Holla Forums Draw thread

Figured I'd make a comfy art thread just for kicks.

Post some OC, make some requests, keep it Holla Forums

my windmill of happiness is shit, I am sorry

Other urls found in this thread:

ctrlpaint.com/
mega.nz/#!H0tGAJYD!q0LTReJWlhctGP3HVdWf-lE-GSgYeFs3S_WXj-QpQns
artrenewal.org/pages/ARCeducation.php
dropbox.com/sh/6paa4ud1c4fiprc/AABGVaC1nDroMyilmNLzimNEa?dl=0&lst=
img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1447/81/1447811883465.png
my.mixtape.moe/dxbize.svg
my.mixtape.moe/cwbnob.svg
my.mixtape.moe/vtrogw.svg
my.mixtape.moe/wjldta.svg
my.mixtape.moe/locdli.zip
getmosh.io/
my.mixtape.moe/yityet.svg
my.mixtape.moe/lhzcwb.zip
prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html
helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-offline-activation.html
helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
my.mixtape.moe/rlhoru.ai
archive.org/details/Ley-Robert-Organisationsbuch-der-NSDAP
archive.org/details/OrganisationsbuchDerNSDAP
newgrounds.com/portal/view/683082
theocrata.deviantart.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here's a merchant and a pepe just to kick things off.

Nice merchant. Saved.
Requesting Trump on top of a hill holding a battle ax.

From an RPG I'm working on

Sure, I'm not too great at poses, but I'll give it a go. I need to get his hair more like Benny G draws it.

Sketched these after the last debate.

is there a Holla Forums version? seems like it could use one

here's the rough sketch just so you know I'm making progress

happening

Requesting Hillary outside her bus looking like this saying shitter was full…

Nice

Th-thanks Kek

At any rate, here's the more or less finished product

If someone else cared to color it I wouldn't mind

Nice! (those trips too)

Saved

Righto

starting on this one

yeah, yeah, I've never been good at basic geometric shapes by eye. I'm no Escher.

The Deagle is an impractical brick of a handgun, especially for a woman. Unless you're talking about the Baby Eagle, in which case you might as well just get a real CZ-75 instead of a ripoff kike version.

I never ended up finishing this the way I wanted to, but these characters could at least be used somewhere else.

Really nice work user, I dig your style.

Alright, here's your picture

Haha. It's perfect. Thanks Man

off-topic, kinda, but since we're talking drawing here's some work I did last year and I'm stuck with the sketch lines, eventually adding outlines and some colors but I'm lacking details and I can't do shit after sketching. Any drawfag here that can point me what to do next? I learned from Loomis btw…

Just put a nog in the last panel, like he feeding it…

bamb

Gonna bump the thread before I go to sleep.

What you have colored looks better than most things I've colored (pic related), but I've never really committed to drawing properly. As far as cleaning up drawings, some people I've seen will just mask sketch lines under a layer of paint, starting with the background and following up with colors on the subjects. after the base colors for what you have are done, work on shading with darks first then your lights. Try to keep light fairly soft for a natural look unless the subject is under intense light. Other than that I can't really offer any advice other than keep practicing until you get comfortable with it and then continue practicing after that.

Your sketches aren't bad. In some of the poses there's a certain stiffness, it's as if you're afraid of moving the pen. The guy with his arm extended is the prime example. Then in some sketches you don't have this problem at all, and the lines flow quite freely in fact. Keep doing sketches, and if something looks bad, redraw it - don't be afraid to use the eraser tool, ever. 3 or even 4 iterations are just fine. If some of them are worse than the previous, it doesn't matter, you're still improving overall.

Also, the ones you have colored don't look bad at all. You are changing hues very naturally, and I quite like the pastel style. Try finishing something and post it to the thread, I'll post more feedback.

Well there's this one

H-tler approves of this thread

say the 14 words 88 times

The thing is I completely lost the will of drawing because of that. I asked an artist for some recommended watch or books but he couldn't tell me.

I think that's because I like to draw zoomed in, in fact what you see is 6000x6000 and everything was drawn at that size, that's the reason I guess some poses looks motionless while others don't.
almost all of them are done without models and I usually let the pen flows freely. I guess what you guys said is the correct answer, keep drawing and don't hesitate to erase.
Unfortunately I didn't finished them…only a few colored.

Thanks for the inputs guys, really appreciated. It's time to plug in the tablet and start sketching again.

Okay, this image is helpful, I can give you some pointers now. Which software do you use?

krita and a wacom tablet

Please work on:
Specially the last one

Kill yourself.

On the other hand, I'd advocate for training yourself to get it right in one go without relying on the eraser because I believe it stunts improvement. Leave that for actual projects with a deadline, not training.

Some edits I forgot about.

Great thread.
Just don't listen to any weebs.
They will fuck your whole artstyle up and only request pictures of animu girls.
It's a cult.

I agree and this is how I'm working to be honest.
I do sketchs for hours instead of finishing a project…I don't know why, maybe because I was introduced to tags and graffitis 20+ years ago and I was vandalizing trains with markers and screwdrivers like a nigger…dunno, I really like sketch lines and I can't finish something I drawn.
2nd pic ;^)

Saved.

You were supposed to take a left turn to get to somethingawful.com.

Aiight, I tried preserving your pastelly style while trying to give some pointers. Once again you are being too timid in both your brush usage and your color selection. Crank that hue bar, user. Do some color warping. A value can and should have some color variation, e.g. a cheek might have some pink, red, light brown and muddy brown in it, all within a very similar lightness value. One useful thing to remember when altering the hue of a color is that in a warm light, the shadows are cool, and in a cold light, the shadows are warm. Keep distinct value groups - an area that is in the shadow should at all times (exceptions as needed) have lower values than a value group in the light. The harshness of light largely defines how high the contrast between value groups is and how well-defined their edges are. One thing that stood out to me when I was repainting your face on the left was that you barely left any space for yourself in the upper value groups. Thus I couldn't really make any highlights that were not pure white, so I brought the generic value of skin down by quite a bit. Once again you're being too timid with your choices. Big ranges of value, big ranges of color, do it.

