Was the original the best? Or the alternate universe versions?

Was the original the best? Or the alternate universe versions?

Other urls found in this thread:

scoobyaddicts.proboards.com/user/346/recent
archive.is/EkorA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

never liked hannah barbera cartoons

The movies were kino

Original pre-Scrappy

I don't know why this shit is so popular. Literally EVERY episode is the same, all of them have the same plot. I can understand why this was popular ages ago, but why it is now?

Been waiting to dump my autism again for some time.

Preface: TV Specials are counted except Hollywood, Behind the Scenes, The SD Project, Night of the Living Doo and Arabian Nights, as they are just really made to sell the brand name and made as jokes. Video games aren't counted, though I could potentially add them. Most are just randomly placed, though they can't occur during the age of Scrappy-Doo, as he's rarely present. Oh, and the shitty Puppet show and the stage shows aren't counted, because no one should have to suffer through them.

Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated is the starting point.
Due to the ending in which the universe is reset, we go from there. The gang is now used to both magic and fake monsters, so pretty unafraid of that shit. Time is reset to be placed earlier, about 30 years, to explain technology.
A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is retroactively added to their memory, as a way to justify their love of mysteries without their selves being aware they lived their lives already. Due to it being added by artificial means, they reference technology in APNSD that wouldn't be present in Where Are You? It's just a remnant of MI timeline.
After that, we go Where Are You?, The Scooby-Doo Show, both iterations of Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo, with The New Scooby-Doo films taking place randomly throughout. They don't matter to story, so they can go anywhere.
13 ghosts takes place after all of those, once the gang are older, in their mid twenties.
Boo Brothers, Ghoul School and Reluctant Werewolf occur back-to-back, placed after 13 Ghosts. This assumes the 13 Ghosts are captured, as the show was cancelled prematurely.
Shaggy and Scooby get their memories fucked with after those 3 successive encounters with ghouls, and can't recall their adventures.

Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost, Alien Invaders and Cyber Chase now take place. In order, they are done Cyber Chase, Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost then Alien Invaders.
Due to the Alien's interference, the group get, once again, fucked over in the timeline. Time is now closer to original Mystery Incorporated timeline. This is pretty much just the Aliens seeing the problem and trying to restore it back to MI, but failing somewhat.

From there, What's New, Scooby-Doo takes place. Then, all the DTV films starting with Legend of the Vampire. There's a soft reboot in terms of personality and appearance, but I wouldn't look into it too much, as nothing important is changed. These DTVs take place in order, in two groups. Everything from Music of the Vampire to Chill Out can go in any order, then Goblin King to current DTVs in any order. The DTV Specials, like Spooky Games and Beach Beastie, are alongside the DTV films, and can be placed anywhere. They can be placed in either group of the new DTVs, post 2003.
LEGO shorts and the LEGO film are just LEGO interpretations of normal adventures. Any order.

Now, this leaves only 6 items unaccounted for: The 2 theatrical films, the 2 DTV films, Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get A Clue and Be Cool, Scooby-Doo.

The films aren't set in the realm of the animated series, as there are core differences in the dynamic of the gang, and there are references to their past which can't be fixed by any of the animated shit.
Live-action order is simple enough: The Mystery Begins, Curse of the Lake Monster, Scooby-Doo (Spooky Island film), then Monsters Unleashed.

Get A Clue and Be Cool are, without a doubt, the worst animated series. Get A Clue is so stupid in it's premise, that if it didn't include the other 3 members of the gang making cameos, I'd write it off completely. If I had to place it, I'd put it after Be Cool, but before What's New. The gang have a mini break-up after starting college, Scooby and Shaggy do memes with the crazy uncle, which explains why the others only briefly appear, they are busy at school.
Be Cool is irredeemable, but if it must be placed, I'd place it before everything else in the modern timeline, before What's New Scooby-Doo, as they have graduated college by that point, but Be Cool mentions they haven't started college yet.

You could add A Pup Named Scooby-Doo as taking place before everything else in the modern timeline, I just don't like that as I wanted the series separated from before 2003 and after 2003.

wrost fucking show ever

What's wrong with Pup? i remember it being bland but pretty decent, then again my version was dubbed and somewhat edited

You can have, the original series, the Scrappy Doo era, and 13 ghosts all taking place before the Mystery Incorporated time reset since they are all mentioned in the show, mostly in the museum of horrors, or whatever it was called. You could also safely add the era where they met Batman and Robin, and all those other famous people before Mystery Incorporated.

Why was Velma always considered the sexy one?

