#BlackLivesMatter Shuts Down The Streets Of Milwaukee 7/11/16

I recorded some of the speakers and march of the #BLM protest at Red Arrow Park earlier today. Watch: youtube.com/watch?v=KbwWzNFxOUU

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/WesleyLowery/status/751455359554949120?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ge9pHidD8sc
newschannel5.com/news/groups-color-only-rule-keeps-them-from-using-library
youtu.be/gM7OrIkhJq0
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34023751
youtube.com/watch?v=PjLyd85TZ5M
dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler
twitter.com/samswey
twitter.com/Nettaaaaaaaa
twitter.com/deray
twitter.com/MsPackyetti
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think you might be on the wrong board pal

no this post is good we need to discuss more current events, to stay revalant

Okay, maybe. I was a little harsh.

I think BLM is uncormfortably idpol/black nationalist-y

nice may may
blm is by no means a black nationalist group

while BLM might be mostly made up of liberals, the right wing overreaction to them is both hilarious and sad. We could potentially use stuff like this to push for a more anti-capitalist narrative

they constantly talk about killing whites, white devils, etc etc, make whites go to the back or kick them out of demonstrations and so on.

of course, it's 'a leaderless movement' so maybe that doesn't include everyone, but maybe that's why leaderless movements are a stupid idea.

Bill O'Reilly, is that you?

I don't have sympathy for black supremacists and black nationalists. It's amusing seeing leftists defend black nationalism and fuck over white working class folks for Idpol bullshit.

examples? And who are these people? Are they actually important people in the movement or just nobodies that tweeted #blacklivesmatter 13 months ago?

And didn't BLM condemn violence?
twitter.com/WesleyLowery/status/751455359554949120?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

and this makes them a black nationalist organization?

BLM isn't perfect, but as far as class conscious movements go, it's pretty much just them out there. I don't see the perfect Tankie justice league out there in the streets, actually doing shit.

fuck off retard

ok

thats true police brutality happens to all races
and idpoling that issue they lessen the chances of a reasonable conversation about how agressive law enforcement should be

also they pick dumb "martyrs" sometimes

is there any truth to the meme that blm
is funded by soros?

this is true

well what else do you do when you spend decades talking about police brutality and everyone goes 'well that's a nigger problem, just stop committing crimes and police brutality will stop xD'?

I think you might be on the wrong board pal>>783114

Who even knows who important people in the movement are?

How about this shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ge9pHidD8sc

newschannel5.com/news/groups-color-only-rule-keeps-them-from-using-library

I remember I saw a video of a white woman and her mixed race kids getting abused at a BLM rally but I can't find it now.

Oh, and let's not forget attacking journalists instead of using their 'black voices'.

So who else is fighting the police and capitalism? Who is a better option right now?

Deray Mcblabla, Shaun King, etc.?

>youtube.com/watch?v=Ge9pHidD8sc

what is black nationalist about this? Are you even familiar with the different black nationalist groups?

>newschannel5.com/news/groups-color-only-rule-keeps-them-from-using-library

they dont want white people at their meeting, this does not make them a black nationalist group

I think there's way too much overlap between groups like NOI and BLM. Maybe I can't produce evidence that they're black supremacist but they're certainly spooked idpolers that buy into the 'privilege' bullshit, and just like feminists they're led by pampered trust fund babies from fancy universities, they make everything about race and ignore class.

kys

yeah in cringey way that does nothing but alienate support

And the better option is…

creating a group ourselves

you're a moron, these two groups believe vastly different things.

How is yet more idpol scum in the news helping the left?

And who can say that your organization won't be prone to the same issues, but in the opposite direction?

If they actually manage to get the police better de-escalation training and more community oversight, how is that a bad thing? It would be great if some mass movement came around that encompassed everything, and was super class-based, and all that, but guess what? That mass movement doesn't fucking exist. BLM does.

i mean create a group that tries to adress
problems like these, with out pandering to identitiy politics

And do you think they've made any progress whatsoever in doing that?

i don't understand what you mean by this please specify

"Wow i cant get to my job and will get fired/ lose money, i agree black lives do matter now"- no one

I still think BLM need to undergo a BPP change and remove all ideas about 'whitey' etc. - it's probably too late though.

youtu.be/gM7OrIkhJq0

Most of BLM's real problems come from the fact that they have no substantive leadership, and they're a big movement, so anyone can join, and a lot of opportunists jump on board, and use force of will to dominate the conversation, and push people towards stupidity. But the lack of leadership is one of the reasons why BLM is so big, and can actually put people on the streets.