Another issue seems to be that you have a low-opacity brush and you're doing lots of little chicken-strokes with it. On some occasions this is fine, but every corner of the painting shouldn't have the color behind it showing through harsh edges in ugly little cracks, especially if it's just two shades of the same color.

You also mentioned lack of details and I think I understand what you mean. Try to give some thought to your subject; what are you painting? Okay, you're painting a face. What is the face doing? I decided to give him this smooching face with a nervous expression, and immediatly it gives some story and character to the painting.

Hope you found this useful.

Yeah the last one is pretty bad, it's very old at this point.

>>>Holla Forums

faggot

wow, thanks a lot. Let me digest what you said now because I'm sure there's a lot to cover.

Dumbass who visits an imageboard and then complains about anime. Reddit is probably more your speed.

It's like you are purposely trying to derail the thread into an argument about japanese cartoons.

I mostly meant erasing the 'finished' sketch and then starting over, not reworking the same bit over and over till you get it right.

Now watch how they derail the thread and claim everybody else is the problem.

You were the one who brought it up the first place.

saved from two previous threads
if the anons who made them see this post, good job

i like your windmill
if you or anyone has the patience to fill a request I'd love a drawing of a aryan family happily having a picnic at some sort of grass-land like a prairie on a bright sunny day with a swastika windmill either next to them or at the distance

(checked)
Wow you're actually not bad.

change it to a VP9

also checkem

You had one job.
Check'd though.

I know its coats, but matt is clearly wearing a jacket, I cannot lie fam.

Hope you don't mind user but I thought i'd add a few things

I have two question just like your numbers
See pics

Sure. I gotta leave for now though, I'll try my best later.

Holy shit.

Did any of you notice this before?

thanks brah, I appreciate it

I miss him

in the actual match, the Umaga guy was representing Vinnie Mac, though
Trump was being represented by Black Lesnar

H-tler is not Hitler. they are two seperate entities

3d nazi sim

byootiful

Not draw related but some OC I made.

Weebs will tell you that everything you draw is shit unless it's moeblob with trianglechin and no nose.

Welp, that was an hard task tbh fam, here's a rough sketch I threw before the debate, but instead of a sunny day I put them under a peaceful moon, near a windmill of peace and a firecamp. Hope you like it.

Here comes Trump for the debate
MAGA

Remake her into an Aryan Knight.

Requesting
Hillary in the "Don't cry, Cry alot." meme

Noice

Yep.

Kill yourself.

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/freech/
>>>/somethingawful/

this is a draw thread, and he's right.

like anime all you want you degenerate weeb, but it stunts artists. people who draw anime style trap themselves into it and are unable to really improve or develop any personal style.

Perfect timing for this thread. I was just thinking that Holla Forums needs to start doing drawthreads again.

I'm open for requests.

That fucking mirror looks like a cock. It's fitting.

Quality work! No sarcasm.

GIVE ME REQUESTS

here's my (2) faggot, and here's some non-weeb OC just to trigger you

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people that like to draw as a hobby try and draw like their favorite animes and all it really does is have people learn how to fuck up proportions, espicially on faces.

t. weeb

PS have a smug anime girl face for your troubles.

How about Trump lurking in the shadows while Hillary walks down an alleyway while Pepe watches

i made this dank oc plz notice me pol-sempai

cute pup

Thanks mang, posting my other doodles from that thread. I wonder if OP from that thread ever got a response from the Trump camp

Forgot I made this a long time ago

it really is nice.

Neat!
)P D
(P '

Went ahead and colored this one in, but I've never been great at coloring so this is about as good as it'll get from me at the moment.
Gonna keep bumping the thread along too
Also I just noticed that my ID was changed overnight but I'm OP still.

and of course I forgot the file

What are some good guides on "painting" with photoshop/gimp? I know some basic coloring stuff like magnify layers and off-tone shading… but I was wanting something that looks like the classical style from the ground up.

Photochop and Gümp are just media/mediums.

I'm uploading Alla Prima by Richard Schmid right now.
It's one of the best resources for painting.

But have something digital regardless in the meantime.
ctrlpaint.com/

Don't waste too much time on technical tutorials for the "methods"– there's a million ways to do anything and all those things are just about processes that work for individuals. The flow should be your own.

My best painting (not as good as the classics obv, but comparing against myself) is done entirely on a single layer without any tricks.

Try some different brushes and get your tablet settings with opacity or whatever– find the setup that "feels" the best for you. Ultimately it really comes down to actual artistic talent and experience. The style is more about technique than tools.

True, but they can help.
Or at least increase efficiency.

As Vilppu said, no rules, only tools.
But some tools are better than others.

Progress and improvement is gotten no matter what, even someone who draws mindlessly forever witout analyzation will get better.
But someone who analyzes each time and works on weak points will get better faster.

Same with someone who spends a lot of time on fundamentals to make them a no brainer, and therefore a non issue to "think about" when studying things.
As in, it's easier to focus on learning the structure of a skull if you can already draw cylinders, squashed spheres, boxes and co in your sleep.
You don't need to waste mental resources on that and can focus on the subject at hand.

Also, upload is done.
Mega is shit, but the file is over 200mb, way above pomf, for example.

Make him look into the camera and add a DOTR caption

Gotta agree here. People tend to do best when they apply a restriction to themselves and then working around those restrictions, I feel. It helps keep your mind sharp and help you form ideas

user, we need to talk.

Tutorials are absolutely essential when you draw on a daily basis. Without using all of the tools at your disposal you're just wasting time and of course getting proportions, shadows and perspective right on your own is pretty damn hard.

Right, but I meant tips and guides for making that painted look in the digital medium. I don't know much about PS but I'd like to start making high quality OC. I'm a clay/wood sculptor who can sketch on paper but I'm lost on this digital stuff… and here on the internet sculptures don't matter for much where digital is king. I've got great spacial awareness and proportionality since I've worked in 3d with my hands for years, but yeah, I don't know FUCK about this computer arting.

I don't have a tablet… Is it necessary? Necessary for a classical look? Whats a good one that doesn't break the bank?

