YouTube E-celebs are desperately damage controlling for marvel comics

The last time I seen this much panicked damage control was when gamergate started.
Is a comicgate about to happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/32609-best-shots-reviews-champions-4-captain-america-sam-wilson-17.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have no intention on clicking that.
Can you give me a run down?

TL;DR of the video please

I'll pass.

>Tries to delicately explain to his 1.1 million that is far too fucking large of an audience for this level of faggot cuckstine viewership that perhaps if your business model rests almost entirely on people feeling invested in decades old characters, maybe you shouldn't replace all those characters?
New heroes who have all taken up a mantle that only serves to degrade them as diversity versions.

He's a cuck who will never break the conditioning but at least (according to you, I didn't watch the video) he isn't blaming fans for not liking the shitty characters.

Sounds like he's at least realised that Marvel has worked hard to drive off even the most diehard rusted-on fans, but is having to make mental contortions to justify how they've shat everything up with shallow stunts to attract new ones at the expense of the old.

Webm?

Since im on mobile I cant do it myself but I'll leave you with a guide of how to convert it OP.

So this is the video ComicsExplained was talking about.

My thing is this, what Marvel is doing is the equivalent of WWE forcing people to like Roman Reigns.

No matter how bad you wanna jam it in people's throats, the gag reflex will force it back out.

And it's no surprise that Marvel's sales have gone down the shitter. Plebs IRL don't wanna fuck with Marvel anymore, old school Marvel fans don't fuck with Marvel no more, and the only Marvel they get is anything that is not related to ANAD Marvel.

Case in point, Captain Falcon's latest issue. It got a 4/10 at Newsarama. newsarama.com/32609-best-shots-reviews-champions-4-captain-america-sam-wilson-17.html

So just more Marxists eating each other alive? Alright.

Kill yourself SWC.

His entire viewerbase is curious normalfags who want to know about comics, but don't want to read comics. So they make these shortform videos where they just infodump and explain in normalfag terms the history and powers of a character or the specifics of an event, so normalfags can pretend they know as much as fans who actually buy and read these books.

Wouldn't suggest buying or reading anything the big two are putting out, but there you go: They are cliffnotes for wanna-be hipster nerds.

How soon before Marvel crumbles? Or will Disney and the MCU movies keep them afloat forever?

Thats your problem

Like gamergate? Lol no. Come on we all familiar with fellow comic book fags. The dudes we like to talk shit and argue about comics with in back tables of tabletop groups. Absolute betas. Even 3/10 grills are considered a waifu in these reaches and they don't have the balls to dare disagree with the ugly entitled cunt ruling her beta males group. Gamers aren't the same cloth even if there are overlaps. The problem solving, competitive, fast paced, tight knit, offense loving, testosterone culture of gamers made it able to be unrelenting and crush larger enemies. They absolutely never gave a fuck and want to win all the fucking time. Sjw never realized what they were dealing with.

No user, the comic revolt is more akin to MGTOW movement. A passive disengagement of finances, time, and attention to the utter abuse. A "fuck this bullshit, they ruined my hero/heroine" has been happening over time but now the quality has gotten so shit and obvious that even the retarded comic book geek that was always retarded and wrong and hung around your group anyway is saying "wtf mang?" Maybe because cool comic book fans aren't hanging around anymore like they used to. This is a long time coming and probably the final end to comics by the main cape publishers. The normies will eventually tire of capes, and comic book fans will create their own new characters and stories less pozzed and old untouchable faves. But they won't be back; the base of dedicated fans are no longer there.

Comicgate would be useless, just like gamergate. Just let it die.

He says that he likes diversity because it brings new things in the storyline, and new public.
He also says that Marvel is getting too crazy with it and that makes the classic fans are leaving.
He also says that the introduction of some of the new characters is flawed and forced and put Riri as an example, she got there just like that to replace a classic character.
And he is not an "e-celebs" at all. Just a blogger with some suscribers.

There's a reason Marvel Studios became a direct part of Disney rather than Marvel

Since OP is a faggot, here you go.
Freshly made Webbum, now mods plz delete the embed.

Nice

Gotta make the dough

Gamergate was effective until not your shield happened. Than gamergate went full SJW retard and thought they could win a PR campaign against mainstream media.

Though that was Reddit and Twitter and has around 20,000 still signed in, Holla Forums's portion remained mostly intact besides the whole revolt shit but they fucked off somewhere else and died besides some autistic goons that still have a grudge on a couple. It even funnier because many media outlets began to compare Gamergate to Trump again.

We need a scandal to cause something like gamergate.
There's no doubt that people in the comics industry are into shady shit as that's just the nature of the beast (sjwism, "progressives," et al). It's just a matter of waiting for a major leak to break.

Or, we could just stop buying the comics and stop giving them attention with threads going "Guess what [insert popular capeshit comic] did this week?"

There are numerous other series out there that deserve acclaim, but never receive it because everyone's ranting over the name drop/silhouette at the end [insert popular capeshit comic].

