Check CN schedule for tomorrow

Despite the poor choice of putting it on at 6 AM on a Saturday can we assume that CN is considering making it a full series?

tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/infinity-train/EP02550331?aid=zap2it

Not a fan of the Art style but I do love the concept and the pilot was good.

They'll do what they can to kill it off, I haven't seen it but the girl in the picture doesn't has noodle limbs or calarts face meaning her show is too expensive.

nah the animation is still pretty simple and the art style is pretty on par with the rest. The premise is alright, but it's muddled.

CN is going to have a rough time until they realize their diversity hires and putting people who worked on adventure time in charge of everything is losing them audience and money.

Are execs that stupid to think if you put people in charge of one successful show in charge of everything that will make it better? Could someone tell me how execs think exactly? Because all I see them are glorified idea guys who have no fuckin idea what they're doing because either they're too old to relate to the demograph or don't actually care.

Infinity train was a neat concept, but I don't have high hopes for it being good.

Yeah, they're making it a series.

Who the fuck is up at 6 AM to watch cartoons?!

I suppose kids who would be getting ready to go to school? But kids don't really watch cartoons any more.

Kids don't watch tv anymore and are definitely not up that early. Especially if it's on a saturday.

it can be good if they contain it properly and don't let it go on for too long like AT or RS

Nobody.

Exactly my point.

Y..yea, nobody is up.

That's right, user. You're nobody.

I think it's a nice thing that you get up with your dad every morning.

I also think it's a nice thing you have a dad.

Pic related.

The reason Cartoon Network is in the shiter is because it no longer has a reason to provide good content. Back in the late 90s/early 2000s the interests of both the creators and executives were in line for good content to be made, because that's the only way to attract an audience, even with the "just for kids" stigma animation had. Had the executives had the shitty policies they do now back then, nobody would've watched them. But now they're already established, and more focused on selling advertisement space at the cheapest possible cost with the production of their animation being centralized. They no longer have a reason to provide quality content.

This can be attributed to the archaic medium of television. This is a problem animation suffers from. Because the way television networks profit is a major influence on the choice and quality of their programming. Video games and movies may be shit most of the time, but at least there are dedicated art teams, (voice) actors and composers who do their damn hardest to make a good work at the very least visually and audibly stunning even if the writing isn't up to par. Animation on the other hand, has none of that. Animation nowadays is just cheap garbage made by marxist CalArts low lives who take advantage of the medium to shove their special snowflake agendas onto the minds of children. All this because of the executives' contempt for the audience and the inefficient way of profiting that comes with television. If the gaming and film industries had the same attitude towards games and movies as the animation industry has towards animation, video games and movies would look a lot more like Steam Greenlight and the crap Derrick Savage and his ilk make.

How do we fix it? We need to move the networks to the internet. That way, good shows won't be affected by the shit that comes with television like airtime favouritism and Neilson ratings. It'll also result in an increase in the quality of content, as the executives would have to convince the guardians of the people that what they're buying isn't marxist garbage. And finally, there would be new competing networks looking to get established market shares of their own, so there would be a lot more options instead of three for networks to work with if you're a creator.

However, there's still the problem with complacency. Even if we fix animation's exclusive problems. After five years, animation will look like the gaming and film industries with widespread consumer dissatisfaction and disappointment. There's also still room for executive meddling and should they fuck up and warp your unique and creative idea like they have millions of times before, you can never get it back and work with some other network.

Yeah because Netlix turned out great.

Does Netflix have any competition worth a damn? Does it have an extremely large market share? Of course it was doomed. What I advocate are multiple strong networks competing against each other. The status quo is abysmal as it is. Ad space is what matters to executives, not creating good cartoons. Once we do away with this mentality, cartoons would substantially improve. The only way to do that is to do away with the medium. And after that's done, we can start having great cartoons again.

Hulu.

I can keep watching this over and over again and just love it. Fran Zappa is truly based.

I did the same , but only after I turned 13. My dad goes swimming every day, and I was getting too fat back then , so I started going with him. Now, it's physically impossible for me to get up later than 7 am.

Think about it though. If they run the pilot that early, the only people who will watch it are insomniacs, kids at airports and drunk people who just got home and turned on their tv to help them fall asleep. That means that all critcism they get will be vague and unreliable, thus allowing them to tell a half truth. "Out of all the audience who saw it, only 300 thought it wasn't very good" they'd say, after only 1000 people saw it.

