What is Holla Forums equivalent of Goku causing the possible deaths of billions of sentient life forms just cause he...

What is Holla Forums equivalent of Goku causing the possible deaths of billions of sentient life forms just cause he got bored being a farmer one day?
ALSO
Rumored or hasn't been confirm yet

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Janembuu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm ok with cooler being canon. He was More flushed out than dick Broly.

I'm going to call it. 2017 is the year nice things started happening again. Admittedly the rest of super ranges from shit to mediocre, but this looks really good.

If Goku was a western comic/cartoon character. He would of Been announced to be a canon Asexual autistic by now.

If dragon ball z was own by marvel. Master roshi would be gay by Now and trunks would be bisexual.

Nah, they wouldn't go that far. Gohan probably would have been gay though, Krillen would be trans, piccolo would never shut up about Namek gender conventions, and at some point Goku would have been worked to the side to reintroduce Uub as the new main character, who in turn would get with Videl as the token sacrifice white girl to prove they weren't racist.

That sounds far too believable

Superman basically puts Metropolis at risk of constant alien annihilation just by existing nearby, if that works for you.

Oh you're right, Krillin would probably be the weak white male hipster insert seeing as they get off to the idea of being weak.

lets pray that DB never gets the western Attack on Titan treatment.

It'd be 20 issues of Bulma, Chichi and 18 drinking coffee, having conversations about how bigoted and horrible everyone is to queers androids. Whenever the threat to Earth finally shows up to deliver [UNSOLICIATED OPINIONS ABOUT ISRAEL] that's when the writer's friends show up to beat them.

DC Probably be the company that wants to do a cross over with dragon ball.

Man, it's weird but they really have gotten to that point haven't they?

Current year DC would probably do the least amount of damage.

Don't let looks fool you. Super has been pretty dumb and nonsensical so far and can only get worse at the rate it's been going.

Nice things have been going on nonstop for over a year

Next on the list: Dragonball is finally cancelled and disappears forever, why does anyone like this shit

>>>/a/

Your taste is shit and you are bad.

Super is irredeemable, worse than Z in every respect. Somehow manages to be more nonsensical than the Buu saga.

this would be irredeemable, though Super definitely has been lacking in obvious plot devices to make the story better, as well as a lot of the things that make Z good. I do think that most of the show is garbage though with the Black arc being the lowest point in the entirety of Dragon Ball, but there are still a few good episodes, fights, and scenes that can be enjoyed on their own. Sadly none are particularly "good" and there's a handful of anime's that do the action scenes quite a bit better than DBS.

at it's best*.

That'd be actually kind of interesting if it was well written and much shorter. Like, maybe a single issue of the girls talking about what it's like to have superhero husbands.

But that's pretty much already canon.

Source? Literally nothing you claimed was shown, not even in the OP.

Well, technically he's not asexual, he's simple (and was dropped on his head)

He's on the asexual spectrum. I'm sure to some degree he enjoys sex, and he loves his wife. But he's never kissed Chi Chi on the lips and I have no fucking idea how she tricked him into making babies.

She either bribed him with food or did it while he was asleep.

This is where you have to debate canon. Super's Goku is vastly different than Z's. In Z Goku is actually pretty mature and is more of a father and husband. He has his goofy moments, but he is very grounded and more like an adult. In Super he has suddenly reverted back to be more like his childhood self. I can't help but feel like this is due to the popularity of One Piece and the writers trying to make Goku more like Luffy.

Well, I'll just put Super as a splinter timeline then…makes more sense than anything else.

another thing to consider (though I feel like it's getting into over analyzing territory)… Goku has taken a lot of hits in the head and is getting older. He may have developed dementia.

that's where I'm at now.

Between Super, GT, Heroes, and Xenoverse there really isn't much canon. Hell, even the AF doujins have a bit of credence to them now.

Or it could be that Goku feels more comfortable slacking off and acting silly now that he knows his wife is a good enough parent to raise a scholar.

Personally, I would say the timeline split two ways. One ended with Wrath of the Dragon and the other begins with the 2009 OVA (or as I like to call it, the apology) but then of course I then remembered Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F and Super's retelling of those movies too.

And really, Goku's got a good reason to slack off knowing that his family is well taken care off (between Chi-Chi being royalty and Satan paying the Z-Fighters off for taking a dive in the tourneys every year)

Maybe, though there were quite a few occasions in Z where Goku was in a relaxing position and still wasn't as goofy or moronic as he is now. A good example of this was the beginning of the Buu arc where he had no worries and still acted a lot calmer and mature than he is in Super.

