Node.js forked over CoC drama; new project called 'Ayo'

theregister.co.uk/2017/08/24/nodejs_forks_ayo_code_of_conduct/

Node.js forks again – this time it's a war of words over anti-sex-pest codes of conduct

The Node.js community has again turned against itself, this time over a failed vote to oust a controversial member of the project's technical steering committee (TSC) over alleged code-of-conduct violations.

Two years ago, the community was divided over Joyent's leadership, resulting in a major fork of the project, called io.js, until differences were resolved.

This week, dissatisfaction led to another fork dubbed Ayo[1], pronounced "io," nostalgia perhaps for the previous schism.

On Tuesday, the thirteen-member steering committee came together to vote on whether to remove Rod Vagg, a TSC member and Node.js contributor, over his controversial statements on Twitter and GitHub that prompted complaints. They also voted on whether to ask Vagg to resign.

Neither measure passed. Vagg did not participate in the vote and two other committee members abstained. Of the remaining 10, six voted not to remove him or ask him to remove himself from the group. The four who pushed for Vagg's ousting – Anna Henningsen, Bryan Hughes, Myles Borins, and Jeremiah Senkpiel – subsequently resigned from the TSC. Their departure coincides with the Ayo split.
[...]
Vagg, who declined to be interviewed, offended members of the Node community through various online posts. A member of the TSC attempted to move the allegations out of public view, but they're presently available through the Internet Archive[2]. Essentially, among other things, Vagg argued there are downsides to codes of conduct, which seek to shut down harassment and super-sketchy behavior within technical conferences and projects.

[1] github.com/ayojs/ayo
[2] web.archive.org/web/20170821212745/https://github.com/nodejs/TSC/issues/310

Other urls found in this thread:

raw.githubusercontent.com/perl6/mu/master/misc/camelia.txt
numfocus.org/programs/diversity-and-inclusion/
discord.gg/Q6WJdHv
github.com/showcases/social-impact
github.com/wooorm/retext-equality/blob/master/rules.md
github.com/wooorm/alex
github.com/wooorm/alex/issues/143
archive.is/2015.09.02-225802/https://twitter.com/whenindoubtdo/status/638974773956096000
archive.is/2017.08.28-225323/https://github.com/nodejs/board/issues/69
youtu.be/sIhGCRIQnCA
github.com/ErisBlastar/cplusequality
github.com/kevva/is-positive
github.com/kevva/is-negative
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do SJWs always have fake-sounding names?

AYO HOL UP

was waiting for this

How can people be this retarded?

make sure you get their pronouns right

Every time something like this happens, I check Reddit because I live off the butthurt and I enjoy being upset. They always side with the SJWs. Even fucking Reddit is sick of this shit.

This is barely really news, then. Expect this fork to whither and die within a few months (and in those few months, they'll make a bunch of markdown files explaining their politics, merging all changes from upstream, and doing almost no real programming). They might make a pull request or two before it dies and they crawl back into node upstream, but nothing monumental.

Oh you guys...

The may not have a gender, but they sure have humor.

Oh God, my sides.

What's the best alternative to node.js? PHP need not apply.

It's so simple and easy to use.

Crystal-lang

Django, or FastCGI + C if you're heterosexual.

literally who? what is that again? I think we used to use this back in ruby on rails days, which was literally thousands of days ago. now we use go^Wrust^Wswift^Wclojure^Wnim^wcrystal

Perl 6
The last retard that tried waving a coc around there got shut the fuck down by objective truth
You only need cocs if you're an asshole to begin with

For Javascript? Not much. Node is your best option for browserless javascript, and it's going to easily last through this, given that the devs who left were all worthless.
When it comes to other languages, it depends what you're trying to do. A simple web development language can be literally anything you want to do. I've made full functioning websites in C before (I wouldn't do that for anything that needs to work with any kind of user input, though). Django is pretty good as far as retardedly huge massive web frameworks go, and Python is a relatively decent dynamic language. It's not amazing, but it beats the shit out of Ruby's "Everything is magic and really fucking slow!" paradigm. Python's "everything is explicit" paradigm is nice as far as code discoverability goes, and it's good to be able to tell where every symbol comes from (unless you're a retard who uses wildcard imports).
If you want the raw speed and performance of C without the security pitfalls, it's also fairly easy to use django and python as a user interface layer and use a native language for modules (or even just cython). I'd recommend just doing Django and profiling and optimizing away bottlenecks when necessary.
If you don't need user input at all and your site is mostly static, then do static pages, or SHTML. There's no real need to use any language or framework to serve up pages if they don't change.

If you aren't doing webdev, and just mean as a general purpose language, use literally anything that gets the job done and will run your program everywhere it needs to run.

raw.githubusercontent.com/perl6/mu/master/misc/camelia.txt

So Perl 6 is not infected yet? I'm uncomfortable using Python since first entry in their community menu is diversity. Why must they do that? They should put mailing lists, forums, IRC, wiki first then their politics. It just leaves bad taste in my mouth. Every larger python project has something like: numfocus.org/programs/diversity-and-inclusion/
Statements like this make me feel that I'm unwelcome to participate in those projects. At least there is octave and gnuplot to replace numpy and other scientific libraries.

