This is objectively the greatest animated cinema ever made. Prove me wrong

This is objectively the greatest animated cinema ever made. Prove me wrong.

What is it?

Film adaptation of Marlowe's Dr Faustus that mixes live action, puppets, and stop motion animation. It`s really poetic and surreal, like the literature it was based on.

Got a link?

Is this the one with the endlessly repeating bit with the jester puppet? I watched it one time when I was sick with the flu and thought it was a feverdream until I found the youtube clip. It's trippy as fuck.

Why would I shatter your carefully crafted delusions if they make you happy and aren't hurting anybody?

Can this be a general Svankmajer thread? The man makes cool stuff.

Sure, post more.

I got the torrent magnet.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:187D3093AE617577A2C2EF2226042243BF5786C8&dn=Faust%20%281994%29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.istole.it%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker-ccc.de%3a6969&tr=%2audp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337

This type of thing i was expecting to see on Holla Forums not here. Still looks good and i shall check it out.

Nice

>>>Holla Forums

That scene was actually funny and stayed true to the source material. The movie isn't trippy, it's just very cartoonish, yet not light hearted at all.

Yeah your right it works well.

what in the world

That's actually horrifying.

Watch it while under the influence of a fever and then you'll see what I mean. The bit where they keep repeating the same scene over and over nearly made me call an ambulance. I thought I was dying.

Also? Don't watch Saw when you have a fever. Or Reservoir Dogs. I don't know why shows with disturbing scenes (that I've meant to watch but never have) always seem to come on when I'm sick.

His Alice is still best.
Miles ahead of all the other versions, Burton, Disney or whatever.

did they ever make a japanimation as good as this one or is it still the best

I actually liked that this ended halfway to the manga, it was really unnecessary.

Never heard of it.

Go ask the anime board.

Ghost In The Shell, Royal Space Force, Sword Of The Stranger, all of Miyazaki's stuff, all were pretty good. You know, skill plus budget.

Hey Holla Forums

bump