Is she known for anything other than being a side character and marrying the Green Arrow?

Is she known for anything other than being a side character and marrying the Green Arrow?
I had been complaining about how boring so many female characters that exist solely for forced diversity was today, but I remembered Black Canary. I can't think of another superhero that's got her powers, and they're unique enough to make for an extremely interesting story.
And yet nothing ever seems to be done with her. She appears in a ton of shit as a side character. Why the fuck doesn't DC ever do anything interesting with her? Does she even have any good comics that don't just revolve around her marrying Green Arrow and having his kid?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.com/comics/issue/3949/ms_marvel_2006_1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also, on the note of making her interesting in fights. Tell me a fight with her and Green Arrow working together as a couple like embed related would not be interesting.

She can do things like scream and have sex while people are burning alive. Also scream.

And karate

She could also do the thing where she flies then kicks the bad guys in the face.

Also the thing where she can kiss Oliver then act like he's a douche and try to fuck Batman. But Batman is all like 'Nah my parents are dead' then she goes back to Ollie but he'll be going 'Sorry but I found a new cocksleeve in my quiver' then she'll get all depressed and rape him. Corner him with a baby then divorce him and take half his company.

Then do other superhero shit that I don't know about. I dunno I'm pretty high right now.

I guess one thing that may have been done is her dealing with trying to live up to her mothers legacy as the original Black Canary. Though I think the early Birds of Prey books are pretty good since they start off with Black Canary at her lowest point then being recruited by Oracle.

That would be badass. Though Green Arrow never struck me as the ultimate fighter since he's more of an archer. Though with the success of the Arrow tv show that incarnation has begun influencing the comics recently.

She makes my dick hard.

To be fair, she's a leftover character from the Golden Age. She had her fair share of stories to herself and other heroes long before she was paired with Green Arrow.

Have you been reading Injustice?

wat

Sure, but still a cool idea. I don't think it's so hard to think that he's got to have some kind of fighting skill just in case he can't use his archery skills. If someone gets close to him otherwise, he's fucked.
I decided I liked the idea so much that I decided to make a comic page of it.
I don't know who to draw them fighting

I'm not sure who or what black canary is supposed to be fighting. Keep working on it user but try to make her opponent look more clearer.

Oh wait I see now she's slapping the bell. Nice. Keep working on it.

I'm guessing you've never heard of Birds of Prey, or the multitude of Justice League comics they did where she wasn't just a side character? Not to mention she had at least two or three JLU episodes that focused on her and not Green Arrow.

No kidding

wasn't she the leader of the Justice League at one point?

I think she was like the unofficial leader during McDuffie's run. I can't remember if she was a founding member during the Post-Crisis/Pre-Infinite Crisis era where DC decided that Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman weren't founding members of the Justice League

Birds of Prey was a team of two originally, and she did all the leg work. The original book also lasted for more than a hundred issues. So yes, she's not underused in the slightest.

Problem is that most of DC's female heroes are just uninteresting and bland beyond their actual powers and skills. It's why they work best as side characters and sidekicks. They're there to lend a helping hand to the actual main character who's actually interesting to read about. Trying to push em out onto their own just results in something really boring or horribly hamfisted with feminist agenda.

The most interesting Black Canary ever was to me was on Brave and the Bold in the Music Meister special. That's really not saying much at all.

That's because DC usually guts their females of any personality.

Case in point, Catwoman. Catwoman used to be a top-tier super criminal on par with Joker and Penguin. Then Batman #62 happened, where it revealed that Catwoman was just an airline stewardess with amnesia. Ever since then she's flip-flopped between being heroine and "villain", losing most of her appeal in the process.

Now she's just a neutral cat burglar/cock sleeve for Batman. A far cry from the powerful and intelligent crime queen she used to be.

Now she's a mass-murderer

You know I was asking the same thing about Carol Danvers. Before she became Captain Marvel I could barely remember what she used to be known for besides getting raped by her own time travelling son and having her powers absorbed by Rogue. Nowadays she represents everyrhing wrong with Marvel…. A supposedely stronk independent womyn who takes the charge but is actually an megalomaniac who drives everyone around her to the ground and whose caychphrase might as well be "you are under arrest".

Times like these makes think of Julie Newmar as the best Catwoman.

Like most big two female characters, she was nothing but a mess that know one knew what to do with. So you get fucked up stories like that shit with her son. It's times like that where you just kill off or scrap the character completely.

You will respect Big Mama

Claremont knew exactly what to do with her, which is why when he got his hands back on her he immediately retconned the stupid rape plot.

Probably referring to All-Star Batman & Robin #7

Get the fuck out and never come back.

To further illustrate your shit taste.

Reminds me of all the crap Marvel has done with 616 Power Pack post Holiday Special.

(Checked)

She also became the Chairwoman in Young Justice in the final episode.

But that Mostly because Greg Weisman has a crush on her.

It's sketchy and mostly just a doodle, but–

That is so fitting. I had an idea like that once. Though it was more of a brutal rooftop battle with those characters that ended with Oliver pulling the pin from one of Deathstrokes grenades and Canary using her cry to push him off the building to try and blow him up. Good work man.

Nothing wrong with a crush on Black Canary.

What other good things did Claremont do with Carol? Are there any particular runs here of Carol that anybody would like to recommend? I want to see what is so good about this character.

I'd love to see a storytime of the original Ms. Marvel series.
I think after Carol Danvers got her powers stolen by Rogue, she got shuffled away into space with the Starjammers as Binary, I don't think she had any published adventures with them.

