Injustice 2

Time for a new Injustice thread. Yeah yeah, story last game was shit and the comic tie in was no better. But this game looks like it can be at least a cool fighting game for a while.

Ivy, Cheetah, and fucking SWAMP THING! YOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Judging by the thumbnail, I thought this was a new Shrek trailer.
Fuck you.

That's every Neatherealm fighting game. You casual bums get all excited for the characters and then the gameplay turns out to be shit again. The game's popular for 8 months and then everyone stops caring.

I'm almost tempted to buy it just because Swamp Thing's in it. I don't even really like fighting games.

We all know the game is gonna suck. Every Netherealm game does. The only reason anyone cares is because the roster actually has cooler characters now as opposed to mostly Batman characters.

Neither do I. But I can see the appeal to wanting to play as Swamp Thing in some capacity. Could always wait for it to go on sale or wait a year for the complete edition then wait for that to go on sale.

Meanwhile every bona fide fighting game is dead on launch by any standard other than that of the FGC.

Swamp didn't go to hell in the comics?

There's leaks now for the mobile version of Injustice 2. We get a look at Green Lantern and Scarecrow. Hopefully Scarecrow isn't a mobile exclusive.

Xenoverse 2 is actually doing pretty well.

Several times.

I'm pretty sure he's playable.

He's got a model and he does something, but that doesn't confirm playability.

Yeah you're right. All evidence just points to him in the scene transition and nothing else.

Color me surprised, that still doesn't mean that this game is gonna be good

You go grrrrrll

fucking kill me right now.

I want to drown Poison Ivy in semen.

I really dislike her moveset. It does not fit her well. Swamp thing actually surprised me since it seemed like the only good character so far. The last few games by Netherrealm after MK9 were pretty shit.

I just feel the need to bring up that all the women look absolutely fucking ugly.
Ivy is the only one who looks reasonable. Otherwise it's anything from "absolute fucking potato" to "would look nice if it was a real woman, but the CGI drops it right into the uncanny valley"

her face is ugly though

(Wasted)
Says you.

PI, Cheetah, and Black Canary are the first female faces NRS has created that actually look attractive.

compared to call-o-duty I guess

Why are they STILL incapable of making feminine jaw lines?
It is as if the only reference photo they have is a picture of Angelina Jolie.

They really can't help themselves, can they?

Why is she wearing jam tarts on her tits?

IIRC Netherrealm tries to make their female models look realistic by using motion capture of their VAs. Since they are not people know for their looks like say Hideo Kojima in MGS4 when he had BATB squad played by real supermodels. Add to the fact their previous game had the likes of Ashley Burch playing the main protagonist, its no wonder their women look bad.

that will trigger some MGTOWs

Some may take it as feminist propaganda… Others prefer to see it as "hot babes on Valentine's Day".

well that explains the whole uncanny valley thing.

wow so strong and independent!

but no really, who the fuck is this bitch? i don't even know what dumb, cucked, SJW comic she's from but she sounds like she'll become a weird cat-lady by age 50 from all that strength and independence she has.

Tbf she is usually written as Green Arrow's personal cumdumpster.

I have the solution right here.

I-Is there more of it…?

YOU HAD ONE JOB
Still pretty gud. 10/10 would fap again.

Ahh good ol' Warlord. I wonder if they finished up the sequels.

Its not about the cucking… Its about breaking the stronk independent womyn.

Yes. Pretty much a long comic about how a guy called Warlord (that's surprisingly an actual character in DC universe) defeats everyone and fuck all the superheroines.

Where can it be found, user?

I'm almost 90% sure that it's ripped off one of the Mortal Kombat X characters. Black Canary's moveset, for example, seems mostly recycled from Sonya Blade.

Otherwise it makes no sense that Poison Ivy does all those fancy punches and kicks, when she's not a good hand-to-hand combatant. Her moveset should be all about using her plant powers to fight, yet she barely uses any in the trailer.

So are these games even good?

Just rent from Redbox

It looks like hers is Mileena. It is pretty lazy they don't even try.

What is even more baffling is D'vorah from MKX has a fighting style that would suit PI, why didn't they use hers' instead?

I'm not much of a fan of Netherealm fighters because they always feels so stiff to me. I think there's some sort of weird thing where moving back and forth actually have a startup acceleration to it—or at least it seemed notable when I played Zod and Lobo in Injustice 1. Either or, the games always feel stiff and gameplay always feels like a coin flip between corner chip damage pressure or constant high low mixups.

I think for Injustice 1, after a quick while it just felt kinda… too straightforward, where every character just does Jump In -> String -> EX Special move that immobilizes -> back Heavy -> air juggle. It was either that or you'd just get a real projectile heavy match. However those complaints seem to be addressed with the ability to flip out of combos or do a real long quick dash at the cost of some meter.

I don't have a lot of faith in the gear system and I think most people will choose to disable it nigh immediately.

They used Dvorah's as blue beetle.

what timeline do we live in?

