Tired Blogpost

My dad has some severe diabeetus, and occasionally has these seizure-inducing insulin reactions which render him completely incoherent and demented. They used to be fairly rare, but have been becoming more and more frequent (don't know why). I have to pin him down in his bed like a kicking, screaming child and force feed him honey or orange juice to bring his blood-sugar levels under control. He often usually reacts very violently to my attempts to restrain him, and he outweighs me by at least 80lbs, so this is typically very painful experience for me. It doesn't help that he sleeps in the nude and sweats profusely as a symptom of the reaction, it's very awkward. Always calling me "Susan"; my mum's name, for some reason.

It was a bit too much for me tonight, I'm all bruised up as a result, so I sent him off in an ambulance.

Goodnight, Holla Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1286017/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3280936
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.572.8918&rep=rep1&type=pdf
nature.com/articles/ncomms9372
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4587882/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nighty night little bitch

That sucks, Its good that you are taking care of him but it might be time for him to go to a nursing home if its getting to be too much.. Goodnight user.

ARe you RIPing?

Guy with 'beetus here

You sure your dad isn't just mentally retarded? Its pretty easy to gauge how much insulin you need if you check your fucking blood sugar

Hell, I literally have not checked mine in 3 years and have never had hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia. I don't recommend you doing this unless you really fucking know what you're doing though. You need to pay close attention to how you feel. I used to guess what my blood sugar was before testing based on how I felt and always was able to get within 10 mg/dl of accuracy. Now I don't even have insurance to cover supplies. I just buy type R insulin and needles from Walmart once a month lmao

Why can't it be both? It's a degenerative disease. If one lets it progress far enough, shit is out of control, feet start rotting off, and the brain turns to slush too. Diabetes is frequently curable, but everyone gets the wrong advice, so it gets worse for nearly everyone who has it. In fact, diabetics are told to do things that progress their disease by both doctors and society in general. A stubborn independence rarely meets a strong desire to investigate.

Why did you choose that picture? I thought this was going to turn into some weird thread where you're like "this time when he was passed out I sucked him off" or something weird, cause you chose a lewd picture.

It's the usual, nobody wants to put in the work. If everyone could be thin and healthy, we wouldn't have fat people around. You get given a prescription for metformin and the doctor SHOULD tell you to lose some weight. Most people don't, they just keep taking metformin and pretend it's not an issue and allow themselves to deteriorate.

I keked, thanks for that user

user, as noble as it is to take care of your parents, some of the other anons here have a point. You might want to get some help, especially if you keep getting bruised up. God bless.

Health isn't a function of masochism.

fucking hot OP

I'm not really sure what this is supposed to mean.

The same thing happened to my dad recently. He took insulin after eating and he seemed fine. 20 mins later mom gets me and says he's not making any sense and she doesn't know what's wrong(The same thing that happened to you, stupid bitch). We tried to get him to eat a glucose tablet but he was too messed up by that point. Thankfully he didn't get violent when I was trying to keep him from walking, but the paramedic said she's seen diabetics so out of it they try to go for their gun. Scary shit.

Don't feel bad for doing what you did. If you don't look out for your own health, you're making the same mistake he did. You're not a bad son for taking the time for some selfcare.

This. My mom thought as long as she took it she could drink 3-4 iced coffees a day. Now she's insulin dependant and has higher blood sugar on average than my had who's had two fucking amputations.

You sick fucker

Till the cops came

Type 2 is. Type 1 is not. But according to OP his dad is 800 lbs and so is likely the former. In which case yes, he is retarded

And the issue isn't doctors encouraging the progression of the disease, in the case of type 1, its the fact Big Pharma has everyone by the balls and no progress is being made to actually find a fucking cure because once diabetes os cured it means no more billion dollar supply industry

Fuck this entire gay ass Earth

Only because little secrets are secrets.

The issue is an over-active immune system. Sure, you CAN just inject a pancreas with more beta cells, but the immune system will just kill them all off as soon as they're there. That's why its so tricky. Generally speaking its not a good idea to fuck the immune system up. A cure is likely already known by someone but again, billion dollar supply industries keep people hush about it.

Also notice most diabetes charities don't actually research cures, in the fine primt most of them research "treatments" aka "how do we scam the sick goyim out of buying more supplies from us?"

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1286017/
The facts are just lying around. All you have to do is pick them up.

That's treatment appears to only be beneficial for patients that still retain some level of beta cell function (so-called "honeymoon period") I'm afraid its too late for me. Unless they can somehow apply that with something that can restore beta cell function but I'm just talking out my ass now. We always see shit like this come and go. Again, the cure is probably right in front of our faces, but Big Pharma don't want to market a cure, so any research teams that DO find a cure are unlikely to receive serious funding as a result. Its just the world we live in.

I wouldn't be so confident in that idea, but I'm neither insisting that the treatment was a complete solution nor that it would help every diabetic. I've been walking in the woods, and I didn't need to start a campfire once. But there was plenty of kindling lying around.

If you insist on staying out of the woods, you'll never collect firewood in time.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3280936

citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.572.8918&rep=rep1&type=pdf
nature.com/articles/ncomms9372

Now if only you knew what damages beta cells.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4587882/

Blog posts are based

based on what?

He's not that old, only in his late fifties.

He's been a diabetic his entire adult life, mostly without any issues. I doubt he's just suddenly forgotten how to take his fucking insulin. These hypoglycemic reactions are a fairly recent phenomenon, only occurring in the past five years or so, getting more and more frequent and severe with age. I nag him to check his blood sugar every night before bedtime, and to better manage when and what he eats, but it keeps happening anyway. I don't know what's to be done, tbh. He's been taking some new medication (not sure what), but last nights' reaction was one of the worst I've seen yet, so I don't think it'll be helping a great deal.

Sorry to disappoint, user. Maybe I should also get naked next time and see if I have a GT for you, yes?

I have no one.

Useless paramedics keep telling me I just need to feed him juice, like it's so simple. The guy's, like, 6'5, 280lbs. How in the fuck am I supposed to force feed him juice when he's doing everything within his might to fight me off, like he thinks I'm trying to rape his ass. I'm like two thirds his height and weight. Fucking retards.

i am always watching you.

Sneak in high dose (1.5 grams+ per day) vitamin B3 in the niacinamide/nicotinamide form (not niacin or nicotinic acid) with orange juice just for the hell of it. It may or may not help, but it's so ridiculously safe.

You can even administer it transdermally with ethanol if he won't eat it.

you fat fucking American pigs and your goddamn beetus. Do the world a favor and vote Dump in another 4 years so he can provoke Fatboy Kim into nuking your shitsoaked cuntry into space. You mutts are the worst of humanity.

Amerimutts did nothing wrong tbh

Glad I have a stable family with married parents who rarely fight, are in good health, and paid for my college.

Only if it's Type 2, the kind old people get from overeating.

If it's Type 1, the kind children get from autoimmune malfunctions, there is no cure and their lives are pretty much ruined.

There's also a 3rd type that women sometimes get during pregnancy.

Gave me a good chuckle in an otherwise serious thread