I liked Thirteen ghosts, or whatever one where shaggy wore a red shirt.

Nothing was wrong with it, I just had to justify the technology present in the show that wasn't available in later shows.

I could, but I prefer the idea that the reality they come into after Mystery Incorporated is made up of fragments from their lives on Crystal Cove. Things like the monsters and Flim Flam in the museum, as well as knowing about the Creeper when they catch his daughter, but not being the ones who caught him.
Also, this way make it so the town doesn't go from Coolsville to Crystal Cove and back to Coolsville.

Daphne was always the hot one. Velmafags have only popped up in the last ~12 years, right around the time the "im a gam3r gr!77" started being shoved down our throats.

Red shirt in 13 Ghost, Boos Brothers, Reluctant Werewolf, Ghoul School, Cyber Chase and a single scene of the first series due to those shitty Koreans being unable to read instructions.

I love your autism. It's pure.

Thanks, I try my hardest to make this site smile with my autism.

What about this kino

Delet this rate nao.

Its worse than Be Cool, purely because they at least tried to make a decent product and failed, rather than outright shitting on a design document and handing it in.

Speaking of Be Cool Scooby Doo, the head writer of the show went on a tirade about how garbage CN is, so that's worth a read. On the Scooby Addicts forum, username jcb.

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo was my fave, the artwork was so nice, and from what I recall the plot wasn't that retarded (the original was a fucking dumb show, even as a kid I could tell).

Pedofags out.

Repost it.

Actually, in What's up Scooby Doo!? they made a reference to it, where Vilma develops a phobia to clowns.

Zombie Island is the best Scooby Doo cartoon (including the series). I have the most nostalgia for the New Scooby-Doo Movies just because of how neat it was to have the gang cross-over with other random shit. The original series for all its Hanna-Barbera cheapness is the most memorable, though.

Because contrarians. The same thing happened to the Metal Slug games where the most vocal people prefer Fio to the far superior Eri.

I know you don't mean that, but it's funny because I've always prefered that one even as a kid. I remeber the feels perfectly: A Pup: "fuck yeah", Original: "Fuck, this shitty show again, too bad I don't have anything beter to do".

The live action movies were certified kino, but a pup named scooby doo is my favorite.

>>>Holla Forums

Sage negated.

I genuinely prefered this one tbh

I love Scoobie Doo on Zombie Island. Pretty noice animation for a direct to video movie and was pretty spooky to watch as a kid. Way better then the shit now.

Pretty sure it started with the live action movies

scoobyaddicts.proboards.com/user/346/recent
Every post he has made in the past 3 years is about the development of the show. A lot of them in the past 6 months are about CN being clowns.

Witch's Ghost and Alien Invaders had some good animation, too. Not as spooky, though.
Zombie Island was probably the only truly spooky incarnation, and I would enjoy them to make more DTVs in that vein.

Too bad the next film is adapted from that god awful comic, Scooby Apocalypse, which is somehow still going.

Pure shit though I loved the redhead girl.

She was never meant to be. However the character designers attempts to make "nerd girl" unintentionally hit a tone of fetishes that cause her to skyrocket in sex appeal.

Fuck Jewlywood.

It still got this forgotten kino.

Eventually they're gonna get to it out of desperation.

There really was some fetish fuel in this series, also forgot how violent it was. Hell they literally impaled the vampire chick.

Screencaps of relevant ones, I'm not going to scour through some namefag forum for some promised return.

Nobody liked this stupid show in the '70s and nobody likes it now. I am convinced this has been the decade-long pursuit of some rich asshole pushing their terrible pet project over and over until people get inured to it and they feel vindicated.

qft

they're the same fucking sprite man

archive.is/EkorA

There's a Johnny Quest comic coming out. I think it was a team-up with Cyborg, but might of been another hero.

Some of those characters look and sound like the sisters from Zombie Island. Coincidence?

Pretty high quality animation for a kids shot tbh

kek
Is that site trying to make people go blind?

The site is an absolute mess, but there's been a few creators visiting there over the years.
They actually have a separate subforum for every episode of every series, plus each movie, game etc. Due to the fragmentation, as well as the already tiny userbase, it's pretty shit, but there's a lot of archiving, so that's good.

Scooby-Doo autism is some of the finest; I should know. There's 20 year old IRCs dedicated to Scooby-Doo, and I know there's one from 2003 or so that has most series available to download, that's still updated to this day.

I know Grey DeLisle-Griffin used to come to 8/co/. I wonder if she still does.