What are you people smoking? Hell, what killed MK X was what they did to the game aesthetics and the girls, but the fighting was great. Injustice worked very well, and, tbh, just needed less Batman characters and more of everything else. At least that improved in Injustice 2 so far. Still too many Bats, but more crazy stuff like Swamp Thing, Grodd, Canary Atrocitus…

MK 9 had admittedly great combat, but the story sucked horribly. I am not gonna pretend that a story in a fighting game doesn't matter because Netherrealm was actively trying to put effort into this, so we have to judge it by its own merits. The storymode started out fine, but it all goes to shit in Nightwolf's chapter where Sindel kills nearly all Earthrrealm warriors. And the ending makes you realize that had Raiden made things even worse by trying to avert the future.

MKX had way worst things going for it than just the girls getting covered up.

I agree with you though, I want Injustice 2 to be good but it sucks that I can't play it since I am poorfag that can't afford a computer nor a new console

He isn't. He is just a stage transition in Atlantis.

Fuck you. Fuck this game. Fuck off. Fuck faggots. Fuck feminists.

The story on MK 9 was just as good as it should be. The event with Sindel was indeed the worst part, but after that, it closed really well with the last fight being Raiden and KHAAAAAN, Shao and also how he made Liu Kang both an enemy and a slave of Quan Chi for being too crazy.

Now, MK X:
It was completely pointless to use. You could open everything, and I mean EVERYTHING without spending money. That was put there by WB Games certainly. When you work with publishers, you sell your soul to them.
By the way, explore the krypt in MK X was amazing. That could had been a whole new game play mode with a bit more of dedication.

It was shit. But it was the only port of a recent WB game that got completely fixed. I was there since day one, they fixed the whole game already. But look at those Batman ports, and they are still fucked.

You forgot the why this happened: They put most of the story into the freaking comics.
At first they indicated the possibility of an expansion to the story, but it never came. I still can't forgive them for not making Sindel, Baraka and Rain playable.

The problem was not the stronk womyn as a later protagonist. The game starts with Johnny Cage as the main hero, later on they forced Cassie and the newcomers heroes, and all of them were weak. The new villains were much more interesting and didn't had as much time as they needed. And they also made Mileena as a "tragic" character. And of course, since she is a fan favorite they had to have a newcomer kill her in the most stupid way possible.
Cassie being voiced by Burch was not that weird. Have you noticed how well connected that woman is? She is the protagonist of one of the biggest tittles from Sony this year. She is everywhere!
I was not that mad with her doing Cassie, I was mad at her character being the protagonist.
So yeah, the MK X story is worse in everyway, that is accurate.
Also must say that I miss my main, she was not there.

To be honest, this is the standard in almost every fighting game. KOF, SF, MK, BB, GG…

there are still basement-dwelling juggalo losers who buy crap like mortal combat?

This is why people should pirate the collector's edition or anything that has everything without giving them fuckers anymore money.

I wonder what gave with that. They just simply said fuck it and abandoned it.

If by villains I hope you aren't referring to the new Outworld characters, because Kotal Kahn did nothing wrong and for the most part they were allied with Earth until the very ending of the storyline.

>And they also made Mileena as a "tragic" character. And of course, since she is a fan favorite they had to have a newcomer kill her in the most stupid way possible.
If it makes you feel better her character ending implies that several Mileena clones exist and are laying around, and its pretty much confirmed when you match Mileena with herself in a fight

Its precisely why I can't stand the woman and I can't help but dislike whatever character she plays.

Jade?

What the hell is that thing?

Nigga, what?

The arcade endings are not canonical, and, if you look at the story of MK9, Shang Tsung was not able to make more Mileenas because most of them were failed experiments, and he died shortly after her awakening, that was already a bit accidental to begin with.

No, Sheeva, but Jade was really fucked in the recent games. Even in her arcade, non canon, ending she gets fucked out of her own body by a freaking unknown entity.
Green Girl had a hard life.

I dunno, while the arcade endings in MX9 didn't necessarily turn out canonical in X, you notice a common theme is that instead of each ending being mutually exclusive, they work like a puzzle piece, putting the whole picture together and setting up an hypothetical scenario of what the sequel will be like with Raiden turning dark (that happens in most endings mind you), Jax dying, Liu and Kitana ruling the Netherrealm (confirmed by the story mode ending), while Shang Tsung's survival is hinted not only in Mileena's ending but Ermac as well. That could be the set up for MK11.

I don't think they would be that smart. We must remember that MK 9 retells the story of MK 1 through 3 and MK X retells MK 4 from that point, and ends with what we could think as Deception.
I still need to look at the MK X comics to see what happen there in details, but I've seem some really stupid bullshit, like what they did to Skarlet.
But, hey, MK does have a good number of comics.

The one where you stop lying

Well user…
I do agree Nether loses to Rocksteady, but this is already better than the first Injustice by a long shot.

