Paid shills and astroturfing is illegal. We need to do a class action law suite against CTR

Paid shills and astroturfing is illegal. We need to do a class action law suite against CTR.

Being paid to shill is legal only when the shill is clear and conspicuous. Both the shills and the shill public relations agency are liable for failing to disclose this on each and every post.

ftc.gov/sites/default/files/attachments/press-releases/ftc-publishes-final-guides-governing-endorsements-testimonials/091005revisedendorsementguides.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/115483/htg-explains-learn-how-websites-are-tracking-you-online/
ft
ftc
stats.4ch.net/Holla
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bumping because you fuckers need to read this.

Stop shitposting for like 30 seconds.

Where, within that document, is the bit pertaining to this?

Bump

Fuck it, Ill bump.
P.S. So glad captcha doesnt open a new fucking tab anymore, when did that change?

have a bump op

Fuck you, FBI.

This.
Don't click the link.

eg public relations firms

eg a paid shill

posting would not be deemed an endorsement under the Guides.

extremely important

if you get any form of compensation to shill you MUST declare it in a clear and conspicuous way.

Shouldn't you have a disclosure at the bottom of your post?

Ever see CRT posting misleading shit, that's also illegal, if your paid to shitpost you are forbidden from being deceptive or misleading in any way.

Nice dubs, but it's a bit late in burgerland. I'd make sure to bump this back up tomorrow evening.

bojangles is the architect of pain

howtogeek.com/115483/htg-explains-learn-how-websites-are-tracking-you-online/

This is common sense user, you don't direct-link stuff like .gov sites cuz then your IP address can be logged on said site as coming from Holla Forums.

I'm not a shill, I'm just not stupid, unlike you.

I'll help a bit before I go to bed.

Just copy and paste or have a good vpn.

Pissing in an ocean of piss is a 4chan meme.

You have to go back. Get the fuck out.

CTR would have plausible deniablility dont you think? Unless one of the shills came clean, which would end with the being seth rich'ed. If someone could hack a shill's computer and catch them in the act on the other hand…

Both CTR (the organization) and the shills (personally) are liable, even the Clinton campaign may be liable if they were coordinating.

She just overheated, she just tripped, there where 30,000 people there, Bernie supporters are flocking to Clinton ect ect ect, all blatant lies are illegal for a paid shill to propagate.

Just for you, plausible deniability wont shield them from liablilty they have to ensure any advertiser or (((blogger))) that is under there pay is not breaking the rules.

The blogger is also liable if she fails to disclose clearly and conspicuously that she is being paid for her services. [See § 255.5.] In order to limit its potential liability, the advertiser should ensure that the advertising service provides guidance and training to its bloggers concerning the need to ensure that statements they make are truthful and substantiated. The advertiser should also monitor bloggers who are being paid to promote its products and take steps necessary to halt the continued publication of deceptive representations when they are discovered.

(checked)
(checked)
(checked)

Honest question, how is Holla Forums going to get a lawyer and go to court?

Subpoenas are beautiful things. Also, we have their payroll. I'm sure we could find evidence of their employees shilling on twitter with accounts linked to their names. Enough to investigate.

That would open up a much bigger can of worms regarding campaign finance.

Several lawyers actually browse this board, and i sure Holla Forums isn't the only place they've astroturfed without disclosure.

True we could put another website or board in the suit.

Because I could just imagine all of Holla Forums show up to the courthouse. What would that look like?

We need verifiable links to accounts that are utilized by actual CTR employees

The most recent leak gives us all their financial information. We now have more than enough of these shills real names and addresses so that we can exploit one form of comms whether plebbit, email, SA, or a kike news forum to get proof of their logging in as said user. Time to get to entrapping anons.

Possible examples would be baiting a news story related to your hacking group, send them a sample doc with ransomware in email. Asking them how you can get in contact with CTR to help in these upcoming weeks, this may include searching craigslist or local university politic groups. I'm sure there are others these are just two quick exploits.

I will donate to a lawyer if we have demonstrable proof of a connection. I'm sure other anons would join in a crowdsourced effort.

i weiner'd the cat gud in muh piss ocean

Class action for all users of sites targeted by ctr. A lawyer would get a subpoena for their records, accounts, and whatnot and go from there.

If anyone is going to be up for awhile, then I would suggest looking through the Capricia leak. CTR seems to have sent out an update of their accomplishments fairly regularly. That would be a good starting point.

Any paid demonstrators (((actors-shill-interns))) must be clearly and conspicuously disclosed, no filling the ranks of protesters or having stocking a rally with people who work for you unless you make it clear and conspicuous.

