Anyoen else here using this frech fuck email service been having issues...

Anyoen else here using this frech fuck email service been having issues? I know that they've been doing maintenence the last couple days (that took way too damn long), but even now that it's supposedly finished I can't even log in. Just out of curiousity I tried making a new account with all the same info and apparently fucking UNDERSCORES are not allowed in your username, and thus I can't even login! How do you fuck up this bad? They've also fucked up their website so you can't even contact them in any way and tell them how retarded they are.

Other urls found in this thread:

scryptmaildniwm6.onion/
8ch.net/tech/email.html
sealedabstract.com/code/nsa-proof-your-e-mail-in-2-hours/
lumail.lu/pricing/
zoho.eu/mail/
mail.yandex.com/
mailinabox.email/
lavabit.com/settings.html
openmailbox.org/an-update-on-imap
lowendbox.com/
cock.li/
teknik.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wasn't able to change my password for like a month or more so I moved on to protonmail it's ok

Yeah, Ive been thinking of switching but for all the hassle it would take to move all my accounts to new email addressses. I'll give them a couple days to resovle this colossal fuckup. Which is less likely to be a honeypot, Protonmail or Lavabit? PM is free for basic shit, but I dont care since I dont need my shit encrypted for me. I refuse to use something hosted in Germany for obvious reasons.

it's true, it's a disaster. i used OPMBX for a few years now, had never seen anything this bad before

They changed the service so that free accounts are limited to this shitty webmail and external imap/smtp access is 50€ a year

imo I don't care if the admin tooks his time to make everything work.
I'm patient and y needs aren't enough to ask to paid for a services, even tho I would contribute to openmailbox if I financially could

Get a cheap 5$ vps and host your own email.

This is an all new level of jew, what in the fuck is this? Can't handle a goddamn underscore in a name but you want to charge money for basic protocol access? I never should have trusted the french.

I'm not even upset about having to pay, I'd rather have them put up a price tag instead of the constant e-begging where you never know how much your contribution is worth. And as the old saying goes, if you don't pay then you are the product.

However, I don't care about custom domains and I don't need half a terabyte for my fucking emails, the entire hard drive of my computer is just 500GB. All I want is being able to use an external email application. I'm going to send them an email and suggest a "budget" plan where you get POP3/IMAP/SMPT for like 2$/month. I doubt they will implement it, but at least I have given it a try.

That would be plan B, but then you have to take up extra maintenance burden and you have to change your email address at any place you signed up for, and you have to make sure everyone who ever got your email address knows about the change as well.

Well shit, you need a credit card to get any of the plans, so now even a budget plan would be useless for me. Why can't we have nice things, Holla Forums?

And their contact form doesn't work. OK, now I'm starting to lose my patience.

Lavabit or course.
Protonmail have an onion site, but you can't sign up through that and it requires reCAPTCHA... duh

Both use open-source e-mail server.

Scryptmail is good too if you don't need attachments (attachments are replaced with a "download from scryptmail" link) scryptmaildniwm6.onion/

Well, I'm right on the edge of signing up for lavabit tbh, but it seems like the only way to pay is via card, therefore needing all your info. I guess I really dont mind, email (and communicating in general) is such a pain in the ass these days and 30 bux a year is totally reasonable for some peace of mind.

They are laughably incompetent.
I'm glad that even if I wanted to use it, I simply couldn't. 8ch.net/tech/email.html seriously needs to be updated.

Some say that ProtonMail is just a meme with stuff like the captcha and js and the whole "le hidden bunker" just sounds goofy, but still it seems to be a better choice.

Tutanota is shit, you can't view it in Thunderbird because of their retarded snowflake encryption, but at least it's a good backup address.
cock.li is the true anonmail, but the raids and confiscations gave it a bad name for a good reason and vc is an autist.

This is the best choice, but it's not always realistic for everybody. Is this guide [ sealedabstract.com/code/nsa-proof-your-e-mail-in-2-hours/ ] still relevant?