I was talking about specifically the technical tutorials that he asked about– photoshop techniques and layer tricks as shortcuts for digital painting.

your shit's flat because you didn't do an undercoat.

shading, niqqa. You start with a weird colour like purple and build and build and build

it's like painting

Yes. a tablet is necessary for painting.

Definitely go wacom. Bamboo's okay if you're really tight, but tbh it's worth it to be willing to spend more for something with better pressure options and more surface space.

I have an old intuos7 (pic related), have had it for years and it's never failed me (though I don't really use it like full time or anything).

I want to get a huge cintiq though, those are fucking badass look them up, gotta save up more money though and these days it's looking like my money would be better spent on weapons and prepper shit tho. :(

Yup. I've never taken any courses in painting but I was in art classes every year in high school. Since those were tuned more toward art history and physical mediums, I never had a chance to really get good at painting.
Sculpting was pretty fun though.

You wont find them. So I'll give them to you.

Those old paintings are actually fuck huge. So paint on a fuck huge canvas. Like 8000x8000 or whatever. Just use a really big canvas if you're trying to paint anything. because if you paint small you'll run out of pixels and wont be able to put in the level of detail you want. The are also vector based painting softwares like Mischief which allow you to zoom in infinitely so you dont have to worry about canvas size.

Either way, don't worry about any of that because you have at least 10,000 hours to go before anything you do will warrant actually using that much detail. You have to acclimate yourself to painting and it's a long process. It will take you years to be decent. Be prepared to suck for a long time and be okay with that.

I gave up, but maybe I'll pic it back up again one day. Art feels useless and I cant imagine making a living off of it so now I lift instead.

Not even kidding just get a M$ surface 4 and install that furfag art software.
t. gondola crafter

Well, that's done using, well, painting techniques, like blending and co.
Values, lost edges, etc. The digital brushes replicate that to an extent but you'll still need to know *why* things look the way they do.
Canvas and physical brushes merely have some additional texture, as in, little bumps and stuff.
But they don't magically create a good painting on their own.
Digital has filters though that can introduce grain and stuff.

I linked you control paint, there are probably other resources.

That depends on your sanity and patience.
Rembrandt could probably create something amazing with a piece of chalk up his ass, given enough time to get aquainted with that medium…but using brush and canvas probably yields results faster.

So, yeah, if you want to stay sane, invest in a tablet.
Even a shitty one is better than the mouse or touchpad.
But you can do it with a mouse, too.

start watching speedpaints on youtube of shit that interests you

Unless you feel like drawing with your mouse, yes.
I have a cheap Adesso tablet that works most of the time but has a little input lag every now and then and will stutter.

I'll take a look, thanks

I've heard people suggest bamboos but what is a good bang-for-buck step up? I'm not looking to spend more than 2-300 for something with my current job but if you REALLY think more should be spent then I guess I can just save up.

I know that feel…

That's a very interesting point, I hadn't thought of it that way.

That's pretty blackpilling, bro.

I'll have a looksee, thanks.
That's a topkeks analogy.

Not mine.

Also, to make it clear.

I don't wanna bust your balls, or anything.
But just like one user pointed out that focusing too much on "technique" or something is not too conductive.
Wanting a "silver bullet" isn't either.

Understanding is the key.
(And practice, but mostly understanding.)

There are no real shortcuts.
For painting you need to know concepts like value, for example.
If you don't know how to deal with value, how to make it do what you wish, then you will not go very far, unless you go full on abstract, or something.
(An exaggeration, but still)

For this you need to know the concepts.
Like how to block in values.
(I know I'm ragging on values, but they're one of the most important things for anything colorized)

How you bring the values onto the medium is secondary.
Sure, it will help to know how to handle a pencil to make a shaded in area uniform and all that, but if you don't know *why* you are blocking in things with 2 values first, for example (a common technique) then you either have to rely on finding this out yourself (slow), use the knowledge of someone else (pretty fast) or use some other technique, which may be worse or better.

And that's just one aspect.
But yeah, I hope I'm not dragging you down, or anything.
I'm a very lazy person that's why I try to advocate for ways that give good returns.

Even if many of them begin with utter slog, like grinding simple shapes in perspective, or just drawing circles, lines and arcs for hours on end.

That's not much fun, but will pave the way to anything else in the future nicely, making new things a fun cruise instead of a mind crushing experiment.

No it's not. Being an excellent artist is one of the most difficult things I can imagine. There is nothing wrong with something being incredibly difficult. There is nothing wrong with being bad at something. If you thought you were great but you weren't actually great you would want someone to tell you, wouldn't you?

If you don't have the time, if you don't have the hundreds of thousands of hours to dedicate to becoming excellent at painting then don't even fucking bother.

I gave up because adulthood hit and the tiny amount of free-time I have is not enough to become consistently better at art. I just don't have a high volume of hours to consistently dedicate to the craft.

For lifting I just need an hour or two tops.

Let me try and whitepill you, then.
Even just a little bit.

You can do whatever you like, however you like.
You will get better. Talent has very little to do with drawing, in my opinion.
Even if you do boring zentangles all day, you would still get better in ways.
Like hand eye coordination, patience, etc.

The only way to truly fail at drawing is to stop.
Because they you draw worse than someone who just does a blind scrawl on a paper.

But if you keep at it, even helter skelter chaos no brain, you will improve.
I guarantee this.

2-300 is more than enough to get something solid. Find the biggest Intuos you're comfortable buying and you're good. Bamboo's for anime kids who buy tablets with their birthday money.

When digital painting, plan to export the finished piece downscaled. I usually paint at 3-4 times the size of the finished piece.

This.

You just have to put the hours in. If you have the time or MAKE the time you can do anything.

Ya dude we literally summoned an ancient god of chaos. If we can do that, learning to paint is fucking nothing.

No it isn't. Especially with the rise of indie non-games the past several years, you can earn commissions.

Been wanting to make RACE WAR THE VISUAL NOVEL for a while now but all the non-sucky artists I look up are SJWs

You need to do at least 100 more portraits. Ready go.

There is a certain level of quality you need to achieve before people start stuffing money down your gullet.

