Woah... So this is the power of linux

Woah... So this is the power of linux...

Other urls found in this thread:

niceme.me
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repdigit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You faggot.

When did you realize Linux is just a shittier looking ( and functioning ) version of Macintosh?

You may as well write your own broken OS cause that's the time you'll spend wasted fixing a piece of shit operating system.

Not sure if b8 or joke

Just kys, OP.

niceme.me

BUT MUH GAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYMES

Wrong, wrong, and wrong, sorry hon :(

They're not wrong.

Apple = security through obscurity
Linux = security through irrelevancy

All major hacks in private security systems always happen to Linux based servers.

MUHHH FREEEDUMMBBS

Because linux is the majority of servers.
So when someone sets out to hack a server its probably a linux server.
cause its a better operating system than windows or macOS.

So is that why a majority of servers run linux?

Hmmmm, Windows also happens to be the most popular OS for PC use. I guess that settles Windows is the superior OS ;)

Most servers have their own fork of Linux that is often exploited by employees within the system. The fact these operating systems are just as vulnerable or perhaps more vulnerable to exploits than closed source alternatives proves how naive you really are about security.

Just wanted to use this shitposting thread to remind everyone the 777777 GET is happening sometime within the next few hours and it will most likely be taken by someone representing some other rival website again

The reason Linux is king on Servers is because of history. UNIX was developed by a telecommunication company for networking equipment. Linux is a clone of UNIX designed to be compatible with it. Thus it became the most logical upgrade path when UNIX stopped being supported. That's it, it's just history, not because it's particularly better or worse than Windows.

Most hackers know how to trinket Linux
Most servers are Linux
Most pajeets target Windows
Windows despite being 90% of the world's OS has less security flaws than Loonix

Having more autists interested in free source programming actually weakens your security because the only security advantage Loonix has is obscurity like Mac OS. Nevermind the only working server OS is BSD, the thousand other flavors of Linux are trash.

This. UNIX was never designed for casual use. Linux appealing to normalfags w/ user friendly software is absolutely retarded.

Which is why Arch is the closest thing you'll get to a functional UNIX OS for personal use and security.

Sure is /g/ in here

Open source = we must seize the means of production

It produces halfassed shitty software with no incentive to create it.

If Mac OS was structured in UNIX you literally couldn't tell me the difference between it and every other Linux POSOS.

Face it, you're the poorfag versions of macfags who believe they're special for defying Microsoft.

I

Believe it or not our >>>/g/ is still active and still getting new posts every day despite being slower than this board, and you know what? It's actually a better tech board than this shitheap regardless. All the shit freetards chased away and called "botnets" and "hurr this belongs on >>>/rice/ !" is what killed this board. Our /g/ has build threads, desktop threads, mobile threads, it's a fucking freetards nightmare, but you know what? It gives the board actual substance. Something this place severely lacks

LOL, STALLMINIONS STALLING FOR TIME TRYING TO REFUTE THIS

B T F O
T
F
O

/g/ has less active users than tech.

Fuckoff Mactard

Less active users yet the overall user diversity is significantly higher than here. Goes to show how strong the GNU/Hivemind is

You're the reason /g/ turned to shit. Consumerist bullshit is not technology.

Neither is language/DE wars you fucking autist

Found the butthurt curry eating stinky pajeet

wewlad calling people Indians sure is technology!

Loonixfags butchered Holla Forums with their autism ( also doesn't help the BO doesn't fucking do anything, probably is a linuxshill himself )

Where do we go now?

The BO said himself in the past he hates the Linux hivemind despite being a Linux guy himself (or was that just a volly?)

Honestly, the BO should do the following

And when I say
I mean just the useless cyclicals nobody ever responds to. They were a good idea when the concept was still new and we expected autism levels of PPH but they are useless now

Back to halfchan you go faggot. Nobody wants thinly veiled anime wallpaper threads.

you should stay there
>>>/g/

You are why this board is slower than it should be

Slowness is a good thing. Fuckoff with your vapid suggestions.

I want thinly veiled anime wallpaper threads

I 2nd this

Slowness is fine as long as there is substance to keep it interesting. I'm not advocating we go full normalfaggot ADHD levels of users like halfchan but fuck man give this board something to talk about. You can only discuss the Linux distro of the week for so fucking long before it gets old.

programing threads are comfy, and they're allowed here.

The programming threads are the most active threads here, there's nothing wrong with that but it's pretty much the only thing this board really has going for it.

The fuck are you talking about? I just opened up and looked at the first results on the catalog and i only saw 1 thread for distros and it was mainly shitposting.

>>>/metatech/

The BO should also trash metatech in favor of a meta sticky here instead. Maybe that will actually improve communication instead of obfuscating it

You're not even fucking trying user

That's just a quick skim over the catalog too

Meh in a what is possible scheme of things linux is crap. But in a what we have currently scheme of things linux is best for usability and customization.

Remove Holla Forums from tech

Bigotry is not welcomed here.

I am a bigot against windows because the operating system is a total and utter peice of shit in every faucet. So deal with it and go improve it. Oh wait you can't improve it because microsoft won't let you. Go work on linux instead since it can be improved.

You are the bigot here, retard.

>>>/auschwitz/

An SJW with some redeeming qualities. That's refreshing.

