Batman loses another director

archive.is/kpuqO

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/cFc2F
web.archive.org/web/20170219065754/https://deadline.com/2012/12/ben-affleck-senate-rumors-face-the-nation-video-392753/
web.archive.org/web/20170219070139/https://douglasernst.blog/2013/08/23/ben-afflecks-outspoken-politics-hurt-his-batman-more-than-his-box-office-bombs/
web.archive.org/web/20150330002618/http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/27/ben-affleck-drops-batman-reference-during-congressional-testimony
web.archive.org/web/20131211220518/http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/12/09/ben-affleck-republican-actors-i-probably-wouldn-t-person-if-i-met-him
archive.is/WxIIM
movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1879
denofgeek.com/movies/spider-man/13233/underappreciated-movies-daredevil-the-directors-cut
twitter.com/mattreevesLA/status/834963502410297344
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Now Warner is intent on ruining the lives of everyone else.

I can't even imagine the butt hurt going on at the studio right now.

Lego Batman more or less shat on everything DC is trying to do and looks like it's going to be super successful. And just like all comic companies they'll find a way to fuck it up despite fans screaming exactly what they want.

I still don't understand why DC doesn't just adapt comic stories and personalities instead of doing what they have been doing.

Is it so hard to make Superman fun, and lovable, while making Batman the dark and brooding one who has trust issues?

This is what happens when you shove out a movie franchise just to keep from paying the Siegel's royalties.

Look it up. Warner rushed Man of Steel into production because a court ruled in 2009 that if they didn't get a film into production by 2011, the Siegel's could sue for lost revenue on an unproduced film.

It's because the executives think they know better. Batman V Superman was literally a check list of what the execs thought people wanted out of a superhero film.

Combine that with bottom of the barrel directors and you have a hot steaming mess.

It was more substantial than that. I seem to remember the court ruled if Warners didn't make a film by 2011, the Siegels would get the rights to make their own film.

That is what they've been doing. There's been a conscious effort to make this shit like the New 52.

Stop being so childish goy, dark and edgy is what adults want, everything else is for immature children.

They actually haven't, the cartoons have and that's basically ruined them. I haven't bothered with any mainstream direct-to-video films in ages.

Perhaps that was the better timeline…

They have. The aesthetics are all New 52. The President of DC Diane Nelson, who by the way knows fuck all about comics and doesn't read them, wanted to create better brand synergy between the comics, the TV shows, the cartoons and the films, and maybe the video games too. That's part of the reason why you've got the New 52 Justice League line-up, the other reason is that David Goyer is retarded and doesn't 'get' Martian Manhunter.

Your image is shit. Robocop was already dark and edgy and Adams-era Batman was not far off.

The original RoboCop is dark, but it's also humorous, and doesn't take itself completely seriously. How does the remake compare to that?

Oh shit, I just heard they've got some budget horror movie director to do Sha-… Fuck, I can't call it that. The film with Captain Marvel.
archive.is/cFc2F

It's not comparable. With Transformers, Superman and Power Rangers they took something light-hearted, fun and colourful and turned them into grim, over-saturated edge fests. Robocop was already pretty grim, if anything the PG-13 remake was less grim than the original. It was shit, I won't argue that, but it was considerably toned down from the original.

I've long ago resigned myself to the reality that if they ever make this Captain Marvel movie, it will likely be another Jonah Hex.

They're trying to make it more like the comics, at least as an executive sees them.

I'm certain there was executives at Warner screaming that they needed TDKR stuff in Batman V Superman because "fans love it".

Apparently the Rock will be in it too if that makes you feel worse.

The Robocop remake is not as bad as people make it up to be. It still holds a little of the social critic from the first, even if very tame in comparasion. But really, it wouldn't be that bad if the studio hadn't shitted on it so much.