Are we having these threads regularly? I've noticed 2 so far.
I really like it. Not many requestfags, people actually trying to improve instead of making animu.
Thinking of making a Hillary drawing where she goes crazy and threatens to launch nukes.
Anyone got ideas to make this work or what she could be saying?

Oops, I sound rather contradictory there, but what I mean are two different things here.

"You need this brush for this effect and it will be awesome, and you layer it up like this"
As "technique" and "by blocking in two values, after squinting at the subject to reduce values, you get a very good idea on where to place the two most extreme value regions in the piece", as "approach".

I'm fumbling with language here, but you know what I mean, yes?

you serious fam? i been doing some char designs for an idea for a trumpist-themed VN (not all the way racewar tho, but the idea was anti-commie 1984 type shit). (pic related: char concept. the cartoon style is for speedy animation, but decidedly non-anime)

(heil)
Yeah I get what you mean… Do you think books on painting itself would be better to read [u]for concept[/u] and not get hung up so much on the "digital key-stroke custom brush gimmicks" aspect of it? If so, got any favourites?

Yeah, I'm an adult as well but it seems for a movement about truth and beauty there doesn't seem to be enough beauty creators. 80's future fash edits and photoshopped maga hats on anime girls are nice and all but it seems we really need some uplifting things to give the movement a punch. Low-effort maymays only have so much mileage in them.

Or understanding of "why".
An insight into the nature of things and how it helps when applied to painting.

Like different models on how to simplify a skull to draw it in whichever medium.
Understanding the simplified skull in 3d.
Even if you don't know how to best wield a brush, if you *understand* the subject.
If you have an approach on how to pose it, imagine it, etc, then that's most of the battle.

How you actually bring it onto canvas or digital paper is secondary and much less important.

And that's why tutorials can be bad and good.

If you have a tutorial where you just copy something without understanding concepts behind it then you will only get good at copying that subject.

But if you have a tutorial that teaches you the understanding of a subject, then you can apply this to mediums and their techniques.

It's like knowing how to program.
If you know the concepts behind it then the language is just flavor (for the most part)

But if you only memorize keywords and stuff, then you don't necessarily know how to program well.

So, yeah. Don't sweat magic bullets like "what program are you using for this" or "what brush set is this".

But sweat over "why are you constructing it like that" or "is there a better way to plot rotations of primitives in perspective".

Okay, good. Cause, again. I don't wanna drag you down.

Alla Prima, a book (pdf) is at this link.

It covers pretty much everything painting related and you will be able to apply knowledge from it to any medium, really.

Hmmm, it doesn't hurt to see if people are willing to pay for something early on.

Here's the thing I notice, chan artists are way too humble and very honest, suprisingly. The reason left wing artists on the other hand are so prolific is because they go cap in hand immediately and gain early support to become stronger. Also their network – some even did copyright theft then once the money poured in, went 'oh my bad' but then by then they had the funds to hire the best.

What I'm trying to say is artists here tend to underestimate their commercial potential.

Mine is going to be non-anime too but using painterly realistic portraits, the kind of high production value that would make Kotaku stop in their tracks and go holy shit this is serious. Suffice to say the style I want isn't financially feasible, even if I find the artists to work with in the first place. I should probably finish a script draft regardless.

It's basically going to track the near-future USA civil war II from the perspective of white nationalists, occasionally going behind zog lines with snapshots of people working in UN agencies. Overall a pro-white message, but there will necessarily be a lot of diversity as I attempt to put in all viewpoints (black panthers, all the other political groups I can think of). All the major endings will definitely include scenes of genocide.

No. NO. NO. NO.

The only thing that will make you better at painting is painting. Do not waste any "learning" time reading about painting. Just start painting.

You can read about painting for fun. But there is very little you can learn from books. You probably don't even know how to "see" yet.

In this post I drew the same picture 4 times, increasing the time I spent on it each time by 10min. The first two look like abominations. The I finally start to get it right on the last two. I was drawing in "symbols", but I wasn't really drawing what I saw there if that makes any sense.

Just start painting and try to focus on what makes it look 3D. Light hitting an object casts shadows and observing the transition from light to dark is what creates the illusion of 3D or depth. As a newbie you probably haven't even started to notice this. And you wont until you've done at least 50 paintings.

Get started. You don't have all day. Go, do it now.

Also, for figure drawing, Look up "proko" on Jewtube.

His recent videos are a bit too goofy and with lame humor, but he's quite the draftsman and has the knowledge of the old masters.
And even better: He presents them in an easy to digest format.
He is not needed if you study Loomis, Goldfinger, Bridgman and co on your own, but he takes their approaches and rewords them without the sometimes overly complicated stuff of these people.

Definetely the most important thing.
Cause at the end of the day, that's where the work is created.
Knowledge about things makes it easier, but you still gotta do it for reals, too.

Oh and if you want to learn to paint for real from actual masters you need to go to an atelier. Or find someone who's work you admire online and learn from them directly.

artrenewal.org/pages/ARCeducation.php

I have an wacom Intuous pro med, is that good?

That's what I use. It's good. The larger one wouldn't even net that much benefit, really the only big difference would be in inking wide, smooth strokes.

Books and tutorials are good in that you get a good grasp on the fundamentals of software first. You don't necessarily need super special mega fx brushes, but you do need to understand how to make the software do things you wanna do.

Yep. I wouldn't get anything smaller than medium, Personally.

Also make sure in the settings that your tablet aspect ratio isn't set to be stretched in any way or it'll fuck up your lines.

Fucked up and originally saved as .jpg.

This thread needs more drawings in it. Have a smug Trump.

And for example you can't repeat many traditional methods without special brushes in digital without going insane. There are a wide variety of techniques you can employ with a single brush in real life, but digital brushes are often restrained to just one function. Here are some brush types worth getting (and do notice that depending on software you might have a good selection already by default):
1) Scatter pointillism brush
2) Scatter splash brush
3) Texture brush
4) Airbrush (almost 100% default)
5) Round tip (100% default)
6) Hair brush, several of em
7) Wide wet media brush
8) Wide dry media brush
9) Rectangular hard-edged brush
10) Rectangular smooth-flowing brush
now brush doesn't feel like a real word anymore

Forgot to add: if sculptor user has any questions about software, direct them to this thread

Did someone say smug?…

Just made this.