Here's the thing, the comics media desperately wants a comicsgate to happen. They've been trying to stir one up since 2014. Comics are a dying medium, and they need the relevancy a gamergate would give them so they can be like the big SJW rockstars in video games. So they keep trying, writing article after article, all of them sounding like the sad SJW wannabees they are.

Gamergate was effective until Gawker was annihilated. However, they were in decline before that. Everyone got tired out after politics got more heavily involved and people kept flipping their shit over anything vaguely left leaning. Then gamergate wandered away from it's initial purpose of video games and became more about getting Trump elected.

fuck off

fuck off

Thats a thing?

the 5 stages of grief.

He looks like the lead singer of smashmouth. I feel bad for seeing a few of his videos before but I am not surprised by his SJWness. He did a top 10 video series about 10 things wrong with Marvel and just pussyfooted around the diversity angle and said there should be as much minority writers as white writers.

You've missed plenty of chances. Pretty sure GG people even tried to nudge you lot into action.
Holla Forums seems way too passive.

Sounds legit actually. Why hasn't there been a comicgate? The community of comic book fans has been leaving not fighting.

Probably because of like the shitposters on here discouraging any backlash against the industry that's heavily vocal.

We don't need to do anything, the comic industry in America is already dying.

This sort of thing never happened here and you know it. We never encouraged SJW writers to keep doing to what they doing or tell anyone to spend money on comics.

Well, for starters, there's nothing to fight for. Comics have been incredible shit long before sjws came buzzing over the corpse. The industry is rotten to it's very foundations. No, beyond that, to the entire area surrounding comics. It's well beyond saving, doesn't deserve to be saved, and is better off dead.

Now, if there was something to fight for, what then? Declare war on advertisers? Start a hashtag? Comics and comics media are doing so poorly right now that any amount of outrage is a fucking god-send. They need that kind of buzz to break out of their complete irrelevancy. It's a situation where the problem is so small and pathetic that any sort of attention would help spread the infection.

At the end of the day, all this shit is irrelevant, as the comics market is currently making any need to fight this shit a waste of time. SJW comics do horribly in the direct market, the back-bone of the entire industry, to the point that DC and Marvel continuing to publish them actually hurts them more than it hurts us. Let them bleed out money churning out unsellable dreck. It just brings themselves closer to downsizing or collapse.

So, as you can see, Holla Forums has never needed a comicgate, will never need a comicgate, and starting up a comicgate would only hinder our desire to see the entire comic book industry collapse.

TL;DR
Let them rot.

No but they discourage organizing efforts to make our voices heard and make real change. That's what I'm talking about. Gamergate crumbled and splintered but it still brought attention to the woes of the industry. That's the whole point. To make these issues known.

What? That there are sjws in comics?

Brother, if you think that's the worst thing about comics, then there's a whole world of hurt waiting for you. A terrible, horrible world of such vileness that it'd make you pity all of those sjw faggots for getting sucked into the hell that is the comic book industry.

Not that user, but I can't picture something worse than what we are currently living. The edgy 90s were even more entertaining than the insipid virtue-signaling of the 2010s.

While I sympathize with the effort, seems like they don't listen to costumers, only to shill sites like Newsarama and ComicsAlliance that apparently serves as middle man between the industry and its consumers, but its actually a breeding ground for the shills who use their virtual-signaling to make it look like everyone is fine with forced diversity and shit, and they always managed to creep their way into the industry to write for them. Ideally, I would say we should just start our own comics with blackjack and hookaz, but we all know better how that went back in the 90s.

I still say we try to get the truth out there as best we can while supporting other indie publishers that haven't succumb completely yet.

Well said user. Everyone just needs to sit back and get comfy.

You idiots, of course the Big Two don't listen to customers. The jackasses that buy comics in LCS aren't their customers. They also aren't shilling to Newsarama and Comics Alliance. Nobody gives a fuck about comics media. Nobody.

Do you know who they're listening to and who their customers are? Fucking comic shops.

Comic shops are the people that buy comics. They buy them in bulk, for a discount, and can't fucking return them if they don't sell. That's the comics market, comic companies conning comic shops into buying comics. Those shops then have to hope those books appeal to the nerds that come to their shops. This is why SJW shit is on the decline and sells like shit. Nerds aren't buying them. Since the shops take all the risk, they order less books, which leads to the books getting shit-canned, or better still, continued to be published at a massive loss.

This is why I hate fucking discussion about a comicsgate. It's garbage spouted by casuals who don't know shit about comics.

Except comic retailers have been bitching about comics that they can't sell for a long time. Specially Marvel's.

I say burn them

Sell them as fire starters during the Winter. There's one way to make a profit.

Don't comic shops sell other stuff besides comics? I know a comic shop in my area that sells a lot of manga and anime besides comics.

My local comic shop sells a handful of popular manga and cartoon comics, and a bunch of figures and merch. You can tell what their primary source of income is, because they've got a good section of the store dedicated specifically to those fucking Pop! figures.

