So we talk a lot about politics, but not much religion which is intertwined with politics

so we talk a lot about politics, but not much religion which is intertwined with politics.

How many of you fucks are young-Earth creationists? Do you believe the earf is 6,000 years old? Do you believe that a supreme being just magic'd two people into existence, a man from the dust of the earf and the other from the man's rib? And the story of the flood and the Tower of Babel? And that God sent himself down to earf to be himself in human form and turn water into wine?

Come on Christian fundie fucks. Fucking coming on. Let's have a little talk about your dipshit beliefs and how fucking dumb you are.

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1844/jewish-question/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmament
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tbf, 6000 years could be God years, and actually be millions, but whatever.

>>>/christian/
>>>/islam/

No it isn't. It's not like the Bible mentions these years outright. If you count the lineage years from Adam and Stevette to the last character in the Bible, it adds up to 6,000-10,000 years.

Shut up. This is about how religion and politics intertwine.

lel crickets. fundie christians afraid to defend their own faith. this is a right wing board… i know you fundie fucks are out there

oops meant to post this in Holla Forums… nevermind i will go post there

marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1844/jewish-question/

OP is a faggot, he wouldn't criticize mudshits since they're an "oppressed" "minority" despite being the largest and fastest-growing religion and the ones doing all the oppressing. Christians haven't done shit since the 90s when they complained about my vidya being tools of Santa.

lol you dumb fuck

Also >>>/2hu/

Obligatory *tips fedora*

Ask greeks or romans what is "politics" then Machiaveli.

If there are any Christians here, they're so fucking redpilled they're Christian in name only

This what actually lefty believes.

Come on my dude, quit being a left-brain-slave brainlet. It's not as simple as all that.

Here, have a pony user.

Kek.

Alright, I'm a Christian. I'll answer.

Young Earth creationism isn't Biblical, and really has only existed for about the last 150 years or so basically since Darwin's 'Origin' book gained notoriety.

To get right to the point: Both the Earth and the universe are plainly billions of years old. This is completely compatible with scripture.

Sure do. And both Genetics and Archeology support this.

Yes. But not the idea that the flood was global for the whole planet, but merely universal for all mankind. That is, all humans and the animals they had infected with sin were wiped out by drowning with the exception of Noah and his family, and all the animals God directed in the ark Noah built.

Absolutely. There is literally no Christianity w/o Jesus Christ. As to His existence that's historically irrefutable. As to His Divinity that's obviously a matter of faith for the individual. Only the Holy Spirit can lead you to a Salvation experience, your mind can't. However God wants us to share the Gospel with others so they can apprehend the basic requirement for salvation, namely faith.

Sure, let's user.

Incorrect on all counts. James Ussher, writing in the 17th century (two centuries before Darwin), calculated the time of Creation as around 6pm on October 22, 4004 BC. He wasn't the only one to do this, either: lots of scholars tried, and took it quite seriously, and literally. And while he used some non-Biblical historical information like the reigns of Alexander the Great and Nebuchadnezzar in his calculation, it was almost entirely the Bible and the chronologies listed therein that he used.

So it is Biblical, it dates back farther than 150 years ago, and has nothing to do with Darwin or his Origin of Species.

The rest of your post is similarly amusing. Please do tell how "Genetics and Archaeology" support the account of the creation of man found in Genesis. Well, one of the accounts. There are two, actually! I'm sure you'll explain that away in the same tiresome fashion as other apologists, though.

This is now and official

TINY PENIS THREAD.

You're not gonna find a lot of young earth creationists replying to this because there aren't a lot of young earth creationists, especially not this fucking website. The vast majority of right wing americans believe in evolution, retard. Young earth creationism is not a right wing thing. It's a retard thing.

The same Bible says that the days will be every time shorter.

Implying reconquista was something bad and please stop believing that a little branch of american protestants is every christian in the world.

This.

From Ellis island to christianity.

Flood was actually global, it was the end of the last ice age and before that you had ice walls taller than the Everest.

Amen.

Actual days? old days? Btw, one thing are freemason's calculations, other a trend.

