Justification for bikini armor

Which comics offered the best explanation as to why females could be scantily-clad all the time without protection? I am not trying to argue against it, quite the contrary, I am looking for something so I can argue better next time someone who bitches about it and probably to write it in my own project

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc
notpoliticallycorrect.me/2015/12/20/ethnicity-and-obesity-rates/
mega.nz/#!80JSEBIZ!mSVh2mC9pSyP1sf_NiyvJD177pszryANJ5EgU3lLVlQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I guess for this character in particular you could argue that since Mars is basically a desert, very little clothes are necessary, and since gravity is so light, her breasts don't need support since they wouldn't be painfully flopping every time she ran.

Though you don't really need an excuse beyond 'culture' for most situations. If African women can run around like pic related, who says some chick from Mars in a comic can't? Anyone who argues otherwise is enforcing Western ideals on everything and ultimately being Euro/Americentric scum.

You summed it up pretty well user. I don't know if Starfire counts in this but she wears that because their culture is pretty loose on sex. Sorry for being redundant since user above me summed it up.

Ugly niggers.

The Tumblr Cancer thread had a post where some SJW was trying to make that 'culture' excuse seem ridiculous by putting Superman in that light rather than Starfire.
It's hilarious, because they don't know that Starfire's sex-loose culture also applies to the men, and she has a brother.

Its sad that the SJW's think covering up is progress. Hell I think the older stuff was far better in progress than what we have now. Nice pic user.

The hijab is viewed as a symbol of progress instead of oppression by their distorted, idealized view of Islam.

That is ironic because Mars in real-life is actually cold despite being a desert planet. But to be fair, nobody knew better at the time she was first conceived.

Culture can pretty much settle it, but I will elaborate the difference. While Tamaranians are more sexually loose and embrace their emotions which is why they dress in a revealing manner, Martians dressed in jewelry to display their wealth and social status before others.

If seeing a woman not being dressed like a Saudi Arabian wife triggers them then ask how seeing women fighting worth a damn in works like superhero comics doesn't trigger them since it's not noticeably more realistic.

Bikini Armour comes from the low fantasy genre, like Conan or Red Sonja, where females wore Bikini Armour and males wore loincloth armour.

One had a success while the other did not. Hmmm, I wonder why…

Red Sonja has two different justifications going for her. First, she's blessed by her goddess, gaining the skill and luck to be effectively unbeatable, until such time as she gives herself to a man. Second, she dresses that way because is actually asking to be raped, aiming to draw the attention of men who would dare to try and take her so that she can put them to the sword. This tends to lead to the overdone story of Red Sonja walking into a tavern and discovering that every man in there is a violent rapist who'll pull out a dagger the moment any woman dares to say no.

The debate of bikini armor is not about whether it is cultural or looks good, it is about if it is a real armor.
Dejah Thoris use that bikine because everyone use that bikini, you can say that it is a setting where no one use a real armor therefore they use a bikini, but if you are building a setting where there is a war, and a man wears a complete armor to go to the battle, and a woman use just a bikini, then it is kind of bullshit.

It's bullshit to have a woman defeat a grown man in the first place, specially if they are trying to be serious and realistic.

Bikini armor is okay if the setting is low fantasy and is not taking itself too seriously.

true.
and that is way juatifications are lame. You really don't need them in that setting, it is just low fantasy fanservice.

There doesn't have to be any real reason for it. It can just be for sex appeal. Even if it's really boring and lacking in imagination and design sensibility.

What said, but I will add: in some characters, the reason bikini armor is a thing, is because they were designed to be barbarians. If male barbarians are known for going almost naked all the time, it is only logical female barbarians would do the same. They use bikini armor because it's not supposed to be protective, so they use the bikini armor for stuff regular women would need their bikinis for: attenuating boob jiggle and covering nipples to avoid being put in the adult comics section. I can't explain why they are made of chainmail instead of leather, though.

In the books all the characters are bare naked. I assume that when it came to other media they had to cover it, but decided to keep the "nakedness" feel by giving the characters the least clothes possible.

I rememeber hearing how back when armor was a very clunky thing to wear, some fighters did just go running into battle wearing their gymshorts, or nothing at all, because they prefered to have maneuverability over protection. But, then again, that was mostly for skirmishes. In more costly battles, they probably did where some amount of armor.