Is it just me or was I the only one that preferred the hyper realistic/cartoonish designs from the 1st 2 Arkham games over Arkham Knight? Granted Arkham Knight's realism doesn't look bad but I just prefer the stylized artwork for some reason.

Nope. I preferred her old look better and I remember lots of people complained about how she look in AK.

Goddamn.

Poison Ivy looks like a major improvement. Harley is so so as she wasn't as bad. There's something off about Selena now, but I can't tell what it is.

I definitely prefered the first two games' style. They struck a good balance between cartoon Batman, and grim and gritty Batman.

He got to bulky later on.

What's with these people and design degradation?

On SF and MK I can agree, but the rest is bullshit. KOF, BB and GG don't have typical feminist crap/censorship. If anything, in Xrd has more lewd moments, the recent example is Baiken big tits or that feature about Jam changing her panties each day. You either never played fighting games besides MK and new SF games or worded it badly.
At least you have taste when it comes to MK, I miss Sheeva too

Stop making excuses for your NTR fetish, you disgusting subhuman.

user, I play fighting games for only 20 years. I played so many unknown titles that would make most "FGC" legends blush TBH. But I'm not a great player at all, I just love the medium.
And yes, there was a miscommunication problem there.
What I meant is the fact that in most fighting games, pretty much 99%, the men are huge compared to the women.
About the sexy part, I would say that most people don't really saw the models for the females of MK when they say manjaw, it's just how Nether do their ladies, period. Every company follows an art style, and since you named Baiken, let me tell you, this new version is horrible. Old Baiken was a fit woman with reasonable breasts, the same with I-No. But those cowtits don't fit the character. In fact, Baiken Xrd is a good example how you should be careful when you sexualize too much a character that you might betray her traits. Just look at old arts from her. She had an 'accidental' cleavage, and not that forced thing she have now.
KOF is a bad example since the sprites themselves were almost always low poly. And when they improved on XII, we could see that most KOF girls are quite tame. Hell, they even manage to cover Vice, Leona and Mature more.
And just to finish, people forget how balls to the wall Nether was in their last games. Look at all the girls in MK 9, or MK vs DC. The changes in MK X were so extreme, for some reason, that I really wonder if WB is not behind it in some way.
And I hope the backlash from fans make Nether more aware when MK 11 comes around. By the way, the series will be 25 years this year I think. Not bad.
And some stuff that should be said, even if most people would not agree.
After what I seen so far in Injustice 2, I think there might be a chance of Nether recovering, but if they decide to make MK X2, they might kill the franchise for the majority of older fans.
In a way, I am glad Sheeva is not there.

Time to hide that harddrive, user

Get out with your fake stories goon

Should we storytime these comics?

Be my guest.

Hang on a sec?
Is poison ivy the chick from Vikings?

If you mean played by the same actress, no. Poison Ivy has been played in video games by Tasia Valenzia since Arkham Asylum.

probably one of these:
the catty look in her eyes
the hint of kittyface in her mouth position (which now also has a bowed shape to her vermilion borders (google a chart))
the light glinting off the tip of her nose making it look a little bit bulbous
her hair, which is positioned in such a way as to suggest her mask has a beak
her posture which, while possible, is fairly uncomfortable

What?

Oh, you mean the age, that would make sense, until Nether tried to explain her "biology" in their ending.

Injustice 2 looks are an improvement over the Arkham looks except with Catwoman.

But hey, there is a new pic with her art.

Now that's just a clusterfuck of silly faces right there.

Seems like it is just part of a larger image.
The cluster grows!

Reminds me of those Avengers movie concept art.

Or the unreleased video game.

Nothing wrong with that.
I happen to like "Buff McLargeHuge" over "Androgynous Andy, the Slender Gender Bender" faggots.

So it still looks like shit, but Swamp thing looks promising.

This i can confirm. Watching one of the preview sessions where they introduced the krypt, Ed Boon was with the faggots and Ed was so stoked, showcasing how new and interesting the krypt was and how it was it's own adventure.

Then came the part where the faggots brought up being able to "buy open" the krypt and you can just see it on Ed Boon's face as all the enthusiasm drains from him.

Dude, there were only three villains; Shinnok, Quan Chi, Mileena, and D'vorah. Kotal just wanted to make Outworld stop sucking and wanted the ability to join forces with earthrealm, but the kombat kids and earthrealm kept fucking everything up. it's why when Kotal gets ahold of Mileena, he has her killed because she's a fucking nutcase, but also knows that earthrealm can't be trusted with the amulet since HE LEFT IT WITH THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE. He captured the Kombat Kids because he knew Raiden would have another pissy fit and needed leverage to make sure Raiden agreed and shit would stop happening.

Listen here, motherfucker. I have never known someone to take a character with primo comedy snarky lines and turn them into the more boring, dull, irritating SHIT as she can.

I wanted to like Cassie, but she can't deliver a line to save her ass, and due to that, I don't fucking play as her.

I MAD

Do you have a link of that?

Is that Sonya? What a babe.

Context?