Buy new hard drive

what the fuck is this shit
i can tell just by looking at it that it isn't standardized hardware

Your choices.

It's a USB line, I'll show you later.

Is Twitter down or something? Please go back.

That is a fucking standardized cable you insufferable faggot. It even labels what the fuck it is right on it.

> hmm hello (((google))) what is this cable?
< USB 3.0 Micro-B

brb installing TOR

Contemplate removal of your genetic material from the gene pool please

USB 3.0

They use these mainly in 2.0->3.0 converters and for USB splitters. It's been pretty standard hardware for a few years now.

you are homosexual if you don't recognise a standard micro-USB 3.0 connector

Not that OP isn't a titanic faggot for not knowing what USB 3-Micro B SuperSpeed is, but that's a really terrible connector, doesn't stay in well at all.

Did it not work on your macbook OOTB, fag?

Fixed your image, you pleb.

Well, almost. What fucking font is that?

Never saw it before, I don't follow continuously changing standards that comes out hours ago.

I have one of those that's four years old now.

People who use technology to perform work only tend to come up for air about once every 6-9 years.

all of my yes

That's true, they're shit. I've an external samsung drive with this shit and a tiny-ass cable, and I have to use it for my OS on a laptop because poorfag. The OS suddenly breaks by itself sometimes just because the mouse wire will slightly touch this shit, or my hands make the laptop shake a little bit when I'm typing.

It's basically torture, and those who designed it should die.

Well you're wrong you fucking nigger. That's USB 3.0 Micro-B.

I've got that style plug on my phone and it works great. I could probably swing my phone around my head with the cable plugged in. And it's backwards compatible with USB2 micro cables, which is useful for when I need to borrow a charger.

it's an NSA intercept

Then it's definitely standardized hardware, because it's literally just like everything else.

Almighty Stallman, savior of software, grant me strength.

The male and female portions for this fucking connector are just the fucking worst. God forbid you have data that needs to be regularly gained and accessed through these fucking things. Half the time you won't know if the cable fucked up or if the pins the external got bent. All to save on what might as well be the most inconsequential millimeters of fucking metal in terms of design.

I was in the same situation. I was very surprised to find one lying about and threw it away.