We should compile list of non-infected software and support those projects.

ITS OVER
PERL6 CONFIRMED SJW

I do not know what is best, but I like using Erlang with Cowboy HTTP server and ErlyDTL templates for developing web things.

The tards leaving node makes node.js a lot more interesting from my point of view.

SJWs are a IRL consensus cracking psyop from the deep state. Why do you think feminist academia is so well funded?

yes, this is just what we need. I need a web browser that's written in javascript and an OS that's written in javascript so I can view more javascript inside of the browser using purely javascript webapps

oh you mean Android.

This will make it easy for the DoD to track leakers and suicide them before it happens.

Android is Java. JavaScript has nothing at all to do with Java in any way at all. JavaScript was a name chosen for marketing reasons because Java was popular. If you don't know the difference between Java and JavaScript, you shouldn't be in a discussion about programming languages.

Good, I will welcome death of any dynamically typed language/framework tbh. They encourage shitty YOLO-coding style and cause influx of chads and stacies into IT industry. The only exception would be Lua since it allows me to mess around with df-hack easily.

user its too late, IT is already overrun with normies

Faggot is a a noun.

free at last, free at last
let the censorship begin

they have a discord
discord.gg/Q6WJdHv

first order of business is how to properly word the censorship

A+ would close again

also blocked from contributing to the repo
how do you feel now absolutelynotathrowaway?

there are still many fields untouched

It's good to see they're focusing on the important bits

>>>/reddit/

Completely true, assuming you define "infected" as being full of whiny little shits who are only there to cause drama with rulemongering, or what this thread's about.
The icing on the cake is that they're already immunized against SJWs taking over in the future: no room to bitch about lack of diversity, they already score better on that than every project with a CoC. You wouldn't know it without lurking for years because they don't make a constant fucking deal about it, they're all there for the code.

Hallo Franz

Do you have an argument against user other than "reddit"? Because from an outsider's point of view, it sure looks "infected".

All I see is good things for Node.js. That was a rocky strait and they navigated right through it, even managed to have a few liberal fags jump off the ship along the way.

it's almost like a parody, but its rel

why is the west so deranged and weird?

t. latvianman

Jews.

it would amaze me if a single one of these 4 wasn't a jew

Yeah actually, he's sperging out over a logo, something that cuck/g/ trash and the bottom dregs of /r/programming threads love to bitch about, but more specifically he's throwing a shit fit about having his sexuality questioned which means he's not all that secure about it in the first place
QED you only hate the logo because you secretly love dicks faggot

Not "a few"; it was all 4 who voted to remove him. All the idiots in charge successfully purged themselves from positions of leadership.

Oh, you're actually defending the sentence itself. I see you're just retarded.

Why do you want an alternative? The SJWs are forking because they didn't get their way.
node.js went through an accidental purge.

Both try to secure their job by prefacing their public Twitter feed with "what I post is my private, own business" in hope that what they say won't get in the way of the contract they signed with the company they work for... then they proceed to force an associate to resign for expressing his own opinion on Twitter. Can they possibly get more dense? I don't think it's possible.
For partaking in this bullshit, I'm never going to talk about neither of you in third person; you don't deserve other people to know of your existence. You may stick your favorite pronouns up your ass. Thanks for your cooperation.

It's time's like these I wish English had a really rude word for addressing people that wasn't just based on using the normal words with a snarky tone.

so? what is wrong about that?

To be completely honest, that's one of the best CoCs I've ever seen.

no I'm calling out a nigger for what they are

I really wonder

neo-Holla Forums

First time I have ever heard anyone else other than myself reference this handy tool. Why does no one else talk about it?

github.com/showcases/social-impact

github.com/wooorm/retext-equality/blob/master/rules.md

Not sure. People like overengineering solutions. I've seen people who literally should be writing up static pages instead writing up HTML templates and hooking in a database. They spend 10 times the effort for flexibility that they'll never use, and get a slower, less responsive, more memory-hungry site as a result. I mean shit like artists and programmers just creating a personal site for their portfolio and shit, no blog, no news posts, nothing that would warrant hooking in a database. These fuckers spend days designing the perfect schema for rendering an HTML unordered list, when they could have gotten the job done in 15 minutes by just writing up the HTML.

woah there buddy. you are making a lot of shit up. it really looks more like you are the one sperging out.

HTTP request by itself is user input too.
if you think remote users can't put arbitrary shit into HTTP headers, etc, then have some bad news.

What in the fucking fuck is this?

Someone fork that project and reverse warnings: warn about sensitive and considerate language.

Here is another one:
github.com/wooorm/alex

We need good offensive language generator. Perhaps something with machine learning, this seems to be a thing now. Maybe even connect it to twitter to shitpost automatically.

I don't think they understand what it means.

no fuck off. the web was already built in 1999. you faggots keep adding new standards and now it's impossible to build a conforming web browser that isn't shit

That's only for nouns, not people, silly.