Made these in the Trump card thread

Noice, you should render at a higher resolution though and subdivide the circle much more.

windmill looks really rad, breh
and it's fine being under the moonlight instead, since it's Moonman watching over them, making sure nogs don't disturb the couple

thanks! saved

that baby pepe

I'm sorry, goon-kun but you can always fuck off to >>>/somethingawful/

Sup fags, talking requests

(Kinda)

Taking****

moonman giving trump a high five as they look on at a burning city pls.

looks good in low res and shit in high res.

…and.. nvm my pen just dief, also i don't know how to draw Trump.

:C

M8, it's more than we'd ever get from half/pol/

:^)

David Duke *smirks*

For anyone here who's reading this thread and looking for ressources and learning drawing and painting, please listen.
disclaimer : everything you'll need is ITT, matter of fact ctrl+f the green text, all by the same user

I know my drawings aren't that good and I can't even paint them (read up my posts here) - but - I'm self-educated and from reading Loomis books on proportions learning with Prokopenko or ctrl+paint on the web and searching for 10.000 hours for techniques or brushes with various artists, I can tell you that the best advices are the basic fundamentals :

STEP BY STEP
DO THIS BEFORE LEARNING ABOUT VALUES, BLENDING, LIGHTS, PERSPECTIVES, CONTRAST. EVERYTHING REALLY

Identify your object structure, make a form out of an image or an idea.
That's pretty much spot on. Look at first pic how with a few rigid lines, from a cylinder to end up with a body. all done in a couple of strokes without models. I know I'm not the best, but I can draw a person doing something if I wants to.

Start by drawing for 5minutes some lines, spheres, do the basic stuff but do it regularly before attempting to start your project.
Again, that's a fundamental point. Draw rectangles and try to be the most symmetrical you can get, Do it with circles, with anything.You'll then learn some complex forms with perspective, proportions, angles…And again, my strokes aren't the best, that's why you need to practice a lot. A LOT.

And finally, a combination of the first and the second points I've made in a single sentence. Art philosoph user ID: 9295b8 dropping Sun-Tzu tier quote.

That's the reason of my second point - draw lines, rectangles, circles MINDLESSLY, that's only get you stronger in your execution.
identify your object structure, how it's made out and how you'll draw it. And with your training at drawing mindlessly lines will make it out for you.

Lastly, since we're no more in the oil painting age but in the digital age I think it's important to talk about tablets, brushes, softwares…First of all, you need is a tablet, period. But don't get caught up on the $2.000 Cintriq meme, they're good but not needed for a start. The only tablet I had/have is a $50 Wacom Intuos. There's no need for a $400 tablet when you're starting, a good analogy is "Would you rather eat on the floor? eat on a $1.000 12ft metal table? or eat on a simple $30 wooden table ?"
Go buy a tablet, I recommend Wacom but only because that's the only brand I know, the product is good, works on most OS.

Photoshop, GIMP, Krita. W.H.A.T.E.V.E.R. the software, they all do the same basically. Really. Use what your comfortable with, don't be a PS fag or a GIMP fag, but learn to use them all. Every weapon has it's importance or flaws. Don't be a fag.
Regarding brushes, they have a big impact on the outcome of your work and they helps your drawing. Learn to use them with or without opacity, pressure, flow…

Such a great thread, don't respond to any D&C about whether anime is good or not, it's just a bait. Any ways of expression is considered to be an indispensable tool.

Glad you liked it, I started putting some colors in it don't know if I'll ever finishes it though.

working on it now.

r8 my OC

dropbox.com/sh/6paa4ud1c4fiprc/AABGVaC1nDroMyilmNLzimNEa?dl=0&lst=

–from /ic/.
Apparently these are pretty good artists that you'd typically have to pay to watch.

saved those rare pepes. Very nice quality.

Posting my OC pepes.

The Jewish internet defense force industries is part of the joke, right? Most women should NOT use a desert eagle, and there have been women who killed themselves using one.

work in progress.

There.
But honestly you should learn how to make OC.

awesome keep it up

You're pretty good

BUMP
DON'T LET THIS THREAD DIE

here's the draw related one now, made by me.

Requesting a modern siege of the whitehouse. preferably a battle scene? Trumpist partisans and defected army sieging the last stronghold of the clinton establishment

Cheers to whoever drew this image img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1447/81/1447811883465.png

Does anyone have that one pic that user made of Taylor Swift as an "Aryan Goddess"

Here. original OC

i had an idea for an OC comic, which i'm requesting drawn if any user likes the idea and think they can make a meme-tier comic.

description:

Year 2220, title "The last white man", first panel is a drawing of a house, and the street in front, with negroids/sandniggers pedestrians walking about.

Second panel, inside house, an old white man in the year 2220 lies on his death bed.

Second panel, he dies, and his last words are "At least I managed to remain free from honeypots…"

Feel free to elaborate if anyone likes it, it's to demonstrate that, sooner or later, we have to be unafraid of 'honeypots' or face extinction.

oh, and forgot to mention, I can't draw for shit.

I'm the guy who did the smug "hurricane matthew" pic.

Oh hey, didn't expect to see that (2nd pic).
I've been trying to emulate Ben's style for a long time, mostly by trying to do good edits (pic related).

In other news, a little side project I'm doing in spare time, but I don't think I'll be finishing it any soon.

Saw "smug Megumi" reaction image.
Made "smug Christina" edit.

Shouldn't Donald Trump be the King of Diamonds?

high tier

Keep it, faggot.

Those are just concepts, I'm just making figures and assigning them colours later.

Here's what I think you should do:

Trump, for obvious reasons
Moonman, because he digs niggers' graves
Ben "Ten Ton Terror of Tel Aviv" Garrison, because he clubs niggers and kikes to deaths
Mike Pence, because feels come from the heart

Guac Merchant Jeb!

Dude, the guy has been researching sodomy for so long now, he has basically transformed half of the world into virtue by now.