Why bother justifying it? It's like magic: don't have to explain shit.

When you're up against fire breathing dragons, plate armour isn't going to help much. May as well wear whatever allows for the greatest mobility.
Also, it's a fantasy. It doesn't always have to make sense.

I thought the Bikini armor thing is a) for mobility and b) to distract the men before they drive their swords into the poor saps who stopped and stare at them

why would you feel the need to justify something like bikini armor to someone that "bitches about it"? Is their opinion really that important to you or are you just this insecure?

If push comes to shove and they pull the muh realism card then just go ahead and agree with them pointing out that 'yes bikini armor is unrealistic , in fact just as unrealistic as having female warriors on a medieval battlefield.Thank god this is fantasy we're taking about here''"
>inb4 muh shieldmaidens

And hell, I'm pretty sure while there are female warriors, they are mostly utilized to defend the homestead while the men are away and when they do got sent to the battlefield, usually it's because of lack of manpower than anything else.

What I'd like to know is why these "feminists" insist that this is oppression. Quite frankly, it's a direct insult to all those women who actually worked painstaking hours to pick up areas where the men couldn't. For example, during WWII, because of an enormous amount of the male population going off to fight the war, the women who stayed behind (Because of lack of medical skills) took up all those jobs that the men left. By the end of the war, over a third of the work force was women. And, without them, the output of the factories would have been significant crippled.

So, again I ask, what are these people complaining about?

If anything, women have lived a privileged existance for most of history. Being expected to die in a war, or work backbreaking labour in unsafe conditions isn't exactly fun and games.

No justification needed, all the wonderfully goofy absudist surrealism comics were once packed chock full of never required a justification. Needing a justification for fun is something Tumblr grade faggots do.

They're complaining that men aren't telling them to be quiet, sit down, and behave.

They don't realize that they're saying that, they're acting out and don't really get why, but they're a misbehaving child that wants the comforting knowledge that they're not responsible or in charge.

Stop taking them seriously or thinking they're adults. They're not.

i could go into a huge rant about how men and women are supposed to serve different and complimentary roles and how men should trade comfort for power and women give up power for security but i'm not gonna

And don't get me started on how some bitches would shame men to go join in the war with that White Feather thing.

Why isn't this a cheesecake thread instead of a Holla Forums thread?

Because this isn't cuckchan faggot.

Because the cultural zeitgeist has shifted from 'hey guys let's have fun and forget our problems' to 'our problems are so severe the only way to escape them is to destroy the cause'

To be honest, anyone who reads bikini armor comics isn't there for immersion or accuracy. It's there for eyecandy on conventionally strong women, which are two things I enjoy.
Although, could there be a way we can have both eye candy and realism?

Here is what you're looking for:

Quit samefagging refugee scum.

Colonel Phaedra from Star Slammers 2 had a pretty good answer.

Of course. It will involve getting rid of the stronk womyn warriors, though.

This thread again. You're a faggot OP. Here's about five minutes worth of thought:

Nubile mecha pilots, square jawed panzer commanders and voluptuous pterodactyl trainers might not bother with armor. Nobody's shooting at them, everybody's shooting at their ride.

Armor generally doesn't float in either air or water. Wearing half your body weight in protective equipment could be a bad idea if you're fighting corsairs on a rolling deck or dodging ninja shurikens while climbing a narrow mountain trail.

There isn't much point in wearing armor when light hand weapons can punch through even the heaviest stuff you can get. Might as well look fabulous and max your dodge skill.

"You want me to strap 80 pounds of steel to my body? What's next, am I run around hitting people with a stick?! You mistake me for an Earthman. Unlike those savages my people have mastered the psychokinetic arts."

Maybe metals disrupt a lifeform's ability to gather mystic energies. Maybe the somatic components of spellcasting involve full body contortions. Maybe the warm, dark spaces next to your body created by any clothing at all, let alone heavy armor, are heaven for the setting's omnipresent parasites.

If you really believe in Bingo Bango Bongo's divine protection why would you insult him by trying to protect yourself?

"Today you choose my son. Wear this heavy suit of armor …. or carry the rebreather which prevents your lungs from permanently scarring."

