To all the non-native English speakers: How long did it take you to learn English...

To all the non-native English speakers: How long did it take you to learn English, how difficult was it and what is your mother tung?

Pic semi-related.

Engish was taught to us starting from 1st grade.

It wasnt really that hard to learn if you love the subject.

In my case,

I understand written spoken/english perfectly, but when it comes to speaking it and writing it, i still have trouble sometimes and can't convey my thoughts in eloquent way like a native would.

Xd

where you from

bonjour, old Froganon here
I learned English at 13, school, 2nd foreign language after German at 11. School was crap
I only began to get good at English after I discovered role-playing games at 14, this was decades ago and the few existing games and journals were mostly in English
Dungeons&Dragons had a hilariously bad pirate French translation circulating, barely good enough to undestrand the rough subject of a paragraph and full of mistakes, so the only way to keep playing was to grab a french-english dickshunharry and datamine the shit out of it
this made the process of reading WhiteDwarf and DragonMagazine much easier, then reading some sci-fi and fantasy (Douglas Adams to Tolkien, etc)
and suddenly, barely 500 magazine articles, 20 various role-playing rulebooks and 200 scifi/fantasy novels later, I was boss kickass in English at school

i dont know at what point u, or i call it "learned". Ive ben learning it since kindergarten, i had extracurricular lessons in 1st 3 primary years, then it got mandatory and i was in an advanced class

Well done, "La Luz Extinguido" made me laugh.

I believe all the goons posting these memes are niggers or shitskins.

i've been speaking English since 5th grade, 20 years ago. It was actually super easy tbh. Easier than French or German that were the other 2 options we had.

(cool digits, dipshit)
I'm from Portugal btw

==AYO HOL UP=

WE WAZ KINGS AND SHIET!

Dunno lol been sailing the seven internets for as long as i remember and i've kind of just learned it as a i go

I am Portuguese and when I was in the 3rd grade I had almost no clue how to speak english, in the 4th grade I got the grasp of it, then I got a computer and became very good at it and in the 5th grade I was already good enough at it to shit on the teacher and get good grades in it.
I became better at english the more time I spent on the computer.