Be me

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Are FTP and HTTP the only way to actually transfer files using the entire bandwidth?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/facebook/wdt
kidsper.wordpress.com/2010/11/28/mark-zuckerbergs-livejournal-blog-post/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*raises paw*
um, aktshully, the application level protocol that you're using shouldn't affect the amount of bandwidth that you're given

If you're constrained by computing power (cheap ass ARM) and you trust the network you can use netcat. Or, also, tell rsync to use a broken crypto.

Didn't check the CPU load, but I'm not sure it's because encryption.
I'm honestly starting to think that it may be because of my ISP limiting to 3Mbps each connection, but I guess I'll have to wait until next week to find out as I'll finally get on fiber.

>>>/g/

What's wrong with greentexting?
At least sage, if you aren't going to contribute to the discussion.

Just use warp man
github.com/facebook/wdt

I'll check it later, need to be sure it's free as in freedom before doing anything.

*scratches snout*
he mentioned ftp, rsync, and http, all TCP, which have the same congestion resolution mechanisms
*serializes herself into big-equestrian byte order and dives into the nearest router trying to leave this thread* *buffer for route was full, gets dropped*
*camera fades to black, pans to desk* *presenter sitting at desk straightens stack of papers, looks at camera* and that, folks, is why u should never use UDP

It is. Facebook is surprisingly good with that stuff.
It has this weird thing going on where the site itself is datamining central but the company contributes to Btrfs and was founded by someone who uses Emacs and covers his webcam.

Sauce?
Is he less of a fag then I thought

kidsper.wordpress.com/2010/11/28/mark-zuckerbergs-livejournal-blog-post/
Most sources seem to take it from The Social Network, but I also found it in a book from 2009. The movie just quotes the real post as-is.

Dumb fuck

I am old enough to first assume that you were talking about IBM's Warp OS. (Which I may or may not still have CDs for in the basement...)

(checked)
Please copy that floppy and share.

Z is one of the greatest corruption stories of our time; a cautionary tale for us all.

Can you elaborate?

You're greentexting like a retard, giving away your newfag status.

You can force encryption to off, bittorrent uses RC4 by default so it's all fine

Kill yourself faggot.

I believe RC4 is the only option to be able to be stay in sync with other clients. Also everything but the IP address is encrypted if I remember right.

Read the site's FAQ.

Just keep using scp and stop worrying. In the time you've spent looking for alternatives you could've had a cup of coffee and watched some YouTube videos or done other work. Stop stressing over little stuff that doesn't really matter.

This. Actually running programs off network shares will reveal what your total bandwidth is actually capable of.

Enjoy your unoptimized life, losers