A darker Power Rangers reboot in the works at Netflix

Who asked for a tv-MA Power Rangers show?
theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/2/10/14578324/power-rangers-dark-reboot-adi-shankar-netflix

gamespot.com/articles/dark-r-rated-power-rangers-series-proposed-by-new-/1100-6447762/

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookmovie.com/teen_titans/young-justice-showrunner-says-season-3-will-feature-an-lgbt-character-a147978
pastebin.com/fJezPF04
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wasn't the vid made as a parody? I hope this shit isn't real. Trips confirmed.

I only need to read the URLs.

It's fucking nothing.

This is starting to be ridiculous. Here's the thing, I'd understand a more mature western tokusatsu with cool suits and all, but they use POWER RANGERS just for the name. Jesus, they tried with Big Bad Beetleborgs, and it was alright design wise.
I wouldn't have a problem with any kind of show that used tokusatsu basis but portrayed in the west with everything that involves, but nah, "let's just take power ranger and make it mature!".

Unless Castlevania does well.

Yeah, it was a parody.

We got it from the thread you made, you dont need to spam this shit.

This was a joke video, OP. The new one is dead serious.

Power Rangers and Big Bad Beetleborgs are exactly the same. They are both set in America, both use combat footage from Japanese shows, and both are owned by (((Haim Saban))).

The problem is that Power Rangers and Beetleborgs were just patch work productions using existing Sentai footage for most of the shows. Whatever new footage they made always went over their budget and got the people in charge in trouble. The IPs are in the hands of a moron like Saban who can't even make an original show that isn't complete garbage. They indeed tried it once but it was so bad that it's been wiped from existence. Now all you have is the patch work classic of Power Rangers. And now (((executives))) are using the IP that was take from Japan and molded into a shit product into a huge cashgrab money scheme. Even though the new movie will fail, they're stilling cashing in on people's nostalgia by bringing back old Power Ranger merch with some new stuff. Even the comics and a video game. It's all a sick money making scheme.

Why? Why do they need to "reboot" shows for kids into edgy shit?

So the adults watching them don't feel insecure, but I never had that problem. I don't know why people can't like something for what it is.

Well for something like Sentai, it's not exclusively for kids. Yes it's aimed at kids but a lot of them have real dark elements you wouldn't see in American television for kids. On sentai they actually get to curse. People actually die and stay dead. So for an adult to be into Sentai stuff, if it's not quite as sad as something like a Brony.

Netflix has a history of rebooting kids show to shove in gender politics and LGBT propaganda. You honestly think rebooting Power Rangers to be R rated I should out of the picture?

Like when?

Hipsters. Nowadays a thing can't just be good fun, it's got to be dark and edgy and emotional and explore the human condition or some Liberal Arts bullshit like that.

I actually though Beetleborgs was original footage, god damn it.
Well, my point was that instead of making "EDGY POWER RANGERS" they can try to do something original. You could still use Power Ranger's name for fame, since it would be a western toku, but without restricting yourself to a butchered source material or ruin said material even more.
But well, it's not like they're doing it because of their love of the franchise, is just a cashgrab,

That's the thing though. That would get expensive and they're shown to be of highest levels of kikery.

You don't even have to make reference to power ranger to make your own toku. Tokus aren't copyrighted right?. only PR is. You can even import Japan tokus to the west in a non jew way or just make your own. It's not that fucking hard.

That being said, I don't have problems with reused footage, it have worked well, the only problem is that it limits what you can do with the show. SPD did that and, sure, the guy or was it a girl? who did it got in trouble for burning money, but hell if it wasn't worth it.

Does Godzilla count as toku? If so Godzilla is heavily copyrighted and Toho is anal retentive about it. Now that I think of it I notice there is a subcategories of tokusatsu, Theres the super sentai/ultraman type then there's the Godzilla/Gamera kaiju types.

It's not that hard but TV executives, directors, companies, and hollywood in general are all incompetent. Saban can't even make his own. He needs the Sentai footage to work off of. He also owns the rights to use them. He used to have the same for Kamen Rider but I dunno if he was able to keep it after the one Kamen Rider patchwork show he did flopped completely.

Godzilla is a toku, but O'm talking more about the super sentai type. Hell, Kamen Rider would work wonders in the west, specially after they adapted Ryuki.

Saban had Kamen Rider copyrights? Didn't know about that. Pretty sure Dragon Knight wasn't made by Saban.
In any case, is evident that incompetency is a big factor. But anyone can go and do an adaption or an original toku without burning money.

Grim and gritty Power Rangers bothers me more than the DCCU's take on Superman.

Yeah he did a weird Kamen Rider thing one time way before Dragon Knight. It's infamous because the writers got all of the Kamen Rider names wrong.