How much progress has anyone else made in doing anything? The IWW has been around for over a century at this point. They're still not the "one big union", and we're still not living in perfect unionized equality.

There's a reason why the Soviets and Cubans focused their attentions on black people in the USA. Anti-colonialism is a big motivator for revolution, and black communities are very much treated as colonies in the USA.

may be they need, some kind of elite membership
like a vanguard.
and the others can join protests as a case by case movement

idpol pls go

that would be best may be we can use internet propaganda to, snatch some of them away from idpol

we need to discuss more current events

To me it seems like the top of the BLM pyramid are a bunch gen y millennial college fagots larping and cosplaying 60's radicals with no actual goals in mind, and the bottom of the pyramid is just poor negroids using it as an excuse to riot and loot, seriously, what are the goals of black lives matter?
End police violence?
Yeah, good luck with that.
Do you want every police man in america to say "im sowwwy"

A few weeks from now another nig will be shot, the video will be uploaded, the nigs will protest, they will get their asses handed to them by a swat team, then everything will go back to normal.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Securing more funding for their activist careers would be a goal, wouldn't it?

Hi Holla Forums, we don't support their idpol views, we just want to bring them over to our side, and the only people who can fuck over the working class are the people who own capital.

Anyone from Milwaukee here?

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34023751

The plans calls for:

Ending "broken windows" policing, which aggressively polices minor crimes in an attempt to stop larger ones
using community oversight for misconduct rather than having police decide what consequences officers face
making standards for reporting police use of deadly force
independently investigating and prosecuting police misconduct
having the racial makeup of police departments reflect the communities they serve
requiring officers to wear body cameras
providing more training for police officers
ending for-profit policing practices
ending the police use of military equipment
implementing police union contracts that hold officers accountable for misconduct

youtube.com/watch?v=PjLyd85TZ5M

What does Holla Forums think of the stats that say the police aren't racist[1]? My take is that white poor people get fucked by cops too. Seems to me the real difference is the way different races are treated after the fact by the mainstream media. If anything, BLM should be angry at the racist media that feeds the racial divide to distract from the class divide but I guess they've taken the bait just as much as the white supremacists.

[1] dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

BLM has never been about getting the police to stop shooting black people and start shooting white people. All of the changes outlined in would help whites as well as blacks.

Since the drug explosion in middle America, they have started to do so even more.

white people get killed by cops more than black people but the media and elite like it that racial tensions are distracting you from them fucking up the economy or your jobs, by foucsing on black lives only its turned into a racial thing, forcing white people and black people to choose sides, when police violence should have been tackled as a class issue that effects every race, it really is all lives matter.

But its too late now, if i say all lives matter, you get bombarded with " so you saying black lives dont matter huh"

why would they do that?

Dunno. They are right now. Ask them.

Sorry.. I do know..

PROFIT!

'Murica's fictation with race.

I'll never get it.

The Emancipation Proclamation was only issued in 1863. They need at least another couple of hundred years for the dust to settle.

Ask them, they have been doing it for over a century.

maybe it's because all lives matter isn't interested in addressing police brutality? Maybe it's because all lives matter is nothing more than a 'shut the fuck up BLM' group?

thats because its been warped into this.
What all lives matter should mean in a better world is the entire lowerclass of every race matters.

White people literally, mathematically are killed more by police than black people but its been warped into a racial issue by you stupid idpol motherfuckers.

By now its way too late to unwarp it, have fun being the foot soldiers of the elite who need a good racial distraction from the oligarchy you bozo.

Yes, but, why does the rest of the world care, for 'Murican stupidity?

This comrade knows

no it hasn't, all lives matter has been an anti-blm since it's inception.

that's sounds good

then maybe white people should stop worshiping police and deal with the issues instead of going 'that's a nigger problem!' whenever blacks bring it up.

Have you not noticed that Americans have a bad habit of forcing outsiders to behave like them?

I have.
That's the world part.

"IT'S WUNDERBAR!"

This is why I hate 'Murica.

*worst

see its too late, you arent self aware enough to realize its a class issue, you just want to argue about race.
HUr ddurr than white people should burr durr

Black lives matter has turned this into a fucking racial issue you retard, the media, the elite, have turned it into a racial issue when it should be a fucking class issue.

Black people screaming IM BLACK IM BLACK IM BLACKER THAN BLACK BLACKITY BLACK BLACK YALL is not going to endear lower class whites to the cause of ending police brutality.
They have been forced by idpol to choose the cops side.

Population percentage wise Blacks are killed more because there is a higher percentage of them who are in extreme poverty.

Also helping them and bringing them to our side is not supporting their idpol or the Elite.

i do realize it's a class issue you fucking autist.