Just like his followers. After watching hundreds of hours of CF talking about sodomy and co, they're basically knights.

And not just people who watch a show that makes them sick of the world.

Thanks, I'll write that down.
In the meantime, something I made some time ago, still can't decide on which rare design to use. I've been thinking about nazi or trump ones, or maybe two different ones at once.

Some more OC.

Nice design. Could work well as King of Hearts, because Kek lives in the hearts of us all, and have Mike Pence be the Jack of Hearts.

You could, then, make a set of Jacks, as well.
You could use Barron for the Jack of Diamonds, in that case. Maybe MolyJew, and Chris Christie, too.

Or you could just use Kek as the Aces, since that would make Kek the highest value card in the deck.

What's with all the alt-kike cancer lately?

requesting a terrified Anne Frank hiding in a closet from nazis searching the house, rubbing her clit as the excitement of her imminent fate somehow triggers her masochistic tendencies.
( you dont need to draw the Nazis, just hint they are there with a speech bubble coming into the picture asking the houseowner if he was hiding any jews)

not drawings, but oc that i've put in time and effort

For whenever those CTR tards show up
I'm sure a proper drawfag could improve this

Mech. Eng. here

This can be lasercut

Any req?

When you say req do you mean you are going to start laser cutting and selling them online?

The fuck is a req? A recommendation or a request?

Can you chamfer the edges of it and eliminate small details like that weird top of the beak? Or does the cutter only cut from top down?

Requests - as in other stuff that i could draw. Im not selling anything.

its perfect user

Very raw logos/symbols. Do as you wish.

16 on 'Radiance' since 16 is a significant number in the digital world, like 12 is in meatspace.Center of 'AryanStar' is not what it appears to be. There is constructive logic (Almost purely constraint-based, with only two dimensional parameters).

that horse has five legs

bump

17+ hours in saipaint

here's a little Ben Garrison I whipped up

ok

Legit.

You anons should consider working in vector based programs like inkscape(free) or illustrator(adobe).

You can make symbols that scale infinitely and look professional. It's the industry standard for logo/icon design.

bump

k

fucken saved user. i can get not finishing the deck, but totally finish up the royalty cards dude

The hair is fine. The eyes and nose look kinda asian

well… moonman is the one man Klan after all

KKK
KEK
KKK

Someone redraw this cinnamon bunny grill as a trump supporter and make it extra kawaii.

Her creator's triggered by trump, so there's potential for extra keks.

I wish I could doodle like the superior anons

Quick drawing of anne frank touching her clit but for the closet and nazis part I'll see that for later.

Really cool style, distinct. 9/10

This as well, nice.

too bad loser, because it's-

TRUMP WORLD

Bump for a decent thread. Really admire some of the work here, especially the ultra-super-rare Pepes (just because I like the Pepe meme). Wish I had your talent.

Question. Remember when Aids Skrillex and Carl the Cuck memes debuted? It seems like making a MS Paint meme like that from a photo is probably not super hard, but how does one do it? Maybe somebody here could post an illustrated example? Thanks and cheers!

this goes into the right direction, try making her being anne frank a bit more obvious though, i really think the picture concept has potential.

That's understandable, of course, because that would be a world of LABOR and not one of FRAUD and PROFITEERING!

I do mess around occasionally in Inkscape. I'm still figuring it out, so it's pretty basic stuff that I'm making so far.
>>7950452 was intentionally pixelated.
my.mixtape.moe/dxbize.svg Cleaned up someone else's design
my.mixtape.moe/vtrogw.svg Cleaned up someone else's design
my.mixtape.moe/wjldta.svg
I also have Illustrator, but don't quite know how to use it yet.

Made template of 2nd pic related. GIMP file with fonts included in the .zip
my.mixtape.moe/locdli.zip

(Checked)
Nice work.

The main idea is to not use lines, but instead rely on constructing solid shapes and making sure that those shapes are closed.

Your main tools are:

Once you've got an image you like bring it into photoshop to add whatever effects. Never use the native illustrator effects because they render like shit.

Thanks. I use getmosh.io/
after fucking about in photoshop for a bit. Give it a try. The key is to not go overboard with the effects. Subtle touches add up.

Hot stuff.
her tumblr is Scarfity.tumblr.com

some stuff I made in recent history

Boy, she must really be asking for that cinnaMAGA bun edits.

Highly recommend you either

Or

Or do the first then the second. The stick on halfchan's /ic/ board is really useful.Nice attention to detail on the mg though.

breddy gud m8

That was fun

Isn't that bun flipped inversely? it says "AGAM". :^)

>>>/zoo/
that's too furry even for a >>>/monster/

Well, ain'che seen the original OC? It was already post/monster/ to begin with.

Am I good enough for commissions? I need bux big time.

forgot pic

Just a little reminder for ya's :^)
Wonderful art, it's wonderful art! Believe me. Keep up the great work!

shes probably not voting

She also dislikes third parties as well.

yep she's signaling

Figured, hence why kawaii-er redraws of her OC as a Trump supporter would trigger her into overdrive.

You must be a nigger because all I did was flip original the image to fit the MAGA hat and scribbled some shit to piss her off. But really the art style is garbage, its the same rubberlimb beanmouth thats been shitting up fanart since SU came along.

Shameless recolor and redraw of to make it more suitable for Holla Forums.

Rate.

Do elaborate on this a bit more?

Posting some OC I have laying around

tumblr's general art style.

Weebs are not the same as anime.
Good Japanese animators practice from life. Weeb artists try to imitate them.

88/14
your dubs pretty much give the rating away

That is incredible.

I see what you did there. Nice.

Western animation has been using some of the shit trends for a while, SU just stepped it up even more. Faggots on tumblr just copy whats popular with them.

I can't even look at western animation anymore. It's just disgusting.

Steven Universe is fucking unholy.
Are they trying to make everyone ugly or is this their version beauty?

Add some parenthesis to "godly" and it's golden

um sauce?

m8
proportions

Sort of done, though I feel bad for using green.
Looks more card-y than the rest.

Won't someone make it great again?

