Suwalki Gap

If war really does kick off, you can expect it to start here. The Suwalki Gap, named after the adjacent Polish city, is a thin stretch of Polish-Lithuanian border that separates Russian East Prussia and Belarus, which is de facto a puppet state of the Russian Federation.

It is a natural pincer between the Russian exclave and it's forces in Belarus, and for the West, cutting it off means losing the Baltic states. This means that it is the most strategically valuable piece of land, should NATO and Russia take up arms against each other.

I haven't seen this brought up at all here, so I thought I'd add it to the Holla Forums vocabulary. If there are any Polish brothers here living in Suwalki, be safe out there.

Other urls found in this thread:

globalsecurity.
archive.is/J2kKJ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

globalsecurity. org/military/world/europe/suwalki-gap.htm

archive.is/J2kKJ

Sorry, guys, forgot the link. You can read additional info here.

Interesting but I expect Russia to do some very unexpected moves instead, distracting and messing with all previously established plans.

I'm thinking of Calais (Suwalki) and Normandy (Air? Underground? Significant infiltration in Europe proper going live?

Kohl needs to fucking hang

Preussen liebt fur immer

Underground? Any tunnel complex large enough to transport armour any significant distance into European territory would be guaranteed to be detected before completion.

That's not even what makes me butthurt, it's that the Russians literally offered to sell Königsberg, and Kohl rejected it.

They tried to give it back, but the Germans refused

What's the polish military disposition near there?
I'm not sure it really matters, since according to NATO, they wouldn't defend the baltic states or poland in event of war

IIRC, it's expected the Balts would capitulate in 2 hours or less, and the Poles would capitulate in 24 hours

Don't know how many divisions are in the area, but Polish officials have expressed that they understand the significance of the region.

If war broke out, I would expect NATO to abandon Eastern Europe, regroup in Germany, and counter-attack.

I feel for our Landser who got sent to the Baltics as a political statement and will be abandoned and slaughtered in the event of war.
Shit, I know some guys who went.

I feel bad for the Poles and Balts in the event a war actually broke out

Both the USSR's and America's strategies for Europe in the event of a hot war were just walls of tactical sized nukes.

Global politics at a certain level becomes a zero sum game. Stop being a cuck tbh

Neither side is autistic enough to push the button. The only reason nukes exist in the modern era is insurance against other countries' nukes.

Using strategic nukes is guaranteed mutual annihilation and using tactical nukes is like screaming that you want to be the victim of a first strike.

No one is going to push the button, until someone does. Then everyone does. Humans aren't rational actors.

This is why any assurances from NATO are taken with very heavy grains of salt around here. By anyone except the governments, of course. Those champion signing off our sovereignity to EU and NATO completely because it means less money has to be "wasted" on defense. Our militaries are in dire need of expansion and reform.

Can't feel bad for the Poles, they fell for the exact same shit before WW2

Well, I don't know what RU policy on Nuclear launches are, but U.S. systems han only be launched when either the launch technician and commanding officer of the facility/submarine turn their keys at the same time, or if the President uses the nuclear launch codes. So nobody can just "push the button" on the U.S. side. It would have to be a chain of command decision to end the human race.

It's the pollacks own fault, by trusting Anglo promises of protection they felt assured in their military dominance and begun their slaughter of ethnic Germans in Pooland.
Can't say I feel bad about what they endured.

Yeah, I agree. My sole greatest remorse about the way the World Wars ended is the slaughter/expulsion of Germans from their lands outside of the new borders. Especially Prussians.

Hey, 21 posts before we attracted a shill! That's pretty good, these days.

>>>/cuckchan/

Are you implying that Kaliningrad could become new Danzig?

Russia is quite open about being ready to use nukes first. That's probably what stopped the Saudis and Turks invading Syria back in February/March this year.

Russian policy is that if they are about to be overrun by conventional armies, they will use nuclear force.

Otherwise, they have a no first use policy.

That's an american press. In reality Putin said that nukes hopefully won't be necessary.

Know what the Chinese would do if the US declared war on them? They would surrender immediately and the US would have to face the headache of being in charge of 1 billion people without a functional government.

Maybe science and good governance would be a better pursuit

What if Holla Forums bought Kalinigrad from Russia and we made our own white ethnostate in Europe?

The international community would immediately sanction all imports of hotpockets, tendies, nintendo 64s and katanas. It would be an inferno.

I distinctly recall statements by the Russian military and SAA that if the Russian troops in Syria were threatened with destruction, they wouldn't hesitate to use tactical nukes.