Can't read issues of Fritz the cat online

Is Fritz the cat borderline lost media at this point?

Other urls found in this thread:

lostmediawiki.com/Category:Lost_animation
lostmediawiki.com/Category:Lost_comics
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

user, you really don't know how to search the internet, do you?

It's not in any of the Crumb collections?

I enjoyed the movie but it seemed disjointed, makes sense that it had a comic because I had no idea if I should know any of the characters. But beyond that yeah, it was hard enough to find the movie, it's lost to the public. And maybe that's for the best.

At least Fritz saw a DVD release 16 years ago. Song of the South never, officially, came out on video tape, nor DVD (Nor will it probably ever be rereleased).

lostmediawiki.com/Category:Lost_animation
lostmediawiki.com/Category:Lost_comics

Well this is interesting.
Did that issue of Spyboy that was literally stolen from someone's car ever show up?

Didn't it come out on VHS in Europe?

I'm waiting for the Kingdom Hearts level.

Not exactly. Fritz had his stories collected in both The Complete Crumb Collections and The Life and Death of Fritz The Cat, both published by Fantagraphics Comics, a publisher not known for keeping their books in print for long (exceptions aside). Rare, but not lost.

It's really hard to find the original, first Grendel series.
It's frustrating because the entire Grendel mythology, and every story since, either references or takes place during this one story, but I've never read the original.

The most irritating thing for me was that it's infamous for being "racist" when the real reason "progressive" people hate it is because it isn't racist enough towards whites. (Basically not following the Uncle Tom's Cabin narrative.)

Reading up on the film, Walt did push for them to hire Maurice Rapf to make the film more balanced. Here's what one film historian said about the matter:

Didn't Wagner retell it in various comics over the years, though? In Devil by the Deed and the Black, White, & Red series?

Not as a linear story. Only as side-stories and pinups and bits of prose.

Looks like the lost issue was found and released as Spyboy 13.1.

One comic not mentioned in the Lostmediawiki is Grant Morrison's graphic novel Aliens: Matrix.
Funny, because they have the cancelled Saturday morning cartoon Operation Aliens, and that is about as obscure as they come.

Well, this torrent seems pretty complete: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:em4xvftqjcrw3mdoq47p3v2j6yfj2gk7&dn=Grendel&xl=3067830150&fc=219

It has the two issues whose covers you posted plus the third one, that seems to be the last of that series.

And Comico Primer 2.

Thanks for that, for years Matt Wagner wouldn't allow the original story to be republished.

How come?

Dunno. In the introduction he says everybody assumes it's because he's embarrassed of his early work. He says that's not true, but he doesn't offer a better reason.
I guess he used to be embarrassed, but he got over it.
I personally really like the first version, there's a clarity to his vision, all of the other Grendel stories are just echos of the original story.

Coonskin tho

Thanks

I'm reading UTC right now and seems pretty varied to me.
We have a slave owner that's nice with his slaves, a racist slave owner that's nice with his slaves and a malicious slave owner that's awful with his slaves but not because he's racist rather cause he's a manlet.

Never liked the mixture between the liveaction settings, it never meshed well.

Nice user