For those of you whove quit smoking, would smoking a durry after 21 days trigger the whole withdrawal process again...

for those of you whove quit smoking, would smoking a durry after 21 days trigger the whole withdrawal process again? im contemplating going out for a smoke

Yes, you will feel a high from the cigarette and then it will be diminishing returns with each consecutive one. Physical cravings stop completely by second month and mental ones just depend on how much you want to quit smoking.

21 days after quiting that is

i guess i wont have another one then, i dont want to go back to a pack and a half a day

one perk of going thru heroin addiction is to laugh at people like you i suppose

I'm sure it was all worth it for that cheeky smug feeling you have now.

when you don't smoke for a really long time, give it a couple months, you can do other less addictive tobacco like the snorting one, water pipe or cigars once in a while. there won't be withdrawal by then

reading my post with the intonation of "smug" is definitely not the way it was intended to be read

ive had a rough day man, my dog got frightened of the storm and ran off and ive been worried about him

I read that post with the intonation that you are wearing a Sherlock Holmes hat and are smoking a pipe.

so go for a smoke. if you are worried of withdrawal you can buy a pack of nicotine gum or something. ive smoked a pack a day for 11 years or somrthing like that but i stop for a month like 3 times a year and have never experienced anything close to resembling withdrawal (i am literally a garbage disposal for pills though so take that as you will, could mask symptoms i suppose)

nah i dont think i will go, i felt like a zombie for the first 12 days or so, couldnt focus or sleep, and my lungs kinda hurt.if i give into urges i wont be able to quit for good

well follow through with it now and next time youre distressed youll likely abstain from going for a smoke as well cuz i imagine ur dog running off will stress you out more than the next stressor in your life

I was a pack a day (sort of, I couldn't afford taylor mades so I rolled them) for something like 7 years.
I've been on nicabate mints for almost 3 and I think I'm as addicted to them as I was to smokes. I sometimes go to sleep with one in my mouth.
Cheaper, doesn't stink and is socially more acceptable though.

yeah youre right, anyway its only 1

yeah ive always been ambivalent of the patch/gum for the fact that i feel like it actually deepens the dependence to nicotine (despite being less damaging etc)

hope you find ur dog gl man

hes probably gone somewhere safe, ill find him when the storms blown over, ive seen a couple sheets of iron fly past my house so i dont really want to go out

Post back here when you find out or make a new thread for it.
I'm pretty interested/worried about your pupper too.

will do, itll probably be tomorrow sometime, just have to wait for the cyclone to clear

That's how it is for me

NZ?

yeah west coast

Just heard about it, I'm in Aus. (and I dont watch the news much)
If you want to post it on /ausneets/ they'd all want to see pupper well tomorrow.
I'll leave this page open anyhow.

just get acupuncture like everyone else faggot

Do not relapse. Your own brain is trying to trick you back into it anyway it can. Do not relapse.

DON'T DO IT user
DO NOT RELAPSE, SMOKING KILLS

what's a durry?

Probably, yes.

I quit cold turkey 10 years ago.
Wait 6 months without smoking anything.
Then if you get the urge to have a smoke, it will taste like ass and you will not even want to finish it.
Ta-daaah! Ex-smoker.

Just smoke and relapse tbh.

Life is too short to not enjoy things you love/life.

No ragrets fugger.

*love/like

JUST SMOKE YOU GAY FAGGOT

Maybe I'm not smoking them right

Don't be a pussy, make up your mind, did you stop smoking or are you a weak fucker.

Don't do what thrips-dub-dubs suggests!
Smoke your own pubes instead.

OP is a ShitStain with no life.

That's not exactly very helpful now, is it? tut tut tut

It's fucking mine cunt.

Mate, you find your dog?

Does Pence need to shock you?

am I supposed to feel bad for you or something?
did someone force you to do heroin?
weak faggot

Smoking is 80% in your head. Once you break the association of ciggies = nicotine it's easy to skirt around. I keep a few tins of snuff handy, it eliminates the cravings, is cheap, is nearly impossible to overdo, is much healthier, and if I go out for a beer I can have a smoke and it's not going to put me back. Using a vape can work similarly, but I don't entirely trust those things and it's too close to smoking imho.
t. pack & a half a day for 15 years