Defend this hideous texture. How can anyone think this improves the design?

Defend this hideous texture. How can anyone think this improves the design?
It doesn't look high-tech, it doesn't look organic, it doesn't look like chainmail. It's even put on the S emblem, which would surely be a plate or tabard if this were actual knight armor.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagonal_tiling
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's cool they have that kind of pattern on it but it's still retarded looking and shouldn't have been there. What the fuck are the suits even made of? Leather? Rubber? Spandex but with the patterns on them to make them look different? That's what bothers me more. Not understanding how these costumes work.

I'm not going to click that. Can you please express your opinion in words?

Personally I would've gone with something like this, or any kind of tile pattern containing pentagons, to match the emblem and look high-tech, if it absolutely NEEDED to have a thick texture.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagonal_tiling
I have no idea what the MoS costume texture is supposed to be based on.

It looks like they wanted it to look like either chainmail or rebar.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

they're copying Raimi's Spiderman costume like every other capeshit movie has

I imagine that the texture's simply there to keep the costume from looking like spandex or rubber

The thing is, it looks more like a costume than Chris Reeve's one or the cheap looking one on Supergirl. It looks like a fucking onesie, especially with the way the boots aren't even boots, they have no heel or defined shape, they're just part of the bodysuit. The only good things about the DCEU Superman suit is the cape and the cuff things.

That would work better, a subtle armour looking thing, maybe even make it look geometric and crystalline, like Krypton looks sometimes. The wallpaper design just looks too busy.

For all it's faults, the one thing I think New 52 did a bit well was Superman's suit design. If I could design a Superman suit I'd use that as a base, remove the uneeded lines everywhere, add the red strongman tights, and make the belt gold.

kys

My dood, this shit taste is unfathomably horrid.

Opps my bad I read the add and remove in reverse.

All is forgiven.

That pic warms my heart every time, Super sons in 5 days hype my boy.

I'd say the texture is like a costume version of pixelization. I think it was an attempt to reduce definition in order to keep the audience from staring at Superman's unguarded Super-bulge.

They used CGI to reduce Brandon Routh's super-package in Superman Returns.
Why are the filmmakers so afraid of Superman's junk?

And breaking up flat colour with textures goes back to the Billy Zane Phantom movie.

They did it in Superman Returns, too, just a little subtler.

I think they're working up to going full argyle, paisley or chintz with the next film.

Damn, that Phantom suit actually looks pretty tight, though.

Best Phantom costume, coming through!

Its supposed to be alien