Ties

From the moment we're born, we are tied to our family, now, that's not a bad thing, but in today's society we are also tied to other things, and as we grow up these things pile up on top of another, things such as:

School and related school work.
Grades based on our performance.
Social standing in our crowded societies.
High-school and even more work.
More grades.
Finally College, or, a job.

Meanwhile we are still tied to our family, which at first is not bad, but later in life it can result in frustration and limitations. No wonder why there are less families now more than ever, it's not only about money, it's about the pace we live at.

I am in my mid 20s and I feel like I have not accomplished anything, I don't feel fulfilled, and I feel like all this time I've been heavily limited in what I can do in my youth, previous generations seemed to start living like adults much earlier, their early and late 20s were a time of breaking ties and learning to make choices on your own, you'd still have to have a job, but you did not have as many ties to other things, by the early 30s, most people had already felt fulfilled, or at least liberated long enough to now wanting to tie themselves to a family of their own, it was a natural progression.

Now it's hardly possible for a man in his mid 20s, and even early 30s to even get out of their parents home, and so we are left with 2 choices, we either give up our pursuit for personal fulfillment, or we tie ourselves down to a family, which is not bad, but for a man who hasn't had a chance at freedom, it's usually an unwanted weight.

Don't mind if I self bump.

I can see where you were going with this post but you made it too much about yourself and never arrived at the point really. Pic related is a better version of what you tried for reference.

I'd recommend this brand OP.

Bump.

I'm in pretty much the same predicament as you describe.

this is good advice

many people stagnate because everything in the modern world is locked up behind gatekeepers
whether it's getting a job, getting a license to drive, getting into schools, you're always having to ask for permission first, and it's not supposed to be this way

Those are some appetizing ties.

Opinion discarded.

It's certainly not a wholesome hobby. We don't call it the interactive jew for nothing.

It depends on what you make of it.

wew

So much this. It is sad realizing how permanently fucked up I am because of it.

This is the cuckchan exodus.

It's never too late to

It took me a 90 day try when I was 19 when i moved to West Virginia. Didn't work out, could only get 25 hours a week of work, had to steal food to eat for the week from local grocery (everyone did it - have no idea how it stayed in business), came back worked around the house and yards, made it immaculate, ran 5 miles a day, lifted and then joined the military after 4 months.

I worked as a waiter/cook/dishwasher and could have easily moved into a house with 4-10 other people several times.

Have a friend who up and moved to Hawaii due to a connection, got a job caretaking a mansion for 2 years. He told me stories of people who did the same and were living in tents in people's kitchens for $300 a month and begging for jobs selling sandals, for commission.

Fuck, if you have wheels you can Uber across the nation for gas money.

Make yourself great, at least try.

What do you make of it then? Do you honestly think it's more wholesome than other hobbies involving the outdoors?

Cucks dreaming of a happier, easier life and blaming someone else for their failure to take initiative and overcome their limitations and problems.

It's a hobby like doing heroin is a hobby. Not exactly a skill that's going to get you very far in life.

You sound like boomerscum.

Zilli master race. Nicest silk I've ever seen in my life (beats the shit out of Hermes, Drakes, Gucci et al.).
though the company is owned by a Jew, unfortunately

I'm a millenial who had absent parents, no friends, and played video games and watched TV excessively while growing up. Once you realize how fucked up you are, you can either cry about it, blame others, and do nothing, or you can try to make yourself the best person you can.

Being more fucked up as a kid actually gives you more opportunity for greatness, which is why it's pathetic to hear people slander bad parenting because they're too weak to take responsibility for themselves.

I had a similar upbringing, and I weep because my life could have been a lot nicer had my parents not been so hell bent on making every wrong decision possible. I have a job out of uni as an accountant so I'm not a failure, but I've always had more agency than most so I see all the friends I had who went astray due to awful parenting. Not everyone who plays videogames is a loser, but it isn't exactly the sport of winners in the amounts that people play.

Also, games nowadays are shitty tablet games that take no skill which furthers the process of turning the player's brain to mush. I'm speaking as someone with a lot more videogame experience than I'd care to admit. I'll introduce games to my kids in limited amounts, but I'll certainly give them other things to do that I wish my parents gave me.

So family is irrelevent, community is irrelevant, society is irrelevant.

It is all just people choosing to blame others. I was raised like shit to. You still sound fucked up, m8, which is the point. There is no self-development that will "fix" you. You can act as stereotypically tough as you want, but you're rotten at the core. I don't fucking hide from the truth and I don't excuse those who have hurt me.
By your own logic we should hold no one accountable for what they do to us.

Nicer in what way? More comfortable and easy and inoffensive? Or harsher and more demanding and more great?

A lot of assumptions you're making there kiddo. I've always wanted to be a part of the boy scouts and eventually be an eagle scout since it seems to be the only way to learn traditional skills anymore. My mom didn't like that she would have had to drive me once a week for ten minutes so I never got to do that. Parents never took me on a single trip to go see a single national park or anything really, I was always vegetating at home because my mom was lazy and spent all her money on stupid frivolous shit. Then when we started to have a little more income, we bought an enormous house, way bigger than we ever needed or I wanted and then put ourselves back into the red where we couldn't afford to do anything or have any experiences. I want to climb mountains yet I was left alone with a computer without a car.

You sound like a fucking faggot honestly. There is nothing noble about suffering for no reason. You act like it's not common for parents to be shit.

It's a lot like the old-timey hobbies of the same sorts; playing cards, or games on the tabletop. Outlets for thought that can't be put towards something productive have been around for centuries; H.G. Wells published Little Wars in 1913. Not too much to gain in vidya, but it isn't a detrimental influence on you unless you take it to an obsessive level.

Shit lad, my parents never took me anywhere either. Nowadays I go places with my aryan qt pie.