Yeah..that I have no excuse/good reason for it and that's coming from a fan who have some intricate knowledge of the series (yeah, yeah let the bullying commence)

I wouldn't worry about that, I'm sure there are quite a few of us on here that have an almost autistic knowledge of DBZ. I remember back in the day I printed out sheets of power levels and would just look at them

I generally don't care about the power levels in DB for a variety of reasons. One being inconsistencies and number two, the series has been pounding on the theme that hard work beats natural talent all the way. Remember that Goku started out being the weakest Saiyan in existence (Power Level 1) and yet, he's arguably the strongest Saiyan in the series (Gohan could've been stronger but he's been behind in his training by quite a lot)

oh yeah, they became more and more pointless as the series went on. Really, there isn't even a way to gauge strength any more considering SSJ Blue Vegeta was beaten by the equivalent of regular SSJ Goku.

Unless you're human.

Well, Krillin's considered to be the strongest human fighter in Dragon Ball (and before anyone pulls out the stupid "lol, Krillin always gets owned/killed", he only died a grand amount of two or three times. Once, killed by Demon King Piccolo's goon, once by Frieza and Buu basically killed everyone on Earth when he destroyed Earth.) Tenshinhan doesn't count since he's half human, half triclops.

But he'll never beat Piccolo or Vegeta, let alone Goku.
But Yamcha does.

That's debatable.

Fight coreography has been just boring. The buu saga may have been dumb, but it made a little bit of sense when it came to power scaling.

Like Gohan being stronger than piccolo as a super saiyan, despite the fact tht piccolo is far stronger and has been training and gohan struggles JUST to turn into one.

Even the episodes with average animation is miles ahead of Super

Battle forms don't have a solid power level, they just multiple the power you already have.

Not every super sayian is as powerful as every other super sayian. Right?

They don't, They fluncuate. That's why I was fine when Vegeta beat the crap outta super saiyan 3 gotenks.

but Gohan hasn't trained in ages. He hadn't trained in so long that he wasn't even sure if he could turn super saiyan or not. Piccolo on the other hand has probably been training in those 8 years, and was pretty strong in the first place.

gohan actually lost so much power that even trunks came back and just remarked about 'how he doesn't have that strength exhuming out of him' and didn't even ask for his help to fight goku black.

I bet not even the bible has been argued over as much as Dragon Ball. Even halfchan Holla Forums has huge threads about it even though they normally assume a fetal position and start crying if anime is mentioned.

Dragon Ball transcends topics just because of how terrible it is in execution. Yet somehow still exists.

I thought Dragon Ball was pretty okay. It's all the other series in the franchise that screwed the pooch.

I mean Dragon Ball as a whole. Not the first series.

Really don't care for DBS (skipped over the Frieza arc and gave up during the Future Trunks arc) but I might watch this new arc just because I'm a sucker for anime tournaments.

No troll template /a/ threads, please.

fuck off tumblr

Hello plauge

How do we know for sure Piccolo is weaker than Gohan at SS, by the way?

Sorry to be Holla Forums here but..

It's like the universe suddenly got cured of whatever illness it had and is kicking as again while everyone that thought sjw and all that culture they thought would be profitable now are getting tossed out because catering to manchildren never works out.

It's awesome to be making cartoons great again bros.

I know, let's hope this and Samurai Jack are just the start of a trend of good content returning.

Actually, it's mentioned that Ox King only has so much treasure left so they don't have that much money. This is part of the reason why Goku needs to work. Most of the treasure was destroyed by Roshi's kamehameha when their castle was saved from the fire.

Nothing is confirmed canon because Super is essentially GT. If you don't consider GT canon, you shouldn't consider Super canon. Toei would only tell Toriyama what to write so they can slap his name on it, then they'd edit his scripts as they pleased. It seems he's not even that involved anymore, given the new designs don't even look like they belong to him.

Also, reminder that we're literally in his hell because of Dragon Ball: Evolution. A movie so terrible it has ruined the franchise beyond repair by forcing its rotting corpse out of the grave when Toriyama watched it and decided he can make a better movie, an act that caused Toei to decide they weren't quite done forcing money out of the franchise.