Already refuted, quoting cause i want to use the Ellis island joke again and for this:

Matthew 13:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Its pretty shocking, sexist and racist, you have two stories, one of the creation of man and another of Adam and Eve, ribs can be easily related to chromosomes, humans lacks a pair compared to other apes and they gave the y chromosome, its pretty shocking once you understand a little about chromosomes, no mayan, egyptian or sumerian text is so graphic.

I saw the genesis of the "flat earth" retardation, it was a fedora meme made to troll christians into thinking that the earth was flat, the problem is that atheists believed that crap and they still believe in that even if you show them when Moses was raised to Heaven and saw a sphere, atheists behave like cucks when their gfs are having sex with other men.

I'm aware of Archbishop Ussher's writing. You left out the "9 in the morning" part btw. And no, YEC didn't exist as a movement until after Darwin's hypothesis began to gain traction around the world and the 7th Day Adventists pushed it as a supposed answer to what they perceived as a threat to Christianity from evolution. That is, cut off the (then popular idea of) millions of years and viola – no evolution possible. Ironically the same group espouses an unheard of degree of neo-Darwinian activity to explain the 10's of millions of species alive today, claiming they all appeared from a much smaller set of animals that could actually fit on board the ark, in just ~6'000 years.

Church Fathers however, never defined any specific age frame, and wouldn't have been concerned at all that it turned out to be billions of years.

Let's just start there for now shall we?

No, the Biblical text explicitly spells out a universal destruction of mankind and their surrounding animals (save Noah, ofc) and that is all. The remainder of the text can easily be interpreted as a regional only – ie, the Mesopotamian plain and the Persian Gulf basin – flood event. There is certainly no scientific evidence of a modern concept of 'global', ie, the entire globe, flood event subsequent to the actual development of continents themselves.

BTW the concept that 'worldwide == global' itself is only a modern idea.

Additionally, I would also point out that numerous scriptures refer to the Earth as a sphere. In fact there are several scientifically-verifiable claims made in the Bible that were the first of their kind, made thousands of years before being observed by modern science inquiry and investigation.

Video related and no, i am not talking about pre-cambrian things, it was global.

Not sure what exactly this entertainment piece has to do with the actual Noahic flood, but there simply is no evidence geologically speaking of a globe-covering flood event subsequent to the appearance of the continents themselves 100's of millions of years ago. An event like that would certainly have left ample evidence in the worldwide geologic record and there simply is none.

Nor was there a need for one from God's perspective. The sin of mankind was the issue behind the need for the flood in the first place. All mankind was still gathered together at that time in just one region on Earth – namely the Mesopotamian plain – and simply flooding that one area wiped out both mankind and the animals that had been in contact with them.

The flood was not global in our modern sense, but it was universal with respect to ancient mankind save just one man & his family.

Ice age was universal.

Thus God made the expanse, and divided the waters which were under the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse

I think of myself as just a theist

The only people stupid enough to fall for this are LARPERs who pretend to be religious to troll you.

WIRED, jordan peterson is a cunt that won't touch touch certain subjects and is a believer in martyrdom.

??? Again, not sure what that film has to do with our topic.

And the Gen 1:7 scripture in all likelihood refers specifically to God forming the atmosphere and beginning the water cycle on the primordial Earth. The Noahic flood couldn't possibly have occurred until man had come on the scene, and that wasn't until billions of years later.

You fool!

Except that isn't what Gen1:7 is referring to, and Bible literalists believe the Earth (and all creation) is in the tens of thousands of years old.

I won't bother listing all the verses, but the Biblical definition of the universe is pic related.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmament

Daniel 4:11
The tree grew large and strong and its top touched the sky; it was visible to the ends of the earth.
- Biblical account of earth is flat etc

Actually upon reading some of the other responses here I've become convinced that you're all as retarded as they are.

well - theres your problem. It shouldnt be

west is criticizing your shitty beliefs, instead of muslims, cuz they know yours, cuz they grew up with it. They dont criticize islam as well, cuz they dont know about it as much. They criticize u, cuz u r the current, local problem, dipshit. Not cuz they sympathise with islam
but u wouldnt understand that, cuz u r a self-absorbed, delusional retard

no true scotsman. Ask yec if they r biblical
u mean "provided evidence for evolution"? (((da​tamin​ing)))
cite the bible, where it says "universe is about 14000000000 years old and earth is about 3000000000 years old"
it doesnt at all
so bible says adam was made out of dirt and eve out of a rib and thats literal, but the part about 6 days of creation isnt? (((da​tamin​ing))) How do u determine hats bullshit and whats not? (((da​tamin​ing)))
the joks on u, cuz there was no jesus christ son of god. Ask jews - theyll tell u whos a son of god and whos not

is flat

not a single proof

I am pretty scientifically literate so I will clear some things up.