Fuck 'em. Serves them right for ignoring the indies for so long. And the undergrounds, and the minis, and anything Australian, especially in our own country. Getting an Australian comic shop to carry an Australian comic, even a mainstream superhero title, is like kicking dead whales down a beach. The literally will not carry anything that isn't listed in Overstreet. AN AMERICAN PUBLICATION. Fuck you, retailers.

I mean, Jesus, why get in ONE issue of Gold Digger? I know at least two people buy the fucking thing because you keep selling it to some other cunt before I get there, so why not order two and keep us both happy, and make another guaranteed sale?

And people wonder why I mostly read online these days.

yeah, occasionally you see a comic shop opened by some sucker off their inheritance, and you can tell right away it's going to go under when the money runs out – because they're dumb enough to try to make money selling comics. The stores that stay afloat all sell something else and the comics are just something they have around so they can say they're a 'comic book shop'.

I wonder if it would help if comic stores had some arcade games with them. You could make extra money that way.

Though I guess it is worth noting that this comic shop had been open since as early as I can remember. The Pop merch is relatively new, and they're doing well enough that they bought out the store next to them to expand and have more room for comics and secure a portion of the shop for merch.
It makes me curious. It's not like I live in a big city; I live in a medium-sized town in Illinois, and the shop in particular is a pain in the ass to get to because of the way the little parking lot is set up (the turn for it is right at a fucking intersection). They've gone on long enough and been successful enough that I can't imagine that they're only going on inheritance money. I wonder why the hell they're so successful. They're not even a chain or anything. It's literally just this dingy shop next to a dentist's office that says 'COMIC BOOKS' above it.

It would absolutely help. In the old days people bought comics at the news stand or at the grocery store, they were impulse buys. You see a cool cover and look inside and see a cool fight. There's nothing wrong with more intellectual comics for niche audiences, but the industry fucked itself when comic shops with nothing but comics and baseball cards started popping up.

Comics work best as lowbrow entertainment for the masses.

this isn't how it works

look in how they fucking shilled hydra cap and got fucking nothing. People who spout this shit know nothing on how consumerism works if the product is shit not only do i drop it but tell them its shit it doesn't give them good PR its the opposite especially on something frivolous like fucking comics people do not need it unlike something like sop so boycotting outright wont work but informing others its fucking shit will bleed them more honestly. but this is just my 2 cents keep being defeatists

then do something to inform comic shop owners interact with the people you out of touch autistoid

Do their comics even need to make a profit? I assumed they were just a fucking Propaganda wing for the films that just had churn shit out and had free reign for the license.

Are you telling marketeers are actually being paid to come up with stupid decisions?

Who knows?

So…don't be a faggot and give some examples? I'd like to hear them.

He has no idea what he has been saying. If comic shops have been complaining about how much they have wasted money on garbage that nobody buys, then they would have changed that tactic a long time ago, but instead they doubled down. As I said in my post above, they only do that to please libshit sites that provides writers with no-talent through their connections that will give rave reviews and praise them by how progressive they are. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised that Marvel at least doesn't even care about profit anyways since they can always fall back on movies.

…based. Alright. Maximum comfy mode.

This is true. There was even a comicgate hash tag on Twitter ffs. Why nobody from Holla Forums did anything with it and ran with it is beyond me.

Every reason why no one did anything has already been stated in the thread.

I remember seeing some website that showed comic store owners complaining about the big 2's practices. I think there's an archive of it.

They kind of are propaganda for the films. The modify the characters in the comics to look more like the films. Its a practice that went as far back as the Sam Raimi Spiderman movies where they gave Peter organic webshooters in the comics just to match the movies. That practice always annoyed me.

Lol, it goes back further than that.
For a while The Penguin had flipper hands like the Danny DeVito version from Batman Returns.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Bruce Timm hated that if I remember correctly.

Comic books in general are considered IP farms by movie and television studios at this point. After Marvel movies, DC TV shows, The Walking Dead, and Kingsmen, everyone wants a slice of the comic book adaptation pie. That's why any book that does remotely well, has someone trying to buy the film rights.

Son, it goes back further still. Outside adaptations have influenced mainstream comics almost since it's inception.

Skinny Alfred and the Batcave came from the 1943 serials. Kryptonite is from the1943 Superman radio show and one of my favorite comics, Jimmy Olsen, was published only because of his popularity on the Superman TV show. It's been going on forever.

He did. The BTAS crew were diehard fans of classic Penguin, which is why they hired Paul Willaims in the first place.

Biggest and oldest one is probably Superman in comics learning how to fly instead of using super-leaps. Cartoon did it first, because flight was easier and cheaper to animate, but now flight is one of the Supes' trademark powers and a staple superhero ability.

At this point, Disney is just another subsidiary of the Black Panthers, Marvel is in full "kill whitey" mode, and I hate how he does not even mentions the drop of quality in art, oh! and how much of the "diverse" comics is just BIG BLACK propaganda and they never do anything really epic anymore.

At this point, I wont be surprised if each issue came with a discount for a dildo.