If you're in a setting where the medical care is so bad that moderate wounds will fester or maim people might prefer just dying if they're unlucky enough to get hit. Go read The Red Badge of Courage.

Why are you arguing with idiots OP? Next time some faggot whines to you about people not wearing heavy armor invite them on a 5k ruck run with a 50 pound pack.

They're designed to appeal to their main audience; teenage/young adult males with raging hormones who also want to see violence and other cool shit. Now go back to reddit all of you.

The conversation begins and ends with "It makes my pee-pee hard."

The only time it ever really needs an explanation is if it's in a fantasy setting that's trying to be as grounded as possible. And if you're going for a grounded, realistic setting, then you shouldn't have women warriors running around anyway.

People who care about bikini armor are faggots. If they bitch about that kind of thing then you should tell 'em to fuck off, they're the same sort of people who whine that all superhero costumes should be 'practical' because it's 'not realistic.' Fuck those people, not everything has to be a gritty uber realistic gray wankfest. They aren't worth your time.

It doesn't need a justification. Either you put it in your stuff or don't, who cares?

Those muscles on the girl, goddamn. I love that.

Those are very good reasons. Got any more?

fantasy never needs a logical answer.
but if it did, this is the answer to that question.

Tell them because it triggers social justice warriors that have destroyed the comic book industry.

90s Rogue was THICCCCCCC

I don't specifically have arguments for what Dejah Thoris wore, but…

-Boob plate is no different from breastplate, men wore armor which showed off their muscles, historically. More importantly, muscle armor is common for male heroes, why wouldn't the boobplate be for female ones?

-Gladiator armor was extremely revealing and seemingly nonsensical, like a shoulder plate on only one arm and underwear, so that sort of thing is historically accurate.

-The Valkyrie is not historically portrayed as a heavily armored woman, but a completely naked one with a spear on a horse who rewards heroes with sex and mead.

You're not very good at spotting samefaggery, are you?

Is she not anymore?

Almost everyone, male and female, wears practically nothing on mars.

truth seeker

He seems like a cool guy to me

To wear a full suit of armour you need to be a strong man. Its too cumbersome for women or kids.

The tit / vag armour is just covering their most sensitive / valuable places.
Otherwise female characters could be disabled with an aimed strike to the nipple or labia.

There isnt much need for realism in these cases anyway because in real life conflicts the men did all the fighting and other dangerous jobs where as the women stayed at home and did the cooking and cleaning.

Armour doesn't weigh that much when it's worn, because the weight is distributed. People can do acrobatics and stuff while wearing them.

Medieval Europe was not 1950s middle class America, there was a lot more to do than just cook and clean.

True but even a relatively light weight can be burdensome when someone has to carry it for many hours. Especially while fighting, which is very strenuous exercise.

Like die in childbirth.

"Armour might be burdensome if you wear it for hours" is not an argument against women wearing it.

Or like do work.

Its an argument against anyone who isnt very physically strong wearing it for long hours while fighting.

Cris "Cyborg" from the UFC could definitely wear armour. But they didnt have anabolic steroids back in medieval times.

Given women were toiling in the fields like men, I'd say strength isn't that huge a component.
More just that women aren't as disposable as men and thus wouldn't take up arms other than grabbing a pitchfork and stabbing invading enemy soldiers that weren't held back and would probably destroy crops, kill livestock, and rape them. And that last-minute shit isn't stuff you get armor for.

Again, armour is not as heavy as you think it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc

You've never physically interacted with a woman, have you, reddit?

I'd say your actual peasant woman was a sight sturdier than your average modern woman. At least during the times when they weren't all starving to death.
Your average Amish woman might cover up, but I'm sure they're all built like UFC fighters.

I prefer this reasoning

There is no logical justification for it. It's stupid as fuck and just there for sex appeal. Which, by the way, isn't a bad thing as long as the story isn't trying to take itself too seriously while doing it. Personally I find the whole armored bikini to be both stupid and unattractive, but I don't mind sexy outfits in general.

Men are significantly stronger than women even with the same amount of physical exercise. Evolution or biology don't care about political correctness.

I agree.