Gravity:

Gravity does not exist as a force, it is merely described as the causal relationship between two objects of mass interacting with eachother on the fabric of space-time, this is usually represented with cosmic entities like planets pressing down and inviting other shapes into it's gravity well, and yet, there is no pulling, there is only falling.
And if gravity exists as a pulling force, then why is the moon said to be moving away from the earth? (((da​tamin​ing)))
Also, the "pulling" you are describing is from magnetic attraction pulling and pushing objects together or from each other. The centre of the earth is wholly magnetic, made from multiple amounts of molten metal which forces the planet to remain in it's shape, and keeps things on the ground, gravity is not needed in any contemporary theory of science, relativity describes causal relationships between entities, not the forces which make them act how they do, it is mostly a predictor of behaviour.

Mass:

Mass is a cumulative collection of energy transferred as the density of an object in space-time, no weight has to be inferred for mass to be detected, and weight is only measured after the intensity of magnetic attraction is recorded, which is commonly misunderstood as gravitational influence.

Flat earth:

Now, flat earth theories do not typically act so hysterically and irrationally when faced with opposition, such as when globe-heads do, which shows a fundamental dignity of flat-earthers as opposed to globeheads, which, to me at least, shows that flat-earthers have an intellectual advantage in their virtues for opinions. Okay, so flat-earthers will also correctly assert that gravity is not a force, it is an illusion suspended from relationships concerning mass and magnetism. Globeheads are mostly;y uneducated about anything except what they are taught in school, and really think about it, don't be biased, how many millennials who claim to love science actually know much about it? (((da​tamin​ing))) Not many at all. I feel like sceptics of science, who formulate their own conclusions in separate branches of the philosophy closely resemble the rebels from religious science back in the day, they are fighting the establishment who wrongfully have a monopoly over scientific thought, flat-earthers may be wrong, or even correct, but you must respect them for their excellent survival against pleb gatekeepers who think Elon Musk is a God.

I am not a Christian, I am just speaking as objectively as I can.

>why is the moon said to be moving away from the earth? (((da​tamin​ing)))

Globehead damage control is to try and mock any outside opinion and get others to laugh with them because they know that alone, intellectually, they stand no chance with an educated sceptic

How about you debunk some of my claims there, NASA.

Back to school, youngling

how bout u prove them to be true to begin with, huh? (((da​tamin​ing)))
How do eclipses work? (((da​tamin​ing)))

I am not necessarily a flat earther, I am just a sceptic of the establishment, your brain is just to small to not include any nuance to your worldview, eclipse is a massive celestial shadow caused by the moon blocking the sun's light, this is the dominant theory.

And gravity actually doesn't exist as a force, even general relativity states this, you just have no room for thought outside of indoctrination.

Michio Kaku - the co-founder of string theory. You gonna disprove that with your high school diploma? (((da​tamin​ing)))

Now offer me a favour of disproving what I said in my post or you are clearly just buffering time to make sure you're not responsible for looking like an idiot.

Can anyone post tl;dr summary of this thread? (((da​tamin​ing)))

relativity frames things in terms of curvature of time-space. If its not a force, how come we can measure it as such? (((da​tamin​ing)))

>Michio Kaku - the co-founder of string theory. You gonna disprove that with your high school diploma? (((da​tamin​ing)))
its not proved to begin with, so why dont u prove it with your kindergarten diploma? (((da​tamin​ing)))

rocks r not magnetic and uet they r being pulled towards the earth
gravitys sphere of influence doesnt stop, unlike magnetic force

>If its not a force, how come we can measure it as such? (((da​tamin​ing)))
I've agreed with you in general, but this is just stupid. Consider the centripetal force and how it can be measured, yet is not an actual force.

F=ma

a lot of christian bashers on Holla Forums
shows how many degenerate jews and muslims are on here.

good thing they're literally all inbreed from cousin fucking for 1000 years. easy cannon fodder tbh fam.