If you're trying to use Linux by itself, you're not going to get far. Linux is only part of an operating system. It is a component known as a "kernel".

notto disu shitto agen...

End your life.

You too.

Idiot. Free software is not the same as freeware. One refers to the user's liberties, and the other refers to price. I can only assume she means frei rather than kostenlos.

bait

better bait than bump
>>>/bog/

Holla Forums only recognises interesting numbers as GETs anyway. 777781 is a prime and thus more legitimate.

The correct mathematical term is "repdigit" famalamdam
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repdigit

God damn, a hell of alot of baggage loaded with that phrase "designed for casual use" huh user.
No.

Windows is just a better version of operating system.

GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW

RIGHT WING DEATH SQUADS

HOLOCAUST DIDN'T HAPPEN, BUT IT WILL!

yet here you are.

>>Holla Forums
Go back.

You have dozens of boards and shit tier forums where you can have an edgy signature no one reads under each of your posts while you talk about your stupid smart phones and how great your riced desktop is. Just fuck off to one of them. Last time I checked Holla Forums didn't give a shit about vidya or consumerism. I'm sorry this place can't be the nu-Holla Forums you want so badly

what did he mean by this?

Everything that's not war is a waste of time, faggot

Feel free to make a thread about templeOS, openBSD, freeBSD, plan9, MINIX, HURD etc. Even reactOS.
Or about any of the(free) software you might use on these, if its interesting. Or, you want to talk about hardware? A thread about the TALOS is up. Maybe make a thread about repurposing old hardware? Or doing cool shit with electronics?
oh, no, you want to jerk off to your proprietary garbage smartphones and macbooks because anything other than consumerist nigger cattle clusterfucks made of shit atop more shit "doesn't actually work," to you.

What? Get the fuck out of here faggot.

How do people fuck up this bad? I was contemplating just going back to Windows on this laptop like all my other PCs. Thank fuck at least one distro actually gives a fuck

ubuntu is NSA botnet spyware, use parabola

Oh shit I was wrong. The AMDGPU module was loaded but when I edited xorg.conf to force the AMDGPU driver AND when I blacklisted the radeon kernel module I get an error in the xorg log after login telling me AMDGPU failed to initialize

Fuck AMD, seriously why do so many retards here shill for them?

Did you try re installing the module?

AMD has adequate price to performance ratio. I prefer dealing with AMD's hardware than to deal with a world where only Nvidia has the monopoly and we are forced to buy overpriced hardware.

What about slackware?

Why do people do this?

I officially declare this thread dead.

wtf I love windows now

arch is best os in universe but arch mods and devs are cunts it seems lately. meh.

arch is the one that doesnt install a desktop enviornment
the one you can customize and install anything you want, thats arch righ?
gentoo? the arch distro where everything comes from the AUR.
slackware? th e arch distro where they took out pacman, right
void? the arch distro that replaced systemd with runit, dont you know
!!ARCH!!

minimal debian netinst is actually arch. its called debian, but look closely. no DE, just the command line, so you can tell its a version of arch, but with debian branding. what a bunch of losers, ripping off arch like that. did I mention debian sucks? fuck debian! fucking shit debian lol fuck deSHITbian xDDD
Crux is arch from scratch
STALI stands for Static Arch LInux.
redstarOS is, as you know, arch for koreans.
freebsd is arch minus gnu
openbsd is arch with autism
plan9front is arch with plan9port installed
I love arch linux! :)) xD

Just use fucking GPU passthrough, you get the benefit of both while defanging Windows on a hardware level.

Linux is for people who don't like Windows and are also broke.

1.)Requires two graphics cards unless you use some kind of integrated graphics for the host. Potentially very expensive.
2.)will likely require more RAM than you'd need otherwise
3.)If you're the sort of consumerist cattle into /g/ shitposting like this, you'd probably rather tear off your kneecaps than buy a brand of graphics card other than the one you've legally married, so the option is only available to amd's cucks, not nvidia's.
4.)If you fall int othe demographic mentioned above, you're probably too lazy and stupid to do anything that takes more than four clicks, and it requires setup.
in summary, it can be costly and is the sort of thing /g/aymur crossies from Holla Forums would be averse to.

1) Every Intel Chip in the past five years from the i5 to i7 have Integrated Graphics so you can just use that.
2) You can do it with 8 but 16 is nice.
3) Works with both cards so thats wrong
4) Thats shill bullshit people who are interested are willing to at least make an attempt with the process getting easier and easier with major distributions understanding that this is the way to get more users on Linux.

It also works with Ryzen but not as well atm. The recent patches are improving things with it up to snuff at the worst in 2-3 months.

N O .
They also all have management engine.
AMDs later than 2013(16h onwards) have an equivilant. Do not touch.
Passing a graphics card between the host and a guest without restarting shit requires an AMD, my memory of this is coming back. So thats how youd play games on both linux and the guest without two graphics cards, without it being a pain in the ass.
However, given the first point about recent intel, you should get two graphics cards anyways.
This is true of a subset of normies. the /g/ types who aren't using linux wont be convinced. they're compensating for insecurity about being a 'nerd' by embracing an imagined image of what they think normies are like, based on insecure fantasies and pop culture that fed them. They'll just call you a pathetic loser NEET for suggesting it. Hence why the ones who arent also gamers all use macshit, like status obsessed highschool girls.

Not impossible to do, or to get someone to do, but you see the obstacles