Not half bad actually. Didn't you see any of the federal reserve armed protests? Haven't you participated in a /meadhall/ meetup yet?

We're men. There aren't many of us, but we are men, and we are getting stronger.

kek's blessed this thread it seems

is this something we can make use of WeSearchr?

You cant pretend to be a member of John Q Public if you've received any form of compensation unless you disclose that compensation.

Unless you can prove specific cases of paid shills, this doesn't mean anything. This begs the question, how do you prove it.

Do you have examples of successful cases against shills?

If a class action has merits, then a lawyer will generally take it on for a cut of the payout. That hypothetical lawyer could potentially retire if this case goes through and wins.

Organizations who make endorsements must be able to show how they came to that conclusion, they cant just make them on a whim, the enforcement must also accurately represent the views of the members of the organization.

§ 255.4 Endorsements by organizations. Endorsements by organizations, especially expert ones, are viewed as representing the judgment of a group whose collective experience exceeds that of any individual member, and whose judgments are generally free of the sort of subjective factors that vary from individual to individual. Therefore, an organization’s endorsement must be reached by a process sufficient to ensure that the endorsement fairly reflects the collective judgment of the organization. Moreover, if an organization is represented as being expert, then, in conjunction with a proper exercise of its expertise in evaluating the product under § 255.3 (expert endorsements), it must utilize an expert or experts recognized as such by the organization or standards previously adopted by the organization and suitable for judging the relevant merits of such products. [See § 255.1(d) regarding the liability of endorsers.]

Creating sham organizations to give out awards and declare memes racist is illegal unless they go through the full rigors that other comparable organizations go through.

A class action may not work, but we can make complaints to the FTC. It looks like they'll issue a cease and desist then start issuing fines if the behavior continues.

ft c.gov/news-events/press-releases/2015/09/xbox-one-promoter-settles-ftc-charges-it-deceived-consumers

ft c.gov/news-events/press-releases/2016/07/warner-bros-settles-ftc-charges-it-failed-adequately-disclose-it

checked. you are doing god's work user

sweet. lawyers will be fighting over the opportunity to take this case then

==Disclose disclose disclose=

Blogging, representing in media or otherwise, you must disclose

Kek you don't have to disclose if you got someones endorsement secretly and then later paid them for using it.

My place in society doesn't make it easy to show up to such a venue. As a business owner I only hire white workers though with white families or soon to be ones. And also try to make sure my employees enjoy their family rather than going on to many trips which would put them away for to long a time or to regularly. That is not to say I allow them to become weak and complacent but instead allow them to grow without stifling their abilities.

It sort of works, money isn't as important as your race. And I have gone shooting with a few once and a while its a slow process to make them see truth.

Perhaps some Metrologists will show up to /meadhall/ sometime in the future.

Hey you know that the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet in Unicode 0x5D0 = base10 its 1488? Metrology strikes again because that means everytime some Jew types the their first letter they are saying 1488

Paying ecelebs for endorsements (or providing any form of compensation to them must be disclosed)

Example 7: A college student who has earned a reputation as a video game expert maintains a personal weblog or “blog” where he posts entries about his gaming experiences. Readers of his blog frequently seek his opinions about video game hardware and software. As it has done in the past, the manufacturer of a newly released video game system sends the student a free copy of the system and asks him to write about it on his blog. He tests the new gaming system and writes a favorable review. Because his review is disseminated via a form of consumer-generated media in which his relationship to the advertiser is not inherently obvious, readers are unlikely to know that he has received the video game system free of charge in exchange for his review of the product, and given the value of the video game system, this fact likely would materially affect the credibility they attach to his endorsement. Accordingly, the blogger should clearly and conspicuously disclose that he received the gaming system free of charge. The manufacturer should advise him at the time it provides the gaming system that this connection should be disclosed, and it should have procedures in place to try to monitor his postings for compliance.

God dammit I should have posted this one first, but it was near the bottom and it had been a while sense I read through the document, this is the nail in the coffin boys, its exactly the thing happening here. Any CTR employee or campaign employee or anyone getting compensation from them must disclose that affiliation if they are going to talk about related things in social media. A CTR employee cant even post an anonymous post on a Chan site or Reddit or tweet about Clinton or Trump or about the election at all unless they have disclosed who they work for.

Example 8: An online message board designated for discussions of new music download technology is frequented by MP3 player enthusiasts. They exchange information about new products, utilities, and the functionality of numerous playback devices. Unbeknownst to the message board community, an employee of a leading playback device manufacturer has been posting messages on the discussion board promoting the manufacturer’s product. Knowledge of this poster’s employment likely would affect the weight or credibility of her endorsement. Therefore, the poster should clearly and conspicuously disclose her relationship to the manufacturer to members and readers of the message board.