I was just going to make a new thread on this

Fucking openmailbox goes full shill. Are there any free IMAP providers left short of the Google botnet?

Openmailbox was always a shitty provider, no support, no outage information, rarely allows opening of new accounts etc, but it ran on donations so it was acceptable.

I love how there was no announcement about this prior to them coming up with this shill scheme, french faggots.

It seems like there's no alternative but to buy a domain name and pop a vps.

I can't even login to get my email now with their shitty bloated webmail webapp cancer.

Welcome to the new openmailbox, pic related

also pic related

I also love this blatant shill. Everyone knows the "Best Seller" thing is obvious goy harvesting, but seriously? You couldn't wait until it's been up longer than 5 minutes to put the "Best Seller" thing on there?

I'd zero people have bought it so far. I'd be amazed of openmailbox is even up a year from now.

I have been using them for years. Now I know why I can't access my email and ownCloud is gone as well.

hijo de puta

owncloud costs money now goy.

I never used it, but for anyone who did, I wonder if they even have that data anymore, for anyone that's stupid enough to pay to get it back.

I learned this the hard way with OVH. Never trust a fucking frog.

I had all my contacts synced with davdroid on owncloud and roundcube was fine.
Being unable to use IMAP/SMTP, CardDAV, and being forced to use babby's first nodejs webmail client is a serious killer for me. It doesn't even work properly!
I should've never trusted a (now) 19 y/o frenchfag with my email.

Now I'm losing my fucking patience. First the service shuts down with no prior notification, then they are down for days, and now that the site is up it's a gamble whether I can log in and I cannot send any email. And they have the audacity to charge money for that?

What are some Holla Forums-approved alternatives? I need something I can use semi-professionally, so any shitposting services are not adequate. I don't even mind paying a bit for the service if it works, but it cannot rely on credit card since I don't have one. Does ProtonMail offer POP/IMAP/SMTP/whatever with their free plan?

Yeah, they could have called it "best value" or something like that. It's insulting to my intelligence when they label something that has been on sale for just a few hours as "best seller", how stupid do they think I am?

lumail.lu/pricing/

protonmail doesn't support pop/imap/smtp because they use top secret javascript to encrypt all of your secretz

this shit is terrible, there's no alternative i know of at the moment that does imap for free except for google.

I don't even need some super user secret mail thing, i need this shit for regular non user bank shit, things were there's no need for anonymity because my name is all over it anyway, but seriously fuck google

zoho.eu/mail/

I'll check it out thanks, it's atleast a good stop-gap for the moment.

I'm not even getting emails in on openmailbox now, when I can finally login to their shitty webapp

Isn't it only their paid accounts that use their shitty encryption? Or will they not let you use IMAP anyway?

apparently they just flat out don't support it period. they want you to use their apps for android/iphone, and the browser for email

There's startmail. Costs about the same as opmbx and they have some (optional) PGP thing where they can't read your mail even if they wanted (encryption/decryption is done in browser afaik). Seems pretty trustworthy to me.

OpenMailBox user for 2 years now. I'm getting tired of it, any decent free open source email provider out there, preferably ran by an American company? I know there's Tutanota, but I've never used it.

Preferably NOT ran by an American company, I mean.

what difference does "opensource" make with an email provider? it's impossible to verify and if they wanted to datamine they could do it on "open source" software just as easily

what a fucking joke. that shit should have been deprecated at least 20 years ago

Peace of mind, I guess. Same way using a pre compiled version of any open source program could be botnet, but I prefer it anyway.

considering how pozzed europe is now i wonder if an email provider outside of the US is even preferable anymore. which reminds me, i tested it 6 months ago.

mail.yandex.com/

Trust your email with mother russia. When I tested it 6 months ago though, they claimed the email was hacked 2 weeks in and then required a phone sms verification.