Schway dude. You're doing Kek's work.
King of clubs Bane, or is he jack of hearts?

lisa frank pepe got me right in the childhood

i dont get it. why did they hang her and why is she fingering herself

Well, I'll probably move Zykon Ben to clubs and make Trump diamond.
Bane jack it is then.

Also, I'll post higher quality version once I'm done or near-done.

Please make one for the 8 of diamonds ;)

I'll come back to that tomorrow.
Why 8 of diamonds?

Very nice; what program did you use?

Thanks for the info. the controls are still a bit tricky.

What do you make these in?

9335x3694

In the same vein of triggering tumblr/furries by redesigning their characters, could someone make a Mass Shooter out of Undertale's Serial Murderer?

bump for interest

I'm open for suggestions. Don't really see any actual request in the last 30 posts tho.

There's no reason to further aryanize the Cirno.

PS/Gimp for initial sketch;
Paint.net for outline;
Mostly Paint.net for details and colours.

Pic 1 related: my.mixtape.moe/yityet.svg
It's a U-boat emblem.

Nice work.
I missed that thread; does anyone have an archive and any of the pictures?

For fun, mostly. And so that the taco border is visible.

Just knocked this one up for /brit/.

Should I dump my smuggies folder?

Do it. These things are great.

okay, keep in mind not all are Holla Forums related though

Considering this, I have a premonition.
Kek is amphibious in nature, due to the duality of the times.
Next year is the year of the fire cock, the great drying of the kike flood.

Does anyone wish to draw up a salamander Kek? More land based, an affinity with fire, and affiliation with a god who has always been in the shadow of Anonymous.

GET WOKE

Yeah, defend one dumpster fire with the materials from another…

I feel at peace.

Fag

I don't think you understand the point
It's saying that adding a fedora/making a neckbeard stereotype out of an opinion (this frequently happens to pretty much all of Holla Forums's veiwpoints) is a non-argument, not that fedoras are good. learn 2 reading comprehension.

Nigga, did you just say "Get Woke" unironically?

Nigger, did you just use niggerspeak unironically?

There's always more and more of these types of images every single time and I can never catch up with all of them.

Nigger, did you just get dubs unironically?

Yes, I am black. This is how I talk.

subhuman scum detected, kill yourself nigger.
GO BACK TO CUCKCHAN A.K.A. AFRICA

no u

reported. nice tumblr meme, you fucking dirty spearchucker.

DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER

No I assumed you were subhuman because you admitted to being so.
Don't waste any more of my time you low IQ sack of shit, stop posting here and go home.
>>>/4pol/
NIGGER

oops, meant to post first pic related

Does anyone have a copy of illustrator they could let me use? For dank OC creation, of course.

Here you go fag, the entire Adobe Creative Cloud Suite. Add the following to your hosts file to keep it from contacting Adobe's activation servers

127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com

Download the keygens from here. They probably have malware so run them in a virtual machine
my.mixtape.moe/lhzcwb.zip

Download the installers by following the instructions here.
prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html

Also if you're going to install the updates from the other link on that page, be aware that the latest versions require a crack and wont work with a keygen since they demand to be activated online once per month.

And how to activate them offline
helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-offline-activation.html

no

Also for the license keys/activation codes. The font Adobe uses was really shitty and it is impossible to tell the difference between an upper case I and a lower case l. You can select the text and copy/paste it in to a text editor to change it to some font in which it is possible to discern the differences.

And if you fuck up the install somehow and need to start over, run this program AFTER uninstalling it.

helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

it will also reset the contents of your host file so you will have to re-add the activation servers listed in my 1st post. ffs i hope this is my last post

4th pic is quote from some article done about
us.

That's not from the strain.

Creative cloud still has the same fucking work around?

God I love how stupid adobe is. I better upgrade.

no, see

You're doing Kek's work brother
SHADILAY
PRAISE KEK

Don't have an archive, but this is the card

This kills the /gd/ fag.

Anyways feel free to ask for the .ai file

What about drawing the image by hand on a white piece of paper, scanning it, and then turning that into a vector image (Adobe Illustrator?). How would this low budget method work for someone trying to create a comic book?

trippy

I would definitely appreciate .ai or .svg file. If you're not sure where to post them, mixtape.moe accepts files up to 100mb.

Not really, but fine, here are the high-res versions. I just wanted to release them in a bunch at a later date.

Slowly working on Trump and Bane now.

Whoops, missed the eye there.

Wow. these are REALLY good. under-rated post!

Very nice. Who else will be on the face cards?

Good, but what if you reversed the colors?

Saved.

my.mixtape.moe/rlhoru.ai

does anyone have the picture of the big guy watching hillary at the debate?

have a rare pepe as thanks

Given the comic industry's currently lamentably pozzed state, I thought it would be good sport to subvert popular superheroes.

nice

How about an edit of this, but with tumblr "OCs" instead of feminists?

Was this intentional?

It was.
I actually thought about putting Kkk instead of just K in the card corner, but decided against it.

noice, saved

Nice.

Please use this for all future swastika drawings. Incorrect dimensions trigger me.

You wouldn't happen to have a pdf of the 1940 Organisationsbuch der NSDAP, would you?

sorry, only 37 and 43
archive.org/details/Ley-Robert-Organisationsbuch-der-NSDAP

archive.org/details/OrganisationsbuchDerNSDAP

/r/ing a redrawn and/or colored version of this classic.

Which one of you made this cartoon?

Join Alfred Alfer, Muammar Gaddafi, Pepe, Spurdo, Ben Garrison, Moonman, Donald Trump, and Alfred's Ultra-Fashy Alter Personality, Dictator Alfred, in the most high-energy segment of the Alfred Alfer Movie Yet!
Featuring the Sublime Score of Johann Sebastian Bach and Sound Effects from MDE's James Price.

newgrounds.com/portal/view/683082

You're a smart one, Mr. CIA.

I can't draw very well.

I will commission you to draw Jim Jones slipping some darkie a "blackpill" and pay you in buttcoin/paypal

Not coming up with anything along these lines that looks good at all yet, but hopefully someone more skilled than I can come up with something. For now, have these.

It's not bad.
Plus, your art is better than someone who doesn't draw at all.
Even a single stroke is better than those.

