I've decided to live in the outdoors

I've decided to live in the outdoors
My landlord will not be renewing my lease in 30 days. Instead of finding a new place to live, I will be moving outdoors at the edge of town.
Thread 1: archive.fo/kUjIH

Yesterday morning I went out to location my camp site. At Site A, I found evidence of homeless activity. Site B was on private property.

I found spot overlooking site A up the side of a hill. Measured around 10ft long and 7ft wide. It's 50 to 70 feet off a a trail.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/kUjIH
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks arid. Unless there's a spring nearby, I guess you'll be packing a lot of water in.

Be sure to meditate twice a day.

Test

Too close to town, OP.
Look at the pic, you have people walking down a trail that comes within yards of your spot. You are visible with cheap binocs from any house in the valley!
You need to get on the other side of that hill at least, and pick a location that is not within a half mile of any walking trail. Otherwise you can forget about site security and remaining undisturbed by authorities.

Private land might actually be a better option, tbh. If it is a large property, well fenced, and not used for anything by the owners, it could be ideal for your purposes. Just rig a small section of fence to be hooked and unhooked, cover your path in and out so as not to wear a trail, and you are golden.

I have access to water 30 min hike downhill.

I'm going to buy camo netting to cover this window. I plan on only moving in and out of camp at dusk and dawn for limited visibility.

I will hike further back later in the week and see what i find. Attached is showing whats behind my camp site. Distance from camp site to trail is 170 feet.

It's unlikely that the townsfolk will be glassing the hillsides. If OP chooses his gear carefully, he'll probably be able to hide reasonably well.

If he wants a trespassing charge.

So, yes, you'll be packing a lot of water in. Unless you're going to make a 1hr round trip walk every time you need a drink of water, or to wash your hands, or brush your teeth, etc.

You in So-Cal OP, or in between LA and Paso Robles? Because If so i know some awesome spots to live outdoors.

Gear can be found in thread one at archive.fo/kUjIH

I don't want trespassing which is a crime, I'd rather take the illegal camping infraction.

Or you can say that your hunting on public land… Just get a hunting license and make sure your camp is clean and small.

You're an adult. Act like it and find a normal place to live. Otherwise, you're going to be on the slippery slope of homelessness.

Sincerely,
Your dad

Finally something cool on this board. Good luck OP. I will learn from you in case I have to do this, or choose to for fun

Be careful, user of aircraft surveying that area. Every motherfucker and his brother has a drone now, too.

This is a good idea also.

Canadian here. Man, I wish it wasnt COLD AS A JEWS CUNT for 5 months of the year here, or Id try that too.You are lucky, do it.

fellow leaf here. camping on crown land is frowned upon without a permit. but you can camp anywhere on crown land and if asked to vacate all you have to do is move 50-100m (meters) away from the original campsite.

camping in the half a year winters we get is a terrible idea imho famalam

Hey, leaf, amerifat here. How hard would it be to illegally immigrate there and get a job?

Do you have brown skin? Have you chopped off anyone's head recently? If so then quite easy.

If you're a leaf too can I get a real answer?

What are your preparations for snakes, dogs and other scavengers?

burger here - i dont have all the answers but heres my story;
after college, many years ago, I sorta went nuts. I bought a 26 ft travel trailer, hooked it up to my truck and started driving… i eventually ended up in vancouver, and decided i liked it - getting across the boarder was easy, i didnt even have to show them my passport, but when i began looking for work it was quickly determined that i did not have the legal right to work in canada and i needed LOTS of paperwork from the the canadian consolate back in america…
tl,dr;
super easy to get into canada, but not so easy to live your life there

It's called "being homeless"

I don't have a burger passport and obviously don't qualify for refugee status. I also probably wouldn't qualify for a legal visa even if I had a passport. So the question becomes: How easy is it now to get a job there if you're illegal, white, and speak English? And how easy to get an apartment and so forth without documentation? And what happens if you get caught?

Where's your med kit, sewing kit and paracord?

Squatting in abandoned houses is easy in my locale.
I would probably be a townie kind of drifter.
Maybe save enough coin for a storage unit with automated payments to secure essential gear.
That way I can camp rough when it suits me and squat in a few buildings.
I'd also hide little twin mattresses in squat spots.

It's actually easier to work illegally if you speak Spanish.
That way you can ask the illegals how they do it.

Also I might carry a little heroin for bartering or pay off in the event a junkie shows up.

live in your car (if you have one) or a fucking hotel or ymca. being actual street homeless is really shit and should be avoided unless you can avoid it. couch surf,fuck for rent.

it gets hot and cold as balls most everywhere in ways that can kill you in a fucking snap. frostbite will fuck you up for life. no hands no real job prospects. if you cannot type on a keyboard or drive a car you are fucked pretty much in this life same with your legs. im not saying people don't try but it is stupid hard.

1.learn how to make a fucking fire now and get or make a stove.

2. get a fucking water source and food that will preserve itself cans,mres,ramen. you are living around animals and dust that shit needs to be sealed. big bottles of water or know where a tap is.

3. try to wash now and then.

4. police will harass you for being a bum,that's life sadly.

5. take the easy route out of the forest and poverty, don't pretend you are going /out/ you are doing this because you have to faggot.

Depending on what state you're in, you need to be careful on private property. Some gun nuts will cream themselves if they're legally allowed to shoot another human.

Brilliant. That way, instead of just getting harassed by the cops for vagrancy, you can get arrested for possession of a controlled substance.

How long are you planning to be homeless? Are you going to try to find a job soon after you get set up or are you just gonna live out there forever?

Details? Being depressed as well can make it hard to even think through simple ideas.