Police brutality did not start under the obama administration, it's been going on for decades, blacks have been complaining about it for decades, and whites have been saying 'that's a nigger problem, stop committing crimes' in response for decades. Why do you and the rest of leftypol refuse to acknowledge that? Instead you just jump up and start chimping out about idpol. If you want it to become a class issue then wake your beloved white working class up to the issue.

muh white victimhood!

your beloved white working class were siding with the cops before your parents were born, the big evil black people did not force them into anything.

you need to understand that the white working class has always been hostile toward non-white working class people, the white working class has a very long and well documented history of terrorism against non-white working class people. When they see the state doing hurting non-white working class people they side with the state, even if the state is also hurting them. This is how things have been for hundreds of years, do you deny this?

IdPol is supporting "Blacks" because they are "Blacks".

Obama is black. Are we to support Obama?
Hillary is a woman. Vote Hillary because woman?

The proletariat has not race or gender.

In Greece, in the 90s, there was "racism" against Albanians and eastern europeans.

.. But they are white too, so it wasn't racism, right?

No, i dont deny that identity politics is used by the upperclass to divide the lower class through racial issues.

By driving the white lowerclass away your problems will never be solved and you will be fighting each other while the rich get richer and the oligarchies grip grows tighter.

Race is a social construct, america has a dark racial history and it is why the lowerclass will never rise, because you are too busy mocking impoverished whites because they arent oppressed as hard or they have a history.
well lets talk about the fucking future then you idpol faggot.
I predict nothing will change and our new president will be brought to you by goldman sachs

this is the thing you're either not understanding or just refusing to accept. No one is driving working class whites from the problems, THEY chose their side a long time ago and have been on that side since then.

and im not mocking the white working class, im mocking your for your Jared Taylor-esque 'demonic non-white group doing X to the poor angelic innocent whites' narrative.

Yes, the abolitionists, and white people who marched with mlk all hated black people.
That giant civil war thing where millions of white people died to end slavery.

WHO THEY CHOSE THAT SIDE GUESS WE GOT TO IGNORE LOWER CLASS WHITES NOW.

now you're getting retarded, these people did not make up the majority of white people or even 25% of the white working class. I know on sites like reddit they teach you that the cold hearts of of white people were thawed when MLK gave his 'i have a dream' speech but it's not the reality.

another idiotic comment, all of those people that died in the civil war did not fight for slavery, this narrative that the north was this anti-racist, pro-human rights is ridiculous. Those northerners did not charge into battle screaming 'LET'S FREE THOSE SLAVES!!'.

365,000 died to preserve the Union
290,000 died to preserve slavery

No leftist is this bad at history, nor would he use the "but what about all those people that died to end slavery??" meme that's so popular around conservative circles. Go back to Holla Forums, falseflagger.

How does that even make sense?
Also no one here is supports their idpol. The white working class are only now just starting to feel the extreme poverty of capitalism, as the poorer they become and a higher percentage of their population is being killed by cops. Then many of them will understand what poor minorities face much more than they do at the time being.

Many of them have not experienced poverty this bad before and many are commenting suicide. These are the exact same conditions that very poor minorities have experiencing this whole time and its nothing more than just every day life to them.

I can understand how poor white people being killed by cops are being ignored by everyone and the media but that is just how minorities feel when they express that they are brutalized as well. The only reason why the media even reports on these issues are for profit, and/or to race bait and drive us apart. Not all people in BLM are the same, some have even tried to get a cop shooting of a young white kid to get noticed by the media which was in the end ignored.

We should reach out to movements like this and convince people to our side, so we could fight this on class issues and not on racial ones. We should take advantage of the media's focus on BLM, and fight for and bring all cop brutality against the working class to light in the media, so they would not be ignored regardless of race.

Im done arguing with you, its a class issue, you want to argue about evil whitey, you want to play the oppression Olympics.
The issue of police brutality will never be solved because it is now a racial issue used to divide and distract.

Good luck wasting your life propping up the oligarchy.

Well… I guess the color of my skin is what makes me who I am and not my ideas then!

Tell me what is racism again?

Oh, right.. I forgot.. The world is 'Murica.

*tips meme hat*

Explain how is taking advantage of this movement to spread class consciousness prop up the capitals class? This is what we do on the Left, not everything is all roses. We make the best of what we got, and move forward by agitating and organizing.