You people are god damned retarded.
Future Trunks didnt want to bother Gohan because he had a fulfilling life, he had a wife and a child, do you really think Trunks would want to make him jeopardize that for a suicide mission?

Yeah, Evolution was so bad that I think that's why I call the 2009 OVA the apology. As in Toei apologizing for how bad Evolution is. Though in seriousness, when a group of kindergartners in 1997 thought that a DB live action movie was a terrible idea, you know it's fucked.

Firstly, Toei were digging up the rotting corpse anyway, along with a few other franchises that were also dead and buried. Secondly, the movies Toriyama made were just fine, in fact they were probably the best Dragon Ball movies ever made. It's Super that's shit and that is all Toei.

I'm pretty sure that's what he's saying.

In other words..we can ignore Super as canon and take in say Wrath of the Dragon (you can tell that I fucking love Wrath of the Dragon), Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F as canon then.

It's better this way.

user, that's what I was saying.
Though I will argue that Toriyama making the movies made it worse, and the movies ultimately weren't as great as they could be, anyway– because of Toei.
Just look at Toriyama's ideas in interviews and concept art he's made.

Have you ever read the interviews made about BoG? What the people at Toei who helped write it would say? They're all fucking idiots who turned the movies for the worst. But that's how it's always been, which is why Toriyama's literally called things like the specials and GT 'fun little side-stories' as a way of blatantly saying they aren't canon.

And yet you still get fuckwads trying to say Super and the specials are canon because they like the flashy fight scenes.

what about the manga. isn't that written by toriyama and drawn by some fag?

No. Drawn and written by that one fag. Toyotaro or whatever. Anyone who says Toriyama's writing it is misinformed, because he 'writes' it in the same general way that he 'writes' Super.

is it true that fag is the same guy that made those fake SS5 designs that some BR magazine used to troll the entire world.

Wait, what specials? Is it the Bardock one where he turned Super Saiyan? Because as awesome as it was, I call bullshit on Bardock being the first Super Saiyan in existence (for starters, he's dead rather than somehow teleported to the past on a planet full of adorable aliens)

The specials are all the movies that aren't RoF and BoG.
Bardock is mentioned in the manga because Toriyama liked the idea, and was later recreated in the form of DB Minus (which has better worldbuilding and fills in some plot holes), but him being the first Super Saiyan is not canon. Special-only.

Ah yes, DB Minus. That's the one where they finally revealed who Goku's mother is right? And it's not the lady from Bardock's squad? Jeez..I missed out on the mangas on the count of the publisher in my country is now gone.

Wait, does that mean that Wrath of the Dragon is not canon? Polite sage for double post.

Yep. Gine. People hate it for the same reason people hate the manga chapter 'History of Trunks'– it lacks the flashy fight scenes that the anime specials do.
Except DB Minus and the manga version of History of Trunks make far more sense.
In DB Minus:

In History of Trunks:

Nope. It's cool, but ultimately how much sense does it make in the series? It probably has the least amount of plot holes than any other special, though.

Videos gone

Goku is obviously over-confident

Well, to be fair, Wrath took place around after the Buu Saga and before the timeskip epilogue so at least it makes sense that it could happen in the series unlike say, Fusion Reborn or the Broly trilogy which is nearly impossible for it to happen, the one with Lord Slug is alternate timeline because they don't have to go to Namek, Garlic Jr. is a tricky one because it's non-canon but the anime treated the events of the movie as actually happened and Bojack Unbound is actually pretty safe in canon

Eh, there was supposed to be 10 years of peace (though BoG and RoF also kinda go back on that even though they're both cleared up within a day), so it doesn't fit exactly.

My favorite fucked up special timeline is the one with the other Androids. It's just so fucked up. Gohan still acts like he does in the Namek saga, but Future Trunks is there and talks about 'how many androids are there?!' like they have already fought 18 and 17, but Goku is still alive, but they're all so chill about things and act as though the Cell Saga was already finished. It makes no sense in the timeline. It's fucking hilarious.

Even if we suspend disbelief so hard that we can justify such a tournament even existing, justify destroying losing universes on a whim, and justify Beerus letting shit come to this and overall having done nothing for the entire series for no reason, we can't believe one thing.

Why the fuck would they select the fighters they have? They select Androids 17 and 18? Fucking Tien? They're strong but this is a UNIVERSAL tournament, and every combatant is from Earth. It would at least be interesting if they brought Freiza back and forced him to fight for his universe, or brought in characters like Pikkon. But no, they just go with characters they can throw a new transformation on for shits and giggles.

