Pennsylvania State Teachers Going on Strike

Hey Holla Forums, I haven’t seen this brought up yet, but if you go to a state school/university in Pennsylvania, you’re probably fucked. The teacher’s union is going on strike, and since the ‘confirmed’ announcement won’t be until 5:00 EST, I figured this would be a nice cozy thread for you all-nighter/sleepless friends. To summarize this quickly, the union wants gibs and the state is like Paul Krugman on crack when it comes to being completely inept with money. The teachers have gone without a contact for over a year, and they’ve been negotiating with the state for some time now. Here are the players;

The union; Association of Pennsylvania State College and Univerisity Faculties (APSCUF)
twit ter.com/APSCUF

APSCUF President Kenneth Mash Btw, Mash is one real grade-A faggot on his twitter account with some of the shit he’s saying.
twitter.com/kmmash

Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (the state)
twit ter.com/statesystem

Right now they are flinging shit at each other on twitter because talks have broken down and while the strike hasn’t been ‘”officially” announced, just about anybody within the vicinity of Mash is basically hearing ‘yea, the strike is pretty much on’. This has been brewing for months now, and it has finally come to this. Since the union has never gone on strike, they really don’t know what the fuck they’re doing, with the general assumption that it will only last 2-3 days. However, after two weeks their pay/benefits are up and some teachers have already stated they need to cross the picket line because of this. The other thing that’s getting brought up is that if the strike goes on for more than two weeks, our entire semester might get nuked and will not count at all. So now +100,000 will ask for refunds, and the Pennsylvania has to find a way to refund all that money. Plus, some teachers might not strike and still teach (scabs, etc.) and we might even get a fucking administrative desk clerk to teach our +400 level STEM classes. Yay! Also, both sides wanted a media blackout, which has completely fallen apart as well. It was annoying, because for the longest time we had no clue what they were negotiating. No one knows what kind of documents are being passed around. Now we do, sort of. One side says ‘we did this’, the other side will say ‘but actually it was…’, etc. So after weeks of being in the dark, we’re finally starting to get to business and see some of the details that are being brought forth.

Anyways, I didn’t see a thread up, so I made one. Pennsylvania faggots, get in here and let’s talk.. I put together some stuff, it isn’t 100% everything, but I’m not a machine and just trying to get a thread up. I have a feeling this is going to last a few days, so let’s bunker down.

Other urls found in this thread:

pennlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/09/state_university_faculty_votin.html
archive.is/r0ddd
pennlive.com/news/2016/09/state_universities_faculty_uni.html
archive.is/jmb3j
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/09/12/faculty-vote-to-call-strike-at-14-pennsylvania-universities/
archive.is/xutRW
post-gazette.com/sports/college/2016/09/16/State-university-coaches-across-Pennsylvania-authorize-union-leaders-to-call-strike/stories/201609160220
archive.is/9mMOm
wpxi.com/news/pennsylvania-higher-ed-system-seeks-mediator-in-strike-talks_/447988474
archive.is/Boajs
fox43.com/2016/09/23/apscuf-sets-strike-date-of-october-19-if-no-agreement-reached/
archive.is/r6VxK
post-gazette.com/news/education/2016/09/23/State-System-faculty-set-Oct-19-strike-date-pennsylvania/stories/201609230190
archive.is/sfpln
triblive.com/state/pennsylvania/11249637-74/strike-brogan-state
archive.is/i8pQo
goerie.com/news/20161007/edinboro-university-prepares-for-possible-strike
archive.is/pwRIb
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/10/12/faculty-union-preparing-for-strike-at-14-state-owned-universities/
archive.is/yepOh
archive.is/2MkcK
post-gazette.com/news/education/2016/10/18/Anger-and-unease-on-campuses-as-state-system-strike-deadline-looms/stories/201610180149
archive.is/CbhD8
pennlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/10/do_not_publish_---_the_strike.html
archive.is/9yr0k
8ch.pl/pol/res/23292.html
pennwatch.pa.gov/employees/Pages/Employee-Salaries.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=C41fqsE_H1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The State System universities/regions;
Bloomsburg
California
Cheyney
Clarion
East Stroudsburg
Edinboro, Indiana
Kutztown
Lock Haven
Mansfield
Millersville
Shippensburg
Slippery Rock
Oil City (Clarion)
Freeport and Punxsutawney (IUP)
Clearfield (Lock Haven)
Dixon

FIRST MUMORS OF STRIKE
pennlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/09/state_university_faculty_votin.html
archive.is/r0ddd
Strike authorization did pass once Monday arrived.

TEACHERS VOTE FOR STRIKE AUTHORIZATION
pennlive.com/news/2016/09/state_universities_faculty_uni.html
archive.is/jmb3j

IT’S ABOUT DA PROGRAMS
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/09/12/faculty-vote-to-call-strike-at-14-pennsylvania-universities/
archive.is/xutRW
Zero pay increase is likely to lead to a strike.