All comics offer a great explanation, because it's what the readers want

I know you Holla Forumslacks like pretending that women are always little weaklings, but a woman who has done nothing but toil in the fields her entire life is not going to be built like a twig. She will have muscles accustom to wielding farm tools that can quickly become weapons.
I am not saying women will fight as soldiers in war. I'm only stating a fact. We've seen it happen in history. For example, the Women's March on Versailles. It also happened constantly in Russia after both world wars ravaged their male populations in a way they still haven't come back from. Not only did some women take up arms (the communists did try heavily to promote equality of the sexes), but there was cases of women fighting what remainders of enemy soldiers there were during winters.
Women didn't typically fight in wars, but when something happened to threaten their family, it's pretty common in history for women to fight. That's what happened with Boudicca. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" is not a phrase that comes out of nowhere.

Yes women who worked manual labor in the fields or whatever are stronger than the average woman. However they WERE and ARE weaker then their male contemporary's.

Well fucking duh. Did I ever say otherwise? That doesn't negate the fact women have historically taken up arms as a as a last line of defense, or out of revenge/anger like with the Women's March on Versailles or with Boudicca.
It's also worth noting that these working women could also fucking deck the majority of modern men, because most modern men are pansies that would not be able to tolerate a day working in massive fields with no automation to help make the job easier.

sure, if by modern men you mean your average nu-male and not the large portions of the population that still work with their hands. Modern women however don't work with their hands in a laboring capacity so the divide has grown noticeably.

With mechanics, you mean? We have an obesity problem for a reason. Unless they're an Amish farmer or a lumberjack or something they'll probably still have trouble keeping up.

Mechanics, metalworkers of various kinds, bricklayers, carpenters, butchers, bouncers and a thousand other things. Not everyone lives in the city and works in a service industry or an office user and even then many people still work out tbh most laborers are strongfat if they are fat

user, I'm not talking service industry or office.
I don't think you understand how much mechanics go into the jobs you listed. Carpentry might not be an easy job, but it is far easier now than it was back in the day. I'm talking women working in fields completely by hand, with their tools being simple pitchforks, scythes, etc.

And the men who work these jobs in the modern day would be physically equal/superior to these women physically. Men build muscle mass a lot easier user, also do you think that the women were out working these fields alone? there's a reason wars usually got held up for harvest season.

Simple, you can use two things:

1. Weapons are so advanced no armor can withstand them except a wall or force field. So the culture start to revert to less clothings
2. Heat, set the world in a place where it's not practical to wear lots of clothing

The average woman of any age, will have been weak compared to her male counterpart.

This

You mean women and non-Whites? White men are significantly less fat than both groups.

The best argument against practicality is that in a fantasy setting, none of what you're wearing is actually going to matter, because you're fighting shit that can probably antimatter explode you or burst you into a pile of hot chunks, therefore fashion is all that matters. On the other hand, in my opinion, I believe practicality is fashionable and the only times I can be okay with skin showing is if there are at least metal plates covering parts of the body, like how in berserk no one wears chain mail and so everyone has huge open spots in their armor, or in dragon's crown the amazon has shin plates and steel rimmed gauntlets, otherwise being very bare.
Fantasy is all about fashion, but again, I still think historical armors were flashy and fashionable on their own.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to look good in combat. There is an innate victory with the knowledge your enemy knows she's fat in that armor.

That reasoning is wrong too

A little over 32% of white men are obese, user. Compare that to 37% of black men and 40% of Latino men. 32% of white women are obese, too.
This only starts being a problem when you look at black women, where 56% of them are obese.

If you want to talk about people who are significantly less obese than others, talk about the Asians. 10%.

disregard

The guy in the video? He does talk about halfsword stabbing.

He says that stabbing with a sword would be dumb and it would be easier to do with a dagger, even though that involves using another hand when you can half sword and puncture

that is completely goddamn retarded

What I am implying or what he said?
If you're saying I'm retarded
if you are agreeing with me then yes, it's fucking stupid to imply that stabbing with a sword would not do the job to poking into armor soft spots.

i was agreeing with you, the exception for the dagger thing would be rapier and dagger techniques. though i doubt autist would be talking about that

Where did he say that?
He says that trying to pierce an armor with a sword is stupid.
And the technique of the knights was to insert the blade in the weak points of the armor and daggers were used for that very commonly.

Noggers, Beaners, and women are less intelligent than White men. Lower Intelligence goes in line with being fatter.

