The 2000-2002 financial crisis brought us The Pirate Bay and the mainstream adoption of BitTorrent

The 2000-2002 financial crisis brought us The Pirate Bay and the mainstream adoption of BitTorrent.
The 2007-2008 financial crisis brought us Bitcoin.
What will the 2017-2018 financial crisis bring us?

The death of the united states federal reserve. Or so one can hope.

World war 3 and sexbots

Technologically. What freedoms will it bring us? Blatantly illegal windows clone based on leaked source? IPFS?

A surveillance state beyond the worst nightmare of the most dystopic sci-fi authors.

Torrents become relevant again

Torrents were always relevant.

I haven't torrented anything in a decade. 90% of the content on them aren't being seeded or are incomplete, it's an obsolete means of sharing files. It's faster to download files from a dropbox or a directly.

uhhh.. no sweatie... its you who are irrelevant

Enjoy your 720p
Enjoy your watermarks
Enjoy your lag and dropped frames

What do those have to do with each other? Maybe you could make a case for Bitcoin, which wasn't due to any specific market crisis but the fact that the market is mismanaged by retards. Where the Pirate Bay factors into a financial crisis is beyond me.

I don't stream anything but movies and sports. The websites that sub anime host links to download, again torrenting is pointless. But if you wanna do it whatever.

Nuclear annihilation and various fractured local networks remaining as an atomized internet.

Can't wait

Hopefully, the mainstream adoption of cryptocurrencies. With the way things are going in the US, people will be forced to use things like Bitcoin to escape taxation alone, bound to go up once the shit hits the fan.

The best thing about tech is that, even though governments can influence it, they can't keep up with it. Decentralized monetary systems are the future and theres not much governments can do about it.

I would like to believe otherwise, but probably this, to be honest. The more I learn about how human psychology and how incredibly insecure technology is and how no one cares, the more I tend to believe this. That's why I am doing everything I can now to not openly break any laws, so they can't as easily throw me into a reeducation camp with no recourse.

On the other hand, people have started to become more interested in encryption and security, so maybe all is not lost. I think it will be a dis-utopia, with amazing things we never even thought of and horrible things we never imagined.

You can't control the things out of your control, though, so I am just working on myself and trying to be the best person I can be. Be the change I want to see in the world. That's all you can ever really do.

a better alternative to the current internet

The bitcoin genesis block includes the text "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks". This is a clear reference to the financial crisis.
TPB was created in a climate caused by the Swedish IT bubble crash, which had a stronger impact on the Swedish economy due to its larger share of IT companies per capita.

My main gripe with torrents is that everyone I know removes them like niggers as soon as the download's done. That and not everyone has a significant uplink (0.6 mbps up for $45).

It will never work out as normalfags can't into authentication or delegate it to a jewed 3rd party. See CAs in the web, WPA-PSK (no authentication, no per-user password), WhatsApp handling private keys, and lack of adoption of PGP, WPA2-Enterprise, and PKIs. Hell, normalfags don't even know what a hash is.
And half-assed encryption is marginally better than no encryption at all (lulls you into false sense of security).

1. Companies which no longer rely on centralised stock markets and instead create use a private per-company cryptocurrency that has a proof of work that is intricately tied to some part of the business logic. They would then have an ICO to fund the company.

2. The decentralisation of social media due to the failings of the current tech bubble's biggest companies to respect the rights of their users. Things like zeronet, IPFS, and Bitchute have the potential to replace centralised social media.

The people you know won't have large hard drives anyway. What's interesting is the archival autists with terabyte download folders, as long as they keep seeding you're not going to have availability issues and if they don't you'll have anyway, even if the normies keep seeding. Emule's userbase has decreased by 75%+ from its peak, but it has more files indexed than ever.

no it didn't
no it didn't
Rad-X

That already exists. It's called ReactOS

Its true, ReactOS wouldn't exist if it weren't for the NT4 leaked source.

Gas yourselves. If react developers had even seen a glimpse of that source the project would be sued into oblivion you faggots. Same with wine/codeweavers.

Seeding is for plebs.

user is right, torrents are long dead unless you live in sub third world shitholes in which their ISPs don't give a fuck about piracy. Albiet ISPs can't catch you leeching anymore since YT and FB pull more data.

The place I've seen watermarks are animu streaming websites

not so subtle drumpf joke, I like it. :')

Why are most of structures named identically to the private structures found in the windows kernel headers. The ones not released in the SDK or in debugging symbols?

Faggot I have never seen windows source code or react os source code. How would I know? I think a better question is why would you know? Are you a microscam employee who shills against reactOS? Gas yourself patent troll.
this entire conversation is a work of fiction

Most European countries' ISPs don't care about piracy, the USA, the UK, and Japan's are probably the only countries' that do. I've never gotten abuse notices in Sweden despite seeding hundreds of torrents for years without VPN.

Because applications fucking expect them to be there holy shit how hard is "be compatible with windows" for you to understand

Looks like you have no concept of how the underlying architecture works.
First of all no application expects a structure to be named anything, because a structure is just grouping of basic types into a conglomerate datatype with accessible members. If you actually disassemble a application or library that has been built without debugging information, the names of structures don't exist. Applications don't expect structs to have a specific name, they expect them to have a specific grouping of data.
Secondly all the private internal kernel structures are not used by applications and purposely can't be used many times. If a driver tries to modify private data structures in a windows kernel then patchguard will be triggered and the OS will fault causing BSOD. This is because microsoft wants compatibility with drivers, so they force them to use the public SDK instead of reverse engineered kernel internal data structures.

Nirvana?

And Wine wants compatibility with 2 decades of software Microsoft left high and dry. You're a fucking idiot.

Tranny War I

Really its you thats the idiot. Once again STRUCTURE NAMING IS IRRELEVANT TO CODE EXUCTION. If React OS wasn't being directly copied from NT4 source code then it wouldn't have the exact same structure names.
As for Microsoft software It really doesn't work that way. Microsoft non-OS software only uses private symbols in usermode. All their drivers are built using public SDKs. If they had some magic backdoor that disabled patchgaurd without user warning, it would defeat the purpose of patchgaurd.

proof?

As I said, many structure names are identical when the only way that could happen is if they were looking at the leaked source

The mainstream adoption of 3D printed guns, ammunition, munitions, probably knives too...

Chaos Intellect.

How do you know those structures are not publicly documented?

What is the Win32 API?