Look on the development, they pretty much rewrote the whole script mid filming and the director almost quit on it because the studio kept demanding stupid stuff. He also sneaked a little jab at the studio: in the movie they have a marketing team come with Robocop's look based on popular feedback and it's pretty much the 80s design, but the owner of the company (Michael Keaton character) scraps it and tells them to make him black and tatical. When the marketing guy tries to argue that they did a whole research on what the public prefers, Michael Keatons answers: "Fuck that. The public doesn't know what they want untill we give it to them!"

The Rock is strangely the only optimistic part of the project, since I know he'll bring some levity to the movie.

Still, I think we can rule can rule out anything as fun as Captain Sivana.

dude are you shitting me the rock would be fucking baller as shazam

But the rock is playing Black Adam.

Good. I love Dwayne, but Captain Marvel is white.

After reading this post, I now have the sudden desire to see John Cena play Captain Marvel.

Why is this?

Because you have been blessed with the wisdom of Solomon. That's a great idea.

Execs wanted to repeat success of Nolan films. That's why Goyer is writing everything, and they tried to make Nolan be the director in charge of the whole thing.

Movies would be far better if they actually took inspiration from Batman and Justice League cartoons. Hell, even making Batman film based on Arkham Asylum game would be better than current films.

Its shit

That must be so depressing to see your dream come into your grasp only for it to be raped right in front of you and you will never get that chance again.

Here, I made a webm specifically to show what it must feel like being Ben Affleck right now.

Affleck got the part for political purposes. That's the whole reason the entire DCCU is falling apart in the first place.

Regardless of why he got the part, he specifically stated in an interview it had basically been his acting dream to play Batman, and how he thought the Daredevil movie had ruined his chances of every being a superhero again.

He was an ok batman and a shitty bruce

Source? First I've heard that.

If it had been even slightly more like the New 52, it would've been far better than what we have now.

The New 52 gave us Morrison's Action Comics, Greg Pak's take on Superman, even Lobdell came up with some good shit, even if he fucked it on execution. That Superman would've been a hell of a lot more interesting, and a hell of a lot less incompetent and flat that the one we got. Even the animated movies scored right on that front.

Hell, I'll take Snyder's Court of Owls saga and that Batman Eternal shit over anything the movies gave us. If anything, the DC movies are "written by committee" personified, except the committee is made of douchebags in business suits who don't have a clue and don't care.

If there's one good thing about this whole shitshow, it's that the suits in charge of raping our collective childhoods are mostly likely gonna lose their jobs over this.

web.archive.org/web/20170219065754/https://deadline.com/2012/12/ben-affleck-senate-rumors-face-the-nation-video-392753/

web.archive.org/web/20170219070139/https://douglasernst.blog/2013/08/23/ben-afflecks-outspoken-politics-hurt-his-batman-more-than-his-box-office-bombs/

web.archive.org/web/20150330002618/http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/27/ben-affleck-drops-batman-reference-during-congressional-testimony

I am so fucking sick of celebrities getting on their soap box and using their fame to try and pretend like they know anything about politics. Stating an opinion when asked in an interview is fine, donating to charities is fine, whatever, but as soon as a celebrity starts actively getting involved in politics and doing shit like him or Emma Watson or a number of other celebrities, they need to be told to sit down and shut up.
Though I feel this way about businessmen, too. I fucking wish people wouldn't think that having fame and/or fortune means that they're suddenly a goddamn politician. People involved in politics who don't know anything about law or how the government works are a fucking cancer that only make our government worse than it already is.

I guess you haven't seen the kicker yet (Batfleck 2013 interview with PlayBoy):
web.archive.org/web/20131211220518/http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/12/09/ben-affleck-republican-actors-i-probably-wouldn-t-person-if-i-met-him

You can almost sorta see him dangling on the edge where he's sorta realizing that it's all horseshit and blind bread and circuses, but he keeps pulling back. I have a strong feeling that if his stint in DC fails and his career goes back under, he's gonna end up in a Robert Downey Jr. transformation.