COACHES (?) JOIN STRIKE WTF
post-gazette.com/sports/college/2016/09/16/State-university-coaches-across-Pennsylvania-authorize-union-leaders-to-call-strike/stories/201609160220
archive.is/9mMOm

MEDITATORS BROUGHT IN
wpxi.com/news/pennsylvania-higher-ed-system-seeks-mediator-in-strike-talks_/447988474
archive.is/Boajs

APSCUF SETS STRIKE DATE TO OCTOBER 19th
fox43.com/2016/09/23/apscuf-sets-strike-date-of-october-19-if-no-agreement-reached/
archive.is/r6VxK

post-gazette.com/news/education/2016/09/23/State-System-faculty-set-Oct-19-strike-date-pennsylvania/stories/201609230190
archive.is/sfpln

State System chancellor bombs in front of tough crowed on goybook
triblive.com/state/pennsylvania/11249637-74/strike-brogan-state
archive.is/i8pQo

EDINBORO PLANS TO STAY OPEN
goerie.com/news/20161007/edinboro-university-prepares-for-possible-strike
archive.is/pwRIb

IT’S
FUCKING
HAPPENING
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/10/12/faculty-union-preparing-for-strike-at-14-state-owned-universities/
archive.is/yepOh

Https://insidebutlercounty.com/strike-14-state-run-universities-one-week-away-deal-not-reached/
archive.is/2MkcK

Ken Mash is pouting
post-gazette.com/news/education/2016/10/18/Anger-and-unease-on-campuses-as-state-system-strike-deadline-looms/stories/201610180149
archive.is/CbhD8

Pretty article, read the whole thing you lazy fuck.

YOU ARE HERE
pennlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/10/do_not_publish_---_the_strike.html
archive.is/9yr0k

I also posted this in one of the bunkers, will probably be more active on that thread, but not as active as I'd like to be anywhere considering I have to go to school tomorrow (well, today actually) and just sit around and watch people run around in circles.

I'm also getting alot of this information about the strike very, very last minute. Both sides went back and forth, speaking about generalities to the point of death. Now since the shit is hitting the fan, information is gradually coming out.

How will it affect the election??? Will it help Trump??

Well it's +100,000 students that are being treated as collateral damage by 5,000 leftist teachers and a state whose governor is a democrat.

I dunno, it's not really being talked about, but I fucking guarantee you tomorrow it will be.

Shouldn't a professor be teaching those courses and not some lecturer?

Well the school admin is in some serious shit if they have to close the school, considering that many graduations will be delayed. Who the fuck knows what is going to happen. Technically, yes, those classes should be taught by a real professor. Yes, we might get some janitor to 'teach' quantum, o-chem, data structures or fucking numerical methods.

I fucked up this thread a bit, did a little better in this one, just with the introduction; 8ch.pl/pol/res/23292.html

Probably to hide the next video.

Strong possibility, or will be a convenient distraction. They'll find one either way.

I might just fall asleep for a bit, wake up and bump the thread. APSCUF is having a tantrum on twitter right now. Feel free to archive and bathe in salt. This whole thing is going to be a disaster.

Fucking checked

Interesting thread so have a bump

Lock Haven alumni, thank god I'm outta there.

The health science professors make bank, why the fuck are they striking.

FUCK

I forget to add this in;
pennwatch.pa.gov/employees/Pages/Employee-Salaries.aspx

Alot of teachers are saying that haven't been getting raises since the contract expired, but looking at this info, I don't know if I really believe them anymore.

I live by P. A. So I'll check the news around 5.
Also this seems like a great way to give layoffs to several hundred liberal proffesers at once. Or to start a trend of mass college strikes and boycots by teachers fed up with an education system that puts an agenda before actual education.
Where is this possibly going to end?

EVERYONE SHOULD BE PUSHING PEOPLE TO USE REPUBLICAN ONLINE UNIVERSITIES.

CHOKE THESE NIGGERS UNTIL THEY ARE BROKE.

:^)

Do you think the presidents should make so much more than teachers?

wew

This is about colleges.

Not really that important tbh.

Something to distract normies I suppose

willpo here

Anything I can do to stir the pot of hate and discontent I'm down with

Republican? Or cuckpublican?

Online universities pay shit; they are all about throughput. But I wouldn't mind doing some work for an online university for cheap if I could be sure that it were not pozzed and were guaranteed to never be pozzed. But that will never be the case until after the progressives get expunged in the war. Basically, if my friends wanted to create an engineering college, I'd join them. But someone has to handle putting up with all the government interference. And my friends would never actually get up the gumption to abandon their positions, no matter how much pozzed interference they deal with. They aren't John Galts; they are family men with middling incomes and carrying mortgages and shit.

Just wanted to stop in and give the thread a bump. I know it's a busy night with the debate and all, but as far as school went, none of the teachers showed up and classes were cancelled. I don't know what the state is going to do next. Apparently they're back at the negotiating table. That's bout it.

reminder Budd Dwyer was a hero

how is it not important? we have a thread for alec baldwin and other irrelevant shit

Just a small update on things, strike is ongoing. Embedded and related are SRU students (lol) blocking entrances at the university. This is widespread across the state. Classes still canceled at most universities.

youtube.com/watch?v=C41fqsE_H1s

Probably the most offensive kind of political organization to tax payers in existence. Also, I can't wait until highly efficient, massively attended online courses replace the current university system of rent-seeking cultural marxists for all non-lab based courses.

wew