You dumb faggot, user just BTFO'd your argument that non-whites and women are significantly fatter than white men, and you try to bait-and-switch to an intelligence argument. How retarded do you think we are?

Just don't worry about justifying it. No one ever justified the hypocrisy of men in fantasy for wearing a loin cloth made out of animal fur like in the images of and .

If you you think about, a chain mail bikini would provide slightly more protection than a male with a bare chest. And in the end all they really do is just act as the smallest piece of clothing to prevent nudity, and not really sure if there is a market for non-pornographic nude fantasy warriors.

Real armor on the torso and a skirt with pantsu shots>>>>>>>bikini armor

That's really sexist user.

How so? Ares would look worse in bikini armor, too.

Ares would look GREAT in bikini armour.
I say if you've got it, flaunt it.

notpoliticallycorrect.me/2015/12/20/ethnicity-and-obesity-rates/

And the working men could, too. Comparing people who work every day to a nu-male or a hamplanet will be a skewed comparison regardless of sex.

If you think being a metalworker or a bricklayer is a "service industry" job, or so thoroughly automated it might as well be, you're retarded. Having worked several labour jobs in my teens through a temping agency, I can tell you from personal experience women are indeed frail little twigs.

He doesn't have the boobs for it.

Bikini armor has no justification because cute girls in cool armor is my fetish and barely fucking anything appeals to it

I'll justify it as soon as someone can explain magic to me. Until then it's another element of the fantasy genre and anyone trying to get offended over it is pants-on-head retarded.
On that note, here's a mega for some Jirni.
mega.nz/#!80JSEBIZ!mSVh2mC9pSyP1sf_NiyvJD177pszryANJ5EgU3lLVlQ

That might be the best Oglad comic there is.

No, it's not a Holla Forums thing to call women weak. Ask any Male-to-female transgender. Once they start going through the hormone therapy, their muscles practically melt away. I knew one tranny who went to the gym every day, and was pretty buff. With absolutely no change to his/her exercise regiment, they ended their transition with 1/10th of the muscle, only able to lift a fraction that they could before. Women can be soldiers, since 90% of being a soldier comes from not freaking out when getting attacked and seeing comrades die, but men are drastically better at having muscles.

Because you want bikini armor.

There is no reason to justify it.

Market demands

Tell that to them.

Just make a webm

You have the original vid?

Because the only people who buy comics are guys?

There literally doesn't need to be another reason. It's just embarassing when people are like "No in the story, she absorbs sunlight through her skin!" or whatever. Just say "Because tits make the book better and more enjoyable, and if you don't understand that you should probably go back to that cock you were sucking"

You guys realize that was probably written from a progressive mindset, and "the right people" doesn't mean SJWs, but conservatives.

First you need to come up for a justification as to why women are wearing armor of any kind in the first place. If someone is bitching about bikini armor being unrealistic then why aren't they complaining about female combatants as well?

What if that woman is a gnoll?

Depends on whether the species is sexually dimorphic and if so whether the female is the dominant sex.

Of course women whose men are defeated will fight when that's their last option, they're forced out of desperation. A friendly dog will try to bite you if you corner it and try to kill it, that doesn't make it a wolf.

And, what's your point? Children have taken up arms too when no adults were left to fight. If your side is sending women into the meat grinder it's proof you're in deep shit.

Thank you for advertising how full of shit you are. Boudicca was not a warrior, she did not command armies, she was a mascot just like Jean D'Arc.

Marxism has rendered you so retarded you are left with no understanding of biology. Outside of a tiny minority of aristocrats that ate well and exercised regularly the vast majority of humans in ages past were weak and malnourished compared to modern humans.

Stop projecting you pathetic cuck.

Well gnolls are often portrayed as bipedal hyenas; and female hyenas are not only larger, their clitoris' are ridiculously larger than the male's dicks.

Simple.
women who wears bikini armor are either deities who wear it for aesthetics since they're nigh indestructable anyway or the armor gives a magical barrier.
I personally prefer women wearing full armor but chainmail bikinis are fine as long the mail doesn't chafe their skin.

I have just received an e-mail from the shop I pre-ordered the Women of Dynamite Dejah Thoris statue three weeks ago saying the requested item was sold out.