Get raped shills.

Actually the may or may not be able to punish this. If they pursued our complaints, then it would almost definitely be taken to the courts. They can hypothetically punish non-profits thanks to a recent court ruling on common carriers, but it hasn't exerted this power much yet.

SUBMIT COMPLAINTS ANYWAY
ftc complaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1

One last bump before I go to bed.

B U M P

Bump!

bumop

This is all good stuff. But what worries me is that all of these examples have the same format

I know what these laws are being used to enforce. It's fake Amazon reviews and the use of social media celebrities who are "sponsored" by brands and companies. It's to avoid the undoing the decades of marketing laws that "protected" the consumer through print, radio and tv ads. I've never seen it enforced any other way.

In most of the screenshot examples I've seen CTR isn't pushing for a product directly, instead just "saying their opinion" on politics or candidates. For this to stick it has to be proven that the shills' main goal was to push an actual product: to vote for Hilldog. So we would need proof of just that, not of them badmouthing Trump or derailing threads. If anyone has screenshots of them implicitly shilling for internet users to vote for Hilary then post them here because those are the important pieces of evidence.

This is sticky icky shit but it could work with a great lawyer.

Reddit was a CTR main battle ground.

Here have a bump OP.

While the document was not written in a politics eccentric way I don't think its a stretch at all to accept the fact that this is political spending intended to ultimately influence voters. If Microsoft had a paid troll army of shitposters shilling against PlayStation it would be a clear violation, political spending to influence voters is advertisement and the FTC creates rules governing advertising and what CTR is doing clearly violates those rules.

I'm not trying to imply there will be no court battle we just get an attorney and instantly CTR shuts down and has to pay each uf us $1000. But our goals are to make them stop and set case law making it clear that this sort of shit is prohibited. It may not be easy but it I believe it can help our side and is necessary for the future of the internet. In any event its important to project confidence with shit like this.

Considering there are links showing clear ties between the Clinton campaign and CTR, wouldn't the campaign itself also be subject to the lawsuit?

Blatantly shitposting is a bannable offense here, go back to cuckchan.

Hey newfriend, Holla Forums isn kike owned like Holla Forums.
Get the fuck out.

So is this still going?

OK … how do we prove a shill is shilling and not just expressing a personal opinion?

Which would be worse? Expose the massive amounts of CTR shilling on this little board … or finding out that nobody here is CTR and we're just paranoid?

Well, I know there's that list of a few members of CTR. Isn't that shit still stickied?

Bump

A)legal professionals who browse this board B)direct/indirect contact via user with members of senate (stonetear) and other legislative authorities and
C) weaponized autism and willpower manifestation to the extent some NEETs here wouldn't band together and write a case themselves

list of stickied ctr members info and some investigative journalism, the good ol user method.

Although I agree with the idea, for a law suite, don't you need to prove that it was CTR shills that shilled here? Or that anyone shilled at all?

Of fucking course I got a (1), I just got in the thread, everyone starts with a (1)

disregard my trips, reading the thread it seems it's plausible

(checkem)
Got away with starting wars, 30+ murders, aiding the enemy, disclosing state secrets, bribery, smuggling prohibited drugs…

Now we got her for imageboard shilling.

We can also keep track of the general stats to see if there are wild upticks in usage during certain political events.

stats.4ch.net/Holla Forums/displaytable.php?file=pol

Did they implying that lawyer should not defend his client?

If she admitted to knowing her client was guilty, the she would have been disbarred. No exceptions.

The thing is it does not matter, if they are payed by a shilling agency they cant express a personal opinion on the subject without also disclosing the relationship they have with that subject.

All clowning around aside, is this why shills are using overseas proxies to shill real heard on half's pol?

Maybe not developed exclusively for the purpose of halfcuck shilling, but yeah they might be aware of the rules and said to employees, "Okay listen up xuys and xirls, if you're going to post in YouTube comments, Facebook, Twitter, social media, reddit, or even those *chan sites, and pretend like you're a non-paid member of the general public, then make sure you're using [browser-with-pre-configured-proxy]"

This is the kind of communication we could find in discovery, and they would have to disclose it to us and even them telling shills to do this would be illegal.

Dude don't ruin the original meme come one.

on*

Guys I think we have a real case but I need help pushing this forward. How do we get a holed of some decent litigators who will work off potential settlement money (or should we do a go fund me or something).

bump

You deserve it, technological illiterate.