There was weird story when Psylocke first became a ninja, Wolverine had been tortured and lost his healing factor, and he was hallucinating Carol Danvers and Nick Fury, and because Psylocke had been in his head, she was sharing his hallucinations and psibolting everyone "Nick" and "Carol" shot, to preserve their delusion. I guess Logan knew Carol from when she was an Air Force intelligence spook.

And there was the time Carol's personality was sharing Rogue's body, but the siege perilous separated them into two bodies, but sharing a soul, so one of them had to die.

I think that's it for Carol, unless you count her original appearance in Captain Marvel.

Didn't they actually fight Deathstroke together in Identity Crisis?

Perhaps, don't remember though.

I know there was a run on Carol as Ms. Marvel that happened before she became Captain Marvel. It was in the mid 2000's i think. marvel.com/comics/issue/3949/ms_marvel_2006_1

Low blow…

The only time I remember they fought Slade together was with their Wedding Special.

They were both in the Justice League team that got beat the fuck up by Deathstroke in Identity Crisis. Along with Flash, Green Lantern, Atom, Hawkman and a bunch of other people for whom Deathstroke should realistically pose no problem.

Bonus: Notice that Meltzer keeps repeating the 10% of your brain myth. And people say this is a good comic

Last part. Coincidentally this comic was right around the time DC started going to shit

checkem

Is this Identity Crisis?

Yes

Most I remember her doing was breaking old Wildcat out of his fighting habit in Justice League Unlimited. That was kinda fun, but I don't remember much else from her… Ah, wait. Becoming a no-nonsense mentor in Young Justice and acting surprised and scandalized when the team shapeshifter roleplayed as her with Superboy.

I almost want to think that the Nu52 was DC's way of retconning Identity Crisis.

Did they bring back Sue Dibny?

She was in that JLU episode when she and Green Arrow had to fight Question and Huntress. I always like Green Arrow/Question team-ups. They're on the complete opposite ends of the political spectrum and yet somehow they manage to work together.

god I love that movie

GA/BC has to be one of the weirdest comic pairings I've ever seen. They don't work thematically on any level whatsoever, most of their team-ups are basically Ollie and Dinah acting like a couple of angry douchebags towards one another, and DC keeps on trying to force her into being an Green Arrow mythos character for some reason despite the fact that she's more closely attached to Batman in terms of lore and history. Kinda disappointing because she's a pretty interesting character on her own, but DC insists on shackling her to Oliver Queen in most non-comic media.

I miss when she was dating Dr. Mid-Nite. It's probably the only relationship she's ever had that wasn't total cancer.

Why.

Ollie may be a Yuppie Liberal but he's not a faggot that hates someone for their political beliefs, especially with how much good they do in the world. On an unrealated note, I want a comic where they hire a bunch of conspiracy theorists working under The Question. The superhero teams rely on them to investigate the dumbest leads to find really obscure evil plots before they go too far, ones that no one in their right mind would find normally.

She's a screamer…

Originally she was a Johnny Thunder villain.
She predates Green Arrow by a good few years, being Golden Age, while, retarded DC artists drawing Green Arrow in the Justice Society aside, Ollie is strictly Silver Age.

Wasn't Ollie originally like a Batman rip off?

Yes, he even had an arrow cave and an arrow-car!
And the teen sidekick and everything.

He first appeared in 1941. He's Golden Age. You could argue that he didn't really become his own character and stop being a Batman rip-off until the late 60s but he is a Golden Age character
She first appeared in 1947, after Green Arrow.

She has as much to do with Batman as Alan Scott Green Lantern. In fact, even less as Alan Scott was actually co-created by Bill Finger

She's known for almost getting my dick as hard as Zatana does, that's an accomplishment.

I always wondered how it's even humanly possible to predict where palmer is going to be let alone hit him with a fucking laser pointer offhand.

That's an unbelievable feat, I'd find it amazing if you could hit a ping pong ball with a laser pointer if someone threw it at you.

Isnt that shit from a fighting scene of a nip movie with an old couple fighting the bad guy?

Yeah its from Kung Fu Hustle.

well that would be the barest tip of this particular iceberg

Originally she was her mother, possessing the body of her vegetable daughter.

Good to know.

That could be absurdly fun and kinda Doom Patrol, considering what absurd schemes and cults they run into.

(Checked)

To be fair, I kind of blacked out Identity Crisis. Especially that bullshit with the Green Lantern ring.

Yeah, for making my dick hard.

It's the fishnets isn't it?

Mmm, fishnets

That's what makes the whole fight so stupid. That and his predicting where Flash is going to be because he 'thinks quicker'. Flash thinks at the fucking speed of light.

Deathstroke's beaten up Batman before. At best, he should have no problem with either Green Arrow or Black Canary. But fucking Atom? Green Lantern? Fucking Flash? Hawkman? Elongated Man? Fucking Zatanna? Keep in mind this is a character who was regularly at least outgunned, if not beaten, by a team of children. The writer's really stretched credibility here.

At least the art was nice. If the book came out today it probably wouldn't be.

She's also known for jumping on Batman's dick in the Frank Millerverse.

To be fair she's not really the same Black Canary. She's a sexy Irish broad, as opposed to a sexy American broad

From the quality of thought we've seen most incarnations of The Flash do that tends to only refer to the speed at which he can instinctively respond to outside stimuli, not necessarily process his own thoughts.

It is safe to say that he thinks much faster and reacts faster than a normal human.

He would have to, in order to run at the speeds he does.

My point is that Slade shouldn't be able to just stick a sword out and hurt him. He'd react much quicker than that

I had a Question pitch that was basically that, but in a more X-files kind of way.
Vic investigates random conspiracy shit and at the end it's always ends up being true but not in the most obvious way