So I want to know:

WHO OF YOU INSUFFERABLE CUNTS HAS BOUGHT UP ALL THE DJ STATUES? ALL I WANTED WAS ONE DEJAH JUST FOR MYSELF AND NOW I HAVE FUCK ALL!

You're looking at this all wrong. The answer is wizards.

Wizards make the armor. When a blacksmith makes armor for a chick he makes it look revealing because wizards like that, and then a wizard blesses it and it's got protection. Wizards like tiddies and they're very easy to do runic shit on or something.

Its funny isn't it, despite them trying to uglify their female characters and push this PC kool-aid on comics, they still capitalize on their sexualization and it still works just fine.

Has anyone ever finished SJW Dejah storytime? I remember it being posted but never finished. Even the main villain was supposed to be Red Martian Trump.

They have even less integrity than Marvel and DC.

I did read the comic in question, it was offensively bad not because it was GRRRL Power, but because it retconned the fuck out of her backstory, revealing she was adopted and her claim to Helium's throne was void and null. They spend the whole comic trying to find her origin, and she decides to return to save Helium from Martian Donald Trump and let all that shit go under. At the end we learn he isn't so bad and instead of executing him right away, she jails him and decides to undo the monarchy and turn it into a Republic.

With all that said, the comic was not as bad as Hellcat or America Chavez, but I really wished it was because at least you can rage at Sonichu-tier of awfulness and the story being obviously a self-insert.

Mars is 0.97 of earth's. She wouldn't feel any difference.

They don't, though. At least not to any extent that matters. Conquered women just roll over and get raped. It's literally their survival strategy: "Please don't kill me, I'll have sex with you." You can see it in every facet of female psychology, from battered housewives to pro-rapefugee activists.

SJWs are truly a cancer. Please tell me that comic has put the publisher out of business.
As a side note, Dejah's signature bikini is already censorious - in the source material she literally goes nude.

As of yet Dynamite is still in business currently publishing 'John Carter - The End'.

No they didn't killed Dynamite just yet. They ended up reversing the costume changes, but they are still parroting SJW politics in a more subtle way

Also
Absolutely dick-grabbing.
If Dejah wasn't raped, she should have been.

Also that comic is shit, because the art is pure puke-inducing.

Frank Cho is truly a god among artists.

I don't even think we can call that a bikini, that is more like what a burlesque model would wear.

Mars is colder than Earth, though.

What are you, a pedo?

you like'em thick like i do?

This might be more your taste

Is your comic going to focus on logistics and what is "practical"? No? Then you don't need to. If it was then bikini armor would be a glaring contradiction to a setting and story that does take into account what each character is wearing. In that case, that would bother the reader moreso than potential SJW passerby's.

As for the issue and similar issues itself, that in itself is the problem when dealing with those SJW faggots who complain about bikini armor. You first off mistakenly believe that they want to debate the issue with you - in reality they are not there to debate, they're there to enforce. They're going to complain and demand it gone and they don't want to hear a reason as to why you did that in the first place. Think about it. If they really wanted a reason, they wouldn't have demanded it gone first, they would have first asked for a reason and they would not be invested in seeing you cave in to their demands. At the same time, people who blatantly ask, "Is there a reason why she is wearing bikini armor?" are by proxy dealing with the same conundrum imposed upon comic culture by SJWs. Don't be prepared to justify every single little thing that SJWs will demand removed. You're setting yourself up for a series of incessant bitching and you're better off ignoring all of those people. Mentally preparing yourself to deal with SJWs time and thought power wasted on people who will not listen to reason and are in effect drains on creativity.

Lastly if you still think you need to give a response and maybe because you deem the person asking as someone just wanting to know why, the response, "Why not?" in a humorous tone goes a long way.

-4STR

*is time and thought power

What kind of art style would you prefer?

What previous John Carter and Dejah comics looked like would have been ideal… At least better than The End.

There is a logical reason for that. If a gladiator had a big shield, then he didn't really need a shoulder plate on the same arm with the shield, since the shield was good enough to cover the arm from danger.He only needed one for the arm that used the sword, to offer more protection from attacks.

And yet, look how the tables have turned. Beautiful, isnt it?

In 2 moves

further motions

ad hominem

This can't be real.

His profile picture is one of the funniest things.

JUST

Given that 'The End' has a depressing as fuck premise I personally find the art style fitting.

bump