Nah, it's not.
If you actually watch it, it's a 6/10, maybe even a 7. If you only listen to Holla Forums or have the nostalgia goggles strapped tightly on, you're not going to like it. If you go in expecting a guy turned into a robot shooting people, you get exactly what you want.

Please no. That would be god awful and filled with normalfags wanting it to be a trilogy, plus prequel with shot-for-shot from the games with a bunch of shitty jokes that reference it being a game so they can feel in charge.

Don't be silly. In the real world, you get to watch the rape and pay for the privilege of sitting through it.
What's the source? Is that the same show I saw the webm about the guy who has constant nightmares of being raped in a prison?

Cavill is actually a good Superman. I just wish they got him better lines for Clark instead of shitty MUH FARTHUR MUH LOHIS.
Shame all his co-stars are hacks that got in by sucking people off.

Agreed.
He acts good and looks great. In both parts, though I wish that they dumbed him up a bit more for Clark.
And didn't give him the ridiculous fake abs.

It's an anime called "Monster," one of the best shows I've seen. It distinctly non-Japanese. No moe little girls or giant robots or school festivals. It's about a (Japanese) doctor who accidentally saves the life of a complete psychopath, and decides that, as the person who gave him life, he is responsible to hunt him down. It's good enough that there's an article in the New York Times bitching about people discounting it just because it's Japanese.

Sounds like a hoot. I'll give it a try, thanks.

He looks so smug as Clark in that image. Wew.

A reminder that while I liked the dub, the only full version of it in existence is the torrent online when one guy ripped it from live TV off of the sci-fi channel. They don't even sell the full series in DVDs to rip the dub off of. The quality of the webms is what you'll be forced to watch for the dub.

To be fair, isn't that the first time he shows up in front of people as "Clark"? Wouldn't you be smug as fuck realizing people were too stupid to see through your disguise?

You haven't watched much anime, have you?

Nigger, I have spent over a year of my life in front of my TV watching anime. When I say it's distinctly "Non-Japanese," I'm saying there is nothing that would identify this as a Japanese show if I told you about it. Literally the ONLY thing that makes is sound Japanese is that fact that the main character is from there, and even then there's absolutely no plot points, character traits or ANYTHING that actually effect the show from him being Japanese. You could redraw this frame-for-frame and called him "John Smith," and no one would ever think it was from Japan.

You could say literally the same thing for a lot of other anime. What's the point in noting it?

Because the amount of good anime you could actually do that for number somewhere under 10, and most people who aren't from /a/ get turned off by the stupid bullshit the Nips like to inject in their shows

Things that would've fixed Cavill's Superman:

Cavill would've fucking killed it with a better script. But no, he had to land in this shitheap instead.

The saddest part of MoS was that the best bit of the movie was the most "un-superman" part of the whole movie

I kind of preferred if both his parents were alive like in the DCAU. Its nice seeing them and it helps distinguish him from Batman and other heroes*Flash* who seem to do the whole my parents are dead thing nowadays.

Flash's family isn't meant to be dead, though, that was Geoff Johns' retardation. He is one of the few comic heroes whose entire family is meant to be all good and well.

Superman's parents being alive is merely an excuse for retarded scenarios where Clark runs home every fucking time there's a moral conundrum to get reassurance that he's a good boy. Instead of acting like a grown-ass man. Not to mention, the difference between Superman and Batman is that Batman continues to be a whiny bitch boy about his parents well into his adulthood, while Superman's parents merely passed away and he accepted it as a part of life.

Yeah, I was kinda surprised at how much I liked Russel Crowe in the role. But I still thought he was too involved in the plot, to the point of being a freakin' Deus Ex Machina.

That is so comfy fam. Thanks.

I guess that could work. Agree with you on Russel Crow I was surprised at how good he was. If they were hell bent on using Zod then I think it would've worked better if they tried a pesudo-father figure angel since he could teach Clark more about Krypton.