Not even just the fact that these aren't even the strongest combatants from Earth.
Why is Roshi still being implied to be stronger than Yamcha or Chiaotzu? They add 18 and 17 in there, but where are Goten and Trunks?

Also, the entire thing is fucking stupid. The Buu Saga was as fun as it was because it laughed at the fact that the Saiyans were stronger than gods. It laughed at power cycles; Kaioshiin seemed to be a strong, mysterious character, but was instantly horrified when he realized how strong the Saiyans were. The ultimate enemy, Kid Buu, was weaker than the other forms of Buu that came before and only posed such a threat because he was so unpredictable and Vegeta and Goku were not able to fight at 100%, and the two other strongest characters (Gotenks and Gohan) were down for the count.
DBZ is at its most fun when it is well aware of how overpowered the characters are. Even the humans.

Hell, Super Android 13 doesn't even made sense when you read the manga and they have this thing basically saying that numbers 1 - 7 and 9 - 15 were deemed failures by Dr. Gero (8 was a Dr. Gero creation but somehow the anime had 8 being built by someone else).

And to the 10 year of peace thing, with BoG and RoF made canon, I guess the word peace is relative peace. As in, at least the citizens of Earth didn't die out or something and seriously, WotD brought back Great Saiyaman (I'm guessing Great Saiyaman was meant to be a shift for DB to be more like Superhero thing since Dragon Ball have been shifting genres like mad, first adventure and then martial arts and then sci-fi..a shift to capes doesn't seem to unlikely)

Uhm..Kid Buu was meant to be like Buu's more primal form (and also the form that wiped out like 6 galaxies and ate up their deities)

Oh, that's where Great Saiyagirl is from, right? Or was that anime filler, too? I always hated that. Makes no sense after Videl outright called Gohan a fucking nerd for it.

Kid Buu is primal but he's ultimately weaker than his previous forms. Super Buu was the culmination of the power of everyone he'd absorbed. When Goku and Vegeta removed Goten, Trunks, Piccolo, Gohan, and his fat Buu self, he lost all the power that absorbing them had given him. Put this into perspective. SS3 Goku mentions he probably could have killed fat Buu if he wanted, but he wanted the kids to defeat the enemy instead. SS3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan were able to beat the shit out of Super Buu until they were absorbed, and after they were absorbed, Vegito was able to beat the shit out of him still. Taking out all those absorbed characters made Kid Buu weaker than the first version of Super Buu, and possibly even Fat Buu (though people argue that the deities made him weaker; not sure if that's true. Why would his absorption powers work against him like that?). Gotenks, Vegito, Gohan, and SS3 Goku would be able to defeat Kid Buu. The only reason why that didn't happen was because Goten, Trunks, and Gohan were dead, Vegeta broke the earring that allowed them to turn into Vegito, and Goku wasn't fighting on full power and couldn't maintain SS3. And arguably if Vegeta was really serious about the fight like when it was about defending his family when he fought Kid Buu, he could have held out for longer than he ultimately did.

If Kid Buu had wiped out 6 galaxies that was only to say that the existing cast is so strong that they would be able to do that if they really wanted to. Which fits perfectly with Kaioshin's reactions to how strong a Super Saiyan really is. Especially a hybrid Super Saiyan.

Well, Fat Buu is considered the weakest because the last deity he absorbed (the Grand Supreme Kai) while pretty strong, is a peace loving guy so his influence on Fat Buu was strong enough that when Buu turns into his Pure Majin form (aka Kid Buu, Pure Majin form is the Majin race's equivalent to a Super Saiyan where the Majin became completely primal and have a chance of turning evil and being Kid Buu once more) Of course, when Kid Buu was slaughtering gods and killing universes, he was in his Ultra Buu form (buffed up from absorbing the Southern Supreme Kai)

Shit, I forgot to add that when Buu went Pure Majin, he had to expel the good influence from his body, hence Fat (or Mr.) Buu.

Gentlemen..behold, the ultimate evil: dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Janembuu

Worth nothing that the Ultra Buu form is probably pretty useless, though. The Supreme Kai are ultimately weak compared to the Saiyans. Even if Southern Kaioshiin is stronger than the Kaioshiin we know, given how completely blown away Kaioshiin was once he realized how strong the cast was, it's doubtful he was anywhere near as strong as the Saiyans.