You can't convert idpolers. They convert you. They won't develop class consciousness because they're convinced that society's major problems are caused by "intolerance". Go for the apolitical masses not the already brainwashed. The right has been doing it for years with great success. They just got a new patch of former apolticals thanks to gamergate when the left sided with a bunch of corrupt liberals instead of disgruntled consumers. Stop making the same mistakes over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

Oh no, a bunch of dweebs turned fascist cause a bunch of reactionaries took their side in a stupid online shitshow. How will we ever recover from the loss of such great recruitment material :'((

Yeah way to strawman my post faggot but go ahead go waste your time with liberal idpoers instead of normal people that aren't set in their ideological ways. I'm sure it'll work out this time. I'm certain the liberals will reward you for you loyalty. I won't join you and I hope no one else on this board does either.

KEK

seriously when is this Holla Forums raid going to end

They're out in full force ever since Sanders endorsed Hillary.

that was a propaganda war and the guardian writers won

Pic related.

I'm not raging at gamergate, I'm mocking the idea that it was somehow a missed opportunity for the left

I agree user, the real enemy has and will always be the white working class!

Now lets go dismantle some more protectionist barriers against the free movement of capital, goods, and labour - only a racist would be opposed to that, right?

Did you ask them if they want to seize the means of production?

i see it as a battle for human minds against a powerful propaganda apparatus and we lost. the official narrative (and what most normies who heard anything about it believe) is that it was a bunch of trolls harassing women for playing video games

Not really they are bunch of white liberal paid by the corporations

I think how badly we lost is overblown - GG is still mostly left-leaning but the rightists are louder and more obnoxious about their politics. But we fucked up this one.

Personally, I remember a dozen of discussions about the system, how the gaming industry functioned, how exploitive it was.

Then suddenly the discourse changed. It was not the system being the problem anymore, but individuals.

And the idpolers won.

Oh, you mean people were starting to wake up and so the "Id Polers" came and divide et impera?

I wonder who could benefit from this…

It's like how leftypol has risen lately and every poltard and plebbitor is trying to make us "see the wrong of our ways"….

Yes, greek-user.

Are you worthless assholes implying that I'm from Holla Forums because I wrote that gamergate was a missed opportunity? Fuck off retards I've never made a post on Holla Forums and I haven't posted anything remotely reactionary.

There's a faction on here who've decided anyone who's not a tumblrina must be from Holla Forums. They're attempting to organize on /anarcho/.

GG was designed to be taken over by the alt-right.
It was a response to a "liberal" problem. It served people that wanted to push a neolib/alt-right agenda. Whatever actuall issues were razed were drowned by both alt-right and SJWs, AKA ID Pol. It ended without ACTUALLY achieving anything, other than sites losing audience. The industry is still making shit. Certain games are still meant to sell and are promoted by everyone.(See Fallout 4 and how all previous fallouts and their lores are now invalid). The SJW nomenklature keeps getting it's money as does the alt-right nomenklature.

SO THERE IS A CONSPIRACY!

Yeah. Some edgelord was going off about how he was going to "burn down Holla Forums".

Of course that absolute faggot N1x would be responsible for this somehow. I doubt they'll get far. We've been raided by idpolers from Reddit and Facebook before. A few autistics from /anarcho/ are not going to do anything. We just need to be vigilant.

I respectfully disagree comrade. I think it was a missed opportunity. I was around in those weeks when it first happened. If someone like Jacobin had come out in support of the Gamergate I think we could have gained a lot of online supporters. Gamergate was many people's political awaking it could have been a leftists one instead of a reactionary one. I'm well aware that gamergate is finished and as a movement how much of a consumerist industry gaming is. It's sad because the gaming industry has so much potential. I can think of all the effort and artistry that was put into the first Bioshock and my heart aches a little.

Jacobin was taken by the idpol. We never stood a chance. They were one of the 14 articles because the guy that wrote it used to work with Gamasutra and Leigh Alexander. The infection of idpol had already taken root years before it was diagnosed.

The problem was that the left was disorganized to really take over like the reactionaries were. So they fought each other while we built. Took me a long time to realize that our movement just wasn't in a position to take advantage of GG. We were too busy focused on survival.

All your first graph tells me is that unarmed people get killed at similar rates regardless of race, with a small bias towards blacks. The rest of these are unsourced garbage.