So Warner is essentially the Joe Chill, while the ex directors are the Wayne parents and Affleck stands there witnessing it as young Bru . . . wait a minute.

The best part of the whole fucking movie was the Krypton part. A lone scientist fighting against a coup of the government to save his planet, with him using a pet dragon to evade the sci-fi police ships? That shit could have been a whole movie in itself.

Fag, you must be lying about your knowledge of anime. The most well-known ones are nothing like you say.

I don't even think I need to bother to list more than 10, given all of these are mainstream as hell.

Actually, a movie detailing the fall of Krypton would be pretty interesting. I heard at one point they had a script for it.

I was honestly surprised at how quickly Clark goes "Zod is pure evil! I must stop him!" in the movie. There's not the slightest bit of conflict, I mean fuck dude, your entire race is extinct and you just now find out that there's a ship full of survivors. You'd think it'd be elementary script writing 101 to milk that scenario for drama for all its worth (Clark going from blissful naivety at having his people back to a gradual horrific realization that Zod intends to genocide humanity to build a new Krypton and his resulting emotional turmoil at having to struggle between his adopted home and his biological home), yet they managed to fuck up even that. Makes you wonder just what the hell was going on behind the scenes when they were making that film.

I wouldn't be suprised, considering how fucking creative the Krypton part of the movie was when they only gave 40 minutes or so for it.

Bait harder fuckweed

The suits never lose their jobs. A bunch of lower downs will get sacked, Snyder and Goyer might, we might even be lucky and see Geoff Johns totally BTFO, and Ben Affleck's career is probably dead again, but the suits will carry on. They're faceless, nameless and pointless, but you can bet they'll be allowed to fuck up whatever comes next.

Yeah, this is going to turn out real well.

it is

It was all Robo but 1 scene of Cop.

He almost immediately lapsed into "Muh famleh!".

If they just dropped the Cop bullshit, went full military and went back to Kabul or wherever the fuck it was it could have been a better film.

They do this same shit to ninjas. It needs to stop.

Hey, anybody remember the golden age of the DCEU?
You know, the one where the films at least got made.

Didn't even know that had been animated. I went to an exhibition by the creator in Osaka a while back, they had about 50 pages of the original art for Monster alone on the walls. He also did a series called Billy Bat, about a "more cartoony" Batman who really exists as some sort of ancient evil that manifests in art through the ages. And a tennis story, too.

I hate good ideas like this.

What kid in the world wouldn't want to say a magic word and become John Cena?

If you liked that you'd probably dig MW.
It's about a serial killer with a tumour in his brain who wants to take a whole city with him, and the various people who try to stop him, or become his victims. There's the priest who molested him when he was little, who is the only character he seems to have any genuine affection for, the various women he seduces, murders and takes their place to seduce other men, the several cops who tend to die when they get too close, and Daddy Walrus from Astro Boy shows up and gets his cock and balls eaten by the killer's lover, a huge attack dog.

From what they say on Midnight Edge, it's not like the movie would be an adaptation on the game or anything like that, it would just follow the same formula: "Batman is stuck in Arkham/Blackgate with a bunch of his foes and need to deal with them while uncovering a main villains plot"

I always liked how Jonathan Kent dies from a heart atack when Clark was a cocky teenager. Superman is freaking invincible but he still couldn't save his father. It really helps you believe how someone like Superman haven't become corrupt while holding so much power.

Meanwhile the movie shits all up on the message by having Jonathan dying in a way the Clark could have easily prevented. Way to miss the fucking message!

Censored any would have to be able to grow his hair or use a wig. Also be able to put on an actual heroic instead of a shitty Massachusetts or wigger accent.

Those who'd want a giant robot instead.

Be prepared for the school of fish to come and smack you down for saying anything good about the stories.
The fact is, the first part of the New 52 was great. The second half was terrible and saw shit like Batgirl becoming a feminist hipster, and Superman becoming an American communist's embodiment for what the American "working man" looks like.

