Who decided for the world's lingua franca to be English, a language that a population already speaks...

Who decided for the world's lingua franca to be English, a language that a population already speaks, which would naturally lead to non-native speakers feeling animosity towards the native speakers, as opposed to Latin, a language that nobody would otherwise use and from which all relevant languages are derived?

The largest empire in world history, Britain, and the most powerful superpower on the planet, America, both speak English. It's just how it fucking is m8.

Nobody decided. It just worked out that way cause English everywhere.

Also how come the only pictures I can find of Romans are a bunch of brits larping or doodles found in history books for children?

But Romans were widely famous for their accurate depictions of people via statues

Regardless, here are paintings of Roman sexy time

This is going to be fun

Congratulations?

Which country are you from? In America we learned how brilliant FDR was and how Stalin wasn't so bad because he did a bunch of the same things as FDR.

It's because the cameras back then sucked and internet didn't always work.

I didn't get the same nu-education as you did user, regardless, WWII isn't the entirety of high School history you know? I mean, maybe it was for you but still.

No, it's not just WWII, it's also how the evil white people invaded the territory of the evil native americans and killed them off with their evil whiteness. I'm not quite sure why I bothered attending school in the first place. Probably because I was mandated to do so by the same freaks who write these curricula. But tell me, user, in what period of history did you learn from a (US?) high school that see-zer isn't how you pronounce the Roman emperor's name?

I mean yeah, they tried. It really depends on your teacher and how it's taught really though. The curriculum tries to force the whites=devil down your throats but some teachers really don't want to shove it down.

For example, in school we were learning about the history of the Jews and one of the us asked the teacher why the Jews have always been so hated throughout history. The teacher just kind of shrugged and said "It's complicated…" and left it at that. nothing about racism or intolerance or any of that.

Latin was the lingua franca of western Europe for a long time. But the western Roman Empire disintegrated, and after the Protestant Reformation,, the power of the Catholic Church declined, too. Latin declined along with them. Later, France was a superpower (for the time, anyway), and French was the language of diplomacy and culture. Then the Brits and the Spanish built world-spanning empires, which is why English and Spanish are so widely spread.

As for "who decided", Europeans decided. They decided to engage in two incredibly self-destructive wars in 30 years that devastated their economies and empires and paved the way for America to become one of the world's two superpowers, and, after the collapse of the USSR, it's only superpower. With advent of the American Century came the dominance of English.

The Roman Empire in the west never really "died" though. It didn't even really decline. Its power structure just shifted. the Holy Roman Empire for example still referred to themselves as Roman and Latin was still their official tongue. The problem was that Germanic and Celtic speakers over time found themselves in more and more seats of power. Not to mention Northern Europe had always been speakers of Germanic tongues and so even at the height of the Roman Empire in these regions typically only the patrician classes spoke proper Latin. The patrician classes eventually became the Clerics who used Latin for religious purposes while commoners used Germanic. Even still Latin was seen as a language of trade within Europe as late at the Age of Exploration.

and the Carolingian Empire before them

I'm aware of the HRE, and you'll notice I didn't say that the western Roman Empire died. I said "disintegrated", which it did.

Get fucked shitskin

The 'white guilt' history curriculum has been pushed for the last couple of decades, eliminating all real history.
They brainwash with:
1. slavery - WHITE EVIL EVIL WHITE KILL WHITEY
2. holocaust - GERMANS WHITE EVIL EVIL KILL WHITEY
3. red indians - WHITE EVIL KILL WHITEY
That's it.
The american system was then forced onto England, where it made even less sense.
Before that, the romans, greeks, founders of civilisation, and the major events in the last few thousand years were taught, to know where we came from.

Have a look around for old history books, pre-political correctness, or old encyclopedias, pre-1960s.
There might be some stuff on /pdf/ or /pdfs/, if not, have a look around online or in second hand book shops.
You'll find real history a lot more interesting and you'll learn a lot about life in general from it.

The British, when they formed the largest empire known to man, as well as the current global power having English as their de facto official language.

The international language wasn't always english, before it was french. It depends on who has the biggest dick at the time. If the chinks manage to beat the US we'll probably see esperanto instead of mandarin though since fuck learning that retarded language. As for animosity I've never seen it, and I'm not a native speaker.

No, it's because of the US. English only became lingua franca when Europe fell, before then french was it and german too for science (but not diplomacy), and unlike today you couldn't expect "everyone" to know it.

Don't forget the
LETTER DAY KUHSHAYY

The Romans fell into degeneracy too. It was when they started giving women equal rights

It was me and I'm not sorry.

It's because it's the most information dense language to speak therefore all the other languages are for plebs.

The world's lingua franca was decided by, well, the world after world war II when Burgerland's prosperity and media reach boomed and vaulted us past everyone else in importance the world over. There were other factors as well that ensured that in spite of many Frenchies efforts, the French language didn't excel.

Y-you're not a frog are you, OP?

oh you know, the victors.

you're better than this

based

Plebeian pls. It was the luxurious, hand-crafted bedclothes that did. Plus the ebil Whitey Mind Powers

They didn't falls as far as we did.

We can make Rome great again.