Did that too up until I started highschool. It was nice to see the cartoons that came on that early like a pup named scooby doo and the tweety bird mysteries.

As a kid i remember the good shit was on early saturday morning but not this early, fuck me.

Am I the only one who thinks this cartoon doesn't look that great?

Sure it has a 'unique' premise, but it doesn't really stand out from the other "kid-friendly fantasy adventure" shows; i.e. Gravity Falls or Steven Universe (which are both mediocre anyway imo).

The design of that girl reminds me of this one user who was practicing cartoon styles a while ago and got blasted for drawing something similar to Butch Hartman's artstyle.

It's comparatively stale compared to those two.

what girl was that? was that on another thread?

It wasn't a girl, it was an oc guy that resembles Jon Arbuckle from Garfield from a drawthread last year.

You have Hulu and Amazon but their originals are complete horseshit.

Netflix originals aren't good either.

They vary

They'll get the artists for Steven Universe and make her a strong obese womanlet of color.

I watched that pilot.
I didn't like it.
I find the show very derivative.

But it is easily the least terrible pilot I've seen from CN as of late.
Unlike the many others it isn't a revolting abomination.

This user gets it.

Agreed. The main girl actually looks different from most protagonists in cartoons these days in that she doesn't have a bean head or noodle limbs. She's still badly drawn but it's sadly a step up.

Saves costs on animation.

I never understand this reasoning. I get that animation with less details cost less, but how is Genndy Tartovsky's art style cost more than lazy potatoface animation which would look less awkward if the artists actually know what line of action means?

You can pay a shitty uneducated artist a lot less per hour than you would have to pay Genndy.

So what were the ratings?

You say that like Genndy singlehandedly animates all his shows. He is credited mostly for animation direction. The animation for Jack, Titan and Clone Wars was done in Korea, as usual.

Huh. I always pictured him lovingly drawing each frame by hand on an old oaken desk, working long into the night by the light of a single candle.

There's also *learning* how Genndy's style works, as it's technically more sophisticated than AT's style even though it appears simpler.

Seriously, just try drawing any of his character designs, say, Anakin and Obi-wan from Star Wars: Clone Wars, through muscle memory, it's a LOT harder than it looks. Now try doing that for multiple frames. AT, any fifth grade can do.

So did this get picked up or what?

user, it took two years for uncle grandpa to pick up. We're likely going to wait a long time, if it even makes it as a show.

Actually I was wrong, the pilot was in 08, and the show didn't start till 2013. Pretty long time to get picked up.

if i may add, that not just the only problem. in fact we live in an era of mediocrity, everyone knows this but little people try to change it. everybody know that art is a craft that can always be improved, with that art favors the bold, and daring only in a sense that they're honing their craftsmanship. hence why people love art made by hand that looks no different then a photo that anyone nowadays can take. but know one knows this now, as i said we live in and era of mediocrity, because artist dont want to improve, they are satisfied with what their skills are, and no one is telling them otherwise, so why improve? it is what happens when you have people who can draw but have no passion for the craft, in fact they can barely do that. it somewhat came from the stigma of "just for kids" because kids cant tell what is good and what is bad, so with that today's passionless animators can just sell your kids a show that has the comedic value of Dora the explorer, and call it a day. today you see many animators play it safe, look at half of the joke that are made (think of TTG and SU), and compare them to cartoons of last gen, with its slapstick routine, it was simple just follow what chuck jones did and you are done. but today what is being made is nothing like that, i see poorly written stories, with morals, dilemmas, conflicts, and romances, which makes no sense for a kids show. old shows were simple a villain does something evil, the protagonist must stop them, the jokes are made by using the setting, now why cant anyone do this bugs the living hell out of me, it really is simple.

as for music their is not much to talk about, it is very simplistic, and uninspired, tell me what was the last cartoon you saw were you wanted to download to ost, mines was megas XLR.

also neilson box owner here, i got $155 for just sitting around on my computer, i only watched like 10 hours of TV this month, and the last thing a watched was gumball for an hour because i was eating and it was just too quiet.

Probably not

Most likely it will take 2-3 years, that is if it did get picked up. I'd imagine that since it was aired at 6 in the fucking morning on Saturday the ratings were shit.

Who knows this show could premiere as late as 2020 if it takes time for it to be picked up.

Damn

But will it happen before they've sabotaged every show they and DC have so that TTGo is the only thing left running once Gumball finally ends?

Whatever happened to My Knight and Me?