More of the way you talk tbh

The sources for the stats are on the site they originated from you lazy fucking pleb

Wow, I'm sure mappingpoliceviolence.org is a non-biased source with no agenda to push. I only engaged with your first graph because it at least cited the US Census.

porky pls leave

sick dialectic my dude

Just to humor you, I looked into the people who run the site and… oh look they're all Hillary supporters, barely took any research to find this out. Seems pretty biased senpai.
twitter.com/samswey
twitter.com/Nettaaaaaaaa
twitter.com/deray
twitter.com/MsPackyetti

Unless you have anything with substance to say, like pointing out the flaws in their methodology when gathering their stats, stop with the whole "EWWW THEY SUPPORT -X THEY ARE AUTOMATICALLY WRONG >:("

m8, I already told you that the data is intentionally misrepresented. You can tell it is because none of this data takes error into account. All of them present a statistic like "black people are 5x more likely to be killed by police than white people while unarmed" but then the data says that it's per 1,000,000. If we take the figure as a percentage, suddenly it's far less significant. What it means is, as an unarmed person roaming the United States, you have a 0.00005% chance of getting shot if you're white and a 0.00024% if you're black. Now, clearly the statistics for blacks are greater, but the fact that blacks are statistically more likely to be in poverty and those in poverty are far more likely to be in contact with police means that there is an explanation for this. But you'll notice, there's no statistic on this site showing how much more likely you'll be shot by police if you're poor, because this doesn't fit their narrative. The first graph you posted shows their true intention, to compare races with each other. If their intention was truly to end police violence then they would show the statistic adjusted for income, because then we could certainly see that the police are a tool for enforcing class rule.

They need to read Radley Balko's Rise of the Warrior Cop. Most of that is so unlikely it's laughable. There's already some community oversight but it's toothless. Changing the racial makeup of the police won't do shit if their funding is tied to the federal drug war and they're kept in squad cars all day. Having standards for reporting police doesn't mean shit when both the government and the courts side with the cops almost every time, and even when they don't it's a slap on the wrist – even with body cameras I doubt that would change. The most laughable of all is them trying to change the omerta rules of the police unions. Never, ever, going to happen.

The entire institution of the police is rotten. 40 years worth of federal money and bullshit wars on "terror" and "drugs" has made the prospects of reform precisely nil. It'll take nothing less than the president to sweep away the entire drug and terror wars and fight the military-justice complex which has grown around supplying cops with military hardware and building prisons, and that will, again, never, ever, happen.

Balko is a reformist but the information he presents at every stage of the book will have anyone of the left knowing the truth: it was a degeneration of the police from local enforcer to federal enforcer, with the consequent degradation of the rule of law. A lot of the blame can be placed at the feet of Nixon and Reagan in particular, but no one after them has done anything to stop it: quite the opposite. It's the closest thing to a bourgeois conspiracy I've seen. All levels of bourgeois society – executive, legislative, the courts, business big and small, government from the local to the federal – all of them accelerating the drug war, embracing the war on terror, and guzzling money from asset forfeiture. Only a bare handful of names seemed to stand in the way and they were inevitably overcome.

And yes, police targeted African-Americans and Latinos – because they lived in poor neighborhoods, because they were the most likely to live in public housing, and, unsurprisingly, they were consequently the most likely to get shot as the police became more and more immune to accountability. But make no mistake it's the poor the drug was has been directed against. Balko only chronicles a single case of a Fortune 500 CEO being raided, and a single instance of a town Mayor being raided, versus the multitude of cases of hippies, Black Panthers, and working class people getting the swat treatment. Often for no reason at all. Well, when the reason is being rewarded with billions in federal grants and being able to literally loot people's possessions and other property on suspicion alone, perhaps it's not so hard to comprehend.

Kys
>>>/tumblr/

"All lives matter" is a false statement though. The lives of police officers or other class enemies objectively don't matter and we shouldn't pretend that they do.

Yeah, ultimately you're right we'd never have had the strength or unity to take advantage of the situation. The left is too fractured and weak. Sometimes I think we'd have been in way better shape if a revolution hadn't happened in Russia and the USSR never formed. The elite wouldn't have any excuse to purge society of leftists. I doubt we'll ever recover.

I don't think anyone looking at these stats are thinking "if you're an unarmed black man you have x% chance of getting shot", it's "of those shot, x-percentage were black and y-percentage were white".

Well you're more than welcome to start collecting data that data and publish your findings. But until that data becomes available, I'm not going to assume like you did that poor whites are killed at the same rate.

So then you agree the issue affects black people disproportionately?

This is precisely what I take issue with.
I would if I had the resources, running studies is expensive.

No shit man, I'm just saying the conclusions these activist reach is misguided at best. The reason it effects blacks more is because BEING POOR effects black more. There are historical reason for this and social mobility has been too low for them climb out of poverty.

And divisive, racist, finger-pointing rhetoric isn't bringing them back to the right side any time soon. You must engage and win these people over to a united workers' front to ever have a chance at defeating capital.

Translation: "Let blacks be inconsiderate jackasses because its dey culture mang, "civility" = white oppression"