Why aren't more people paying attention to Hyperbola ? They just announced they are ending support for systemd

Why aren't more people paying attention to Hyperbola ? They just announced they are ending support for systemd.

hyperbola.info/

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.hyperbola.info/
forum.nim-lang.org/t/2332
youtube.com/watch?v=GNUGjFzenq4
debian.org/social_contract
debian.org/code_of_conduct
debian.org/intro/diversity
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was forked two months ago from Parabola Linux, according to web search. Why do you feel you need to leap from obscure distro to obscure distro while pretending everyone goes to this much trouble to be different?

Do you want me to tell you about my childhood too ?

End of systemd support

2017-08-05

As systemd doesn't follow our Social Contract, we have decided to remove it and use OpenRC as our default init system. The decision means that the Stable v0.1 will be the first and the last version supporting systemd.

To ease the transition, systemd support will remain in the stable repositories for the time being, while we are removing it in the Testing version and creating our OpenRC migration guide. As of Stable v0.2 release, systemd support will be completely removed without further notice.

Further details:

* Unchecked null pointer dereferencing in PID 1 not considered a serious issue
* Mount efivarfs read-only
* Unable to shutdown
* journald eats up CPU
* Corrupted binary logs
* tmpfiles: R! /dir/.* destroys root
* systemd again (or how to obliterate your system)
* systemd can't handle the process previlege that belongs to user name startswith number, such as 0day
* systemd Using 4GB RAM After 18 Days of Uptime
* Please do not default to using Google nameservers
* journal ip anonymization
* systemd kill background processes after user logs out
* systemd-resolved DNS cache poisoning

I have no problem with Systemd because Systemd is GPL software.

In what universe is systemd unacceptable while the cuck that now runs openrc is?

The one that believes that systemd forces a distro to replace individual system programs for systemd modules. OpenRC is an individual system program that doesn't have that same connotation of systemd.

Legit question, why are people picking this over runit?

SystemD is unacceptable in itself, while you yourself stated that what you find unacceptable of OpenRC is the cuck that now runs it.

See the difference?

wiki.hyperbola.info/

idk. i want to know why I should pick runit over sysvinit.

lol nope

I think you confuse Code of Conduct with Social Contract. Any Free License is a social contract.

A license is a legal contract.
And I was more laughing at the parts of the "contract"

runit doesn't have useless bloat like sysvinit's internal task scheduler and IPC bus protocol

service management is easier with runit. start/restart/stop scripts are just a few lines needed.

I have moved my debian installs to runit. I am not picky about what software i use. i just go for whats easy.

this.

Because there are 10 million linux distros and 90% of them with slick logos and names are just Debian, Ubuntu, or Arch with modded DEs. I don't want to spend hours wading through shit to find a neat little distro that will last a few years and then be abandoned like crunchbang.

Well the community contract seems to be a CoC.
Don't get me wrong I think this is common sense.
But I don't understand why people need these rules on the web.
Go with a pseudonym, share some code, that's all.

The nim community nailed this some time ago
forum.nim-lang.org/t/2332

Sounds like a fancier word for "Code of Conduct".
Did pottering trigger a bunch of SJW into making their own distro or something?

Reminder youtube.com/watch?v=GNUGjFzenq4

Why does that picture exist on the internet?

If what you quote is correct it looks a lot like a CoC.

When I hear social contract I think of Debian's Social Sontract, which is about software.

debian.org/social_contract

Debian also has a CoC, but I think it's an excellent example of a CoC.

debian.org/code_of_conduct

They seem to have changed it I remember it to be more like the contributor covenant.
The new coc seems reasonable but for myself I will never accept one.
Also:
debian.org/intro/diversity