Be a young country with nice perspectives

Other urls found in this thread:

libraries.wright.edu/special/wrightbrothers/patents/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

'murica

Shills

The first to make a mechanism to control a plane, not the first to make a plane.

Not even them claimed such

Functional ffs

unimportant details

by whose definition of functional? Heads up: Gliders were a thing since 1891 (Otto Lilienthal)

I actually had stopped reading at the "first plane"

No they never patented the plane, only the means to control it.
libraries.wright.edu/special/wrightbrothers/patents/

The first one is a glider, not a plane. Something you literally carry while running downhill and hope to not hit the ground face first before it takes off

i meant this post as a discussion on patents, not planes…

I thought the big breakthrough was that it was self powered, and not just a glider? I also thought a big part of it was their application of science from that kite book and building a wind tunnel for testing wing designs instead of trying to copy birds.

This seems like bullshit to begin with tbh, muh mickey mouse

As someone that still considers himself more or less a libertarian, I agree. The intangible cannot be property.

Their big breakthrough was making the means to control the plane mid-flight, not the self propelled plane, which was controlled by sheer force of will and hopeful thinking

finally someone

OP's just butthurt that his great-great-grandfather was a failure at making his planes

Patents are intellectual parasites aimed at caging innovation and making humanity advance at a tiny fraction of the pace it otherwise would.

Your dignity is intangible.

So? It doesn't make it property as in a physical object you can produce and sell.

Patents are necessary to an extent. Otherwise nobody would bother engaging in high-risk innovation, and would instead sit back and wait for everyone else to make something that they can reproduce.

The issue is that copyright law has far overextended its original purpose. 75 years after the death of the creator for copyrighted media? Fucking ridiculous. Shit like that only exists because companies like Disney lobby to essentially extend their ownership of Mickey Mouse for eternity.

BAN ALL BRITBONGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hows Londanistan these days ol' chap?

For some industries sure, but the technology industry was struggling for awhile because NVidia and Intel had patents on a whole bunch of shit. Now they have a monopoly on the market..

2018 cannot come quick enough, that's when all the MP3 patents die.

Property itself is intangible. The notion that you own something is meaningless. I own it, not you. Who is to say who's right?

Wow nice conviction you American cunt.

Whoever is holding the object at the time is the person who owns it, if you really wanted it that much you'd go kill the other person for it.

Fuck you guys, you don't understand how it works. This is some liberal-tier shit

High cost innovation, unsure reward, sure. But high risk? While the two can sometimes be one and the same, it's not always.

Pepe is ours, Furie. You can't copyright him.

Actually the wing warping design was just a dead end. The only good wing warper was the first foker fighter but it was quickly outclassed by planes control surfaces.

Basically the US army had no interest in the planes so there was no market for them in America. The French had both a market for entertainment and for military application. Therefore Europe developed the planes. The US also refused to join the war for several years and there was a large push to prevent any military buildup to disincentivize entering the war.

Same thing with the Christi suspension system for tanks, it was developed in America but adopted by the interwar and early ww2 germans and russians. Ultimately it was superseded by other systems but the reason it never caught on in America is because the army didn't want a tank force and the population didn't want to get into the war. Hence no tanks were built and Christi sold his design overseas were it was further developed.

Patents really aren't important. Also the Wrights had a falling out and didn't cooperate so that's why they didn't mass produce their invention or try to find a market for it.

Can be thrown into a fluorine fire for all I fucking care. The entertainment industry has existed with online piracy for 15+ years straight now with no problems. I think Copyright should be eliminated to discourage non-white immigration. Only white people care about being fair when it comes to paying creators and originators.

Needs serious revision. Any patent filed needs to have a commercial application come to fruition within 5 years of filing or else it becomes Open Source. No exceptions. Patents filed under corporate entities are not allowed to renew patents, which defaults their monopoly to 10 years. Individuals who file patents are allowed to take their patents wherever they damn well please.

MAFIAA shitposter plz go.

Plz.

this