Well, considering that two of the Supreme Kais (Southern and Eastern) have been known to actually be capable of defeating Frieza in one punch, they might be stronger than Saiyans.

Is that anime-only, user? I don't recall us ever having any information like that thrown at us in the manga.
Also, the characters are still growing ever-stronger. Goten and Trunks can keep up with 18 while in their base form and struggling to stay together in a tiny shitty costume. It's like how F Trunks came and sliced Frieza, his father, and their whole army into tiny pieces.

Well, the anime filler had the Southern Supreme Kai managing to fight Buu on equal footing while other Kais were felled easily (the manga just had Shin saying that Southern Kai is the strongest)

Like the whole point of the power level shit was to be instantly discredited, because it was based on a poor scientific understanding of how ki power worked which the protagonists were able to fool easily, hence Vegeta destroying his scouter.

Goku is basically Homer Simpson if he was Superman and also Japanese.

Saiyans are a bit autistic but with fighting. Fightistic.

He's Sun Wukong and his wife wears a qipao. Chinese.
But generally, yeah. Toriyama's even on record as saying that he basically views his family as 'comrades' or 'really good friends.' Guy's autistic as hell. Not just for fighting, just in general. Especially if you only go by the manga, where he's not some kind of Space Jesus who fights for everyone, and is instead just some fuckwad that likes fighting, even if it gets others killed.

Actually, if you go by the manga, Goku's view on morality is very black and white..and there's also the thing where he's somewhat telepathic thanks to his training with Popo. And if you also go by the manga, he learned sex (and how to read) when training with Master Roshi. Seriously, Master Roshi taught Goku how to read using porno mags.

He sees his family the same way Luffy sees his crew of pirates. A family of weirdos and yeah he would die for them same as how Luffy would die for his friends and would do anything for them. They use the same jap word to refer to them.

Goku was a victim of severe braindamage when he was an infant.

Behold. The dumbest plot point of Z.

That Goku isnt a famous hero.

You sound like someone who read the wiki to find differences between the anime and manga without actually reading the manga.

Gohan actually got weaker from Cell Saga to Buu sage from being a lazy ass.

He should have been training with Vegeta atleast on weekends

To be fair, if your dad had a friend who acted like Vegeta, you probably wouldn't want to hang out with that guy on weekends.

Its so simple and straightforward. Just fighting. No bullshit.

The first Garlic Jr movie had room within between DB and DBZ to work.

Youare missing the part about Kid Buu increasing in power as time went on, and being Nigh-Invincible/Near Immortal to begin with.

He may have lost some punching power, but there was no indication he lost durability. Crazy, insane, outrageously overpowered durability.

You needed something akin to Anti Matter full annihilation to destroy him. Cinders wasnt enough.

So Kid Buu was able to eventually win that fight.

….no fuck you.

Think about the situation Gohan was in and his history.

His dad fucked off for nearly a decade, and then Raditz shows up and nearly kidnaps him.

Gohan would know by intimate experience that he can never be strong enough, or else somone will come out of thebblue to wreck him and everything he loves.

Doesnt matter if he likes Vegeta, he cant afford to be weak.

But well. Fans a shit.

user, go back and read/watch the series, because you clearly don't remember it.

Goku, ChiChi and Gohan lived alone together from like, since Goku's marriage all the way to Raditz showing up. He was just there, farming n shit. There was nothing going on since Piccolo had been defeated and didn't seem to be very serious on killing Goku anymore.

I've read the manga..quite a few times to be exact though the bit with the magazine was edited out by my local publisher, replacing it with Goku reading a children's book. Honestly, I found out about that porn mag thing till recently.

Or training with Piccolo, you know, the guy who trained him for a year when he was like 4 years old?

Yeah, that's a sticking point that I still hold against the series. Like dude's been in like 3 Martial Arts tourney with all 3 of them being super insane (the moon blew up and Goku turned into a giant ape in the first one, the ring turned into a crater in the second and the third one has the return of a Demon King)and judging by the turnout and how Satan was popular enough that they named a city after him, the Tenkaichi Budokai is like the DB equivalent of Wrestlemania. So, why is it that no one remembers all the crazy stuff to the point that Ki Blasts were considered just as special effects when we've seen Ki Blasts in the tourneys before?

dragon ball is /a/