For only not drawing at all is the only way of failing at drawing.
Anything else makes you better, even tracing.

the only way i can draw decent stuff is to trace tbh

Do that long enough and your hand eye coordination will improve.
Your stroke quality will improve.
Your visual library will improve.
If you trace a thousand pictures of the same theme, for example, legs, then you WILL end up with an understanding of them eventually.

So, yeah, as long as you move that pencil/brush/whatever, you will gain improvements in some area.

nice. good job

don't trace. that shit is fucking gay and is a one way ticket to never progressing

if you want to git gud then learn how to draw from construction, learn to see negative space and learn proportions and anatomy. hand-eye coordination will improve with any sort of drawing, dont waste time fucking tracing.

progressing quickly = intelligent practice and self-assessment

Might redo Trump later on, but I like the design here.

I'd pay money for a set of these

These are killer, you inspire memelords here,keep cranking these out.

HOT DAGN OC

Always wanted to post this one

i particularly like the first one, saved

nice one user

Is that the sea horizon or a cloud bank? Can it be slighty higher or lower?

it's the sea horizon, but I got a bit lazy with it
feel free to edit it the picture any way you need, but I'll be at work all day.

>tfw wagecuck but bullets aren't free.
>or reloading benches for that matter

MOOOOAAAR

I'll finish it, I swear.

- I might do something cool with your star. It's fukkin sweet

Saved.

OC.

Traced from Nichijou, but drawn and colored nonetheless

500 hours in movie maker.

Good work, but it will probably trigger some christians, hehe.

That's not true. It will stunt copying from observervation somewhat, but it will still train the brain to see the structure of the subject if it is traced often enough.

Of course the goal is to eventually invent a scene from the mind, but if you don't allow tracing because it's just copying then drawing from life/reference should be forbidden too, becaus that's just (more difficult) copying, as well.

But you would not advacate against THAT, right?
No, of course not, because it builds a feeling for the volumes and shapes.

Construction is good but a finished piece is not construction.
A human face is not just an egg with cut off sides, a tapered square for a jaw, etc.
It's got fat, muscles and all sorts of volumes.
Trace 1000 heads from various angles and you WILL get a feel for how a head needs to look like.

I trained myself to draw circles by listening to podcasts and drawing from the arm around a CD I glued to the paper.
I did this for hours on end until I was really good at it, it made jumping to invented circles of all sizes a lot easier, despite just mindlessly skating around a CD. A total no brainer.
But it gave me control and skill.

And, yes, even this simple, guided task had room for improvement.
When I started I would slip away from the CD, I would hang up, small wobbles, etc.

I can't be the only one who saw this.

so thats where trolls come from.

excellent/10

excellent/10

nice

This is a bunch of OC I have made. The last one is an edited (restored) Horsey comic.

What is he spearing, Holla Forums?

A booger in a Jew's nose.

What a polite man.

My sides and benis will never be the same ever again.

A giant chicken tendy. He is the alpha NEET on the hunt to feed his tribe.

Well, what about this?

A new flag for North America. -)

Would be better used as a war (battle) flag.

reposting

Thats tasteless as fuck

Fresh OC.

Should i change anything Holla Forums?

I could probably move CBS to the dead Alucard, move CNN to Goku and put Soroses face on the hulk…or maybe…
So many possiblities.

have some of my shit OC

Is this better?

Here you go, bro.

On the wrong device, so take som illu shit in the time.

Who was that originally in the picture? Is it some deviantart OC?

Come on now

It was just a vector of the head so it ended at the neck, it would have been just open if it were rotated that way.

you could fix that if you put the jew on the right of the picture and the titanic on the left

or just hace the jew's lying on his back so his body is on the left

got bored at work, nobody here, did a doodle

I don't have the drawing skill i need for my request. Can some kind user make Trump in this pose, but with Trump's regular big guy proportions?

AWM actually did a version of my drawing, too.

If someone wants to color in, feel free.

Oh wait, now I realised that guy is running and not punching.
Welp, whatever.

No, you got it correct.

ur bretty gud ;D

tanks dood xD

Shamlessy shilling myself theocrata.deviantart.com I would have loved to do something for the election but currently im a little bit busy jim you fat fuck let me post, how fucking hard it can be to make a working captcha.

Should I make more?

This thread needs more compass roses.

Pretty good. Surprised no one commented on this yet.

Well if you want to go digital I would like to recommend Corel Painter to you, it's a digital painting software and was made to emulate traditional medium.

Tablet is absoluteley necesseray.

Bullshit tracing teaches you how to copy from 2d, also trained eyes can tell when something is traced.

An anime character from Knights of the Zodiac named Phoenix. Pretty cool (and brutal) guy.

bump

What is the base image for this? I want to make some OC
Gimme some requests guys

I request pic related, but an aged wojack looking down on a medieval village surrounded by the ruins of skyscrapers. His lantern made of diamond shapes forming a figure eight.

Its a brasilian meme.
She is a extreme marxist, and he, Jair Bolsonaro is like a brasilian Trump.

H-Here I go…

Great stuff. WH40K and 14/88 belong together.

Please make more. Also did Rhodesia really have mandatory tests before voting?

Oh this amazing, great job.

That gun is shooting the whole cartridge

Pls don't do that

Why do you post words you don't understand, Pablo?

there are 8 pinned threads? Wtf..its like ive hidden the entire frontpage

Will this be animated?

Does anyone happen to have that image of "art then vs. art now" with great works of art on one side and a woman "painting" with menstrual blood by standing on two ladders on the other side?

Saved.

I thought I had it somewhere, but I guess not.
While not as straight-forward and requiring a little more attention span, maybe I can interest you in this until someone delivers.

Saved it already, but thanks.

Fucken saved

but it's not

His version is the original idea, not yours. Just pointing out in case of newfriends.

OC i posted yesterday to fuel the meme magic

In celebration of Trump's victory.

Paganistic spirit is still a spirit, but there's a difference between tolerating it and converting to it.
Why are all kikes so eager to act like pozzed faggots?

(Checked)
Cleaned up the edges a bit