The issue tracker for this thing is depressing. They're really serious about this shit.
github.com/wooorm/alex/issues/143
Heh.

wot'n tarnation?

Not for them. For ages faggots were whining they should be allowed to marry each other. When they got that the cause they all had was gone, but the political apparatus, the hundreds of pro-faggot orgs weren't willing to let go of that easy cash. So they invent these bullshit issues that didn't exist just a few years ago.

Have you ever heard of one of them being attacked in a bathroom

It's like the "college rape epidemic" and "rape culture" hysteria. Whether or not a problem exists, if the idea that a problem exists at all can be injected into public discourse, debate will shift toward "solutions" for the "problem", rather than the veracity of the entire situation. Absolutely Goebbels-tier.

Surely even the most chaste of men would be unable to control his urges when confronted with a female form as perfect as this.

Because they are fake

this is satire right?

wat.
im pretty sure "commited suicide" was already the politically correct wording of "killed himself"
welp, the economy is going to crash at this rate

Also offensive to the... er, residentially challenged. Oh, wait, I forgot, economic class doesn't count as privilege to SJWs.

Oh man that's the tranny that wrote a while back about Samus (from Metroid) being transgender based on a poorly translated interview and then went into a complete meltdown after people said it was wrong.

archive.is/2015.09.02-225802/https://twitter.com/whenindoubtdo/status/638974773956096000

Obviously the CoC also doesn't applies to >her

archive.is/2017.08.28-225323/https://github.com/nodejs/board/issues/69

ayo wassup wit these faggets tellin men that we are incompetent babies when were the ones doin most of the work ?? smh tbh

So they fork a project and then proceed to just drive off of a cliff? This is turning out to be pretty fun to watch.

We need to help them crash and burn in a big way.

Hop onto their project spouting
and then proceed to introduce critical security bugs disguised as shit code? Basically, pull a SystemD on them.

We also need to encourage this for as many projects as possible. Make the trash take itself out, so to speak
Eventually even people who are sympathetic to them wouldn't want to work with them on the basis they always fork over drama and cause projects to crash

I think some of them might be able to recognize shit code. What I was thinking about was more along the lines of manipulation like the 4chan vs Tumblr war.

youtu.be/sIhGCRIQnCA

It's been proven again and again that they don't mean anything there. CoC is never applied on their own bullies, only on people outside of the ingroup sanfrans tier cliques.

>[ok] (((suicided)))

github.com/ErisBlastar/cplusequality

Did they off themselves (which is more than they deserve).

He. It, at least.

can we all stop and just appreciate that in this day and age, the culture war has reached a point where people are arguing over the gender semantics of a project that, in it's totality is SERVER-SIDE JAVASCRIPT. People are basically arguing over whether an aborted fetus that never developed genitals is a boy or girl or attack helicopter. Meanwhile in other language hemispheres production continues without culture war issues. Is this a sign that Javascript, and Node.JS in their entirety are stinking garbage heaps of uselessness only attracting the flies of gender-conflict?

Node.js is for web-dev hipster who learned a shitty language for their front-ends and then couldn't be bothered to learn anything else. It's OK to use JavaScript for front-ends because you don't really have any choice, but there are so many other better things you could use on the back-end. So yes, Node.js is for the lazy trash programmers.

Remember what happened that one time when a left-padding NPM library got pulled from the servers? Sometimes I am not even sure if an NPM package is for real or just a parody:
github.com/kevva/is-positive
github.com/kevva/is-negative

Maybe if you weren't such a shit programmer you could do things without downloading a library.

Can we just take a minute to appreciate this amazing name? I just wish it were the other way around.

JavaScript is shit, but that has nothing to do with the left-pad library. The left-pad library disaster just shows that Node.js users are shit as well.

I'm the same, don't understand why and it is frustrating.

THEN WHY ARE YOU PART OF A CODING PROJECT YOU DUMB CUNT?!?!

Is there somewhere I can be spoonfed FastCGI + C? I've been using CGI + C for a project, but would rather use FastCGI, but I'm too much of an idiot to figure it out.

Once I'm done with this two month long project I'll probably take ten minutes and rewrite it in python.

I've tried octave on more than one occasion and it's buggy as all hell

I thought early JavaScript had a Java like syntax? I've never used either of them.

Iirc SSI's are supposed to be very slow. Don't remember where I read that, but I imagine you could completely sidestep php with SSI's and CGI scripts.

This needs context.

Sometimes you're just man with a shovel trying to keep the shit everyone throws at you in some kind of order. In any project, you're going to have to deal with retards who barely manage to get by, but are encouraged rather than discouraged by the sheer amount of work that they put in to equal the bad days of their betters. Sometimes, you don't want to be "mean" and throw these fuckwits out. Sometimes, you've got social justice faggots hounding you because it is so "compassionate" of them to dump babysitting work on you as their morality dictates that "charity" is when they coerce others to do their will. So you put in processes and procedures to keep the retards from fucking over your project, because you're not Linus and can't get away with his justifiable project management techniques.

Is Flask pozed?

Sorry user, there's no hope for you.

Go. ^:)