), math in time (music), math in x and so forth.

Whereas tunes like pop, nig nog music or every other genre is just emotional chimping, thrus primitive and emotional.

Classical music and intricate electro appeal to patterns, abstractions.

There is a reason why niggers or white trash or most people react aggressively when hearing classical music, vice versa.

You're a materialistic fool.

You're misguided. Math is a tool. Math is something that humanity has created. It holds no objective truth. Geometry is the study of shapes. It itself only holds true and not ultimately subjective if you look at Trans-Euclidean Geometry. In other words, the Geometry that precedes the physical. Abstractions are subjective. Patterns are coincidental, and therefore subjective. Coincidental as in forced to exist, not in "mere coincidence :^)".

art directs the pursuit of truth

kys

And do you suppose a 'chair' is objective? A 'house' . Arbitrary designations for lumps of atoms . And don't get me started on the 'objectivity' of designating atoms as your particular objective building block . There is no truth in music for the deaf as there is no truth in painting for the blind. Because different groups of subjects 'parse' the world in similar ways the illusion of your so-called 'objectivity' arises. False, but nonetheless useful, so long as it drives our will to new heights. And that itself is objective. Spare me your dualism, without the 'emotions' you so comfortably denigrate your post would not have happened. Nor would anything else, for that matter. Educate yourself before making a post . Music itself refutes you .

Math is a language to describe the truth, so is geometry. A little example our professor gave us to btfo cunts like you out of the seminars:

Is a cricle an intrinsically objective shape or a result of motion? Or is it an near-infinite amount of edges? You can't prove either and every geometrical object is nothing more than another 'meta' description of physical shapes.

#rekt

Truth isn't everything you faggot. Fucking has nothing to do with truth. Neither does taking a shit. There are other virtues than truth, try and grasp that simple thought before posting again.

looks like we have a real utilitarian badass on our hands, guys!

Music is universally enjoyed and has/can have positive impact on peoples' lives - that is all the justification it needs. And if you'd like to deprive people from it over some arbitrary bullshit you can go eat a nice meal of lead with your jihadist bros and some odd commie. Because those are the only people anal enough to align with your mindset.

PS This is so banal it might as well be a slide thread.

You're obviously not white.

You are right comrade. Music is a hedonistic pursuit of momentary feelings and pleasure, and for the good of the state no one must be allowed to pursue it as a lifestyle. It distracts from the work of the revolution. Work will set us free.

Music is the organization of sound and time. Read Stravinsky's Poetics of Music.

Neither a house nor a chair are objective. They're tools. I don't get what you're trying to argue. The "art" of music is not pure. It is subjective. It is not true. It is not objective. I can repeat this again and again until you come to understand this. Emotions are subjective. They are not truth. They are not objective. The Will is objective. The Soul, the Spirit, the Nous, the Holy Spirit, the Ghost, it has been known by many names. All the same thing but different words, that one thing being metaphysical. Therefore, music can NEVER express truth. It has the same limitations as speech. You are arguing the objectivity in perfection. I agree. Perfection is objective. However, you can't get perfection with music.

A circle is the result of motion. Just like all geometry. I can prove it but simply saying "look at the universe." The universe is subjective, however the thing underlying it, the law or Will, again known by many names is objective. Therefore a circle is not defined by it's infinite amount of edges. That is a human concept. The human concept being subjective. Your professor was a fool.

Virtues come from Truth. You're not very smart. Things most true create the most beautiful.

You're arguing something else. I'm arguing whether or not it has truth. Sex is universally enjoyed, so is masturbating. You're arguing things that I did not say.

It means notning. How you can can say "truth" exists when everyting is only propable?

Try some inductive reasoning for a change genius.

Law of the excluded middle, music isn't a lie so it can only be truth.

Sage because shit thread that has nothing to do with this board.

Because you're materialistic. Study the things you speak ill of. The metaphysical is objective. Is is the only true truth. It is not a void like the physical.

Try some reductive reasoning for a change.

THE NATIONAL ANTHEM JUST GOT 10 DECIBELS LOUDER

You can't get perfection with anything, so why not spare us the trouble and kill yourself right now, you imperfect abomination? Your imperfection displeases the Lord .

See that's where you're wrong, nigger.

You've taken the Postmodern Pill.

Because music is nice and nice things have a right to exist, like cute anime girls.

It's babble.

Why do you argue, then, the things you do not believe in you materialistic fool? Study metaphysics and come back to me when you're not an idiot. Read Aristotle on Music. Perhaps you'll find it easier to understand more articulate than me.

Friendly reminder that vocals are degenerate.

Vocals bastardize the essence of music. You can't combine something indescribable with mere words and expect the sum to be greater than its parts.

And I suppose your atomistic thoughts on how you think the universe works holds more truth than the metaphysical?

What the hell are you blathering on about? You sound like a pretentious, ivory tower philosopher.

Truth is eternal and infinite. It does not come from the material world, which is finite.

Music has various healthy effects on the brain. Saying music serves no real purpose, despite the fact musicians and bards have driven revolutions since the dawn of society, you're either sliding or highly autistic.

Low effort.

Here's an objective reason for your faggot ass op
Music inspires the soul to courage and greater heights than previous thought, soldiers are forged in their childhood by memories of great songs of their people and history, they reinforced by these songs when they feel fear as well . Wardrums have been proven to inspire courage and strike fear into the enemies heart, they make it objectively easier to conquer your philosophical ass and snuff out your idea because it's inferior to mine, have fun leading your army without wardrums and horns though. This is the fatal flaw of philosophy, it always asks why? Why doesn't matter, all that matters is how.

What's being slid, fellas?

Correct. As an aside, that's how you know Islam is a false religion, since it only allows vocals.

This doesnt even make sense but is your assumption. Thanks for begging the question

You need to learn the real meaning of "objective" and "subjective."

Does a statue of a man not have truth and therefore beauty?

If I was arguing whether things without truth have no purpose I would argue that a hammer is useless because it has no truth. Thankfully I'm not arguing that.

Science is a secularized version of philosophy.

Those are void. Materialistic and physical by nature. Void like a wave in the sea.

Truth is metaphysical.