I thought only bits of New 52 were good like the Aquaman run and Court of Owls?

Didnt he shoot more robots than people?

But user he saved the family dog! He had a fulfilling life!

Daily reminder that Will Arnet's Batman is the best Batman and that you shouldn't watch any current Live Action DC films cause they're fucking shit

BTAS is the best batman

Both wrong.

For almost all of the books, the beginning half ranged from meh, to good. Batman Zero Year was pretty good as well.

The animated version was pretty good.

Pic Related.

If Zero Year actually was the thing that started New 52, I think DC would had more success.

Demon Knights was the absolute best book.

If only

The first part of New 52 was just as bad as the second part. It was just a different kind of bad.

lel

Will Arnett’s LEGO Batman is Ben Affleck’s Favorite

archive.is/WxIIM

You were saying?
You know it'll be Shazam… forever

I'm annoyed by this in cape films. The only time I can tolerate it was for Captain America because he's a soldier in WW2 so it makes sense. For this it gets annoying. Wish they would just use the warbird leotard.

There's a way to make an armored hero look good but you'd have to make it sleek and simple. Which modern cape hero designers are incapable of. Case in point, Arkham Batman. Far too busy with too much going on and trying to be an Ironman sort of character.

For spandex, all it takes is a real quick modern redesign that doesn't stray too far from the original look but still looks good on screen. Yet no kikewood directors or execs seem to wanna try that anymore. It's just tacticool armor that ends up looking sillier than the original source material.

Sage for slightly off topic.

N-no user, we all know all anime are just harems, hentai, and giant robots! The internet tells me so!

I mean… At least they realized that the dyke haircut she's got in the comics would look like shit.

I miss old Mrs Marvel

Lego Batman is going to go down as one of the best Batman movies ever made.

Eh like 0.01% of anime is something unique that is also good. Most of the stuff that doesn't carry over is just japanese stuff that lasts forever.

Its making the cinematic look like childs play

Only the comcis use that stupid dyke hair.

It's not like she's been prominently featured other places.

"What is something you don't hear from anyone in any of the entertainment industries in 2017?"
"Correct! You have the board."
"I'll take 'Hollywood Jewry' for $1200, Alex."
Doo doo DOO doo!
"It's a Daily Double!"

Agreed.

Quit while your on a high note.

What high note? The DC movies are so low they're almost hitting the ocean floor.

Captain Sivana would be kind of retarded in a shazam movie, since to work it relies on years of him getting rekt by the big red cheese.

Unfortunate but true

Gods and Monsters did a pretty good take on Sivana

It really is the Dawn of JUSTice.

The fact I don't recall Sivana in the film suggests otherwise.
Was he one of the scientists along with Fries and Langstrom?

Looks like it gained the guy who did the Rise of the Planet of the Apes

The designs aren't exactly shit. The problem is the movie is shit. You can have nice armor like Jor-el and do something stupid like kill Johnathan Kent cuz lol so edgy

Or at least add some color.

I think so.

Right here

Maybe see it from the point of view of people working on it. Executive meddling on a microscopic sale for the Batman franchise. It's their personal vanity project because unlike all the other stuido's, Warner was handed the keys to the kingdom with a expanded movie verse with DC comics.

The stupid thing is that the Superman and Wonder Woman costumes are both very colourful, but the post-production filters all that out and makes them monochromish, can't vouch for Flash, but I imagine it's the same story there.

TORCH THE COSTUMES! FILTER WARS NOW!

More like the studio ruined it, the director's cut is pretty good.

movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1879
denofgeek.com/movies/spider-man/13233/underappreciated-movies-daredevil-the-directors-cut

That was what I meant to say, but I'm retarded.

I'll check it out

the remake was actually pretty good. You have to be really nostalgic to hate it

It's pretty good for a current year reboot. Better than it had any right to be.

It was average at best, more wasted potential than anything else.

This series was cancelled to soon.