Considering the lack of options I wonder if it's worth it to try to launch something similar to openmailbox, run on donations. Obviously they weren't bringing in cash or they just got greedy, so it might be hard to keep the servers running off straight donations.

forgot to say they do imap/pop/smtp

I'd say that depends a lot from country to country and from company to company. I could recommend local email provider but the language would probably be a barrier.

just host your own email

hosting the email and setting up the vps is easier than thinking of a decent and cheap domain name

Posteo would be a good alternative if the krauts didn't want to keep your bank account info for a decade. I switched to Protonmail for the time being, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that hosting your own is the way forward.

mailinabox.email/

mail in a box seems to be a pretty good way to bring email up asap with no fuss. requires a fresh server to start with though, pretty much automates the entire installation and configuration

I thought about using startmail, but 60$ makes me very hesitant

guerrillamail is the only provider i've used for the last 5 years

its blacklisted by many sites from my experience

Use auti.st or .tk mailias

You shouldn't be using anything that claims server side security, cock.li said it best, assume it's all plaintext.

Use PGP on your client side and a provider that allows PGP.

If you had a Lavabit account before the shutdown, you can login and use it via IMAP or POP3 lavabit.com/settings.html
Don't see any option to change password though.

This is incorrect. IMAP and SMTP remain gratis. To use IMAP and SMTP, you'll need to log in to your account through the web interface and then generate an "access code" to be used as the password for your email client program.

Wrong. They were somehow surprised that people are mad that they're greedy fucks, and "to remedy their mistakes" they just gave old users one month of pro account. Which is absolutely no change from the current course, they're just trying to hook people into paying, only now they're trying to paint it as if they were trying to "address people's concerns".

Also they were claiming that imap is very demanding (as opposed to webmail, presumably). How much truth is in that? I thought imap just downloads headers and shouldn't really be significantly more demanding.

openmailbox.org/an-update-on-imap

This is about as scummy as it gets, I feel bad for ever recommending them to others.

Great, that's one month to set up my own mailserver and transfer accounts.

Any know of a safe and cheap VPS to use?

Yes, a true blackpill.

I made backups then deleted all emails and files. I could not find the button to complain and remove account though. The new interface is terrible as well.

When it will be available for signing up again?

Yeah, at this point, I might as well recommend airmail.cc - or google if the person is willing to take google's rainbow cock up their ass in exchange for more reliability. I'd say seznam.cz is actually the most trustworthy provider I know, but they're not international.

Fuck these french kikes, they forever destroyed their credibility. Openmailbox used to have a forum, what ever happened to that? Nuked of course.

I usually check out
lowendbox.com/
I've got some pretty sweet deals in the past and the site along with the associated forum have been around for ever, it's pretty trustworthy.

They've never had an option to remove accounts, this is why. Now they can claim to their investors, if they have any, that they have and maintain over 9 billion accounts.

You can remove your account, pic related.

literally why would you use this bullshit when cock.li exists. this, protonmail and these other post-snowden memes are all cancer. i tried them all and they're literally garbage. the only difference between then and your last 200 post-2005 email services is that they claim not to datamine you, and throw around buzzwords like "open"

to add on that, you need a cellphone or non blacklisted IP address (so, your IP address) to register to protonmail. all these other new services have similar bullshit and are full of (((UX))) enhancements

Erm I make fake accounts on protonmail via vpn's just fine. Your doing it wrong? The only quip I have with them is they use a google capcha to make sure your real when you sign up if you don't give them a non protonmail email or a phone number. Which is fine if your behind that working vpn.

you just got lucky. almost every time i tried to sign up there it required a cellphone/donation, and once in a while there was an option to enter an existing email address to send a validation code.

cock.li/

Posteo.de if you don't mind German government reading your email.

German gov = kikes. Just swapping the middle man at that point.

I use teknik.io/
It was made by /g/ a long time ago too.

Pretty much. Germany is still occupied by Israel's favorite puppet and every new chancellor has to agree with the secret deals. German media for instance will be in their hands until 2099, if Germany lasts that long.
And Germany is part of the 5 so the CIA gets your data too.

So is protonmail any good for average day-to-day tier shit? If not, then what other options do I have that don't include stupid names like cock.li in the address?