Anyone can quite easily make a toku like show but yet it's not happening. Maybe they just don't think it's profitable or popular with western audiences. Now here's a monkey's paw for ya, if this new Power Rangers movie does well then there's a chance we'll start seeing american toku shows. But then at the same time they could think "oh people what more dark and serious shows! let's do that!". Then you have like 20 Kamen Rider Amazons like shows but without any of the good writing. Stunt work and costumes will probably suck ass too.

Explain why there are fags in this board still using it then.

Where you been? comicbookmovie.com/teen_titans/young-justice-showrunner-says-season-3-will-feature-an-lgbt-character-a147978

The original Power Rangers really wanted to do a lot more themselves, but kept getting blocked by the studio. If the asshole studio gave a shit, they could have produced that movie that the original Rangers were trying to get made for years, but Thuy Trang's death put an end to that.
Man, working on Power Rangers really is a curse on an actor's career. Did any of them land decent roles afterwards?

Hopefully this new movie will flop and the studio with pull Sony. Beginning to purge the staff and possibly selling their assets to stay alive or die out all together.

Johnny Yong Bosch , voices major anime characters like lelouch, vash the stampede, guy from tales of the abyss.

The green/white ranger isn't an actor, but does MMA.
Only two people I bothered keeping up with

I wanted one, way back in the day. But this was before they started making everything under the sun "Dark and Gritty"

It would've been neat.

The power of the monkey's paw.

geez, just adapt Garo or something
shit, I just realized what they might do to it. I shouldn't joke like that

I just like the suits. Garo itself as a show makes me uncomfortable.

Why?

Never heard of this?

It's like if you mixed in a little Kamen Rider and Devil May Cry together, and got something pretty damn rad.
And tits.
It's essentially a passion project of Keita Amemiya, a director/character/monster designer of several Toku shows.

I dunno. Something about it is just unnerving to me.

Looks neat.

pastebin.com/fJezPF04

Here's a link to a watch order, and a folder that should have most of it, and other shows in it, if you're interested.

Thanks

Is it available with subs?

Hopefully now they get it.

Why can't they make it like the BOOM comics, has a perfect balance of new 10's gimmicks, old plots being taken seriously and humor, you even have some Bulk & Skull adventures.

Plus this is an awesome react image.

fag

Everything has been subbed, yeah.
The first season, I believe, will be getting an official release sometime this year with the blu-rays as well.

Sold!

thats funny as hell user.

Fucking idiots on my board, I swear.

Nice to see this thread took off after anons said it shouldn't and the article is just clickbait.

(ch-ch-checked)
Haven't Jews already fucked up super sentai for the west enough?

At least the new trailer looks serviceable.

webm when?

Agony in Pink adaptation when?

bump

I guess the Green Ranger rumor was true.

I remember that from MySpace

I remember hearing someone read it back a couple years on youtube.

Boy how the time flies

She oddly fits the role.

ITS SHIT AND YOU'RE SHIT

If all the females are hot and nudist, I'm in.

The whole point is to point out that it's shit.

If this was as corny as the original almost no one would care.

Im going to see it for autism's sake

They just don't get it.

I'm so fucking glad we have Kyuranger now. Power Rangers can curl up and die. The Japs are showing us how it's really done.

I think near the part where he's crawling the helmet is broken.

At the end of the day both are still kid's shit.

Is this a frequent thing with them or did they all just get their helmets broken?

Only in some

Is this just Sentai DLC costumes for Saint Seiya?

No an actual show.

Kyuranger is solid but let's be fair Ninja Steel is a vast improvement from the wreck that was Ninninger.

I may have missed it but the fact they do have exposed faces at any point undoes the tension that occurs with a broken face plate. going helmet-less however is an entirely different paradigm

wouldn't that describe everything on Holla Forums?

Go-busters in particular used it more than others.

The Japs always showed us how it was really done. These shows are just dubbing over Japanese footage and then adding some American out-of-costume scenes

Well yeah. But some Power Ranger seasons weren't dogshit and they had better stories than the sentai. Some.

Only when they were given a budget or had no budget at all. Or when they didn't sack all there writers at once

Yes.

And better villains

How was the season anyways?

New trailer

Webm/mp4 it you nigger.

Would if i could.

Literally just look up a converter. It's really simple.

Here, you big baby

wew

his peenus weenus?

Spot on!

Nice user

I read that as 'a drunker Power Rangers reboot'. That would be a big improvement.

Not really

What did he mean by this?

Holy Shit!
We dodged a bullet.

Like hell we did. I would've massively preferred designs like this. They're not good either but they're better than what we got. Least you somewhat know what they're conveying in their themeing.

I swear they got the Transformers guy to do it

Ayyyyyylmao