They still ruined Elektra.

man, how can you say that film is any good. subjectively it is a sad excuse for a robocop reboot. and if it were any good by studio standards, there would be talks of sequels. at least they didn't go full ghostbusters and make murphy a big black dyke.

and why did they keep murphy's hand? wtf

note that this article is old

reeves is definitely in

twitter.com/mattreevesLA/status/834963502410297344

negotiations never truly broke down. it is thought that:
1) reeves' people 'leaked' the fake story to get him a better deal
or
2) affleck's people 'leaked' the fake story to get warner to close the deal because his newfound reputation as talented has started to crumble

ThIs, the costume for superman was actually respectful to his original color sheme and had nice reflective properties to boot, making him naturally brighter (as it should), very impressive prop if you ask me. It's a shame we never got to see it thanks to the edgelord oversaturated grimdark filters.

Not really, the Director's Cut is only marginally better

It was supposed to be symbolic part of his humanity.

Still seems kinda odd.

It was meant to be something like "Da publik wont let masheenz on da streetz, we'z need u 2 hav an hand n shit".

It could of been better done as "People need to see flesh so they know you're still human, then once they're used to you we put out legit robots".

NuRoboCop had better smug Murphy than the original films, and I enjoyed that.

I still think it looks awkward without the strongman tights.

Its the lack of red not breaking up the blue

Cowboy Bebop is the only good one on that list.

Ah, that good old bait pasta. Never fails.

Pretty spot on. There's gotta be a way to do it without making it too campy looking for a modern look.

Fuck you, Death Note is legit great. Spinoffs and live action remakes not so much but still.

Well, to be fair, that is the majority. Didn't last year have like fifteen or so different light novel adaptations with a harem? While anime ranges into a lot of genres, the bread and butter is shallow power fantasy haremshit.

There was nothing wrong with his red shorts. Fucking executives with their 'everything has to be dark and realistic' mentality figured no one would take a guy who wears his pants outside his trousers seriously, despite the fact that Superman had been going for nearly 75 years at that point and nobody cared. He even survived the 90s with his costume relatively unchanged, black costume and electric Supermen notwithstanding.

Yeah I gotta agree. The red shorts are amazing, a staple of the character, and a perfect way to break the blue on the costume. It works fine on paper and animation but in live action it can look maybe a little too silly. Which isn't a complete problem considering superheroes are kinda silly already. But noooooo. Kike execs just gotta fuck it up one way or another. Now the whole thing they tried setting up only rakes in money because people wanna see how fucking terrible it is. It's god awful and a disrespect to the idea of superheroes. I'm just gonna stick to Japan's stuff until our companies get their heads out there asses to make good hero shit again.

But this is just the thing. It looked fine when Christopher Reeve wore them. It looked fine when Brandon Routh wore them nearly twenty years later as well. You don't pull on Superman's cape. Pretty much all the other circus performer based superhero costumes got changed and updated around the 1950s/1960s but Batman and Superman's designs endured. The reason for this is - they work. There's nothing wrong with them whatsoever.

I suppose if you keep the designs and just update the material then it'd look good.

The red briefs are like the goofy costumes in Ultraman: You have to accept them as a part of the genre. No amount of "updating" would ever change that fact.

There needs to be at least some polish here and there to keep it looking good onscreen if you're not going for a golden age look. That's just simple fact. Redesigning it too look like a gay chainmail suit thing is not the right step at all, of course. Just touch ups here and there. You don't reinvent the wheel. You streamline it to work better for what you're making.

He deserved it
He deserved to suffer

I watched the whole thing a while back and loved it steiner a best
is the english dub any good?

Its pretty top notch

He'll sleep in the hole he's dug.

Or the upcoming netflix show.

Eh.

That's so fucking far from the source material that it's not even worth mentioning. Gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Maybe when he's older he can play Ra's Al-Ghul.

>>>/a/

The industry just needs to crash already.

The kikes have to start dying off first.